05-04-2003, 06:53 PM
bRAVEis
Zappfly

: Sep 2002
: Sweden-Paramonia
: 18
bRAVEis  (10)
Wired sounds!!!

Hey!... where can I get sound of caracters and gamemusic? ....
there must be somewhere I can get it on the internet......

PLS? /me

05-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Reese Charles
Sniper Wasp

: May 2003
: I have left
: 251
Reese Charles  (10)
Re: Sounds!

Hi there

I am currently extending an offer to the webmaster of Oddworld.com to edit and post some of the game songs/themes/ambience/samples to an Mp3.com webpage. The page will feature 3 tracks that you can stream to listen to, and a CD that you can buy. Once I have edited and uploaded all the songs, the website will be handed over to the webmaster of Oddworld.com.

So far I haven't had any feedback on this, however I am able to "cut" some recordings from the game for you for your listening perposes only. Because of copyright however, you won't be able to use any sounds from these recordings, or the recordings themselves in your own productions, or on your own website etc.

If you want to use the sounds for a website, then I suggest that you use the ones available on the Oddworld: Abes Oddysee CD, in the folder labelled "Themes". You needn't worry about copyright lawsuits if you state on the website that the sounds you have used are theirs. The people at Oddworld.com will more likely kindly ask you to remove the sounds before they even begin to think lawsuit.

Anyway, I will be in touch if you want those recordings, although I am having some problems with my sound at the moment. Something to do with XP. Go figure. If you do want some sounds recorded, send me a private message explaining what it is, and where it can be recorded, and how long or how many times you want it repeated in the wave file.

Hope this helps

Reese
05-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

go here, it's a pretty good site for oddworld sounds
http://members.fortunecity.com/oddwo...idos/index.htm