Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

01-15-2004, 05:34 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)
Main: Meep Fields: Overlord: hobo

**Scene**
T'is a lovely day down on the Meep Fields the sun is beating down on the earth, a few Mudokon herders are tending to their flocks, the sound of a pack of Scrabs In the distance can be heard and the Meep are playfully bouncing about, as usual....
01-22-2004, 04:45 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

(Enter Blarg- comming from Paramite Valley on an urgent mission to find the cure for the prehistoric disease of Purvis.)

Suddenly a strange creature out of the sky comes swooping down landing in the fields. The Creature Blarg stood up right and looked out and saw the same view of the lush green meep fields.

The herders were stunned at Blarg with his areal assent into the Meep fields. The Mudokon herders began running up to Blarg with spears.

"Leave you beast!" yelled the herders pokeing at Blarg.

"Stop, Stop I tell ya!" yelled Blarg

The Mudokons stoped as Blarg got annoyed and took flight and scared the hell out of the Mudokon meep herders.

"I don't want to hurt you! I am hear on Mudos I need somebodies help please!
I found one of your kind in my own lands and he is sick with a disease that hasn't been heard of since the days of prehistoric times. The disease "Purvis" which it is called, could wipe everything out unless I find the cure. And my Mudokon friends the cure is something that doesn't exist anymore. I need some followers to journey with me to the north. I am on a journey to find the last of the cure rumored to be in the North needed to save your bretheren." explaned Blarg.

The Mudokon meep herders were stuned at this so they began to talk among them selves.

01-23-2004, 06:27 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Hobo arrives in Meep fields, it's been a week's travelling for him, and this is his first safe night for days. He enters a very dark segment of the forest where nearly all light is blockked out by the thick Canopy. He pauses for a second and then touches his palm to his forehead. Sensing the immediate danger he rolls to the side, just dodging a burst of bullet fire. He then backflips up onto a nearby Branch.

He watches his pursuers enter the small clump of trees where he just was, his position was unknown. He puts his hand to his head again, and he starts to silently Chant. He feels his soul move, into the body of the lead slig. He looks down at his hands, a rusty shotgun was in his hands, who ever these guys were they wern't pro's. He looked behindhim at the three other sligs, one of them is holding a flaming torch and a pistol, the rest are holding Assault Rifle's.

Torch Slig: Shall we slash and burn chief?

Hobo: Wait a sec....

Hobo checked his shotgun for ammo. Just the one slug in the chamber.

Hobo turned to the torch slig and fired it square in his chest. Before rolling forward and picking up the dieing Slig's pistol. He turned and then promptly ducked as a few bullets went over his head.

Slig#1: Damn you Hobo! We liked our boss!

Hobo put a bullet in his face before he could say more. He then charged at the second slig who was struggling with a jammed clip. Hobo gave him a swift punch to the jar, sending him to the floor. Hobo then kicked a button on the back of his pants, deactivating them. Hobo got out the Slig's hunting knife and slipped it around the struggling slig's neck.

Hobo: Who are you working for?

The slig struggles. he takes something from his belt.

Hobo: What was that?! What was it!

Slig: A bad omen.....

Within seconds Hobo was back in his original body and looking down on a spray of slig guts all over the glade.
01-23-2004, 08:23 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

*Kuj just came from Necrum Jungle. BACKSTORY*

Kuj had been walking for a good while. Finally, the jungle behind cleared away and the vast Meep Fields were open to him. To blend in, Kuj morphed into a Meep. Except, the weird thing was that no Meeps were around. Kuj just realized while being a Meep, that they have great sesne of smell. Kuj could smell gunpowder in the air. Something must have happened. Kuj walked cautiously along the great field, eating some grass along the way. Being a Meep made him crave that tasty grass as if it was the best food in the world. So, Kuj was now following the smell of gunpowder to investigate.

-oddguy

01-23-2004, 01:00 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

The Mudokon meep herders came to a decision to not help Blarg on his quest.

"Strange being from distant land we have decided that you do not belong hear leave us you curse!" yelled the other Meep herders.

Blarg looked at them and could not believe what happened.

"Very well I will seek help some place else but remember one thing, Its your lives your endangering!"

Suddenly in the distance gun fire was heard.

"Whats that!" yelled the meep herders "More visitors?"

then they turned back to Blarg in hopes they would ask him for assistence but Blarg was gone out of the fields headed for the wilderness.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 01-23-2004 at 01:03 PM..
01-23-2004, 03:34 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Ummmm, I just noticed this. How can Drake be attacking Blarg when PA's most recent post of Blarg puts him in the Wilderness?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

01-23-2004, 04:16 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

: California
: 1,188
GrigtheSlig  (23)

I'm coming out of the wilderness, I guess... and I meet him there... I'll PM PA.

01-24-2004, 05:57 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

(OOC: Don't use other people's characters without their permission ok?)

Hobo decides to spend the night up in the tree. When he wakes, he can feel his Magic returning to him. He stands up straight, before climbing to the very top of the tree.
From here he can clearly see the tallest tree sticking out of the canopy.

Hobo leaps from tree to tree until he reaches the tallest one. He looks down to see another group of sligs standing about smoking.

Slig: Maybe we should give up? We've already got the package.

Slig#2: The boss wants to get rid of this guy, he's had his eye on him for a while.
01-24-2004, 07:44 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

(Hey Grig any reply you make make it in the wilderness thats where I am at. Hobo merged your post in the wilderness so it can make sense.) carry on!

01-25-2004, 12:37 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Kuj stopped being a Meep a while ago...mainly because he got stuck for an hour eating that delicious grass. He was now a bird, which attracted less attention and got him moving a lot faster. Although, he couldn't smell the gunpowder that he was following, but he had awesome eyesight. Kuj soared to great hights and after a while of flying could see two sligs near a very large tree. Hmmm, was it the tallest tree? Kuj glided down to see someone was allready at the top of the tree...stalking the two sligs. Kuj landed next to the mudokon. He was a very tall Mudokon with a slight gut and was wearing a black bandanna with three red feathers tucked in it.

-oddguy

Last edited by oddguy; 01-25-2004 at 12:42 PM..