07-05-2003, 09:13 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)
Failure to Comply(Initial concept work)

In the mean time, while I am still working on my two stories (Failure to Comply and Campaign Tour, The Fallen Temple was allready*completed*) I will start like some others have done with posting some of my initial sketches, drawings, concepts, etc. for the actual stories.

The first image is not an actual sketch, but I used an image program to manipulate the face to a glukkon one.

This is the character molluck as described in the story FTC, when he first appeared in hologram form to Yslam requesting a meeting.

I'll post some of the sketches soon. But for now, enjoy this initial concept.

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 07-05-2003 at 01:52 PM..
07-05-2003, 09:53 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

How thooper, how did you do that? It's very realistic. Am i right in thinking you used some Starwars shtuffs...to get the hologramic effect? And after reading the rest of your post...i realised you have done some manipulationess...well done

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

07-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

You are correct. I used a basic hologram image (I am in the process of learning to get that type effect) commonly used in star wars. Then used the image program to completely work with the face.

I tried several different techniques with essentially giving the face lift on the original image, while also adding the glowing eyes (werent there originally) to still appear holographic. Also trying to get the desired glukkon face and proportion of the head.

AS you can see in the following image, these are all the different versions of the hologram image. The bottom center is the original image that I manipulated. I went through the process several times as you can see with the subtle differences in all the images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hologramprocess.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	89.3 
ID:	942  
07-08-2003, 06:30 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Hey Al thats interesting minipulations you have there. Did you do any free hand sketches of him aswell? I dident know you had an artistic talent along with your musical talent in Jazz. Can't wait to see more. Oh and check out my fanfic Klink00's Oddessy I updated it and added 2 pictures to it with my drawings of Klink00. Later I will be adding more character designs in the story and I will be updateing Crusades and posting more incredible conceptual art of Conquest in the next week or so. So be sure to check it out!

Paramiteabe...