11-23-2003, 09:10 AM
moodokon man
Howler Punk

: Apr 2001
: South Africa
: 302
moodokon man  (10)
Steef theory

I just had an Idea. If There is gonna be a slig army, then maybe what steef will haft to do, or wat his 'dillema' will be is that he has to fight them off and raise and army from the native creatures of his what looks like a jungle habitat. Which means we could see the meetles and mugs theory come back. They said the gameplay is going to change so maybe it means that your gonna haft to raise an army of meetles and mugs or sumtin like that.
Wada ya think?

11-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

why should "pacefully" mudokons listen to a stranger?

anyway about that I can only say we don't know enough to have a decent theory about a slig army

that reminds me about the mudokon "army" you can see in this thread: http://www.oddworldforums.net/forums...&threadid=7585

a couple of angry Mudokons

Edit: plus in that thread you can find a Slig Tank and an Slig Air Corps. Could there be a real Oddworld War in the next game? I remember Lorne Saying on gamepower: "we want to do something big in the future"

Last edited by Xavier; 11-23-2003 at 01:59 AM..
11-24-2003, 10:51 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Well in the footage we saw in the X-Factor there was a slig army along with snoozers moveing swiftly across a field burning and piledging. So Mudokon Man's theory is not really far fetched.

I can defenitly see some sort of revalution takeing place on Mudos with the Magog and the native Mudokon movement led by Abe and Munch. Infact its already happening through Munch's Oddssey. And well this Steef character gets caught up in the middle of it. This Steef doesn't meet Abe and Munch but gets caught up in the middle of another part of the revalution of Mudokons where Abe is not present and he is somewhere else doing something. Which can explane how the next game is suppose to not be apart of the quintology but yet happening at the same time. Steef will probabally have nothing to do with this movement because he has his own delema he faces with the bounty hunters. And I believe there is more than two bounty hunters that are after Steef.

So I bet what we are going to see is not only the Steef's tale but behind the scenes the movement takeing place led by Abe and Munch. But in a different location on Mudos, where Abe and Munch are not around but yet the same movement is takeing place led by other Mudokons. At the end of AE there were a lot of Muds who were with Abe and I bet the same kind of movement aganst the Magog is being led by other Muds not just Abe. I bet at the end of AE the Muds Split up to search for more slaves and hopefully their beloved queen Sam. Which Abe is currently searching for. Possably the 399 Mudokons that were liberated from Rupture Farms and Saul Storm Brewery all together are the leaders of this movement to the Big City. I don't even think this Steef will even meet up with Abe and Munch in future games. I think his story is something to behold among the events of the quintology. For all we know Steef could very well be takeing place at the same time as Munch's Oddssey. After all Munch's Oddssey seemed to begin the revelution of the natural world aganst the Industrial. In many ways war is brewing.

This relates to how peace and nature loveing native Americans faught many battles aganst the white Man during Colonal times. Its similar in that aspect.

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 11-24-2003 at 03:10 AM..
11-24-2003, 05:54 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Good ideas, there, PA, I'd never really considered other Mudokons going off to liberate other factories. However, while I expect and hope there will be military-like conflict during the Quintology's story arc (I just loved those Meetles in the early MO video), I hope this doesn't become overly necessary - Oddworld has a history of trying to find more peaceful, pacifist solutions to issues, although I guess a war proper could bring up many military- and human rights-related issues, which would be interesting if given that Oddworld slant we all love.

However, I don't know where this idea of those Sligs 'burning and pillaging' comes from. They were carrying torches, if I remember correctly, but there weren't exactly any vilages shown for them to plunder or alight.

11-24-2003, 06:22 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Well the Sligs and Greeters definately seemed to marching twoards something? Keep in mind though this concept could have been taken out... but then again there was that quote in one of the "Inhabitants profiles" not to long ago (forgot who it was beign interviewed.) when he mention that there was a extreemly exciting ending/ near ending (forgot which) video sequence that he was working on. This could possibly point to either the begining of a giant war or the end of one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

11-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

yes, the oddworldian war that finally breaks would be great, but i think it's too soon, that kind of thing would be awesome for the oddworld finale. You know like the final game, where all the quintology heroes and their buds team up and thwart the industrialists once and for all and return oddworld to it's natural, peaceful state, OR.... Abe could step in and say something and stop the war and everyone could live in peace (i find that being a better ending).

Those marching sligs could be the starters of a small but effective revolution, they could be marching and destroying something the mudokons hold dear, and when they see that it's destroyed, they get plum mad. Thus the war starts.

Just some of my thoughts

11-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I would love to see an Oddworld full scale civil war, or war. And Im sure we will see one. I just hope they save the full epic scale for a later time.

I can imagine it now. Glukkon CEO's, and Military leaders in a war room with a holographic board, similar to SW E2, plotting strategies, and hearing broadcasts from armored sligs above, and the explosions rocking their bunkers.

Then the Mudokon chiefs, and other native leaders, are inside a tent at a large military camp site, plotting points on their map where they will attack the industrialists.
11-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

sounds like you guys would love to see a war...
I don't realy think it's for right now, I expect it to come in a later game.
anyway it's sure OWI did allready desing lots of War vehicles and such, but don't place your hopes to high

11-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

:
Originally posted by Xavier
sounds like you guys would love to see a war...
I don't realy think it's for right now, I expect it to come in a later game.
anyway it's sure OWI did allready desing lots of War vehicles and such, but don't place your hopes to high
I agree. I personally want to see the games build up until towards the end of the qunitology with an all out full scale war that I was talking about in my previous post.
11-25-2003, 10:44 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

yes, so we all agree....an oddworld war would be a superb finale!
Cheers!

11-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

I'd have to say I'm pretty dubious about the idea of the Quintology culminating in war, although I have the suspicion I've already aired that though. I can see positive aspects in it, but it might just be a little bit too predicatable a story arc, although I'm not saying OWI couldn't pull off the war in itself in an original way.

11-26-2003, 04:13 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

hmmm, the war itself would be predictable yes, but what happens duing the war or how it started is something we could look forward to.

11-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

I think it would just be cool to see a war for oddworld, that still has the oddworld feel, and an overall oddworldian style. Though if the war does not happen, I'd like to see some kind of inventive final part of the oddworld saga.
11-29-2003, 11:42 AM
moodokon man
Howler Punk

: South Africa
: 302
moodokon man  (10)

Well even though it seems we all think thers gonna be a war so now we gotta see how or wats gonna happen in it (if were right that is)

11-29-2003, 06:04 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

If there is going to be anykind of war take place on Mudos it will be only the Mudokons and the Glukkon forces. No other inhabitant would be involved, because the Mudokons are becomeing more of a gungho race. The Modokons are the only known resistence against the Magog. Remember MO the last standing Modokon Fortress? The Muds are now defending their lands much like Native Americans. The war started already at the end of AE. Abe was the turn of the tides in the history of the Mudokon Race. He brought to his people some hope.

It will be Mudokons vs sligs since Gluks couldn't possibly fight.

I could imagine of small armies of Mudokon warrors moveing across a field rideing Elums and carrying Spooce bows and clubs and sling shots as huge forces of sligs closes in. As for other heros I see them in this but they have their own delemas they face. Almost like micro wars among the big war among the Muds vs the Magog.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 11-29-2003 at 10:07 AM..
11-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe
I could imagine of small armies of Mudokon warrors moveing across a field rideing Elums and carrying Spooce bows and clubs and sling shots as huge forces of sligs closes in.
In the rain

11-30-2003, 07:45 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

PA, I love your idea of the Mudokons becoming more gungho, which would lead to war, but I'm not sure about your idea about it being purely the Mudokons against the Magog Cartel. Since the destruction of Vykkers Labs, the Industrial economy has been collapsing, as shown by the special Angelic newspaper at the end of MO, meaning all the industrial races want to stop rebellion, although I imagine the families are segregated enough to only really care when their own facilities have come under attack. What's more, we haven't seen what other races are being suppresed by industrial forces (I haven't seen the Crimbo Card yet, I always save such topics till last ).

Hence there could be any number of races involved, but you are right in that it does seem most likely the Magog Cartel has the greatest army force, and that the Mudokons would head the native retaliation. I can then picture Abe trying desperately to put an end to the violence to find a more peaceful solution, although I have no idea why.

I was thinking yesterday about an Oddworld war, and I decided while it would definitely take place towards the end of the Quintology (and it's just occured to me that it could be started by the Mudokons - indicative of their becoming more gungho (sorry for stealing your word, PA, but it's great), and also being a chance for us to discover their war-like Adviser Era), the final game would be better a final resolution to the story - a mobsta/Mafia story. I would love that so much.