Iantiger
Bolamite

: Jul 2002
: Bedfordshire, England
: 57
Iantiger  (11)
The Great War of Oddworld

Ok, here it is, my attempt at fanfiction, so don't laugh please

Many years had passed since the dawn of time. The very stars that gave life to Oddworld were now orbiting the heavens in a shroud of mist. So many questions. So many stories unrevealed as of yet. Each second in time had its own tale to tell; a separate adventure connected. And yet life continued, without questions.

Tyle lowered his head to the ground, deep in thought on every subject you could possibly imagine throughout Odd. Tyle was a slig astronomist and his whole life had been soley dedicated to discovering the theorums in astronomy. He was the one creature throughout the entire universe that was not happy with life. He wanted answers, he wanted to know what had happened, and what will happen. Tyle wanted knowledge!

Most of his slig-kind said he was crazy, and continued going about their daily lives without a care. They operated like robots -their life routines and cycles were going nowhere. Each day was the same... get up, work, go to bed. Tyle told them time and time again that they should be progressing with their lives, trying to advance as much as they could and to maximise life's potential, because as he quite rightly said, you only live once.

Since the great rebellion in 243 A.A.(after Abe), when all the sligs had finally won their freedom from slavery, they settled down back into their own country as they had done many moons ago, and their lifes returned to the ways of old - simplicity.

Sligs were a simple race. They did not appreciate technology, advances, or knowledge. They only wanted to live as bascially as they could with minimum things to worry about. Most of them grew their own food and they spent the majority of the day asleep or farming or attending the young.

Tyle swivelled around and laid his notepad on the ground beside him.
He sighed a deep sigh and held his tentacles in his hand, deep in thought. He scanned the horizon, firstly West towards "Death Plateau" as the sligs knew it - the very direction in which the Glukkons and Vykkers live, and a place he'd rather forget, after reading about chilling tales that used to take place many centuries ago during slig enslavement.

Next, he glanced Southwards and envisioned the Native Muds, Scrabs, Paramites and other native creatures that lived in that general direction. Since the fabled Abe rescue operation back in 0 A.A., this giant land mass in the southern hemisphere of Oddworld had been completely forgotten about. All the natives had returned and Oddworld evolution had been at long last left to take its natural course. Nobody had ever dared to venture past the great River in the South of Slumbos (Slig Country), for 243 years now, and those that had, NEVER returned.

The East and the North of Slumbos however, were cut off by sea, but gazing upon the ocean's deep refreshing reflections was one of Tyle's favourite pastimes, and his thoughts were lost among the soft and gentle rippling of the ocean tides.

"Tyle!" shouted Merhu from behind. "Tyle!!"

Tyle jumped back to reality with a start, and lost his balance, as he fell over backwards (balance isn't a slig's strong point, especially now they no longer use pants).

"Oh, hello Merhu" he said with a smile on his face.

Merhu was Tyle's sister (Tyle being one of 4 children (16), second youngest behind Merhu (14), with older brothers Juel (19) and Tort(18)).

"I just come to tell you dinner's in five minutes ok?" she replied, rather irritantly.

"Hmmm ok" came Tyle's answer, obviously thinking about other matters, as always.

He got on well with Merhu, but somehow, she couldn't understand what his fascination was with questions. Desparate to know the answers to everything.

Ok, I'll continue some more later when I have time, for now what do you think? any suggestions on twists in the story? please don't post them here email to me at iantiger@msn.com thanx

04-07-2003, 08:56 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Thats pretty cool mann keep up the good work. Oh you should check out my story its a real epic. Its called "Crusades of the Relec" which is a sequel to another epic story I wrote. But your story is really good keep up the good work.

04-08-2003, 03:20 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)

Heeyyyy... Lovely!
I'm looking forward to the next chapter!