01-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)
Confrontation...

*Setting: Sun beamed down upon the ground, the tree's hid in the shadow of the Orkhid building. The barracks. It was two storeys high and built from metal and stone. It was part of another Orkhid complex that was 1.5 miles West. The barracks had everything, from vehicles to high velocity/powered weapons. That and around 75-100 highly trained Orkhid troops. All of them were either sat or stood outside. Chairs had been positioned infront of a raised wooden platform. It held a small desk and microphone. The General of the main complex was behind it. He was giving a speech to the hordes of Orkhid soldiers who were preparing to take over a Reptilian infested woodland. His face was a slight gray and he had a hint of a mustache. He wore a pair of black shades and a Generals cap and uniform, graced with medals and other honoury garments for his braveness during the Reptilian-Orkhid war. The uniform was the customery black and red. The red being the silky inside. The Troops sat intently, listening to their brave speaker encourage them and inspire them.*

General: "...And then it was just me. And Goddammit, i wasted those muthaf*ckers on the spot. They didn't stand a chance. I tell you this so that when your out numbered two to one. Twenty to one...or even ONE HUNDRED to one. Not to give up, and to have courage. Now, go over there and sort those f*ck stains out...!!"

He clenched his fist and raised it in the air, encouraging the listeners to stand up and cheer. He smiled and adjusted his sunglasses, backing away from the microphone proud. The low rumbling of a jeep could be heard and as the Troopers dispersed the Generals attention was diverted to that. Driving it was his right-hand man. He climbed out, leaving the engine running, and pushed through the crowd. He was a skinny being, with a Bird-like face. His nose was beak-shaped and his eyes gray and beedy.

General: "What is it?"

He stepped down the wooden, mud-stained steps and walked upto his frantic companion.

Assistant: "Sir...Sir!! Lieutenant Gradmeirr is in your office, he wishes to divulge some infomation about the...ahem...project."

He whispered the last word, his eyes shifting to the Commandors who had invited the General to the speaking. They were stood a couple of feet behind him, their backs straight, heads high and arms down by their sides.

General: "Ok, ok. I'll be right there...you can drive me. Hold on."

He turned around and smiled at the three Commandors, holding his hand out and shaking them by the hands.

General: "Its been a pleasure, i hope we can claim that woodland from those cold-blooded, flesh-mongers."

They each nodded a proud agreement and then saluted. Turning away and marching towards the barracks. The General turned to the Jeep and began walking towards it, eager to hear about the news that was awaiting him.

13 minutes later;

The General walked down the corridor towards his office, each Orkhid he passed saluted him. His cohort was behind him, trying to keep up as he seemingly flew through the corridor. He turned into a corridor that was graced with hanging pictures of past Generals, some of whom were now with the Orkhid council. There were two seats next to the Generals door, the informer was not sat on either of them. Stopping the General turned his head.

General: "You let him in...?"

Assistant: "He...He, he asked. He had infomation...i didn't kno..."

His superior raised a hand, signalling for him to stop talking. He obeyed.

General: "Sit."

He pointed to one of the seats, ordering his lackey to sit. He then proceeded upto his door. It was wooden, with a gold handle and a five gold stars near the top. He gently opened the door.

General: "Lieutenant."

The lower ranking officer turned his body around. He was sat in a seat infront of the Generals desk. The room was a clean one, with shelves to the right and windows to the left. The blinds were half closed and thus allowing only a certain amount of light in. The floor was a dark green colour. On the desk sat a small lamp, pens and documents.

Lieutenant: "General, a pleasure."

He didn't rise but merely stayed seated. The General stepped around his desk, picked up the folders and placed them in a filing cabinet which was situated next to his chair. He then sat down. The chair was large and purple. It was also a swivel one. He leaned forward, causing his chair to squeak, and placed his hands on the desk, his fingers interlinked.

Lieutenant: "We're inside, sir. Dont you want to take off your sunglass'?"

The Lieutenants face was long and stretched. His cheeks were sunken and his brows high. He was dressed in a black and red uniform. The seems being red and the rest black. His cap was placed on his lap. His highly polished black boots seemed to reflect their surroundings. His grey hair was turning pure white and his eyes were a dazzling green.

General: "I'm fine as i am...Lieutenant."

He seemed to growl the last word.

General: "What is it you want to speak to me about...?"

The Lieutenant smirked and raised his left hand. Immediatly the sunglass' flew into them. Revealing the Generals pure, white eyes. Smirking the lower ranked Orkhid then casted them down in front of him. Stamping on them and listening to the satisfying 'crunch'.

Lieutenant: *Translated* "Lets not play games, Arias. Let me do my job and go home..."

He spoke in a strange language, it was like nothing known to Mudos...or beyond for that matter. The General rubbed his face and sat back, taking his cap off to reveal a bald head with a few stray hairs.

General: "You can still change, still stop what he's planning to do...All you have to do is join me."

Standing the Lieutenant shook his head slowly. He placed his cap back on his head and then placed his right hand in his black uniform.

Lieutenant: "You know i cant do that. I'm not like you, i'm not a deserter..."

He slowly pulled out a 9mm pistol and pointed it at the seated General.

Lieutenant: "Make it easier for me..."

General: "You know i cant do that..."

*Setting: With a quick and sly shove the General had pushed the table into the armed Lieutenant. The Orkhid staggered backwards and fell into his chair. With a quick hand gesture from the General the chair and the Orkhid had both fell backwards. The gun rolled out of the Lieutenants hands, allowing the General to snatch it up. He held it in his hands, examining it.*

General: "Such a primitive weapon, dont you agree...?"

The Lieutenant stood up, brushing himself down.

Lieutenant: "Even if you do rid me from this...this Hell-hole, there are others. We are already developing the backup plan as we speak. You cant win Arias, you cant..."

He laughed and looked out of the window.

Lieutenant: "As soon as your gone, all that you ever fought for will be extinguished."

A knocking came from the door, followed by the assistants voice.

Assistant: "Erm, sir...Sir are you two ok in there?"

The Lieutenants head turned.

General: "Yes, leave us. Go down to the office and do some paperwork or something..."

Assistant: "I-I dont have any, si..."

General: "JUST GO...!!"

Turning back the Lieutenant smirked and shook his head in disappointment.

Lieutenant: "You fool, you think he would try and save you if he knew what you was. Why do you want to help these Dimension Dwellers anyway, what do they have to offer our kind...?"

The General sighed and aimed the gun at the Lieutenants left eye.

General: "They are life itself..."

Lieutenant: "THEY ARE AN EXPERIMENT THAT GOT OUT OF CONTROL...!! THEY NEED TO BE CONTAINED, THEY HAVE SPREAD THEMSELVES, MULTIPLIED, CREATED ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSES DEDICATED TO THEIR DESTRUCTIVE LIFESTYLES!! THEY ARE NOT LIFE, THEY ARE THE DEFINITION OF DEATH...ALL OF THEM!!"

Spittle flew out of his mouth as he stated this, his finger waving menacingly and his body tense.
*Gunshot*
The bullet flew through the air, stopping millimetres away from the eye of the Lieutenant.

Lieutenant: "Idiot..."

The bullet dropped to the ground.

Lieutenant: "Now they'll be alerted and then what? You lie to them...? Again?"

General: "I'll go back an hour...I'll go back to before whenever you got a hold of this mortal..."

Lieutenant: "And you think that will help? It will only bide your time. Soon the great Lord will be sending down The Four. Then what will you do? Eh? Try and kill them...?"

The Lieutenant stepped forwards, snarling his poisonous words.

General: *Translated* "Goodbye, Lance..."

*Setting: The General span around, executing a round-house, high kick with his right foot (thus spinning clockwise). His hard boot connected with the Lieutenants face, forcing him to turn left. Blood flew out of his mouth and spattered on the window and blinds. He then manouvered himself so that he was behind the Lieutenant. He grasped the Orkhids hair and pushed him forwards and into the window, putting the gun to the back of the Lieutenants head he fired. The bullet entered from the back and exited through his right eye. The Orkhid screamed and tried to move but he was pushed up too tightly against the window.
*Boooooosh*
The sound was like a quietend hover car engine. A stream of light shot from the eye of the creature. It was a mixture of white and sky blue and went through the window, not shattering it however...but causing it to ripple like water. The Lieutenant cried out in his native tongue as the light exiting caused the area around the eye to blacken and burn.
*Gunshot*
The other eye was then blown out and yet another stream of light escaped from the being. The face around the eyes slowly began to burn and blacken as more and more light escaped from the eyes. Gradually the face of the Sarraphin Lance came into view and as the burning of the rest of the body continued, so the body of Lance was apparant. His wings broke out of the Lieutenants uniform, sending the General staggering backwards. The uniform was then demolished even further as the burning of the skin ignited it in an instant, causing it to flash up into flame and then fall to the ground, sizzling. Lance's body was seemingly stiffened as his essence escaped. Even his screams had subsided. Now his real face began to burn off, muffled cries were emitted from him as his black skin peeled away, uncovering a glowing white interior. Glowing cracks opened up on his chest and back and his wing feathers slowly floated to the ground, disintergrating before hitting the floor. His wing bones snapped and, they too, fell to the ground. Shrinking into nothing but ash. The General bowed his head as the large beast slowly died. Flakes of his skin glided down to the ground and when most of it was off he was like a large, Sarraphin shaped lightbulb. And as the glow increased in intensity the figure slowly got thinner and thinner. 'Til there was nothing more left. Nothing but ash, ash and green contact lenses...*

A knock on the door disturbed the General in his moment of respect.

General: "What?"

Assistant: "Sir, you've been asked to give a speech at one of this complex's barracks. Should i say you except...?"

General: "Yes...tell them i'll do it..."

He heard his assistant scuttle down the corridor like some type of Cockroach.

General: "...again."

Useful links;
Accidental Arrival
Graced...
Cross-Over...

~End~

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

Last edited by Jacob; 08-26-2003 at 04:27 AM..