01-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Darkest
Stingbee

: Jan 2003
: Mesa, Arizona
: 95
Darkest  (10)
Oddworld The Bard RPS

This is an RPS, I am not going to do any numbers! This will be an ongoing story and I will hope that you don't do anything overpowerful. Here are rules for MY RPS.

1. In this RPS, anything you have bought outside of this RPS isn't in this game. You will get weapons and items, but its not going to be from the shops outside of this RPS.

2. Rex and FireFrog are null here, their powers don't exist here. Here, I decide who is overpowerful, and if you are roleplaying right. I am the complete ruler over everything that you can't determine by yourself.

(To FireFrog and Rex, I respect your powers, but you aren't going to be telling me what to do and not do. I'd be obliged if you sign up, but you won't be using your power here. I gave up numbers, and that's all I'm going to give up.)

3. I recommend that you don't use any current characters, make a new one on this thread, don't include it on Vykker's Labs, just make the Character here.

4. I will allow you to create a story, but if there is ANYTHING I see as unfair, too powerful, or not as it should, then I will ask you to change it. If you do not change it in an edit, I'll send a meteor at you.

5. Characters may die, if I say so. But in this RPS, it does not matter, because you will always have another character to play as.

6. When it comes time for battle, you will say what you do, and I will give you the effect. Cause and Effect here, you give me the cause, I give you the effect. This is only for battle, because I feel that it is hard to control battle in such an RPS. The players don't want to let their own people die. But it must be so in this RPG.

Ok! Now that those are underway, here is the story.

Northeastern Mudos, Coastline, 7:21 AM 3-12-44

A light appeared from the ocean. Far away, where all the Oddworld Inhabitants thought that there was only ocean, the light flashed. The light flashed over and over, until many people in the surrounding tribes looked up to it.

"The Light! There's... there's... land there!" they cried. Their canoes were no match to cross the distance to the distant land that they knew nothing about. Only one tribe had the power.

A small, Kar'haelian ship rocked upon the ship. The native Kar'haelian sligs readied their ship, polished and repaired it... for tonight, it would journey to the land of the light. The Mudokon Tribes watched as it departed, and shouted back words of confidence to the sligs aboard. The Kar'hael Slig Tribe were their friends.

It was a week before they returned. Many had died from the storm that had nearly demolished their fine vessel. But when they had gotten to the land, they found fields of fine land, ready for farming. Herds of wild meeps roamed and waited to be harvested. Great forests of fruitful trees grew from the soil. The Kar'haels proclaimed this a land of paradise.

They named it Bolland, which in Kar'hael, meant "Land of the Blessed". Who would take this land for their own? What tribe, clan, faction or guild? There were many that lived upon the coastline, and many wanted to control it.

Not the large tribes of Kar'hael or Mudonkar, they owned enough land. No... what they needed was a small tribe, no more than twenty people, to go and claim the land.

But many people are departing to claim it, there seems to be a large, bloody war that will erupt between the Small Tribes, to determine who possesses Bolland, the Land of the Blessed.

---Sign-Ups---

The Tribe Name:
Race: (Any race you want, from old to made-up. Some Tribes may be multi-racial, but most only have one race.)
History: (Tell how your tribe got started out, what it is known for, and where they recently lived.)

Skills: (Are they good at Elum-Riding? Seamanship? Treecutting? Firestarting? What is your Tribe good at? You may have up to three Skills)

---Chief Character---
This is who you play as, until your Chief Character dies. If this character dies, then a character from your Tribal Characters will become the chief. This Character commands all the tribal characters, and you can order them around! He calls the shots and he's the big boss.

Name:
Race:
Sub-Occupation: (What he does for a living other than be the Chief)

History: (Give a good length history about the Chief.)

Physical and Mental Traits: (Give a few discernable traits.)

Abilities and Spells: (You can have four spells or abilities)

---Tribal Characters---
These are the characters you control over, your tribe. You may have 4 - 20 of these characters.

Name:
Race:

That's it for your tribal characters. If you need to get some names, then go to these sites:
Mudokon Names
Slig Names

Go to Full Names if you can't decide.

Note: These Tribal Characters should be in families, so many should have the same last name.

Ok! Sign up and let's get rollin'!

You will start out with 1000 Moolah in this game, so you can buy a decent ship, some supplies and tools, so you can start your life on Bolland. When you get to the Kar'haelian Slig Docks, you'll be able to use this moolah.

The Official Forum Necromancer
and
The Darkest of them all...

01-29-2003, 08:53 PM
cooldude
Bolamite

: Here im camped out right inbetween the Rpg and Oipt
: 63
cooldude  (10)

hey id like to join in (OOC: did ya get my PM hope so)

dodokon tribe

race: yamariso

history: A race of proud warriors who's ancestors
nearly took controle of mudos in the great war of the tribes
they have lived for generations in the deserts of scrabaina
the tribe was origanly just a few travlers from the jungle who were driven from their tribes so they settled in the desert where the learned to dig for underground streams for water
and to survive the harsh climate.

Skills: the people of the dodokon tribe are known for their amazing combat skills,also good at digging,and they can tame the wild scrabs and paramites that live in their region

Cheif: Yaraskon
Race: yamariso
Sub-Occupation: a great and young hunter and warrior

History: Yaraskon was appointed The Cheif of the Yamariso after he defeated and killed the former Cheif Rapon after that the tribe got word of the new land across the sea and he led an army of Yamariso out to concor it like their ancestors before them tryed to concer mudos.

Physical and mental traits: Yaraskon sports an old battle scar from long ago he also practices desert spells long forgotten and has thick heat resistant skin as all yamarisos do

Abilities and Spells: he has the ability to tame wild creatures to help him during his quest,he can cause sand to spew from the ground and cover an escape he also has been studying the ancient are of conjering

Tribal Characters:

Name: Varis
Race: Yamariso

Name: Darmin

Name: Saferik

Name: Falsim

Name: Warkiv

Name: Vardkin

Name: Vowen

Name: Booten

Name: Baaten

Name: Foweren

01-29-2003, 10:33 PM
FireFrog
Thudslug

: -
: 162
FireFrog  (10)

:
Rex and FireFrog are null here, their powers don't exist here.
You'd be suprised...
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
AHA! AHA! AHA! A... A... Hmm...

*looks arouns*

*cough*

I'll go now...

*Runs out the room*

01-29-2003, 10:38 PM
cooldude
Bolamite

cooldude  (10)

KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE SPAM!

01-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Darkest
Stingbee

Darkest  (10)

FireFrog, I have power you can't imagine. Don't argue or mess with anything. Although, it would be cool if you could join up, FireFrog! You are one of the best roleplayer, and this is a math-free game! You'll be good at it!

Here are your items, cooldude!

1000 MLA
Battle Staff
3 Spears Battle Armor
3 Fur Quilt
4 Oaken Buckets
2 Shovels
Four Blank Books
Oaken Shield
3 War Spears

and

Last edited by Darkest; 01-29-2003 at 03:08 PM..
01-29-2003, 11:01 PM
cooldude
Bolamite

cooldude  (10)

go dark

01-29-2003, 11:10 PM
Darkest
Stingbee

Darkest  (10)

We need to wait until a few people sign-up, it doesn't start immediatly.

and

01-29-2003, 11:34 PM
Abe's son
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Essex MA
: 1,331
Abe's son  (10)
Re: The Bard RPS

The Tribe Name:Bonekiller
Race: Geshwar(oddworld goblins pretty much) and sligs
History: The Bonekiller tribe is known for their insane Beserkers, and their Engineers. They created marvoliusly distructive weapons and contraptions to take down their enemys. They are dark, evil, and not good things...

Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Meetle riding, spears, speed

---Chief Character---

Name: Guk Stonekill
Race: Geshwar
Sub-Occupation: Meetle rider

History: Born during the wars, son of Iuk Stonekill, a powerful cheif of the Geshwar.

Physical and Mental Traits: Scar over right eye, blue stripes on arms, and black patch's on face

Abilities and Spells:
The Feeding: Summons a swarm of weak undead soldiers. Takes alot of energy from Guk, and weakens him

Meetal of Iron: Summons a Meetle constructed of Iron to fight until death. Passes out for 1 day after this.

Repair: Repairs any mech units made by Engineers. Not very weak after this.

Bash: Knocks the enemy senseless for some time. Effects energy little

Name: Dkosx Madchain
Race:Geshwar

Name:Grobx Metalkill

Name:Gxast Dreadarse

Name:Ktorux Stonethief

Name:Tdax Eviljeer

Name:Xsobn Darkgouge

Name:Zgut Ironscum

Name:Zomr Darkslime

Name:Zsebm Damnstealer

Name:Bafa Battlemask
Race:Slig

Name: Dabe Riftshooter

Name:Envas Spellbull

Name:Eravaf Deathsong

Name:Ibdov Deathrot

Name:Kore Battleslash

Name: Dalod Warriorcurser

Name:Kasadlir Chantlock
Race:slig

Name:Loxa Warboar
Race:slig

Name:Retal Woundwarper

Name:Zuxihal Angryflail

Last edited by Abe's son; 01-30-2003 at 12:48 PM..
01-30-2003, 01:09 AM
Darkest
Stingbee

Darkest  (10)

You have too many tribal characters. Lose one of them and you'll have a valid number of twenty.

and

01-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Okay, I resepct this rpg and I will leave it alone like i did with rupture farms. Cooldude techniqly 'Go Dark' was a spam, but your new. Good luck, I Can't wait to read this new rpg! *walks off whistling*

01-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Abe's son
Outlaw Shooter

Abe's son  (10)

:
Originally posted by Darkest
You have too many tribal characters. Lose one of them and you'll have a valid number of twenty.
Now I have 20
01-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Darkest
Stingbee

Darkest  (10)

Also, Abe's Son, you have four spells or abilities for your Chief Character.

Once we get another character, or when I sign up, then I'll start this RPS. Also, a note to every one who reads this.

There is no limit to the characters I take, even after I start the RPS, you'll still be able to join up!

Thanks Rex for your respect! In return, I respect you more than I used to.

and

01-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

: Oct 2002
: The Blasted Wastes
: 394
Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

I think I'll jump right in here.

tribe name: Sorengo
race: olog-gravv(see description under Yout RPg: Your Choice thread)

Olog-Gravvs are an example of unchanged evolution. Because their species have mostly lived in the vastly uncharted regions of Mudos, little need for technological advancement was there, so Olog-Gravv religion took precedence. The high priests are the unquestionable leaders of their people. This bred a war-like race of beings with very deep rooted beliefs. Many tribes have moved out into more hospitable regions of Mudos, taking land as thier own. The Sorengo tribe is one of these. Although not truly evil, the olog-gravvs give no parley to their foes, and do not intend to stop their movement. They do not know fear, nor will anyone else know this, for none shall be left to remember........

Skills: As said before, the Olog-Gravv species on the whole is very war like, so the majority of them are warriors.
The main weapon the typical olog-gravv warrior uses are long broadswords. Many are also expert bowmen, but the most powerful of the olog-gravv warriors are the Krill.
Often becoming chieftans, warriors who excel in many battles go through intensly difficult training rituals to become Krill.
The Krill usespecial scythe weapons that fold out from complex mechanisms covering the arm, they are immensly powerful and highly dangerous. The secrets of how these extraordinary weapons are made is unknown to all but the High Priest Council who solely crafts them.
The olog-gravv are a mainly carnivorous species, so farmers are not known. Although they do eat some greens, they realy mainly on meat for thier diet. Their buildings are often crude stone structures, but olog-gravvs are a hardy race and can stand the elements and they take a very long time to fatigue.

Chars.

Cheif
name: Radaghast
race: olog-gravv
history: Gowing up in one of the main olog-gravv cities, Radaghast had little knowledge of war until he was 10.
An army of wild sligs attempted to take the city. Although they were quickly beaten, many casualties resulted including the death of his older brother. Radaghast joned the army later as a last way of honoring his brother. He carries a deep resent for sligs. He took place in many battles and at one point was called before the High Council and was given the chance to become a Krill. He jumped at the chance but had a difficult time, almost dying during the training. After becoming a Krill he was placed as head of a small group out of many other chosen for the expansion to gain more lands. After about 2 years of traveling, they have come to an ideal area that is already inhabited by several other tribes of various species. This however, will not deter them.

Special Abilites:
Wrath of the Gods: Radaghast charges his sythe and everything it touches is set ablaze.
Winds of Fury: Radaghast can phase out of reality to avoid attackes for a limited amount of time.(if youve ever seen the game Shinobi you may know what I mean)
Army of the Storm: Radaghst can creat a temporary wall of comcentrated elctricity to cut off an attacker(s) path. Usesarge amount of mental concentration and power.

Physical and mental traits: Large powerfully built olog-gravv warrior sporting many scars and faded skin. He is cool and collected, but is quick to anger and ont afraid to do what is needed. He is also very outspoken

Tribespeople:

name: Delquibenzo
race: olog-gravv

Olorin
olog-gravv
warrior

Pallamo
olog-gravv
warrior

Boragorn
olog-gravv
warrior

Hotaru
olog-gravv
warrior

Spengrhah
olog-gravv
warrior

Utunmad
olog-gravv
warrior

Werdashi
olog-gravv
warrior

Castringa
olog-gravv
warrior

Fessperhone
olog-gravv
hunter/gatherer

Dergimba
olog-gravv
hunter

Curinir
olog-gravv
craftsmen

Ghasyit
olog-gravv
craftsmen

Mithridir
olog-gravv
hunter

Tolzo
olog-gravv
chef and Guardian herder(Guardians are a large lizardlike creature often used to guard olog-gravv settlments)

Numemor
olog-gravv
scout

Tasodaid
olog-gravv
fisherman and wood gatherer

Hacaan
olog-gravv
warrior

Gothmog
olog-gravv
craftsmen

Manwe
olog-gravv
hunter/ gatherer

Ok thats about it.

01-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Abe's son
Outlaw Shooter

Abe's son  (10)

:
Originally posted by Darkest
Also, Abe's Son, you have four spells or abilities for your Chief Character.

Once we get another character, or when I sign up, then I'll start this RPS. Also, a note to every one who reads this.

There is no limit to the characters I take, even after I start the RPS, you'll still be able to join up!

Thanks Rex for your respect! In return, I respect you more than I used to.
We are good to go!