Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

05-10-2003, 08:18 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)
Puss has died

Well as the title says, my cat named Puss has died. It wasn't run over by a car, he was just hit pretty bad in the head.

We don't know by who either, their weren't any skids or anything... He was a good cat, and I'm glad I've got some photos of him.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

05-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Poor puss, do you think you'll get another cat??
05-10-2003, 08:27 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

It's too soon to make that decision...

There will never be another cat as good as Puss, and that's not my emotions taking over... Puss was one very kind cat.

He'd let any cat, OR dog walk in and share his food/water

I'm not really sad, I'm just really upset that Puss died so early in his life.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

05-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

All my sisters pets have been evil, so i don't know what it's like to lose an animal that i realy liked.
05-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Reese Charles
Sniper Wasp

: May 2003
: I have left
: 251
Reese Charles  (10)

I am really sorry to hear that Alcar, I am starting up a thread for you where people can put a few words in for you or your cat (I know what its like to lose a pet, pretty upsetting really, and mine was only a kitten! ). I will also put a "In Memory Of" sentence in my signiture for you...

Reese
05-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

Dang... My condoleances man... I lost a dog once, and I was devastated. Anuther thing is, I have had this cat for my 1st bithday, and it is still around. And since I'm 17, the cat's 16, and thats quite old for a cat... So I dont think she wont last any longer...

Well... Hope yer gonna feel better soon!

Greetz
- And you're still a dick.

05-10-2003, 02:34 PM
miss oddchick
Stingbee

: Dec 2002
: Head in the clouds
: 81
miss oddchick  (10)
:o

That's terrible, Alcar . I hope your OK. I'd just like to pay my respect... I hope you feel better soon; remember: Puss has gone to a better place... *Hugz* .
Deepest simpathy...
Oddchick xxx

~ˆ×ÕÐЩHÍÇK׈~

~ˆ× ßé ƒ®êë! ׈~
~ˆ× Øñlÿ ¥õú Kñöw Whð ÿøû ãrè ׈~

05-10-2003, 02:46 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)
*dresses in black*

WahhhHH! Poor cat! Poor, poor Puss!
May his sould rest in pieces--erm peace!

*does a cross on her forehead*

And may our Heavenly Father ease your suffering Alcar... *sniff*

WaHHH! Poor Caaaat!

05-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Reese Charles
Sniper Wasp

Reese Charles  (10)

OK, it might help if I tell people where my thread is located...

You can pay your condolances to Puss, by leaving a short message, memory, poem, picture etc at the thread: "In Memory of Puss...". I set that thread up as a sort of memory book for Alcar to read, but sadly no one has even bothered to look twice at it. I would appreciate it, as I imagine Alcar would, if you all contributed to it, as a sort of forum wide "sorry to hear that" sympathy section. I like forums that act as a family . Most of us know how it is to lose a loved pet, especially one with real character, as I am told Puss had quite a lot of character. I am sure
most of you would appreciate it if someone did the same for your pet.

Thankyou all.

Reese
05-10-2003, 03:28 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
Sad

One of my families cat's got eaten by a dog a couple of weeks ago. And of our three cats that was the only one I liked... oh well.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

05-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Noooo! Puss was cute...

*huggles own kitty*

Speaking of my cat, the funniest thing happened yseterday... My dad saw a squirrel outside, so he decided to see if Missy (my cat) could catch it. She crouched down about 10 feet away and brilliantly mewed at it. It ran up into a tree, and then jumped into the tree that Missy was under. It started chirping like mad. Missy got bored and went off, so the squirrel started chirping at me. Good god... you haven't lived until you've met a crazed squirrel ready to fight you to the death.
05-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

OMG PUSS DIED??????
i've never thought it would happen so early.... but doesn't your cat hate you anyways?
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

05-11-2003, 12:00 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Sorry to hear that Alcar. I had a Cat die in my family once his name was Robbie. He was just the funniest cat. He was pretty much a gray furball and I mean literally he was just this real fuzzy cat who did strange things. But Rob was cool! But we were not aloud to let him outside because we were afraid he would get lost so he was an indoor cat.

My sympathys for you Alcar! Poor Puss!

Paramiteabe...

05-11-2003, 12:47 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

(I've placed this in Reese's tribute, but just so Alcar sees it, I'll post it here, too.)

My tribute to Charlie and Nancy

I, too had a fellow animal friend who succumed to death's cruel sense of humor.
His name was Charlie. He and his Calico-colored sister, Nancey, were both mixed breed Bobtails (Manx + ?). Dad and I bought them when I was 6, and I loved them both so much that I had litterally hugged the poop out of Charlie.
I remember it fondly: One Saterday morning I woke up. Charlie and Nancey were already awake.I was bored, so I stuffed the robe-belt in my pajama pants and ran around the room, the cats batting the tip of the belt with their paws.
Then one horrible day, I found Charlie to be missing. That night, I recieved grave news. Charlie was killed by our current dog (demon) Kelly. Needless to say, Kelly was put to rest.

Charlie, May God guide your soul to Heaven.

P.S. We kept Nancy with us up to my 12th year. Then I found out that I was allergic to cats. Ironic, isn't it? Nancy had a tearful goodbye as we bid her farewell and she left with a foster family. I miss her so.

I feel your pain, Alcar. I do.

05-11-2003, 02:19 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

It is horrible to lose a pet. Ive lost three, even if I can only remember 2. There was Kizer, a family dog who had to be put down, and my crazy crab, who died of de-hydration when he left his shell for too long.

Im sorry to hear of your cat, Alcar.

05-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Dragonlord3
Stunk

: Trying to get into Mitsur
: 46
Dragonlord3  (10)
i know man,.

I just lost my god 5 months ago

05-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

Yeah, it's terrible when God gives up on you.

(Did you perhaps mean Dog?)

05-12-2003, 03:06 AM
Ashe
Sniper Wasp

: Aug 2002
: Dalmasca, Ivalice
: 285
Ashe  (10)

Hello Alcar. That is so very sad about Puss. He looked to be a very cute cat and I would be sad if I had a cat that died. I do hope that he would go to a better place.

I luv Vann!!! He is so Hot!!!!!
Final Fantasy Fan Forever!!! Cannot wait unitl FF12!

05-12-2003, 04:02 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
Originally posted by Summoner Yuna

Hello Alcar. That is so very sad about Puss. He looked to be a very cute cat and I would be sad if I had a cat that died. I do hope that he would go to a better place.
I know he has

But my family don't, afterall the Christian religion doesn't recognise animals as having souls and going "to a batter place".

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

05-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)
So?

Im a christian, and I know my pets have gone on. Sometimes I think that christianity, while a good religion, is slightly inacurate at some points.

05-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Bad luck Alcar. In the past I've lost the following pets,

4 guinybigs, 2 gerbils, 3 zebra finches called sharky, George, and George 2 and a goldfish.

I'm pretty sure that's not the same as a cat or a dog but at least I know some of what you feel.

"I cried out to the LORD in my suffering, and he heard me. He set me free from all my fears." Psalm 34 vs 6.

05-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Reese Charles
Sniper Wasp

Reese Charles  (10)

I don't know how you can find comfort in the words of the bible. They are so manipulated, its not even the word of god. Losing a pet is just another one of the stones in the river of life, and this is how we like to deal with it on a forum.

Find comfort in that of your own kind, and know that whatever obsticals obscure your path to freedom, there will always be a freind who is willing to help you get past them. But know that once you are free of your obsticals, your past will always remain clouded by them, so you must look ahead and think of the all wonderful freedom you will enjoy yet, and think of the happiness you will bring to others with whom you may share this freedom. ~ Earth chapter, 11 to 14, The Book Of Slaves, Gothic Scriptures.

This is my faveourite reading from the holy book of my faith. I find peace in these words during bad times. I hope they have the same effect on you aswell. There is great insight among these runes, and years of experience aswell. There aren't any promises that can't be fulfilled, there aren't any outrageous claims of gods, only the comfort we find among others.

To all my freinds, and to those who have helped me, I will stand by them as a knight would by a king, and pray that in return they will do the same for me. ~ Fire chapter, 1 to 9, The Book of honor, Gothic Scriptures.

Reese
05-12-2003, 10:29 PM
oddling
Clakker Relic Miner

: May 2002
: In my own little world
: 818
oddling  (10)

Aw. Poor alcar! I know how it feels to lose a really beloved pet, especially a young one. *looks at picture of her barely 1 year old boxer pup, tragically hit by a car in December* *sigh*, Well, all I can say is that I know what your going through and I hope you feel better soon. The thing to do is remember the good times, not the bad. And no offense alcar, but I think that whole thing of animals not havings souls is fooey. What makes us special? We're animals basicaly! Puss is in a better place now. I'm sure he's watching down on you right now. I couldn't think of a better guardian angle for you then a pet. Hope you feel better soon.

Oddling l:c l
"But why is the coffee gone?!!" Pillows of the Caribbean

05-14-2003, 10:26 PM
nads
Grubb Fisherman

: Mar 2002
: Essex, MA
: 946
nads  (10)

nooooooooo!

R.I.P.
PUSS