02-19-2003, 06:42 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)
Oddworld Made up Creatures in my fics

This is where I'll put the creatures I have made up's status or description. My first species are known as Shrivellers. BTW I'm writing the status OWI style.

Shriveller Gangsters

Species:

Shrivellers

Various

Reproduction Model:

If they grow old enough to mature they can all divide their Genetics in order to create Offspring.

Average Life Span:

70 Years

Birthplace:

In the Ghetto of the big cities of Oddworld.

Lifestyle:

Shrivellers like to look good. They spend their moolah on the latest styles and eat at only the best restaurants. When not on a job they love to chill out with other members of their crime family. They are most often found in the back of the local Khanzumer restaurants gambling, smoking, exchanging moolah, showing off their weapons and comparing designer ties.

Hobbies:

Gambling, smoking, dealing drugs and starting gang wars with other Shriveller Mafias.

Career:

They are all born to be gangsters. They start off their working lives as Goons getting the lowest pay and the worst jobs. After a few successes they become Mafioso’s who get all the better jobs. Anyone lucky enough to survive long enough as a Mafioso will become an Oddfather. Oddfathers get to boss around all their inferiors and decide where the next deal is coming from.

Primary Interest:

Whatever Job their Oddfather has asked them to do.

Secondary Interest:

Keeping alive until they become Oddfathers. This is a very difficult task when almost every other gang on Oddworld wants you dead.

Conflicts:

Although they enjoy their life it is obvious that they are a race at war with themselves. Any Mafioso will kill at least 40 Shrivellers in his lifetime. Also their desire for wealth is a problem as it can lead them to rebel against their fathers and cause an uprising in the gang. The Glukkons aren’t bothered by what the Shrivellers do in the cities. They find it very convenient as they often keep the Khanzumers in order.

Physical Traits:

Shriveller’s eyes are very light sensitive. Vykkers have developed designer shades, which every Shriveller wears to protect their eyes. They have long skinny arms and support their bodies on their tail that can grow up to a meter long.

Psychological Traits:

Shriveller Families are held together out of pure respect. The respect they crave and show each other. They are all brothers and feel a certain responsibility to look out for each other on jobs. This and the promise of Moolah keeps them attached to the family through their whole lives.