02-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Chris Co Depot
Boombat

: Aug 2001
: Maine,USA
: 236
Chris Co Depot  (10)
update

if u go check out www.oddworld.com it may still say december but its updated, also look at the games section looks like things are starting to take form

02-05-2004, 04:24 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

Well, it seems the game is called "Stranger." Also, it looks as if Stranger has allready won awards!

Awards for Stranger?

-oddguy

Last edited by oddguy; 02-05-2004 at 04:29 PM..
02-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I noticed the games page also lists stranger now with a small icon.
02-06-2004, 02:51 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

They are probabally in the middle of updateing things and giveing piece by piece. There might be a lot of stuff comming very soon. Mann that is cool Stranger is winning already. That means it has to be incredible.

02-06-2004, 03:37 AM
Scrubs
Stingbee

: Mar 2002
: Uk
: 81
Scrubs  (10)
updates

If you look at the icon for the Stranger game it looks as though they have kept those slogs with tusks in the game, and there seems to be at least 3 of those creatures with the long hats 1 small, medium and a huge one in the background. Maybe they are brothers! or the same person changing.

There also seems to be another Steef in the picture, middle background, bigger than Stranger!

I can't wait for this game to come out!!

The game has only got awards for the beginning FM, that don't mean the gameplay is going to be any good! I'm hoping it is though.

Not much else on the updates though, have to wait till march now.
02-06-2004, 04:14 AM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

: Sep 2003
: King's Lynn, England.
: 1,487
Esus  (10)

Ooh, thats a nice symbol. if only the pictures were much bigger... I believe there to be 3 hunters at the back and the frog top hat guy seems to have grown a whole lot. Edit: Just realised the frog guy we know and love is still the same, theres a knew big ol' one at the back with a top hat.

What Odd names our Clakkerz seem to have adpoted:
"Bawhnee Sue McUgly and Unkle TurkeyToes."

:
Gold World Medal, Best Computer-Generated Images.
Stranger CG Intro Movie
Gold World Medal, Best Soundtrack/Audio Mix.
Stranger CG Intro Movie
2004 Finalist. Best Direction.
Stranger CG Intro Movie
I really want to see this Stranger intro, it's sounding brilliant.

Lets just say I'm not the best picture enlarger :

Theres a lot of strange creatures on there... is that blue-y 2 legged slog type thing the dubbed "wartslog"? And Mr. TurkeyToes has a pitch-fork.

Last edited by Esus; 02-06-2004 at 04:33 AM..
02-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

yay! some good news around here!
and that picture is rather interesting! But I have to see them better to judge them.

Why can't WE see that awesome CG intro ???

02-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I am a bit disappointed by the names. 'Mcugly'? 'Turkeytoes'? Atleast hire someone to give them names...like a name-maker person. Or just call them something else...like...Cassana and Joel or something...like...erm...that.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

02-06-2004, 09:01 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

I am cerious but remember the picture of the Chronicler? Well the Chronicler wears a hat and OWI wants us to think hats for spring since thats one of the many themes in Stranger. Only a minor thought but do any of you think we're going to see Chroniclers aswell? We thought we saw everything thats going to be in this game but then comes this picture and theres more inhabitants. Will there be even more includeing Chroniclers and Khanzumers? Even though they are apart of the big city. Like in some westerns, some city slickers come out to the country and have a hell of a time with the towns folk. Cerious I have to say. We saw Vykkers and I have sort of a feel that the Clackerz are haveing some sort of legal issue with their homes. Chroniclers are bankers and possably loyers. Its only a far fetch thought.

But I agree aswell the names can be so much better but what can you do ya know? Its crazy! The only name I like as of far is Stranger and that Stranger is a steef. Which is as of far pretty original for his character.

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 02-06-2004 at 09:07 AM..
02-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

bah, its looking like bloody Rayman.

02-06-2004, 12:04 PM
depthsofodd
Bolamite

: Jan 2002
: Gold Coast, Australia
: 57
depthsofodd  (10)

Hello everyone,

Its starting to get exciting, we have a few images and snippets of names coming out.
I tried to enlarge that Stranger image off oddworld.com its not very clear but its a bit brighter than the one above. Wish we had the full sized image, they are probably laughing at the thought of us sqinting 2 cm away from our monitors trying to see detail...

I have also setup a "New Species" section for the new "Stranger" game on my website. If any of you could help me fill in names and species for the new creatures it would be great. go to www.depthsofoddworld.com then to "Next Game" and to "New Species"

Thanks
Hayley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_stranger4.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	43.7 
ID:	1524  

02-06-2004, 12:55 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Hey you guys remember that concept drawing of that shell creature we saw with the gun over a year ago? That all of us thought at first was a Khanzumer and then believe it was the early concept of the hunter?

Well guess what I think I saw it in the picture.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 02-06-2004 at 05:52 PM..
02-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Miss Odd
Bola Blast

: Apr 2002
: Australia
: 403
Miss Odd  (10)

OOOoooo cool! New Oddworld info... pretty exciting

T___T What kind of a name is Mcugly? Thats pretty lame.... LOL! Well let's not judge until we play ^^

~Miss Odd Serenity

.::[Oddworld Online]::.

02-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Id really love to see that cg intro.
02-06-2004, 06:12 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

You know I don't think we should jump to conclusions that those names are official. Because one did you see those names told by Alf?

And 2 we all know that Alf at times can be rather a schmuck uh I mean sarcastic. I doubt those are the names. The only name thats official is Stranger and the name of his species "a steef. and the name of the chickens called Clackerz. Hell maybe Stranger has a name that we don't know yet and Stranger is just a place holder.

Now I won't rule out the possibility here on those other names but for real we don't know anything. except for one small graphic and a bunch of characters. I for one am not going to jump conclusions on Mcugly or whatever that is and assume that what you see in Alf's questions and answers is quite accurete. I am not nieve! But again I say I won't rule out the possibility.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 02-06-2004 at 06:17 PM..
02-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Yeah the names were told by Alf, but it could be his funny comments. I rather see something more odd for them though.
02-06-2004, 07:44 PM
KintoKid
Stingbee

: Oct 2002
: Ca
: 85
KintoKid  (19)

On the site (I think under press of something) they mentioned an EGM article on Lorne's "crib." I picked it up (he has a really cool house) but I don't have a scanner so i can't get it up here-maybe someone would be willing to do the deed for me?

02-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

: Sep 2003
: King's Lynn, England.
: 1,487
Esus  (10)

:
You know I don't think we should jump to conclusions that those names are official. Because one did you see those names told by Alf?

And 2 we all know that Alf at times can be rather a schmuck uh I mean sarcastic. I doubt those are the names. The only name thats official is Stranger and the name of his species "a steef. and the name of the chickens called Clackerz. Hell maybe Stranger has a name that we don't know yet and Stranger is just a place holder.
Nah, I think I will beliefve what Alf says, thanks.
So, lets welcome Bawhnee Sue McUgly to the family!

02-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

Some of you may remember what I said some time ago, that the creatures that we see are ancestors of the ones that we have seen in previous games. Although that has now been proven wrong, I think that the blue slog thing, the gluckonish frog one, and perhapse the small lizard things(Miniature muds?) show that they are almost definetely offshots of the same ansestors(Well, the slog thing, anyway.) Maybe I wasn't as far off the mark at I thought.

02-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

:
On the site (I think under press of something) they mentioned an EGM article on Lorne's "crib." I picked it up (he has a really cool house) but I don't have a scanner so i can't get it up here-maybe someone would be willing to do the deed for me?

allready done here: http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=9601
very well done for your site Hayley! I like it very much!

02-07-2004, 05:44 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

OMG, yippee. When I checked yesterday I was only able to see the home page and Dear Alf before my computer cacked up (the reason I haven't rushed over here sooner). What struck me then was that Bawhnee Sue McUgly and Unkle TurkeyToes are the most piss-taking things I've seen in Dear Alf since he said the next game would feature Agent Abe and Agent Munch as they battle an alien invasion. Piss-take, I tell you! And a hilarious one at that, especially since so many people seemingly fell for it.

This new image looks well interesting. I'm tempted, but I'm not going to start detailing every minutest thing I notice. That huge muscle-bound thing looks remarkably familiar. Didn't I see him jumping about a Roman amphitheatre in Crash Bandicoot: Warped? Hehehe. Wartslog looks good, orcs look good, Clakkerz look as if they're about to get crushed, suits me fine. What's that big bulky thing to left of the larger 'Steef'? Is that what you're talking about PA?

Anyway, good to see that OWI are winning awards again, or should I say still? They never seem to stop getting them. And sounds like the Polygon magazine page spread and article will be fabulous, not to mention the Game Over cameo. Oddworld just feels so rewarding right about now.

EDIT: BTW, I love the links page update.

Last edited by Wil; 02-07-2004 at 05:47 AM..
02-07-2004, 06:36 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Yep Max thats what I am talking about. Remember that concept drawing of the character with that huge shell on his head holding a muskett gun? Well I think the distorted guy standing next to the other steef looking thing is that character. Damm I wish I had that concept drawing! Do you remember what I am talking about? It was over a year ago when I think Xav discovered this picture and I gave the notion that it could be a Khanzumer. But then we thought it was an early design of the hunter.

Do u guys know what I am talking about? I wounder if Xav has that picture.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 02-07-2004 at 06:43 AM..
02-07-2004, 06:39 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

Exciting! I am enjoying the wide group of characters, i can count about 22 characters in that picture...and better yet, I now know the actual colour of Mr. Grub Hunter! Life is good.

EDIT: I have attached a picture of a guy I cant make heads or tails of. His jaw (if it is a jaw) resembles that of the Grub Hunter's but he seems to be lacking the rest of his head

I dont think this guy is the shellman. Here is the shellman picture. Compare.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whodat.gif
Views:	262
Size:	4.4 
ID:	1527  

Last edited by Sekto Springs; 02-07-2004 at 06:49 AM..
02-07-2004, 06:43 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

:
BTW, I love the links page update.
Yeah, great job on Oddblog. It got 5 happy mudokon faces out of 5 happy mudokon faces. And they paid you and Xav really good compliments.

-oddguy

02-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Khanzumer
Bolamite

: Jul 2002
: Mudos
: 66
Khanzumer  (10)

Does anyone else realize that "It' s a full month into 2004 and what have you got to show for it? ...Perhaps to finish a game that's been in hush-hush development for darn near eternity? Hey, that's a good one ... yeah, we'll take that." Basically says they have almost finished the game.

Also, I noticed that there are multiple ugly ear creatures in the stranger logo.

02-07-2004, 09:18 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Whoa, I just mistook you for TheKhanzumer...another member. You both have the same avatar and similiar names.

-oddguy

Last edited by oddguy; 02-07-2004 at 09:23 AM..
02-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I don't like the fact he has two legs...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

02-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Khanzumer
Bolamite

Khanzumer  (10)

I am TheKhanzumer... this is my other account. I can never remember the password for my other one. I actually have a third too. TheKhanzumer, Khanzumer and Mr. Khanzumer are all me, the one and only... Khanz.

02-07-2004, 09:54 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Whoa! That's weird. I thought cloning was...not allowed.

-oddguy

02-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Khanzumer
Bolamite

Khanzumer  (10)

Maybe it isn't... I really only need one account. If the mods want to get rid of my other two that is fine with me. Just make sure you leave me this one, since this is the only one that I can remember the password.

That was a bit of a tangent...