12-30-2003, 12:15 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Oddworld A script?

Out of curiosity, did Lorne Lanning write a script yet for the Oddworld movie? Or is the script still in the draft stage?

I would imagine the Oddworld movie would be based upon the in game films but I don't think it will be just that. So in this case a script would be written. I wounder if he is going to mention this to us in Feb. That would be cool. What do you think?

Last edited by paramiteabe; 12-30-2003 at 04:27 AM..
12-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Alex
Chippunk

: Dec 2003
: Latvia
: 31
Alex  (10)

I think it will be great.I would like that film will be similar like Oddworld games.
12-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

: Sep 2002
: Wales
: 530
Nath  (89)

I don't think they'll say anything official about the movie for at least another year.
But it would be great if they do mention it sooner.

12-31-2003, 10:15 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

I know I've said Lorne originally wrote movie scripts for the Quintology, I'd like to step away from that quote at this point. The stories, I reckon, were basically just set out ready to be drafted and scripted. I know originally Abe's Oddysee was going to be about monks and dark religious leaders, so there's clearly been some changes in the premise of the plot. In that sense, I don't think the scripts I referred to were done. However, with the recent hintings at an Oddworld Movie, who knows. Maybe Lorne has been submitting drafts.

I'm very excited by the prospect of the films, although at this stage they still seem quite unfeasable to me.

12-31-2003, 06:31 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Id agree with Max, I think he had to have some form of a script for the movies, to actually try and create a game first. He did say in an interview that the movies would be much darker, and also touch on things only the games scratched the surface of.

Whether things have changed from his original vision for the Oddworld Films, is yet to be seen, or known of. I guess we must still just be patient and see what happens.
01-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Well I'd put my money on the script being the first thing done even before all of the world of Oddworld was concived. I read in an old, old interview that Lorne came up with alot of these storys during his younger years. They most likely evolved into an intricate and very in-depth story over the years. When Lorne finally decided to go into video games he probably nummed down the script quite alot in order to make it a not to lengthy game.

I do like the idea however of the movie being much darker and more detailed. I can imagine it starting out with Abe as a child for a small quarter of the movie then skipping to the present.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

02-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Oddys
Boombat

: Jun 2003
: Germany
: 217
Oddys  (10)

I like the idea, but I don't believe it!
The odworld inhabitants make the games first, befor they make concepts for a movie!
When they make a movie...

Oddworld: Skillya's Brood - Read it, feel it, taste it!