11-27-2002, 12:51 AM
oddling
Clakker Relic Miner

: May 2002
: In my own little world
: 818
oddling  (10)
Battle of Meridell

Hiyas guys! I haven't been heres in like, forever, cause of school, but I'm gonna try and come around more. This is going to be another attempt at a dramatic story, although when I do dramas they always get reall mushy mahsy and poetic-ish........oh well. For those of you who are wondering, this is not the sequal to the knucklehead chronicles, this is just soemthing I wipped up out of the blue, so err.......enjoy! PS: This is story is about neopets, if you want to nkow what the hell a neopet is, go to www.neopets.com

Chapter 1

Caolite looked out across the scorched battlefield that he would someday be risking his life on. For years, King Skarl had known about Darigan returning for the orb he ahd stolen from the once beautiful land, but had just pretended that a wise sorcerer told him where to find it, and had not ripped it viciously from the peaceful paws of Darigan's country. Since Meridell needed all the recrutes they could get, once a neopet turned 10, they were to be trained for battle, and after 3 years of rising through the ranks, they would be sent off to war, probably to never return again, except in a coffin of some sort. Tomorrow was Caolite's 10th birthday. He ahd never been so scared about a birthday. He had ussualy been excited and happy, but this year, he didn't really feel like celebrating, at the moment he felt more like running away and joining the circus. He slowly trudged back into his cozy little hut on the shores of Mystery Island, beckoning his faithful Anubis, Haole, to follow him in. He opened the door and steped into the kitchen for a late nigth snack. As he munched on his Yodel, he reflected on all the years that had gone by, how he dashed happily in the endless fields of wildflowers with his friends, the tireing expeditions through the forest, to their secret waterfall that he and his friends loved to leap off of, surfing up gargantuan waves, to either end in triumph, or a mouthfull of salt water, he never realized how good he really had it. Some neopets lived in the dank, death reaking, cages of the Neopian pound, while he was playing soccer with a coconut. Now he was going to get somewhat of a taste of what they lived through. He then snapped out of his daydream and realized he had cream filling dripping off his chin. He licked it off and headed off to bed, Haole at his side. A feeling of absolute dread washed over him as he settled down in his own bed for possibly the last time. Although he was much too anxious to get to sleep, eventually he drifted off into a dream, happy for the last time he would be in quite a while.

Oddling l:c l

It was all mushy and gross wasn't it? :P
"But why is the coffee gone?!!" Pillows of the Caribbean

11-27-2002, 01:02 AM
Stanley
Thudslug

: Jul 2002
: ..................
: 178
Stanley  (10)

Sweet oddling keep it up

But the question is what happend to the teacher..........

11-27-2002, 08:08 PM
GTdragon
Spark Stunk

: Jul 2002
: Somewhere around California
: 394
GTdragon  (10)
YAY!!

_WP_ the Lupe:"Fabuloso senorita"

Aye, pwease keep going, it's soooooooooooooooo KEWL!!

just can't wait for next part

11-28-2002, 12:51 AM
oddling
Clakker Relic Miner

oddling  (10)

Yay! They don't think it's mushy! *drinks lots of coffee to celebrate* GONADS IN THE LIGHTING!!!!!! Well I'm goin to switch between Caolite and this new character I'm putting ni so don't get all confuzzled.

Chapter 2

Freefall wasn't your average scorchio. He had a certain fire to him. His parents were trash bags that tried to sell their own son to the neopian pound, only to discover that it would cost money to leave him to die in that death trap. His eyes scorched with punk attitude, his floppy head spikes held back, except for one that always flopped in front of his eyes, no matter how much jell he used. His clawed paws in the pokets of his jean jacket, he strode cooly down the graffiti ridden, gangster infested streets of the bad side of neopia centeral after dark, that he called home. As he passed a marketstand, he swiped a couple of bananas for the rest of his 'homies'. After he turned the corner to the side of town that NO ONE, not even the mob would enter, and quickly searched around to see if anyone was looking. He really didn't need to, since this was his territory, but just to make sure there wasn't any little kids, trying to win a dare. Once he was sure he was alone, he slipped into the storm drain and climbed through the murky pipe, until he got to a large cavern, loaded with illegal items of all sorts, graffiti etched walls, and the rest of his gang, some sorting various boxes of banned goods, some adding new artwork to the allready almost invisible brick wall, and others just leanign against an old subway that they called their home. As Freefall spread his bat like wings, and glided down from the sewer pipe few feet from the cold concrete floor, he tossed the others the bananas he had stolen. Dinner. They tossed the peels behind their back onto a large pile of banana peels that they had allready eaten. As he slinked over to the abandoned subway door, his talons clinking on the concrete, he too tossed the banana peel over his shoulder, and flopped onto one of the creeky, moldy seats that they used for a couch. He grabed the makeshift remote, and with a loud sizzle, zapped on the tv they had raided out of a dumpster. He flipped on the news, probably to see if the reporters discovered what they had done to the police station. As if on quie, (thats probably spelled wrong) his older brother Lightning arrived, sliding down the rope attached to the ceiling to the floor. He had toilet paper trailing out of his backpack, and had egg splattered on his face. Just then there was a news flash, or a monkey hanging 10, because the screen was so fuzzy, he couldn't tell. Just then Lightning, a Kyrii, flopped onto the sofa next to him.Carryinga letter of some sort. "Yo Free, this came for you." Lighting handed him the letter. "Wha? But we never get no mail! How the hell did they know where my crib is?" "Dunno man, this punk just go runnin' past me like some pansy and chuck dit at me!" Freefall ripped open the letter and read it. "Dear young one, due to the upcoming war, all 10 year old neopets will be sent to training camp, to be trained to go into battle as a recrute. We hope to see you soon. Sincer..." He crumpled up the letter, chewed it up, placed into a hollowed out giant pixi stick, and spit it at his younger sister, a lime green grarrl, Zebudar. She grabbed the wad out of her long dark hair, and thew it on the ground. Freefall chuckled, and Zebudar took the opertunity to return fire. She hit popped it right into his mouth, causing him to gag and spit it out at a lamp, knocking it over and breaking it. Freefall growled disgustingly at Zebudar, as she smirked happily and returned to polishing her claws. The next morning, Freefall woke up, Lighting's paw stretched over his face. As he opened up his sleep crud encrusted eyes, he saw Zebudar staring straight at him, a large blue party hat atop her head. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUTTPIE!!!!!!!!"

12-03-2002, 02:55 AM
tybie_odd
Fuzzle

: Aug 2001
: Riverside, California, USA
: 144
tybie_odd  (10)

... ... ! Yeah, this is great! Write more, Oddling, write more!
My RP cc's: Smudge | Jayne | Vince | Correl

12-03-2002, 04:50 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Oh my! This is so kool! Great! More more!

12-04-2002, 10:03 PM
Kesiah
Sniper Wasp

: Jun 2002
: In my Soul Room. Occasionally found on Fanfiction.net
: 274
Kesiah  (10)

This is shaping up to be another one of your great stories Oddling. Hope you got some more where that came from.
I am a Yaoist. If you have a problem with this, tell someone else.
Author of "Quest for the Can Opener" And several other fics. See them at Fanfiction.net!

12-12-2002, 12:20 AM
oddling
Clakker Relic Miner

oddling  (10)

Sorry I'm late guys! I was grounded : S

Chapter 3

Caolite was splashing in the ocean. Evil Darigans surounded him. He tried fighting them off but there were too many. He just kept sinking..and sinking..and...."Bleck! Haole, get off of me!" He snapped out of his bad dream, and discovered the wet feeling was just Haole licking his face. As he glanced at his alarm clock, which he had drawn an evil face on and called it his Aunt Mary, and noticed it was 6:30 am. The officers would be there soon to pick him up. The bit of joy he had left in him dissintigrated, and he was left with an empty hole. He limped out of bed and to the dresser. He slapped on some sandals, his Hawaiian t shirt, and some khaki shorts, and his favorite pair of sunglasses. He grabbed a trunk from underneath his little bed, and stuffed his items in, which included some clothes, food for himself and Haole, his stuffed Gelert named Mr. Shnuffly, and one very valuble possesion. An ancient Lupe wand, passed down from his ancestors thousands of years ago. It was origionally used in the battledome by ancient shammans as a powerful freezing item, so since he was going into war.......duh! He swipped a toaster strudel out of the freezer, and warmed it up somewhat. Just as he was taking a bite, there was a knock on the door. He cracked it open, and discovered two Chias dressed in black with ear sets, who where probably gettign neck strains from lookign up at him. "Are you Caolite?" The yellow one said. "We need you to come with us son, you're training starts tomorrow." He grabbed his bags and whistled for Haole to come. They lead him to a gargantuan jumbo jet, which seemed a bit extreme for just bringing some kids to a camp. He flopped down in an empty seat all the way in the back. He noticed there were soem little paper baggies lined with plastic. He quistioned the pilot about them. "Oh those are barf bags, in case you hack from air sickness." "Air sickness? Why didn't anyone tell me abou....." The plane lurched forward, and blasted off the ground faster than he expected. He grabbed the barf bag, and suddenly, was tasting last night's twinkey again......

12-12-2002, 04:12 AM
tybie_odd
Fuzzle

: Riverside, California, USA
: 144
tybie_odd  (10)

What happens next? What will their training be like?
Keep it up, Oddling!
My RP cc's: Smudge | Jayne | Vince | Correl

12-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Kesiah
Sniper Wasp

Kesiah  (10)
Wired

Yo Oddling! Were's the next bit! I wanna read some more...and stuff....
*Kes poketh the topic*
......still nothing......
*Kes poketh the topic mightly!*
............That one usually works..........
*gasp!*
The topics dead!!
*grabs zappy thingys....oh yeah, paddles*
CLEAR!
*ZAPP!!!!*
....nothing...... hmmmm....
*grabs Munch, shoves a can of zap down his throat*
CLEAR!!!
*aims Munch's headport at the topic*
BZZAPP!!!
Author of "Quest for the Can Opener" And several other fics. See them at Fanfiction.net!

12-22-2002, 11:37 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I didnt notice this story. But I remember how much I enjoyed the knuckle head chronicles. SO I know Im not going to be dissapointed with this story. So far keep up the good work Oddling. And this will be another Oddling original I know it will. So keep up your good work and update it soon please.

-Al the Vykker FC Mod
01-01-2003, 01:55 AM
oddling
Clakker Relic Miner

oddling  (10)

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *heart moniter is still flat* Hmm..... *changes batteries in it and it works fine* It lives! *music plays and light shines on it*

Chapter 4

Freefall jumped nearly two feet in the air, screaming a high pitched yelp. Zebudar fell on the ground laughing uncontolably, waving her clawed digit at him. "You dork! Hahaha! You scream like a girl! Even I don't scream like a girl, and I am a girl! Hahahha!" She held her stomach and laughed histarically again . "Shaddap Zebudar!" Freefall glared at her viciously, then put an end to her laughing, by stuffing one of Lightning's old gym socks in her mouth. She coughed it up and immediatly ran to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Freefall snickered and started searching for something to eat. He found an old bagle under the sofa cushion, and scarfed it down. Well what were you expecting him to eat?! Real food?! No one eats breakfast anymore! Lightning started to stirr from his odd position on the sofa. When he opened his eyes, he was surprised to discover himself with no feeling in his toes, probably because they were straight up in the air, and he was standing on his head. Lightning toppled over on his back with a loud thud, and wearily got up on his feet. Suddenly there was a knock on the door......wait wha? " Yo Lightning! Get the door!" Shouted Zebudar. "Freefall, get da door!" "Zeb! Get dah door!" There was a moment of silence until it finally sunk in, that they never had visitors before. "......WHAT THE HELL?!?!" They shouted simultaniously. They all ran for the door and opened it, to find two Chias that looked they just just came from the seen of MIB, with nasty looking blasters pointed at each of their heads. "We need the one named Freefall322." Said one of the bad ass Chias. " Thas me, whatchu want dogg?" Replied Freefall. "It is to our knowledge that today is your 10th birthday. We need you to come with us for training." "Training? For what?! Free's stayin' with us!" Lightning threatened the Chias with his fist, only to have them point their blasters at him again. Zebudar grabed him, and he lowered his arm. All three of them glared fiercly at the Chias, waiting for soemone to answer them if Freefall was to be sent away, or to stay at home. There was a long silence that seemed to last for hours when finally, Lightning spoke. "Okay, he'll go, but I don't want you guys nagging us to buy stuff you're trying to sell." "Thank you for your cooperation. We understand this is hard, but the war is running us ragged. We need all the help we can get." The green on took Freefall by the hand and started to lead him to the helicopter, when he started to struggle. Freefall tried running back inside, he didn't want to go to soem dumb boot camp. He wanted to hang out with his friends, with no responcibilities exept eat, sleep, breath, and wipe you're own bottom. He ran as fast as he could, back to his life, the Chias were in hot persuit, but they knew they couldn't out run a Scorchio. One of them drew out a long dart gun, and aimed carefully at Freefall. He shot him in the base of the neck, the dart's tranqulizers working almost immediatly. He started to get tired and slow down as his vision became blury. In no time, he was unconsious. About an hour later, he woke up in a gigantic plane, next to Lupe, who's face would have been green, if that weren't allready what color his fur was. The Lupe had a little baggie close to his mouth, and every now and then, chunks would fly out. Freefall grimaced at the Lupe, and scanned the area that he was in. He saw many different Neopets, of many colors, a few of them with the same problem as the Lupe next to him. Or course he didn't get air sick, he was a Scorchio, Scorchios were born fliers. He scooted a little bit away from the Lupe and sat lazily. "Damn this is a big plane..." He whispered to himself. Since he was so bored and there were no other activities at the moment, he decided to start a conversation with the sick Lupe next to him. "So uh......yous allright man?" The Lupe looked at him and put down the baggie. "Yeah I'm fine, this is my first time flying." He replied. "Err..... my brother told me if you get airsick, chewing gum helps." He reached in his pocket and got a peice of juicy fruit out. "Thanks man, say, whats your name?" "The names Freefall, me and my big bro and lil sis live in an old subway in the city. How 'bout you dogg?" "My names Caolite. I'm from Mystery Island. I used to have a family, but they died when I was little. Now all I got is Haole." A little blue Anubis barked at his feet. "I never knew my parents. They tried to sell me off at the pound., but I busted outta that joint. It smelled like pee." Caolite paused for a moment. "I remember you. I was in the pound too when you escaped. They were going to fry you because no one bought you for almost a year. They stopped feeding you and eventually just gave up." Freefall stared at him for a second, but instead of his usual glare full of toughness and ruthlessness, it was more like he was thinking about soemthing that happened long ago, somethign that he had seen that he didn't want to. It was full of wisdom and experience, more than gangster. But it soon faded as he snapped back to reality. "Yeah, that was me. My homies helped me out though. We saved alot of other neopets that were headed for the deep fryer too. Wasn't that easy, but we got a few kids out. We got my big bro, and my lil sis.......but...we didn't get my other bro......they grabbed him and ran him off to the giant bug zapper before we could do anything..... they say someone got him though. I just hope the pound rumor is true for once...." He stared at the fround for a moment, until Caolite broke the silence. "I remember that whole thing. Some Kyrii tried to get me out, but they grabbed me before he could get me out. I thought they were gonna zap me, but instead, someone had bought me. It's a real blur, but I remember a little bit." The memories started flooding back to him. Him, Lightning and Zebudar had caused a major break out in the pound that day. At that moment, the plane landed with a lurch, and the pilot came on the speaker. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have just loanded in the Meridell training camp, you may now remove your safety belts, and are free to move around the cabin. Please form a single file line out the door and into the airport. We hope you enjoyed your flight, and have a great time."

01-01-2003, 11:09 PM
Kesiah
Sniper Wasp

Kesiah  (10)

Yay! Oddling wrote some more!!! *dances*
Munch: Owwww......my head.....
Kes: Go beat up Abe, I'm sure you'll feel better.
Mistoffelees: Who's Oddling?
Kes: What are you doing here?! I thought I left you in the CATS forums!
Misto: This place is more interesting. Plus you said I had to stick around to help with your stories for CATS. So I'm sticking.
Kes: Oh well, it could be worse...