01-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Darkest
Stingbee

: Jan 2003
: Mesa, Arizona
: 95
Darkest  (10)
Question How to Roleplay - A few useful tips

Hello there! I am Darkest, and even though I am a newcomer to these forums, I am an extremely experienced roleplayer and writer. I want to share some useful tips with all of you to improve your roleplaying. Its for your benefit only, and even though the roleplaying for this forum is adequate, I want to improve it!

Here are some helpful hints and tips to be a good roleplayer.

1. Avoid all 'net' slang. - When you are roleplaying, make sure to say "you" instead of "u". Net slang is good for chatrooms, but not for forums. Other parts of net slang include "are" as "r" and "why" as "y". When you are roleplaying, you are writing a story, make sure you are writing it as if a teacher was grading it.

2. When out of character, start a new paragraph. - Don't use paranthesis to express out of character dialogue! Carefully put at the bottom of the post a ~Out of Character~ in bold. Then, below it, express your comments. This prevents any confusion and sloppy writing.

3. Start new paragraphs! - Its always confusing to see one block of text. When you are starting a new part of an idea in your post, start a new paragraph by skipping a line! Also, dialogue should always be seperated from eachother. Example:

"Who's my buddy." Abe was feelin' cool, all the Mudokons loved him. They'd fight and chant for him even. And he was needin' a couple to open this refrigerator door.

"Hello Abe." Munch croaked.

"Munch! Well... why'r ya doin' here?" Abe was surprised. He hadn't seen his good buddy Munch in a year, and now he was back!

"Well, your electricity is out, I'm the new electrician!" Munch replied, smiling. Abe realized he had a new hat on his head.

"Well, can ya help me out here?" Abe responded, scratching his head.

So Munch got to work on Abe's refrigerator.

More Tips Later! Include some yourself if you are feeling brave!

The Official Forum Necromancer
and
The Darkest of them all...