05-15-2003, 10:08 AM
sgrsnaes
Zappfly

: Apr 2002
: London, UK
: 14
sgrsnaes  (10)
Wanted = Cut-scenes urgently

Has anyone out there got any cut-scenes for Munch that they wouldn't mind posting or passing on?

Need some urgently to do a talk on Oddworld in a conference on Monday.
I'm talking about the way the games reward people for play and how we should use these same techniques in schools!

Please help me get my point across!

Gareth

05-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

There are three of them on Oddworld.com - http://www.oddworld.com/downloads/mu..._qtmovies.html ... hopefully they'll be of help.

Other than that, try searching some of the gaming websites out there.

Good luck with your talk.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

05-15-2003, 12:01 PM
sgrsnaes
Zappfly

sgrsnaes  (10)
Cheers

yeah thanks, I've got the downloads, but I'm looking for the between levels cut-scenes that are short and sweet and add to the story.

or bits where you learn more about the character and his destiny.

Most people I'm talking to might not even know what a cut-scene is, when it comes to games.

Thnaks for the goood luck message, we need it!

Gareth

05-15-2003, 12:34 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

You mean the short films that are between levels?

If worst comes to shove then I would play the parts you want in the game and then take a video camera and just film those parts. After that edit or present the film and practice your presentation. I did this a month ago in my Speech class. And what I did was create a small 4 minute film as an example depicting behind the scenes look at making the film Star Wars. My speech was on mainly how art is used in film making. I have to say everyone in the class loved it.

But here is one thing. If you film it with a mounted camera in front of your Television set make sure all the lights are completely off the sound is loud enough to be heard on the blank tape that you are filming with and that you have to time the scenes. Its good you can easily pause the movies in MO.

There are also DVD programs out there that you can tape with your computer of the specific shots you want.

Another thing is that the film might not be as sharp but thats ok because its only short examples on what your presenting thats all. It doesn't need to be great looking as long as the point is acrossed and clearly stated then your audience will understand. Just remember your audience doesn't know a thing about what your presenting and you do so what ever you do as long as its clearly explaned you will do fine. Trust me I do this all the time

Paramiteabe...

05-15-2003, 12:57 PM
sgrsnaes
Zappfly

sgrsnaes  (10)
Worst case scenario

Thanks

Be interested in finding out more about those DVD programs.

I've used game-capture software:

TechSmith' Camtasia Studio but this is for PC.

We used it to capture bits of Anrachy Online when a dude in a thong started harrassing our avatars!
It wasn't pretty ...

May be useful for you, if you do this again?

Gareth

Last edited by sgrsnaes; 05-15-2003 at 04:59 AM..
05-17-2003, 12:18 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

scenes needed...hmmmmm....do what i do.....record all the FMV sequences from all the games and make a mini movie