Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

05-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Niteowl
Fuzzle

: Apr 2001
: 135
Niteowl  (10)

I was rather overwhelmed when I first saw it- since then I've played it enough to see what's missing.
I was used to seeing paramites in shadowy temples- lurking until Abe went by.
Remember when Abe and Munch first meet and they end up in that forest? Shady and cool, I expected to see paramites there, dropping out of trees on their threads to menace our heroes...But the forest turns out to be one 'little room' and we leave it to go back into the sun.
But the paramites turn up in a big sunlit valley. It's a little like having bats flying in broad daylight..
And was it impossible to keep their old sound effects? The pig sounds don't fit them.
I miss the oddworldian nights too where you could see myriad moons in the sky, hide in shadows, hear crickets chirring- made it seem more otherworldly.. Can ya tell I love the night.
The UXB and order bombs, falling rocks,drills,bats, bees, rock/meat/bone sacks, greeter,fleeches are all gone, only those land mines that 'grow back'.. and those boxes and barrels of explosive and the sligs.
Secret areas were also gone in MO.
AO even had those swinging spike balls.
And Shrykull- I miss that too. No crouching, rolling and throwing things..and those pulley lifts.
And another thing, those mudokon huts tantalized me, I would have liked to be able to go inside.
I hope the next game will bring back that old Oddworld feeling- if not I'll worry that Lorne has been waylaid and is tied up in the basement of Microsoft....
05-22-2003, 12:28 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Well whats behind us is a thing of the past. Whats ahead of us is going to be something amazeing. I think the FMV's in MO were superb that I wish that there were more films than what they had. Maybe its good that we are getting the silent treatment from OWI. I mean its probabaly for the better than it is for the worst. Of all the games that have a community of fans like us. We are the most patient fans out there. You know its really nice that OWI mentions us in the game booklets or in their credits. They say a special thanks to the fans who waited so patiently for this game. We are a really great community of people.

I am sure when we do play OW4 we will feel just like how we felt when AO came out years ago. We will be entering into a game with everything being unknown. We won't know a single thing except for the character and the things that we already know about Oddworld. There is going to be surprises around every single cornor of this game. And when we think that we discovered everything about the game we will find something new because its Oddworld in 3D and because we don't have anything to go by. That my friends is whats keeping us alive and keeping us so patient and us moveing forword and not giveing up with Oddworld.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 05-22-2003 at 04:32 AM..