04-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Native Poser
Thudslug

: Feb 2003
: Under your bed...
: 185
Native Poser  (10)
Blind My oddstory

I finally got inspired to write again and started this. Just something I've been working on for a couple days...Well, here it is. Please tell me what you guys think

It was a beautiful evening, the stars glistening in the endless sky of satin, and a warm breeze occasionally causing the tribe’s campfire to dance in the pale moonlight. The music of insects in the now dark forest. Fireflies hovered around the tribe’s campsite, glowing a pallid shade of gold. Sizoba looked around at his fourteen companions, huddled in a circle around the fire. Zen & Zel (two of his best friends) sat to his left nearby him, quietly joking with each other as usual. The now drowsy Czech (another of Sizoba’s best friends) was nodding off to sleep to his right. To Czech’s right, Sarloos sat, watching a firefly pass him. Sava & Amba sat happily beside one another to the left of Zen & Zel. Fenris & Syn were seated to the right of Sarloos, muttering back & forth to one another. Afterwards them came Garm & Sabar, who aparently were spacing out. Ing & Dian sat to Amba’s left. And finally, the other end of the circle sat the eldest two members of the tribe, Ged & Sky.
Most everyone in the tribe looked like the average mudokon, green skinned, dark pony-tailed, the traditional loincloth, & not overly muscular in appearance. The only unusual thing about any of them was that some of them had a scar or two, or had a small number of tattoos. All of them of coarse, except for Sky, who was pale blue in skin color and blind, with many exquisite tattoos all across his body. Sky sat silently, his staff close at hand, calmly watching the flames flicker and dance in the middle of their small camp. He, for years, had been a great leader, and had been in charge for as long as anyone except for Ged & himself could remember.
Both Shaman & apprentice’s eyes met for a moments glance. Sizoba remembered how thrilled he was when Sky had chosen him as his apprentice and future leader of the tribe (at the young age of 12). He had never really been sure exactly why the old healer (Sky) had chosen him in the first place. Though it had been his (and Fenris’s) dream to be a tribe leader since childhood.
Sky had taught Sizoba much in five years time (Sizoba was now 17). He had taught him most of what he knew of healing & herbal medicine, and had instructed him on some basic rituals & ceremonies. Sky was fond of his apprentice, and had been somewhat of a grandfather to him.
Content, Sizoba peered up at the rest of the tribe. Czech, Sabar, and Sava were arguing over who was going to have hunting duties in the morning--something all of the hunters disliked, because it meant less sleep for those who had this duty.
“I had to go today” Said Czech, “It wouldn’t be fair if I had to loose sleep twice in a row”
“But you’ve gone for a whole month already without morning hunt” argued Sabar “I have to do it more often than you do”
“They did not make you go two nights in a row did they?” growled Czech, who had gotten to his feet in anger while sabar had spoken—Quite obviously the lack of sleep this morning had made Czech’s temper worsen “You, sava, and Fenris should go”
Sava, hearing his name looked up at Czech.
“Oh shut up!” he said quieting his tone “There are paramite around here, we don’t want to attract them! Besides with all the racket you just made you won’t catch anything for breakfast tomorrow!”
“What’s that ‘sposed to mean?” Sabar stood up, & moved his glare from Czech to Sava (who had also gotten to his feet).
“Enough!” came a calm voice “All three of you will go and no more bickering will be heard for the rest of the night”
It was Sky; he had always been the first to intervene when a quarrel sprung up. Sava, Czech, & Sabar all sat down in silence.
“I need to meditate” the old shaman began again softly, almost as if he were speaking more to himself than his tribe “I’ll be back soon…before the fire goes out most likely”
With that Sky got up, grabbing his staff as he did. The tribe had always been impressed at the way Sky could move and interact with the world around him, as if he still had his sight. He turned and walked off into the woods. No one was at all worried, even without his sight Sky was able to find his way around anywhere. Sizoba watched mentor disappear into darkness, he had no idea that this would be the last time he would ever hear Sky speak.

*gulp*
04-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Cool!, but creepy, and sad. He's suposedly gonna die or dissapear.
THis sounds good.