Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

11-28-2002, 04:22 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)
Oddworld Splat

I have only just started on another fic called "The Oddworld Story" but i've already been writin this one for ages to put on www.oddworld.au.com but im not sure waether it will ever get there! Anyway, it explains how i chose my screen name, Splat. I dont know how far i'll get because i havent finished yet, but ill just start with the rather short intro and continue each week.

A group of vykkers stood around their latest creation.
“941 attempts to create this and we’re finally done!” purred one.
“Not quite,” hissed another. “There’s still testing. Flight skills, speed, attack, webbing, there’s still a lot to do before we brainwash him.
“The perfect soldier!” Growled the last. “The boss will be pleased.”
“Good job we managed to scrounge one of those laqua-thingies before slaughter! We better continue on the M. S. project while it revives if we want to finish in time.”

Whatdya think?

11-28-2002, 04:54 PM
oko
Boombat

: Nov 2002
: your butt
: 244
oko  (33)

wow,sound's exiting
12-05-2002, 04:11 AM
Flamer the red
Zappfly

: Somewhere in that place across the sea from france, I never was good at Geography, oh yeah, England.
: 12
Flamer the red  (10)

Nice story!
Keep it up through the whole thing, and it might end up very good!

Splat is my savior!

12-08-2002, 10:16 AM
Flamer the red
Zappfly

: Somewhere in that place across the sea from france, I never was good at Geography, oh yeah, England.
Flamer the red  (10)
Sad chapter 1

I no i promised a new chapter each week but my PCs bin playin up and my sisters bin on it a lot. But chapter 1. The name at the top is whos readin the chapter. It may change in the middle of a chapter so look out.

Chapter 1

Abe
You know the drill. I go to mine/factory. I infiltrate mine/factory. I BLOW UP mine/factory. And sometimes, when the risk of capture or painful death isn’t to high, Munch follows me, just to make my job harder.
On one of these occasions, I decided not to save Munch from the steaming pile of rubble he was buried under. Instead, I headed for a nearby laboratory to see what I could save and also what I could blow up.
The first thing that I noticed when I arrived was that half of the building seemed to be lying on the ground, giving off steam. The second thing I noticed was the oh, so familiar sound of a mudokon begging for his life, coming from a vent in the half of the lab that wasn’t lying on the ground in a burnt-out heap.
I entered a door to see what I could save. I really didn’t expect to see what I well, saw (awkward silence)… Anyway, The doorway from which I’d entered was encased in shadow, which was helpful because the mudokon probably wasn’t begging pitifully for no reason. From the shadows I could here the conversation of mudokon/slig clearly:
“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you, right now,” growled the slig.
“… Because I’m the most valuable vykker experiment this side of the magog cartel?”
… (Thoughtful pause) “Give me another reason.”
“… (Awkward silence) Because one of my vital organs contains a poison gas that will kill everyone in a twelve-kilometre radius if released?”
“Yeah, which one?”
Awkward silence followed by a gunshot and a cry of pain.
“That’s for lying to me. I’ll let my superiors decide what I should do with you.” There was a crackle from a slig walkie-talkie.
I’d heard enough. I stepped forward through the shadows up to a glass screen in the so I could see the creatures who were talking, and I got the fright of my life!
There was a giant… thing that looked like three B.B. sligs stuck together at awkward angles, give or take a deadly, spark shooting tail, a few extra, metal, arms, a jet-pack and about 50 weapons of various shapes, sizes and destruction capacities. From a penknife to a bazooka!
But that wasn’t what almost made me faint. The giant slig’s tail was arched over a … thing!
To be more specific, it had a scrab-like head, with small, black eyes on either side; It had a mudokons ponytail protruding from the back of it’s head, and it’s vicious scrab jaw was shorter than normal, with paramite fangs dangling over it. Its body was mostly scrab with a few paramite and mudokon muscles bulging out of it here and there, and it had arms. The arms were mostly mudokon with a few paramite muscles bulging out. You how a scrab’s legs are all set on one point at the bottom of its body? Well, it was the same with this thing, only, though the back two legs were scrab, the front two were paramite. One of the front legs was bleeding from what looked like (and probably was) a bullet wound.
I decided to take action. I began to chant. The giant slig was looking the wrong way to see me and the glass screen would hide the sound of my chanting. I closed my eyes and focused.
A minute later, I was looking down a gun barrel at the… thing! I lowered the gun. The thing looked confused and then turned and peered through the shadows. “Cool!” It said.

whacha think?

Splat is my savior!

12-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Little problem with my PC goin wrong and tryin to post my next chapter on Flamers PC. Thats why the last chapter was under his name. Sorry!

Im usin a PC at school so i cant write the next chapter. Itll come as soon as i get my PC workin.

12-17-2002, 03:37 PM
Splat

Sad WHY?!

Why, does no one reply to my stories, why? Do they not care about me? Am i not human? will no reply to me? I need replies, i depend on them as i depend on food! An so, i will sit here and wait for at least 1 reply before writing the next chapter. *Sits still for six hours.*
Ah, forget it, im desperate! I'll just write this and than ill need one reply between each chapter. And if your lookin for the other
chapter look above under Flamers name.

Abe
The thing didn’t speak, though it probably understood what was happening to its tormentor. I felt through the slig’s body till I found what I was looking for. I pushed the security card into a small machine on the glass screen. It drew back. I then checked each of the doors leading into the room I was in before locking them all. All I saw was a couple of dead vykkers and interns. I suppose most people took off when half the factory blew up. I looked cautiously at the… thing for a moment before blowing up the slig. I walked out of the shadows and stared at the… thing.
“Hi,” it ventured in the voice of a young mudokon.
“Uh, hi,” I replied awkwardly.
“Thanks for savin my life.”
“Yeah.”
“Do you always speak in one or two word sentences?”
I snapped Back to my senses. “Sorry, It’s just…”
“I know, I’m not exactly normal. Funny how vykkers always seem to ruin your life.”
“Sorry, but… are you…”
“Yes I am mentally stable!” It said, as if reading my mind. He pushed himself up into a sitting position. As it did, I noticed something burnt into its arm:
0941/04
L: 231

“Who are you?” I asked it.
Splat, 0784556, 0941 of the scrabaromitoken project, which ever suits you best.”
“Splat. So, what does scaparadoken mean?”
“scrabaromitoken?”
“Yeah, that. I mean, what is this experiment?”
He sighed. “By combining the DNA of a Scrab, a paramite, a mudokon and a laguameacy-“
“Laqua-who?”
“ Laguameacy. It’s a newly discovered species. Well, by combining their DNA and brainwashing the whole thing, the vykkers tried to create an expert security guard. When they where testing me to see my various skills, I escaped and blew this joint, literally.”
“Ah. So, what was that giant slig thing I blew up?”
“One of the experiments, a master slig. Most of the experiments here were to create bigger, better security guards. Master sligs, scrabaromitoken, black skins.”
“Black skins?”
“A mudoken who’s been brainwashed and ordered to make your job a lot harder. Just be thankful that the experiment didn’t work.”
Just then, a way to familiar voice shouted “HEY, STITCH LIPS, WHAT DO YA MEAN BY LEAVIN ME BACK THEIR? AND WHO ARE YA TALKIN T-“ Munch froze as he saw Splat…

Splat
“Now, to your right you will see what I have to put up with all the time!” Said Abe, pointing to the still terrified gabbit.
“Ah, so this is the legendary Munch.” There are a surprisingly high amount of stories about him, but most are rather exaggerated. If you asked a few mudokon slaves about him, you’d probably learn that Munch was a mutated robot who was so desperate, not to be saved, that Abe had to carry him away on his back!
“Yunno, if Abe had saved me from what was in stall for you, I’d be a little more thankful.”
“Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?” Munch said, suddenly noticing my broken leg.
“Hey, ya may have noticed I’m part scrab, part paramite, part mudokon.”
“yeah.”
“Well I’m also part Laguameacy.”
“Laqua-who?”
“It’s a newly discovered species,” put in Abe, helpfully.
“A newly discovered species with wings,” I added, pushing myself of the ground and lifting into the air.
Abe stared, surprised. Munch gulped. I screeched the screech of all angry scrabs, everywhere. Abe stared, even more surprised. Munch screamed and immediately, left the complex, fearing the power of shred attack!
“Ya comin Abe?” I called.
“Oh yeah, I’m right behind ya,” he replied.
I shot out through the shadows and flew over the desert, following Munch’s heavy footprints. Finally, I was free…

Munch
I hopped as fast as I could, praying to Odd that that psychopathic monster wouldn’t catch up with me and kill me, but I was sure I could already hear the beating of it’s wings behind me. I forced, willed myself to go faster. I ran for miles. Hours. Heading for the village. For safety. But then it flew up beside me. It was barely even sweating!
“ Ya no, if I wanted to kill you, my scrab instincts would have taken control and you would have been dead about 4 hours ago.”
“You’re… kidding… … Aren’t… you…?”
It shook it’s head. “Nope!”
I collapsed, to tired to move. I… would… get… …revenge…

Splat
It felt good to finally be free to fly wherever I wanted. Now that I’d taught Munch his lesson, I landed to wait for Abe. As I collapsed in pain, I remembered that I still had a bullet hole in one leg.
Half an hour later, Abe caught up. “You OK?” He asked, noticing I was still bleeding a bit. I nodded. “He Ok?” He asked, noticing Munch…

Ok, now start replyin, and ill start advertising.

12-17-2002, 03:54 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)
Post Whoa!

Excellent!!! *clapping* Write more, I love reading your fic. Keep it coming!!!

Edit: (Damn all the grammar errors! Damn the all! *hits her head* Learn how to write Muse... )

Last edited by The Red Muse; 12-18-2002 at 03:03 AM..
12-18-2002, 09:29 AM
Flamer the red
Zappfly

Flamer the red  (10)
Native Sorry 4 No Replies

I could'nt reply at home cos my forum conection is playing up.
I am at school for the moment, and it should work soon.

Splat is my savior!

12-21-2002, 09:06 AM
Splat

THanks guys. I finally got some replies! HUZZAR!
I cant rite the next chpter- im on my sisters laptop

12-22-2002, 05:06 PM
Splat

Happy

Two replies, and so close together, I know i originally saidone chapter a week but forget that! Hope you enjoy chapter 3.

Chapter 3

Abe
We left Munch to get his breath back and headed for the village.
I was worried about how to get the mudokons to see Splat without running around in circles, screaming their heads off!
I decided to sneak Splat to the village and hide him in my hut while I went and asked Bigface what to do. So I sneaked Splat to the village and hid him in my hut while I went and asked Bigface what to do.
After my normal pile-on of adoring fans, asking for my autograph, I was told that Bigface was in the main assembly hall, preparing for some big town meeting.
I went into the hall and found Bigface lighting the lamps around the hall (with 237 to light it was a long job and took about 3 hours!)
I walked to Bigface and began. “Bigface, Th-“
“There’s a part scrab, part paramite, part mudokon, part Laguameacy thing in your hut and you know he’s a real nice guy but your worried that the others will be terrified of him when you try to introduce him,” he interrupted, without turning round.
“Uh, yeah… Hey, what is town meeting about anyway?”
He turned to face me. “You planning to take Splat round, door to door?!”
“Ah.” I opened my mouth to speak… Then changed my mind. “I’m not even gonna ask!”
I turned to leave. Just as I did, Bigface called to me “I’ll be round in a minute to heal that bullet wound in Splat’s leg.” I left, trying to figure out what just happened!

Splat
Bigface had used some weird plants and a lot of chanting to speed-heal my leg. Now I was standing behind the stage in the hall while Bigface was going on about how I’d blown up a giant lab and how Abe had saved me from that slig and a bunch of rubbish like that.
I suddenly felt worried. If Bigface mentioned the fact I could use shred power or something then I might as well pack my bags and leave.
Suddenly I felt the rage coming on. No, I should have told him! Then I heard his voice in my head. “Don’t worry. I won’t tell them.” No, it was just worse. I had to hold it back. I… couldn’t… mustn’t… let it… loose…
Ok, maybe I should back up a little. I inherited more than wings from the laguameacy. Laguameacies basically go nuts around anything psychic. I inherited a deep-rooted, almost unstoppable rage. I’d learnt in action. 14 mudokons and I were planning an escape. I shred-powered through our cell doors one night, and we crept down the corridor. When we reached the guard block, the mudokons began chanting. That’s when things went wrong.
The slig on guard noticed immediately. He reacted by running around screaming, mindlessly. I reacted by feeling how a scrab probably feels when it’s lunch climbs out of shredding range and feeling like my gut was about to explode, which is what it pretty much did! Only, instead of spewing out guts and stuff, I spewed out a few extra legs, arms, and a load of totally nameless limbs! I basically looked like three shrykalls stuck together at awkward angles! I hadn’t killed the mudokons, but I had ruined their plan. They couldn’t chant while lying on the floor, barely conscious! They gained 3 weeks of solitary confinement. I lost my last friends.
I suddenly realised the rage was subsiding. I’d beaten it down! I then noticed that Bigface had resorted to vocally and physically trying to get me on stage.
I heard the ceaseless chatter of mudokons as I climbed on to stage. The moment I got up, for the very first time in my life, I heard a group of more than 7 mudokons being totally silent. They just stood there, staring at me. Totally silent. At the back of the hall I noticed Abe, whispering into the ear of another mudokon. He suddenly looked up and started clapping and cheering enthusiastically… then began to slow down… and finally, faded into an embarrassed silence.
My arms, ponytail, wings and back drooped. I should of known. There’s no place in Oddworld for a part scrab, part paramite, part mudokon, part Laguameacy freak.

Well? I'm waiting for replies.

We all like gettin replies,
so bring some out here.

Good tidings we bring,
To you and your kin,
We wish you a merry Christmas
and a happy new year.

Last edited by Splat; 05-08-2007 at 08:50 AM..
12-22-2002, 11:27 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Ah.....the long lost story Ive been looking for.

I thought I would finally give you some feedback. Well I just finished your three chapters so far and I have to say this story is really really good. Im not kidding. I really like the story concept, and how you really define the three character's personalities. I also would like to see an update. This is your first story, it would not seem like it to me. I apologize though for not replying in the longest time. I am lucky you pointed it out.

-Sincerely Al the Vykker FC Mod
12-24-2002, 06:51 PM
Splat

Thanx Al. Its the praise that makes it all worth while. I was writin this story for along time before i joined and ive changed alot. I cant write the next chapter caus im on my sisters labtop but the next chapter of the oddworld story should arive very soon.

01-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Splat

Warning, in coming chapter, and thank you to Al for havin a look!

Chapter 4

Splat
I walked silently back to Abe’s hut. Every mudokon was at the meeting, probably emptying the buffet table. Abe joined me soon.
“What’s up?” He asked.
“Whad ya think?” I replied.
“Don’t worry about them. Once they know what ya did to Munch they’ll be lining up to have your autograph!”
I didn’t answer.
“Ya wanna stay here tonight?” Abe asked.
“Fine.”
“Whan me to get ya a bed?”
“I’ll make my own.”
“…Oookay, how about food?”
“That would be nice.”
“Kay, see ya.” He left.
I got my spindles working. I shot a string of paramite thread from the hole on my back and began to make a hammock. It was done soon. I climbed in and stared up at the ceiling. What was the point of staying here? Everyone hated me. Maybe I should go in to the forest and get in touch with my inner scrab. Or paramite. Or laguameacy. If only I could get a chance to prove that I could be trusted…

I stared on in horror. I tried to close my eyes but they were taped open. I tried to turn my head but a slig grabbed it firmly and held it facing forward. Another grabbed my arms. I watched in horror as the wooden box with him inside was lowered into the machine. I tried to break free of the sligs’ grip but they held me to tightly.
“I’M SORRY,” I cried to my greatest friend “I’M SORRY. I TRIED,” I flinched as his screams of pain echoed around the building. They suddenly stopped and I knew he was gone. Sligs began to leave the room. “I tried,” I whispered, beaten…

I sat up, gasping, sweating. Just a dream, just a dream. It wasn’t happening again. Just a dream. A dream of the worst moment of my life…
I opened the small sack of belongings that I kept at my waist. I fished out the tiny fossil and grasped it in my hand. I would avenge his death.
I placed the fossil back in the bag and slipped off my hammock. It was night. I was about to go outside when I noticed something on the ground. A pile of food. Slurg and fleech meat, and scrab and paramite. Scrab, Slurg and fleech I’d eat. But not paramite, not if it was the last food on Oddworld. There was also a bottle of soalstorm brew with a note on it:

In case you don’t drink brew there is a stream on the far side of the village.

So I left the hut and walked across the village. I looked around the dark village as I did. All the doors where closed. None of the windows where lighted. In the centre of the village a large wood fire was fading down to darkness.
I reached the stream and had a drink of the water. I laid down on it’s bank.
I listened to the noise of the water. I watched as a perog (a miniature, orange hedgehog with spikes that fill with poison when it is scared) waddled past. I listened to the wind in the trees. Before I had been captured and made a slave I had always enjoyed doing this. Other mudokons had always said it was stupid thing to do. But I had always enjoyed it. Listening to the sounds of our world.
After a while I left and went back to the hut. The fire had gone out and the sky was beginning to get a bit lighter. I wondered if Munch had come back yet. I hadn’t seen him since we’d left him in he desert.
I went to sleep in my hammock, not knowing the trouble the next 3 months would bring.

Watca think? And remember, i need some repies before i rite more.

Last edited by Splat; 01-18-2003 at 01:14 AM..
01-19-2003, 06:04 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)
Happy ARRGH!

Hoo boy! My eyes are locked, I can't see!
But I can see just enough to tell that you have talent Splat!
Great fic!
...gotta...read...MORE!

Man I'm tired... gotta go get some coffee...

01-21-2003, 11:16 AM
AbeLover
Bolamite

: Mar 2002
: Not where I would like to be.
: 55
AbeLover  (10)
Happy Whoa!!!

I really love your fanfic! I've never seen anything like it!
Keep it comin'!!!
01-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Splat

:)

HUZZAH! 2 replies in the space where id normally expect one! Im flattered! Well, you asked for it, so, chapter, (counts on fingers) 5!

Chapter 5

Splat
The next day I decided to go and see Bigface to ask him about what I should do with my life and also, warn him about the effect psychic powers had when released around me.
I left the hut without waking Abe. As I walked through the village I noticed the mudokons backing away from me and pointing at me and muttering.
‘Sheesh’ I thought. That meeting must have had more effect than I thought!
When I got to the hall I discovered that the only person there was a skinny mudokon who screamed when he saw me and began running around the hall like a sloggie who’d just bitten his tail off while chasing it. Then the mudokon bashed into a marble post and knocked himself unconscious! I shrugged and left the hall.
I decided to go back to Abe’s hut. I was half way there when someone tapped me on the shoulder. A mudokon would just turn around. A scrab would immediately kill what ever was behind it. A paramite would stun or injure the culprit and then turn around. My instincts chose the paramite option. I shifted my weight on to my front paramite legs and jabbed back with my scrab legs, in to the legs of whoever was behind me.
There was a cry of pain and surprise from behind me and all the mudokons watching me jumped back about 3 metres and started muttering more loudly. The only thing I heard though, was what sounded like “he was right”.
I turned to help up the mudokon I’d kicked. “You ok?” I asked.
“Yeah, nice shot!” He replied.
“Sorry, proof that you should never sneak up on a paramite!”
“Yeah, I’ll remember that. I’m Alf.”
“Alf? Alf’s rehab and teas Alf?”
“You know another?”
“Well actually, yes. He’s-“
“Yeah, anyway, Abe wants to see you. He’s at my bar.”
“ Oh, ok, lets go.”
We crossed the village until we came to the famous, ALF’S REHAB AND TEAS. Well, it wasn’t as flashy as rumours told but at least it existed!
Inside there was a giant banner stuck to the ceiling that said "ALF’S REHAB AND TEAS WELCOMES SPLAT (You know, that four-legged guy from the meeting the other night!)"
At a table I saw Abe and at the table next to his sat Munch. I went over and sat across the table from Abe.
“I see he’s back.” I said, looking at Munch.
“Yeah, Splat we have to talk. We need to find you somewhere else to sleep.”
Munch snickered.
“What’s wrong with your place?” I asked
Abe took a deep breath. “You snore, really badly!”
Munch fell off his chair and started rolling on the floor, laughing.

I know this chapter was really short compared to the rest, but i was runnin out of story and i want what ive already written till at least my next school holiday! Or my birthday in March.

01-23-2003, 05:05 AM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: Jan 2003
: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)
Post cool!

^^^^^^
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

01-27-2003, 06:38 PM
Splat

Sorry everybody but slight change of rules. As im raidly runnin out of chapters and my PCs refusin to let me rite more ill need 2 replies between each chapter. Sorry!

01-28-2003, 01:31 AM
Canned Gabbiar
Spark Stunk

: Dec 2002
: Dunno...
: 385
Canned Gabbiar  (10)

My rating:
out of

An interesting plot and unique writing style is what keeps this wonderful fan fic going.

Keep it up.

PS: Splat, think you've got problems with getting replies? Just look at my poetry and fan art threads. You'll see who's got it bad... I've been waiting like forever for someone to reply...

01-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Tori
Fuzzle

: in the middle of nowhere with my dog courage
: 128
Tori  (10)

I love to write storys and I will tell you this it is perfect almost something to publish keep working and it might get published.

01-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Splat

actually i do have plans to try and get it written in to the quintology!
You always get more than you bargained for dont ya! I ask for 2 replies so you just have to give me 3! Ok, you asked so i give, chapter 6.

Chapter 6

Splat
So we (Abe, me and occasionally Alf or Bigface) began to build a house on the edge of the village. It was actually suspended in the air by 2 trees and a lot of wooden supports.
That was Bigface’s idea. I’d told him about the rage that burns within –as he called it- and also asked him what I should do with my life. He said building a house suspended in mid-air and right on the edge of the forest that surrounded the village would be a good way of getting in to nature.
It was gonna be pretty big. It was gonna have a stair case through one of the trees (Bigface had speed grown it to make it wide enough) an all purpose room, a toilet (also running down the inside of a tree and into a very deep hole in the ground) a bedroom, a secret storage room (Alf forgot where it was and it took us 3 hours to find it) and a small lab (hey, I do a few experiments myself).
It took us 3 weeks to build and during most of that time I set up a hammock in the meeting hall.
Half way through construction I found out why the mudokons were so nervous around me. We’d got to the building site and found out that Alf had forgotten his tools so I went back to his hut to get them. On my way back to the site I was walking behind a hut when I heard the words Splat and shred power in the same sentence. I hid behind the hut and listened.
“Shred power! But he can control it, right?” Said the voice of your average, run-of-the-mill mudokon.
“Nope, not from what he told me.” That was MUNCH! He was putting on a nervous voice. “He said that his scrab instincts sometimes take control! You heard what he did to Alf.”
‘Why that little… ’. I thought.
“S-so he’s dangerous?”
“You bet!”
I heard the mudokon cautiously leaving the area.
“Sucker,” I heard Munch say. He walked round the hut. And bumped in to me. “Uh, oh!” He managed to get out before I pinned him to the ground.
“So, I sometimes loose control of my instincts,” I hissed “Ya think this might be one of those times?”
“Come on Splat, you know me. It was just a joke. I was gonna tell them the truth later…” I stared critically down at him. “PLEASE DON’T KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”
I stuffed my hand over his mouth. “That’s really annoying.” He stopped screaming through my fingers. “But, this time I’m gonna let you live. And as long as you don’t tell a single other mudokon that I’m a psychopathic monster, I won’t become a psychopathic monster!”
But Munch’s tales had more effect than either Abe, Alf, Bigface or I could ever have guessed, and a week after moving into my home, I had to move out again…

Abe
After a lot of work, perseverance and cursing, we finally got splat’s house
finished. Once it was done, we had a little chat.
Splat told me what the numbers in his arm meant. 0941 meant he was the 941st mudokon used in the scrabaromitoken experiment. Or, to put it better, 940 mudokons either died or went nuts before they used him.
04 meant his experiment was the forth conducted at that particular lab.
L:231 meant that the lab we blew up (I finished the job while Munch was being chased halfway across Oddworld) was the 231st lab to be built (judging on when construction began, not finished).
I also asked what the other experiments were. The first was about seeing if laguas (laguameacy was the adult form. Before that they were weird cocoons. Before that they were tiny creatures called laguateenies. Before that they were purple eggs) made good body-part-transplants. All they found was that the horns were incredibly valuable (like ivory in our world, only without the anti-poaching laws).
The second experiment was to see if they could use laguas for some kind of meat product, and by mixing it with a secret ingredient, laquameety was born!
The third experiment was the master slig. As well as being armed to teeth with every weapon imaginable, 7 of them had the power of… …possession (DUM, DUM, DUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!) Scrabs, paramites and, mostly mudokons, watch out, there are 7 new guys in town!
Number 4 was srabaramitoken, but had probably been scrapped after what Splat did!
Number 5 were black-skin mudokons. They basically whined, growled or giggled when you talked to them then shrugged when sympathised or returned fire when slapped! Either that or followed you for awhile, then either started ignoring you or started shouting or running around madly at a critical moment. At the moment they all came out of the experiment with (you guessed it) black skins, which really blew their cover!
Number 6 was a plan to make aqua sligs but at the moment they either exploded or drowned.
Number 7 was plans for aqua and hovering greeters, but only a few were being constructed because the idea was new.
Finally, something called the red skin project. Splat knew almost nothing about this. From what he’d heard, it was something using mudokons with strange, spiritual powers. By strengthening the powers and modifying them , they would make mudokons who could do… …something. Like I said, his info on this project wasn’t very helpful.

Well? And remember, praise is always welcome!

02-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Splat

Native

*Splat stands in a room containing nothing but a typewriter on a table and a chair*
Splat: Hello? is anyone there?

Munch: (From off stage) Hi Splat! I'm here!

Splat: (Pause...) Is anyone else there? Have i lost the sparck already?!

02-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Flamer the red
Zappfly

Flamer the red  (10)
Happy

The RedSkin reveiw

Flamer:Yer story's as good as ever!
Munch:That isnt sayin much.....
Flamer:Quiet you! Anyway, Check out :My 1St Story!
Munchwhispers) Its about as good as this one...
Flamer strangles munch.
(Music fades)

The RedSkin reveiw!

Splat is my savior!

03-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)
Happy

out of

Amazing Job splat!!!!!

Although munch is turning into the bad guy ain't he?
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

03-02-2003, 09:09 AM
Splat

Munch isn't really turning in to a bad guy, he just doesn't like Splat. THey really don't like each other but a lot of it is because Splat doesn't know the whole story. Like the thing about Abe having to carry Munch away on his back: he din't know that Munch was already escaping. also, Munch is a bit jealous and worried that Splat may take up his position as Abe's sort of second in comand. Also, i new very little of the Munch's Oddysee story line when i started writing this. But anyway, im sure you're all getting bored of me going on like this so i'll just get on with the chapter,

Chapter 7

Splat
About a week after my house was finished I was tipped out of my hammock and yanked off the floor by a rather terrified Abe and a very terrified Alf.
Abe screamed down my ear. “Splat, SPLAT, you have to get out of here!”
“What ever it was, I didn’t do it,” I said, half asleep.
We know, but – hey, how d’you know about it?” Alf asked.
“Know about what?” I said, still barely awake.
Abe picked a bowl of water off the floor and tipped it over my head. “Splat, 10 mudokons disappeared last night and everyone’s saying you ate them. They’re gathering in to a huge mob to come and meat-process you.”
“Alf, go get me a lot of food and water and a few brews.”
“4 moolah.” He said. I gave him the money and he took off.
I grabbed a backpack I’d made and opened the secret compartment in the floor.
“Splat, where will you go?” Abe asked as I shoved a pair of mini teleporters in to the bag.
“I’ll tell you in a couple of months.” I replied while putting a gigantic electromagnet into the bag. Then added almost silently “if I’m still alive!”
I put a few more things in to the bag including a mini boom machine and a little tube of green stuff that turned red and vibrated when sligs were near and waited for Alf. He eventually appeared with basket of food, gasping for breath.
I checked the basket. “Good. Brew, sleepy stuff, springles, (note: take off the ‘s’ if you don’t get it) gut burner, good selection Alf. Better hurry.”
I headed towards the door, which Alf was still collapsed in front of.
“Splat, Alf suddenly gasped, you’re to late. Go down there and you’ll be massacred before you leave the door.

Alf
I was terrified, there was no escape for him! But Splat still looked calm!
“Why didn’t you say so?” He asked, sounding annoyed. He charged up shred power and walked to the far wall. He suddenly let off shred power and broke a hole in the wall.
“Good luck guys, And thanks.”
“Vice versa.” Abe replied, and with that, Splat started up his wings (Note: Splat’s wings worked like a fly’s) and was gone.
“There goes one brave guy,” Abe said.
“You ain’t kidding!” I replied.

Splat
I flew up into the air and circled the village. Nothing. I moved out a little further and circled again. Still nothing. I moved out and circled again. Still, still nothing. But on my next circle, to the West of the village, I spotted what I was looking for. Tyre tracks.
I flew towards the tracks, just as a couple of mudokon arrows flew into the air to where I’d been a couple of seconds before, causing me to make the immediate decision, to get well away from the village.
I flew down and followed the tyre tracks. About 6 hours of non-stop-flying later I saw what I was looking for. A giant sized, scrap-metal lorry. Another 20 minutes of rather tired flying later, I collapsed on top of the lorry, barely able to move.
I lay on the lorry roof, to tired to even lift my head off the roof and look around. About 30 minutes of constant rumbling and jerking, the lorry went up a ramp and I was plunged into darkness. But not for long. In a matter of seconds rather dim spotlights came on that basically left the whole room in darkness, accept the roof. Fortunately, the ten eyes of a laguameacy are quick at adjusting to new light situations and after a few seconds I could see reasonably clearly.
The metal-sided room I was in suddenly jerked and started moving. I realised it be the cabin of a train.
I watched as 2 sligs got out of the lorry’s cabin. One went and leaned against the front of the lorry and the other leant on the side, just below where I was leaning over to watch.
I suddenly had an idea. I took my backpack off and began to dig through it till I found the food product I wanted.
FIRE FLUMPS
Goodness gracious, burp balls of fire!
I pulled one of the red marshmallows out of the packet and looked over the side of the lorry. The slig below me had an unlighted cigarette in its mouth and was now digging through its pants for something.
I spoke in a low voice: “Wan a light?”
To avoid confusion I’ll call them slig A and slig B.
A: “Yeah, that’d be great.”
B: “What’d be great?”
A: “You offered me a light.”
B: “No I didn’t.”
A: “Yes you did.”
B: “No I didn’t.”
A: “Yes you did.”
B: “Did not.”
A: “Did too.”
B: ”Did not”
I intervened in, my low commanding voice. “You didn’t!”
B: “Thank you.”
A: “What?”
B: “You agreed and said I didn’t
A: “No I didn’t.”
B: “Yes you did.”
I swallowed the fire flump.
A: “No I didn’t.”
B: “Yes you did.”
“I DID!” I screamed, angrily. “AND I OFFERED YOU THE LIGHT. TAKE IT!”
I burped and a bright red fireball flew out of my mouth and over the edge of the lorry. Judging by the scream I’d managed to hit slig A and he’d burst into flames!
A side affect of fire flumps is that you can walk through fire without getting burned or over-heated. I slid down off the lorry behind the fire. I then walked into the fire, called up shred power and walked out the other side where slig B could see me.
“YOU HAVE ANGERED ME!” I roared.
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, IT’S THE DEVIL, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The slig was now running around in circles so I stepped a little way into the fire - enough so I could see him but he couldn’t see me.
The slig stopped and stood about a metre in front of the fire, whimpering like an injured sloggie.
I backed away into the fire, paused, then quickly charged forward, leapt out of the fire, then just before I landed, set off shred attack. Pieces of slig went flying everywhere. I stopped shred attack and looked around.
“And that,” I flicked a piece of slig off one of my scrab feet, “is that.”

And so, the plot thickens, its what my story has been buildin up to, this is now getting in to the acctual "adventure" part of the story. Well ya didn't think it would all be at the village did ya?

03-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

It's very good so far! I'm realy enjoying reading it!
Fire flumps sound like an idea! (rushes to lab and set self on fire )
04-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Splat

One reply. I spacifically remember asking for 2.
Come ON! We're just gettin to the good bits! Yet no reply! Thanks to Hobo, but you other guys who suposedly like my stories should be readin 'em!

I WANT REPLIES!!!

04-05-2003, 04:03 PM
Native Poser
Thudslug

: Under your bed...
: 185
Native Poser  (10)

I'm kinda new so I didn't have a chance to reply earlier. You've writen a great story Splat! Keep it up!
04-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Splat

Tank you, and welcome to the forums, N P.
So here it is, fresh from the place it came from,
Chapter 8

Splat
Now that I’d disposed of the sligs I decided to try and talk to the mudokons in the lorry. I walked round to the back of the lorry and knocked on the doors. “Can you here me?”
“Abe?” A weak, shakey, voice asked.
“No, it’s Splat,” I replied, softly.
“Splat!?” The mudokon sounded surprised. “What are you doing here?”
“I’ve come to get you out of here,” and prove to everyone that I’m not a psychopathic monster! I added, silently. “I’m gonna search the front of the lorry for a key.”
“You can’t. They’ve locked the key in here. The only other one is at the laquameety processing plant, where we’re going.”
Great. “Well, are you all OK?”
“Yeah. Except for the fact that Bill has a black eye and Tim has a bent-back finger.”
“Good. I’m just gonna search the cabin and then I’ll come back.”
“Kay. And Splat? Sorry I thought that you were a psychopathic monster.”
I hunted round the cabin for about twenty minutes and found about seventy packs of grade A cigarettes, a lighter, a roughly drawn map of how to get to the village (which I ripped in to little bits an ate) and a piece of paper with “Quaranai fancies the other mudokon queen” written on it and surrounded by games of naughts and crosses.
I had no idea who “the other mudokon queen” was, but I decided to keep the piece of paper.
I went round the truck to talk to the mudokons but, judging by the snoring, they’d fallen asleep.
I suddenly remembered that I hadn’t picked up the pieces of decapitated slig so I, well, did (putting the pieces into a plastic bag and putting the bag into my backpack) and then I half flew half climbed to the top of the truck. I sat down to wait in the dim light for the train to reach its destination.

Trees and plants exploded around us. Bullets whizzed past my face. The screams of our tribe echoed around us. Adey, Paras and I, all ran, desperate to escape.
A new wave of bullets shot by, almost on ground level. Paras screamed. I stopped and spun round and crouched down by him.
Adey ran back and pulled at my arm. “Splat, come on, you have to leave him.”
“No!” I gasped ”They’ll kill him! THEY’LL KILL HIM AND EAT HIM!”
“They’ll do the same to us if were caught”
But I didn’t leave him. Not until Adey Picked me up and carried me, sobbing. But we didn’t get far. I hadn’t even lost sight of Paras when Adey dropped me and clutched his arm. I saw blood trickling through his fingers!
I looked back at Paras. He was already lying in a puddle of blood, pouring out of his leg.
I suddenly felt a sting in the calf of my leg, which more-than-rapidly turned into a more-than-searing pain that spread through my whole body. I collapsed. A few seconds later I felt something dig in to the wound in my leg, and pull something out. As I lost consciousness, I heard a mocking voice laugh “Well what’s this? Two for the labour camp and one for slaughter.”

A loud clanking sound woke me up. I realised that the train was slowing down.
I quickly jumped up, then slumped down as my head hit the ceiling! After recovering I decided I’d quickly talk to the mudokons and then wait for the train to stop. Once it did I’d fly out and hide until the mudokons were let out of the van, then I’d unleash all the anger of a ticked off scrab (and if you don’t know, that’s a lot of anger!)
My thoughts were cut short by the doors of the train carriage opening.
“Ok, scrap the “talk to mudokons” plan” I thought.
I heard a slig’s voice below me: “Hey where are those two?”
“Dunno,” came the reply “those fools probably locked themselves in the van!”
“You know that’s not possible, where could they be?”
I didn’t bother listen to this anymore. Besides, now I was sitting around I’d suddenly remembered the dream I’d had. I lifted off and flew out of the door… and bashed right into a passing flying-slig!

President Martor
I roared at the slig standing in front of me. “DESTROYED!!! HOW? AND THE ANSWER BETTER NOT BE ABE, or heads will roll!”
“Like I said, sir, 0784556 somehow escaped his cell and destroyed the lab and killed 37 people, including Anclarrr!”
“This is terrible,” I said. “And it’s all Xalarrs fault. I told him, “Brainwash first, Tests after.” But of course, he acted like I knew nothing and said it wouldn’t work like that. Have him executed.”
“Yes sir, but-“
“And his partners punished too. 3 weeks, solitary confinement.”
“Yes sir, but it’s worse-“
“How could it be worse? That lab contained experiments worth more than BOTH SAM AND AMY PUT TOGETHER”
“Sir, Abe was seen entering the lab after leaving Blowco’s, 5 minutes after 0784556 blew it up!”
It took me a few seconds to work this one out. Then: “NOOOOOOOOOOO, THAT’S IT! KILL THEM ALL! FEED THEM TO THE FEKTS! (Fekts are small, flesh-eating, transparent, slug-like-things that are usually red, the colour of their last meal. They’re not my idea. They’re not Oddworld’s idea. They were created by the writer of “The Oddworld Alliance, Life, Death and Rebirth” in the Oddworld.au.com fancorner, but, now back to President Martor). Feeding people to the fekts is the capital punishment. 1 centimetre squares of flesh are, one at a time, ripped off their body! And the fekts, who crave warm living flesh, have found ways to keep lunch alive as long as possible! Which could be anything from 3 hours to 5 days!
I was silent for a while after that, trying to calm down. The slig muttered ”Yes sir,” and turned to go.
He was about to leave when I hissed “100,000,000!”
“S-s-sorry sir?” He stuttered, turning around.
“100,000,000 moolah for whoever brings me the bodies of either of those two”
“But sir, that could set us b-“
“AND 500,000,000 FOR WHOEVER BRINGS THEM ALIVE.”
“But sir, that’s more money than we can afford to loose.”
“WE’LL LOOSE MORE IF ABE’S NOT STOPPED!”
“Yes, sir, but-“
“THOSE TWO WILL BE STOPPED, AND IF ANYONE GETS IN MY WAY, EVEN MY MOST LOYAL SERVANTS, THEY WILL BE FLOGGED, BOILED, PARTIALLY DECAPITATED, PUT IN THE STOCKS FOR A WEEK, EXILED FOR 3 MONTHS, AND THEN FED TO THE FEKTS, AS SLOWLY AS POSSIBLE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?”
The slig stuck his head out from under his chair. “Yes, sir, sorry sir, I’ll tell them to execute Xalarr and his assistants and make them raise the rewards, the posters will be all over the centre by tomorrow.” He scuttled out from under his chair and, without getting up, left the room. I heard a mudokon laughing at him as he crept out the door.
“Bring that mudokon in here.” I called.
I heard a gulp.

What do da think? And don't hesitate to reply.

04-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Native Poser
Thudslug

: Under your bed...
: 185
Native Poser  (10)

Another good chapter Splat, and thanks for the welcome