01-12-2003, 05:13 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Wired Mysteries of our world.

What was the purpose of Stone Henge? Was it really suppose to be a calender of some type?

Do u balieve in the lost city of Atlantis?

What is the meaning in the designs of the crop circles?

Those and many more are one of the most interesting mysteries of our world. For me I balieve that there was an actual Atlantis and that it lies at the bottom of the Med Sea. And for Stone Henge maybe it was some kind of ancient device to call for alien life.

And here is interesting thought How could an ancient civilisation get the inspiration and be smart enough to build such shapes like pyermids? Something had to have influenced these people in the building of these places and structures. But what? How did they understand the very math envolved in such things. Its amazeing.

what do you think of these structures? Do you think everything we know about them are true?

01-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Atlantis is supposeto be some island that sank during a huge volcano eruption. Then the survivors founded Anceint Greece. Or at least thats what I read.

Stone Henge... I could care less.

And inspiration? Maybe they just though it look cool. Ya know? How come car designers pick certain models? How come some skyscrapers are all fancy looking? Its because we think they look cool.
01-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

I think the stonge henge was made by an Alien to make us think that there was once a smart civlisation and the pyramids are just roof if houses build on sand.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

01-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Wolfpac
Hoodie Patrol

: May 2001
: Take a Seat!
: 800
Wolfpac  (11)

Easy. If there are any mysteries in the world just say that the Aliens did it. That way we don't have to think about it and our brains won't hurt.

But seriously, without mystery in our world this would be a very boring place.

01-16-2003, 06:32 AM
FireFrog
Thudslug

: Jan 2003
: -
: 162
FireFrog  (10)
don't forget

another of the greatest mysteries in the world...
THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE

01-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Canned Gabbiar
Spark Stunk

: Dec 2002
: Dunno...
: 385
Canned Gabbiar  (10)

Well, here is my knowledge on these things. This is only my knowledge on the subject that I gathered from books and documentaries over the years. Heh, now this is a large slab of text so go put on a cup of coffee or something . And I do pretty much believe everything. I can't really believe that crop circles are created by aliens, but then again, maybe it was. Maybe we'll find out the facts one day...

STONEHENGE

Ok... Historians believed it was built by stone age people possibly as a place of worship or as a place to study the stars. The layout of Stonehenge marks the midsummer sunrise and the midwinter moonrise. Later, it was used by the Celts to worship their gods.

ATLANTIS

Although the origin of it is constantly debated, some archaeologists say that Atlantis was really the Island of Thera, a Greek island in the Aegean Sea 110km away from Crete (i'm sure we're all familiar with that). In 1470BC, most of the Island was blown apart when the Island's active volcanoe erupted. Like the eruption of Krakatoa.

CROP CIRCLES

Crop Circles.... Nobody know much about they're origins. We DO know about how they are created. In the beginning, the whole world were puzzled by these. Then, these two men(I don't remember the names) claimed to have created them. But scientific testing showed that the patterns could not possibly have been created by only two men with a wooden plank. University research showed that the crops had been exposed to high levels of radiation, causing the stalks to collapse. After testing, university students found that crop circles can be created using a modified microwave(i think it was...).

Most of the evidence suggest that a supernatural or alien force was behind these. Besides the fact that it would be difficult to create these crop circles in 6 hours, who would go through the trouble and spend heaps of money to get a modified microwave just to create these circles?

The suggestion that supernatural or alien forces were behind crop circles can also be backed up with mysterious events. Firstly, when media people went to take photographs of the crop circles, they had to do it from the air. But when they did, they noticed something strange. When the helicopter ascended to 500ft(im not sure about the exact figure), the digital camera image went hazy and started displaying static. When the ascended some more, the helicopter went haywire. Once they dropped back down to below 300ft or something, everything would function normally. There is also video evidence. Two revolving, glowing orbs were taped hovering over crop circles. They moved around and then disappeared. The wheat etc. fell instantaneously and what was left behind were crop circles. Although there may be other explanations, there has been no official word on this. All I'm saying is that these crop circles may have been made by supernatural forces.

BERMUDA TRIANGLE

Now there are many theories about this. I'm sure we've all heard the story about ships and planes that flew inside the bermuda triangle and never came out. One recent theory is that the methane gas from the ocean floor escapes to the surface. When combined with oxygen, this can cause explosions when it is ignited(possibly in engines etc.) or the gas suffocates the crew or pilots.

Last edited by Canned Gabbiar; 01-16-2003 at 01:07 AM..
01-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

: Oct 2002
: The Blasted Wastes
: 394
Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

:
Originally posted by Canned Gabbiar
BERMUDA TRIANGLE

Now there are many theories about this. I'm sure we've all heard the story about ships and planes that flew inside the bermuda triangle and never came out. One recent theory is that the methane gas from the ocean floor escapes to the surface. When combined with oxygen, this can cause explosions when it is ignited(possibly in engines etc.) or the gas suffocates the crew or pilots.
Interseting theory Canned Gabbiar, I heard one that said there is a high buildup of magnetic iron ore under the floor of the bermuda triangle that interferes with a planes systems causing it to crash, but then again, who knows.

01-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Canned Gabbiar
Spark Stunk

: Dunno...
: 385
Canned Gabbiar  (10)

:
Originally posted by Big_Bro_Slig222
Interseting theory Canned Gabbiar, I heard one that said there is a high buildup of magnetic iron ore under the floor of the bermuda triangle that interferes with a planes systems causing it to crash, but then again, who knows.
Hmm, yes this intriging. Magnets can disrupt mechanics and computers... interesting theory there too.

01-19-2003, 12:57 AM
Tori
Fuzzle

: Jan 2003
: in the middle of nowhere with my dog courage
: 128
Tori  (10)

I may be nine but I have heard of the crop signs and if you have ever seen the movie signs I do belive that there could be a there is a life up there. One time a while back the news said water had been found on mars there some prof.

01-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Lil' Capri

: in a black hole called Califor
: 8
Lil' Capri  (10)
Native

I've always believed in the alien thoery when it comes to crop circles. I read in one of my many different alien magazines that crop circles may be a sort of calling card of one alien race telling another that they are reaserching (or whatever) the planet Earth.

As for Atlantis, Stonehedge and the Pyrimids; Atlantis happened just like Canned Gabiar said, Stonehedge was built for worshiping the Gods and studying the stars, and I'm still trying to figure out how th ancient Egyptians built such a complex structure with thier limited technology.
01-19-2003, 01:18 PM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

:
Originally posted by happyguy936
I think the stonge henge was made by an Alien to make us think that there was once a smart civlisation and the pyramids are just roof if houses build on sand.
01-19-2003, 01:39 PM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

Pyramids have that shape because it was calculated by some egyptian dude. As for Stonehenge, I think it is just a sanctuary for the druids in england.

These are my twists in my mind.
- And you're still a dick.