05-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2001
: Germany
: 1,885
Alector  (58)

Hi,

Okay - I'm very behind the current situation here and I missed a lot of informations about Oddworld, I think so, but when will the next game come out?

I'm addicted to play the games of Oddworld. I have to have the new game. I'm getting crazy!
Sorry for my small dropout. I just can't wait for the next one.

- Alector

P.s: Please try to answer the question... ^_^

05-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

glad to see you alector
according to the FAQ of the official site

The specific release date for our fourth game has yet to be finalized, but we're on track for a fourth quarther release in 2003 or early 2004. We hope to announce a specific date by May 2003.

05-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Reese, Reese, Reese. I was not trying to agrivate you in any way. I was just stating a point. First off you start by saying...

:
Originally posted by Reese Charles
Screw this. I am not going to take part in a debate over some speculation...

Reese
Then saying...

:
I still don't see the point in this disscussion. Yeah, blah blah blah, it would be nice if, blah blah blah...
And you continuosly state this later on...

My point is that if you don't think you should post here....good for you. There is no point in continuosly complaining that this topic is is irrelevent and pointless. Take what you said in the first quote and do it! Theres no use in continuosly posting a reply just to say that you don't not agree or find this topic interesting, its just a waste of mine and the others time.

Now you have not only done this here but in other topics aswell. In one topic by Sligslinger you posted just to state that you thought it be closed, when Xav came to say he had things undercontroll. My point is that you seem to love to state your "athuority" alot when your "athuority" is not wanted nor needed. We have great Admins and Mod's here to handle that.
If you don't want to post here then say it and don't again, do not keep re implying it.

Now that I've got that off my chest, please continue to post...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

05-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Reese Charles
Sniper Wasp

: May 2003
: I have left
: 251
Reese Charles  (10)

I don't have anything to say to except that most of it is utter rubbish.
No, all of it is a load of shit. Thats more like it.
If we are going to be honest here, why not make it brutal?
Now, as for "athuority" as you spell it, your right, I don't have any "authority" as such. But your not the judge of whether what I do is helpful or not.
Let the mods decide that.
As for the rest of what you said, well if you don't like it then piss off. I will do what ever the hell I want here, and if what I do is bad or against the rules, then you wont be the one to deal with it, the mods and admins will.
Please take note of the fact that I am the fastest member to ever get a custom rank like that, and I have the highest post rate in the forum.
I am making a MASSIVE contribution here, mainly because I think that this is one of the few forums that are actually worth it. All you are doing is trying to slow me dow. Probably because your jealous, but I am not going to back that up and be all big headed.

Now, you have done a good job of quoting me, well done, you know how to work vB script. But perhaps you ought to read between the lines a little, and take a look at what everyone else has said to make me say what I did, I am not just talking to myself here!

Now, even though that thread by sligslinger contains posts in there by me, asking for it to be closed, if the mods dissagreed with that course of action, they would not have closed it. So I don't beleive that you should be the one to tell me that I was doing something wrong there. I have said this before, that post appeared on top of the other posts for me, because I had not read it yet, and it was the newest post on the forum at the time, but Xavier had already posted in it, so to him, it appeared quite low down, and when I posted in there, suggesting that the thread be closed (because that thread had outlived its purpose already), it moved itself to the top again. That is what Xavier was referring to.
I also suggested that Sligslinger ask further questions of that nature in the Picture Request section.
Now if you dissagree with what I do, then make a complaint like everybody else (not that anyone has complained about me). But as far as I can tell, pointing out a couple of rules to a newbie, and requesting that the thread be closed is not grounds for you to now have any reason to be talking to me like this. Especially if the
author of that thread agreed to have the thread closed, and the mod then closed it.

Now, this argument ends. I haven't done anything wrong as far as I can see, and nobody else has made any complaints about it. The only person whinging about anything I do, is you.
This is the wrong place to disscuss it, if you want an argument, or a place to talk about how much you hate me, then do it elsewhere.

You are getting very overworked on this whole situation. I am posting my opinion on this discussion, if you don't like that opinion then quietly and clamly disagree with it. I didn't say that I would be leaving until my very last post.
When I said "screw this", Xavier replied, and I responded by telling him why I said this.
Then as usual, you had to go and say something rude or "mr. big"
so that you could kick up a fuss. And I was forced to respond, otherwise your ignorant comment would have just sat there making me look like I was wrong to do what I did.

Now please, will you leave me alone. Unless your a mod or an admin, you don't have any right to tell me what to do.
I request that this post, and the post by Oddsville be deleted from this thread, so that further posts on this thread can remain "on topic".

Thankyou

Reese
05-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Lol, Reese I do like you and I never said that you didn't contribute to these forums but you have tee'd me off latley. Now you go about saying...

:
Orginally posted by Reese Charles
But your not the judge of whether what I do is helpful or not.
Let the mods decide that.
Yet I recall when I first met you, you were arguing with what a Mod (Al) had done, when it was really nothing at all. Then you went about boasting all your accomplishments and the such. Well guess what Reese...knowone cares. You say your a forum vetren, then act like one and stop showing off. All your other experience means diddle squat here, each forum is run differently.

:
Now, you have done a good job of quoting me, well done, you know how to work vB script. But perhaps you ought to read between the lines a little, and take a look at what everyone else has said to make me say what I did, I am not just talking to myself here!
Trust me Reese, I did read between the lines and it makes no difference what-so-ever. From what I saw all you did was state over and over that you were going to stop posting here and we should quit too.

:
Please take note of the fact that I am the fastest member to ever get a custom rank like that, and I have the highest post rate in the forum.
Lol, and you say Im "mr. Big"?!

:
Then as usual, you had to go and say something rude or "mr. big"
You sounded alittle arrogant to me there Mr. Big...

:
Probably because your jealous
In an end to my statement,

Reese, in no way am I even close to being jelous of you (don't make me laugh) but I do respect you (to a certain degree) and if you would like to continue this argument in a PM then please feel free to do so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

Last edited by Oddsville; 05-13-2003 at 02:29 PM..
05-14-2003, 02:28 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

*sigh*

I'll have to add this to the pile of "When good threads go bad" list.

I think the most important thing in life is to understand that everyone has their own opinions. No matter what you do, you can not change a persons opinion unless that person freely accepts to have it changed or influenced by another.

If a person doesn't like a thread, simply don't reply. Because there will be others that do like the thread. And in their opinion, it's a good thread.

*closes*

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate