Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

01-15-2004, 05:16 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)
Main: Rehab & Tea: Overlord:hobo

**Scene**
It's a busy day inside the rehab, this may well be as it's ladies night (Ok, crossdresser's night then.....) On Stage 'The Oddspring' (OOC:Thanks Max) are playing some live music, while in one of the corners a group of Mudarchers are having a game of 'Extreme Darts'
01-15-2004, 07:00 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)
Oddworld Hobo's Journey begins

Hobo walks into the rehab, his Spoocebow over his sholder. He looks about, and finally settles his gaze apon 'The Oddspring'. He lets out a short sigh...

Hobo: Pffft, wannabe's

Hobo then walks over to the 'Extreme Darts' contest, he watches a young Mudokon fire his spoocebow at the board, which is currently moving between the ceiling and floor at a slow speed. The shot pierces the board to the wall behind it, a shout comes from the bar.

Alf: For the love of Odd guys! Try to leave me one wall hey?

The Mudokon that just fired yells back...

Mud: Calm down old mud.....

Hobo steps up behind the Mud and taps him on the shoulder:

Hobo: Who you calling old punk?

Mud: What's it to you Grampa, I bet you can't even hit an Elderling with that bow of yours!

Alf yells across the Rehab:

Alf: Hobo, take him outside and show your stuff....

Hobo leads the young mud outside, he whispers to another Mud, who disappears for a second and come back with a tin of paint, he then paints a target on a nearby tree.

Mud: Easy stuff.....

The Mud Primes his bow and fires, striking the second ring from the centre.

Mud: Beat that old man.....

Hobo draws his spoocebow, he bends his legs and closes his eyes. He stays in that position for a second, before he launches himself up a great distance into the sky, aims his bow, fires, reloads and fires again. He then descends to the earth as gently as a feather. He looks up to the target to see his first arrow, that had hit the bullseye, split into two halves by his second arrow.

Hobo: Beat it kid, don't let me catch you in Alf's again.....

Alf comes outside and stands next to Hobo.

Alf: Hobo, I think your talent is wasted as a bouncer...

Hobo: There is no other work for an old Mudokon like me Alf, I tell you this everytime we get into this conversation...

Alf: Hobo, go see my friend Ysult, he's by the bar, he was quite impressed by you....

Last edited by Hobo; 01-16-2004 at 10:28 PM..
01-16-2004, 04:44 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo puts his bow back over his shoulder and returns to the Rehab. He walks into the staff room around the back, he puts his spoocebow in his bag, along with all of his other possesions and slings it around his shoulder. He walks up to the bar, he dumps his bag on the floor and gestures to Alf, who ducks behind the bar for a second and then walks over to Hobo with a large brew...
01-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo takes a sip of his brew, and then exhales a big sigh, another mudokon pulls up a stool next to him.

Mud: I'm Ysult, you're Hobo, right?

Hobo: Ah, Alf mentioned you....

Ysult: Yeah I know, I have a couple of Jobs for you, I'll start you off low to prove your worth, and then we'll get difficult.

Hobo: I'm in, what's the pay?

Ysult: Supplies, Moolah, If you take it that is and you'll of course get the adventure....

Hobo: What's the first task?

Ysult: Pick up a package, hidden in the tallest tree in Meep Fields, Deliver it to our contact in the Necrum Jungle.

Hobo: Description of the contact?

Ysult: On the Package....
01-18-2004, 02:21 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

Dernamen: *Just outside the Rehab, he notices the target painted on the tree. He looks at it, as well as the three arrows in the tree*
"Whoah! Hate to be up against that guy."
*He stands back, and takes a coupple of shots at it, but isn't quite as good as Hobo or the other mud*

01-19-2004, 05:15 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo walks to his hut, he opens the door. He opens a large cupboard and looks inside it for a few minutes before pulling out a huge bag along with some equipment.

Hobo: Well I'll need my bow, and some ammo, obviously, some huskbread would be good, as would some water....

Hobo walks around his hut and finds the relevent equipment.

Hobo: A fishing rod would be good, as would a hunting knife...

Hobo gathers his stuff together, and throws into his bag, he then throws that over his Sholder and makes his way to Meep fields....
01-26-2004, 04:06 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

enter Blarg comming from the wilderness.

among the hussel of the rehab a loud swooping noise was heard outside. There was yelling and running heard. An omunious shadow approached the door of the Rehab as the other inhabitants were really not paying much attention. They were concentraiting on their tea and ale. Blarg then spoke to the Mudokon Guarding the Rehab door on the outside. his voice was heard.

"I am looking for the one they you call Alf. I need to speak with him. It is urgent that I must speak with Alf. Will you let me pass?" asked Blarg.

01-26-2004, 03:52 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

Whoooo, triple post!

-oddguy

01-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Dernamen: *Sees the guard facing Blarg get ready to "defend" the Rehab, and realises that this isn't going to end up well unless something happens. He runs up to the Guard and the Locken*
(To the guard) "Stop! We don't know that-uh, he, she, it, whatever- is agressive!"
(To Blarg) "Ok, we can answer you if you give us your name, area of origin and reason that you're here."
Pause
"Your gender would be helpful too"

01-27-2004, 03:29 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

"Oh, I am truely sorry if I startled you but my name is Blarg and I am the only Loken in existence unfortunately. We Lokens were a prosperous race whome dwelled in the land of Lok. Us Lokens were once looked upon as being the creaters of new lands. It is so because of our powers we possess. I am able to control the elements of nature and the ability to teleport at will which are the building blocks of recreateing new lands. But that my friends was eons ago. We Lokens live to be 900 million years old. And I am 20 million years old. I was orphaned at birth and my lands were destroyed and taken by the sea 20 million years ago in a time you would call Prehistoric Oddworld. After that event the Lokens were lost forever. In a last attempt to save the race I was at birth, put in a shell and quickly pushed out to sea for many years until I reached Mudos by chance. I wondered into the land you call Scrabania and lived the rest of my childhood underground in a crevas learning primatively.

Then chance happened and I was discovered by Mudokons and kidnapped by disgusting creatures you call Vykkers. Since then I knew I needed a new place to live and now I live on an un named island off the shores of Mudos in a Valley I call "Paramite Valley"

But there are other prehistoric races like myself whome live there with me. Other members of different ancient prehistoric races that too were orphaned at birth in the great extinction of prehistoric Oddworld. I watch over them as their king and guardian. My mudokon friends I the creature Blarg belong to the society of the orphans. The one thing that is common among the races of prehistoric times is that we possess most unusally long life spans. That is why I still am alive today.

That is my story and just reciently I came upon one of your people stranded on my beach sick and overtaken by a serious disease called "Purvis!" This disease is as old as I am. It can wipe out entire lands if not delt with. the Cure no longer exist. I come here to seek Alf for assistance. I am on a quest to find a new cure and I need to head north into the arctic I must talk with Alf about this. He possess a small key I gave him years ago when I was discovered. Yes Alf was one of the Mudokons whome discovered me. We dident know what this key was for but I told Alf to hold it for me and to keep it secret. If my theory is correct the key will open the gates to lost Prehistoric Oddworld. If that is correct I will be able to find the cure and finally return to where I belong along with my other orphans."

Last edited by paramiteabe; 01-27-2004 at 03:39 AM..
01-28-2004, 03:27 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Dernamen: *After a Pause* " um... is that all?"
" I suppose you could see Alf if you like,but you'll need to go around the back way. I -wont- be able to control twenty mudokons who feel suprised ant threatened, with weapons, if you go in there, and I'm not sure Alf can, either. Follow me."
*Starts walking around the Rehab*