03-08-2003, 03:56 AM
Kesiah
Sniper Wasp

: Jun 2002
: In my Soul Room. Occasionally found on Fanfiction.net
: 274
Kesiah  (10)
Wired Round Robin

I haven't tried this before, though I have heard much about it.
For those who don't know, a Round Robin story, is when one person starts a story, and they and others take turns at writing sections of it. The rules are basic, just keep the story going, and allow others to write sections of it as well.
Hope this turns out fun!
-----------------

Alf's Journey

Prolouge

Alf sighed as he looked around the Rehab. Most of his time these days was spent drinking tea, helping others recover from Brew (or recovering himself), and the occasional venture into the forums. But the problem was, it was getting boring. Alf felt like he was in a rut.
*Abe gets to have fun, doing adventures and stuff, but not me!* Alf thought sullenly. *If only...*
But he was interupted by a younger Mudokon, who raced through the door, tripped over a chair, flipped and slid across some tables, then made a perfect three-point face slam into the counter.
Alf looked down at the Mud. "Wow, that sure was something..." He muttered.
The younger Mud groaned and stood up. "I'm ok. Are you busy Alf?" He said, rubbing his head.
Alf shrugged. "Depends. What do you want?"
"It's been a few years since Abe rescued us from Rupture Farms, so we thought we might have a party!" The Mud said.
Alf grinned, despite himself.
"But," The Mud continued. "We don't got no party stuff. We figured the Mudarchers and Tommahawkers could get some food, but we need drinks too."
Alf felt his smile slip. "I don't have enough tea for that many Muds!" He wailed. "It'll take forever to get enough, plus, with the Gluks wreaking everything, it's harder to find!"
"Well, can't we get some others to help you?" The Mud said. "This is really important Alf!"
"Why can't Abe do it?"
"It's supposed to be a surprise! He's gone to rescue some others, and we don't want him to know til he gets back!"
Alf sighed. He was fighting a losing battle, and he knew it.
"Ok, ok. I'll do it. But I'd better get alot of help!"
-----------------

Alf looked over the group that were supposed to 'help' him. A more motley group he couldn't imagine. That Gabbit, Munch, was here, as well as a Tommahawker that looked about as intelligent as his club, a Mudarcher that seemed to have a permenant cough, and....
*Oh no! Why them?!* Alf thought desperatly.
Grinning and waving like a lunitic, Ben yanked his Shaman brother, no one knew his name, and most likely no one ever would, into the line.
"Wow! Isn't this great, bro?! Our second adventure! And Alf is gonna be with us! Isn't is great Alf? Why do you look so mad Alf? Is it cause you wanna get going?" Ben said happily, while Alf thought evil things.
"Alright, lets get this freak show on the road." Alf sighed.
"Why did you say that.........?" Ben began.
-----------------

Hehehehe....... Looks like Alf and his little group of friends are off. Would someone like to have a go at picking up where I left off?
I'm only gonna say that this if most likely a humor story, and that some of the characters I have put in are pretty much set, like Alf, Munch, Ben and the Shaman.
Otherwise,
Let's PARTY!!
I am a Yaoist. If you have a problem with this, tell someone else.
Author of "Quest for the Can Opener" And several other fics. See them at Fanfiction.net!

03-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Ok, this might not be that good, but i hope Kes can come and write her bit every so often.

Alf trudged across the desert, wondering what had forced him to agree with this.
"Hey, Alf!" Came a call from behind him.
"What?" Groaned Alf. It was that idiot Mudarcher, Mick.
"Where (cough) are we goin (cough)?"
Alf sighed. ("28," counted Munch) "I've told you guys, 7 times already today, Necrum."
"(Cough) why?"
Alf sighed again ("29") "Because, from there, we can find a bird portal that will take us in to The Necrum Mines, then we'll probably be able to get a hand cart or something to Feeco Depot, and then on to what's left of the Soalstorm Brewery."
Mick coughed. "But how (cough) can you be (cough) sure that there is a (cough cough) way (cough) in?"
("30") "Because Abe told me."
"Wow, Alf! ("31") Do you always talk about Abe's missions? Are you really such good friends?" I don't really need to tell you that this was Ben, do I?
You'd think so wouldn't ya? Then you see that he dumped me with you freaks! Thought Alf. "Pretty much, yeah, now go talk with ya brother!" He said.
Ben drifted back to the end of the lines and got in to a deep question-and-answer conversation with his brother about the evolution paths of moths.
"So, Alf, (cough) where are we going?" Asked the Tommahawker.
Alf almost screamed! "WASN'T ANYBODY LISTENING WHEN I EXPLAINED THE MISSION, EARLIER?!"
"No!" Shouted Munch.
Alf sighed. ("32") "It's gonna be a long trip..."

Well?

04-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

Oh, I love these! Okay, here I go.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alf sat down on a large, flat-topped boulder. He was beat. Listening to the other Muds whine and complain -all day long- was enough to drive a crater in anyone's nerves. And Alf was far from patient.

Ben had continued with his three hours of nonstop babbling:

"Alf, your the greatest. Man, this is the coolest trip I've ever been on, even better than that trip with Abe and Shorty-Whatzhisname over there and that time with the rock tied to my foot..."

Mick had gone to sleep early after finding refuge under a palm tree. The redundent cough had (FINALLY) stopped and was replaced by a high-pitched snore. Alf had nearly thrown a rock at him, but he decided that stoning the Mud was too good a punishment for him.

Munch had the same overturned expression as Alf. With his mind pounding off the wall of his skull, he finally snarled and threw a surprisingly large log at Ben and knocked him out in mid-sentence. The painted Mud (writer's note: I'm assuming he's painted being a Shaman) crossed his eyes, grinned and fell to the ground, into a deep, pain-induced sleep.

"Thanks," Alf said.

Munch nodded once and found a comfortable spot in a pile of palm fronds. He kicked leg and fell into a (Silent) sleep.

Alf sighed. Indeed it would be a long trip, but for now, it was time for rest. And so, Alf joined his Mudokon brothers in a quaint slumber.

But tranquility never lasts long on Oddworld, for lurking in the shadows was a hulking red figure, drooling and growling hungerly. This was no place for a camp site.

_________I would have written more, but it's bed time.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 04-03-2003 at 03:45 PM..
04-06-2003, 05:16 AM
Kesiah
Sniper Wasp

Kesiah  (10)

Wow! I'd actually given up on this thing, cause it was well over a few weeks and no one showed any intrest, but I just checked today, and not one, but TWO people had replied!!
I think it's going really great, and I would love some of the other writers to jon in as well, see how far we can get things to go.....
heh, If Ben still painted from the last story? I can't remember....
If he is, he looks a little like Abe, if you blurr your vision, look through some blue cellophane at midnight in the opposite diection.....
Basiclly, blue, patched with a greenish color which is his natural skin colour, with black scribbled designs that are supposed to look like Abe's tattoos.....
Heh...hope that helps anyone who wants (or caRES) what Ben looks like.
Author of "Quest for the Can Opener" And several other fics. See them at Fanfiction.net!

04-06-2003, 11:19 AM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: Jan 2003
: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)
Happy

Ok..........

"Hey guys, look! A dead scrab!" said Munch. They all stared at the scrab.
"Jeez, it looks like it died of starvation. Like whats gonna happen to us if we don't eat something." said the shaman guy. Alf sighed (789). " Well, lets eat it, then."
They made a fire and cooked the scrab. They then had to try to eat and listen to Ben's non-stop babbling at the same time. BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't he ever shut up!?! Thought Alf. Later they left for necrum. "Hey,(cough) uh, Tomahawker(coughCOUGHcough) guy, whats your(cough) name?" said Mick, a little bored. "Me name Dik wif aaa siwent Q and Z." "Rrrrright(cough). said Mick, a little less bored. After a while the came across a magog razormill over the ridge.

...............NEXT!................!!
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

04-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Well, as no one else is doin this I don't think I'm breaking the rules, so...

They reached the mines a bit before lunch. There was a general cheer, rush of talk, and mindless giggle from Dik.
Well, anyway, they walked round the outside of the gigantic building, "aiming to get to the jungle" Alf had explained, about 8 times...
Anyway, about half way round, Alf's attention was caught by something Ben said.
"Hey, Alf, how big are these mines? Is that the track going to Feeco Depot? Why is a slig going inside over there? Are we gonna have lunch soon? Whe-"
Alf swung around and interrupted "What did you say?"
"Are we gonna have lunch soon?"
"No, before that."
"... Oh, why is there a slig going inside? Hey look, there goes another!"
"Where?"
"Over there." Ben pointed.
"Munch?" said Alf. "We gotta go check it out. Shaman, start an in-depth conversation with Ben about shoes. Dik..." Dik was bashing himself round the head with his club and giggling. "...You, just keep doing that... Mick, you stand guard."
"I'm (cough) on it."
And Alf and Munch ran... Well, ran and hopped... towards the door.
Mick watched them until they dissapeared inside. Then he looked out over the desert. About 7 seconds later he looked away and started practising his archery against a rock on the side of the building. He fired all his arrows and walked over to retrieve them.
As he reached the rock he saw something white inside. He picked one up... A bone. Just the thing to make more arrows out of.
He sat down on the rock and started carving with a sharp stone. Suddenly, the bone began to tremble. It suddenly leapt out of his hand and hit the ground. As he watched, a white figure of a mudokon rose out of it. The figure turned around to face Mick, then let out a long, piercing scream.
About a kilometre away, Alf heard the noise. I can't leave those guys alone for a minute, can I? he thought...

GO, KESIAH!!!

05-01-2003, 06:57 AM
Canned Gabbiar
Spark Stunk

: Dec 2002
: Dunno...
: 385
Canned Gabbiar  (10)

Well well well... It's my turn now...

"Yo Hugo," began Slim, "you hear somethin'?"

"...huh...uh?" said Hugo tiredly, "hear what?"

"Wasn't that like a scream or somethin'?"

"Probably your imagination..." Hugo said trying to keep his eyes open.

"Nah I'm sure I heard somethin'.. Maybe we should check it out. Might even get a promotion with the boss."

"Who... bloody.... ca... ares."

"Eh! Don't you fall asleep or the boss is gonna be on yah ass like a Mudokon is on the brew. I'm telling you we should check it out. If it's that Abe fellow, and we catch'im, think of the promotional possibilities! Let's get the others."

"Ah jeez... I was having such a nice dream.. "

They picked up their shotguns and found their friends, Richy and Figgers who were sitting around a wooden crate playing cards. Richy attempted to shuffle the cards and dropped them. The cards scattered all over the broken tiles of the Necrum temple. Behind them, carts were being pulled from a newly dug excavation. Sligs were everywhere.

"Yo guys," said Slim, "we heard something over by the ruins. Let's go check it out."

The apparition screamed for a few seconds and then receded back into the bone. Everything was quiet. Mick just stood there gaping at the worn bone. Munch and the others arrived at the scene.

"Whoa ho!" exclaimed Ben "what in the world was that all about?!"

"I dunno," started Munch in that puzzled gabbit voice, "I might ask y'all the same question."

The four of them stood puzzling over the bone. It was just an ordinary bone from a mudokon's foot. However, it emitted a pale glow.

"Wonder what it is?"

"It's one of them spirit things."

"It's a genie! Ya know those weird guys that like grant you wishes!"

Suddenly, the bone began to hover. The small party immediately stopped debating. Even Ben could only just gape at the mysterious phenomenon. Suddenly the tooth burst and a bright, pale blue vortex appeared. Out of the swirling mass of light, came a foot. Then a hand. Then a head slowly emerged. The newcomer looked at them. It's eyes were empty and lifeless...

05-04-2003, 04:01 AM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: Jan 2003
: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)

Me again.....

"WAZZUP!!!" said the head. Then It exploded and the bone broke in two and fell on the flo-" Hold it!" I wanna write now! No! It my tu- SHUT UP ALTER EGOS!!!! Ok, The party then saw the slig army rushing towards them.
Alf started thinking of a way out, Munch watched Alf, Ben nearly opened his mouth, but the shaman shut it, Mick ran around screaming WERE GONNA DIE!!!!! and Dik whacked his, errrr, Dick. Suddenly all the sligs started falling into the ground. Huh, thought Alf. Then he noticed the Giant ravine.. Whos next?
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

05-07-2003, 02:31 AM
Kesiah
Sniper Wasp

Kesiah  (10)

Heh...spending lots of money at eBay.....
-----------

Alf stared at the ravine with a sense of foreboding. *This is gonna be a big part of my future for the next few minutes...* He thought.
"Are we gonna die?" Ben asked. "Do you think the Sligs are gonna shoot us? Can we run away? Is the Bone-Ghost thingy dead or not? Can we eat soon?"
Munch growled. "I've had enough of this!" He screamed, then possed the Slig's pants and made them do the Macarena until the passed out.
The Shaman stared at the Sligs.
"Wow, Munch. That was pretty good. I mean, it was ok, I could have done better though. Like the time I helped Abe blow up Rupture Farms, or when I single-handedly....."
Alf gave a strangled scream, picked up the bone and chased everyone over to the edge of the ravine, where he then shoved them over, and threw himself over as well.

--------

Heh...Mindless violence is fun.....

05-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Splat

?

Am i the only one who has comletely lost the plot?...

05-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Splat

Ah, now I understand, Ok,

Alf slid down the side of the canyon.
"Hey, Alf" Cried Munch, "Why dyoo shove us down here?"
"I dunno," He cried "Ask Kesiah, she wrote that bit."
"Hey, Kesiah? Why dyoo make Alf shove us down here?"
*Me* Kesiah's gone, I'm writin this bit.
"But if Kesiah's writin the story then why are you writin the story?" Asked Munch, getting confused.
*Me* Because it's a round robin, einstein. We take in turns. And Ghost made the canyon.
"Oh."
*Me* Yeah, now shut up or I'll set Ben talking.
Munch shut up.
Anyway, they eventually slid to the bottom of the canyon, where Ben and the Shaman restarted there conversation about shoes.
"Ok, Alf (cough), now how do we (cough) get out of here? (cough)." Asked Mick.
"Simple." Answered Alf. "we take the tunnel at the other side of the canyon that leads conveniently in to the exact part of necrum that we want to get to."
"How dyoo figure (cough) that out (cough)."
"Cause there's a sighn next to the entrance telling you."
"(Cough) where?"
"Behind that pile of dead sligs."
"How can you (cough) see with that pile of dead sligs (cough cough) there?"
"3487" muttered Munch, as Alf sighed.
"Forget the logic, the person writing this chapter has, let's just go OK?"
"And together they set off through the cave, single file, trailing one hand against the wall so as not to get lost, the other hand holding on to the loincloth of the person in front (Munch was at the back), and the only sounds, the constant thump of Munch's heavy footfalls, and the constant bumps of Ben abd the shaman's unconsious bodies as they were dragged along the floor behind the rest of the group.
About a hundred metres behind them, a slig's eyes gleamed in the darkness...

05-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

PLACE HOLDER!!!!

save this spot. I have a good idea, but I need to type it in Word first.

Thanx.

EDIT!
-I whipped this up in 5 minutes. Not much, but it's something.

“FREEZE!”

Alf nearly jumped. It was a Bigbro Slig. Apparently, the Glukkons were going all-out on beefing up their security.

The BB Slig raised his Blitzpacker gun, shifting to the side so his body was aligned with his arm. “Don’t move, or I’ll shoot,” he growled.

“Typical,” Alf muttered. “…Munch?”

“On it!” Munch said, and with two or three forceful grunts, the Gabbit’s head sparked violently, sending a signal to the Bigbro’s fuel tank.

Ka-BOOM! The Bigbro’s pants detonated and killed the over-muscled slug, along with the pants. Heaps of meat splattered to the ground. The mask landed in Alf’s hands.

“Alas, dear Slig,” he recited, holding the mask in his hand. “I knew thee well. Well, actually I just met ya, so you mean nothin’ to me.” He pitched the mask behind him.

With a mutual laugh from the group, the Mudokons and one beaming Gabbit continued.

Munch loved doing that.

-There ya go.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 06-02-2003 at 12:21 PM..
06-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Splat

If no one does this in the next few days I'll do it.

06-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Splat

And so the brave(ish) group of adventurers left the passage and entered necrum. Those who hadn't seen it before (which was all of them) stared in awe... well, all but Dik who pulled a stick off a tree and started chasing the birds around with it... Anyway, the group headed deeper in to the jungle, across ledges, through wells, down pits with punji states at the bottom that were fortunately seemed to be so short that they stopped a couple of citimetres before they got painful... well, unless you slipped over, as Alf discovered, and decided to spread the message with a profanity so loud that Abe, in the depth of some eye-stitch factory at the far side of Mudos looked up and wondered what had happened to Alf this time!
Anyway, eventually they ran in to a scab, who sort of screeched, and decided it wanted lunch. Anyway, as they ran they suddenly realised they had reached a dead end until Mick pointed to the bottom of a tree trunk. There was a small hole rotted in there. Alf ducked and rolled through. Everyone got through exept Dik who stayed back to giggle stupidly at the slig.
"Hey, Alf, (cough) dik's gonna (cough cough sniff) die!" Screamed Mick who had started to like the dearranged guy with, as Alf had commented, the perfect name!
Alf didn't react. He just lay face down in the dirt, with Ben still sitting on his back, hating Oddworld and every living thing on it.
Mick growled, leapt off a higher ledge, scattering birds, leapt off Shaman's head, who was standing on the lower ledge, and reached up between the overhanging tree roots, and grabbed a handful of Dik's loin cloth, and pulled.

Authors note: To anyone who hasn't noticed, this is an actual screen setting from Necrum in AE, to those who have AE, and are confused, I would suggest you go from the beggining of Necrum and make your way through until you reach the tree (it's just before the bit with the 4 story stones that need lighting). If you don't have AE, then all I can say is, I pitty you and that there is a long drop from the bottom of the tree to a screen with an upper and a lower ledge. Anyway,

Dik came sliding back through the tree and was dragged through. His giggle turned to a shout as the scrab yanked out his feathers. The 2, Mick and Dik, landed on top of Alf, just as Ben climbed off. Alf slammed his head against the ground and started to cry.
"Hey, Alf, " ghasped Munch. "Look."
Munch pointed up at a circle of flying birds, each with gold-tinted feathers, just like Abe had described when explaining the way in to the remaining inhabitable part of the Necrum Mines. Alf looked at them, stared, and then sank his head against the ground and started to cry harder...

Last edited by Splat; 06-07-2003 at 10:29 AM..