10-20-2011, 01:43 PM
LIJI
Howler Punk

: Mar 2007
: Israel
: 318
LIJI  (206)LIJI  (206)LIJI  (206)
Exoddus Switch Helper/Trainer

I was in an Oddworldy mood and made this cool little tool.

Background
Abe's Exoddus (and Oddysee) have an array of boolean values called Switches, also called Triggers and Paul's and my level editors. Their method of working is pretty simple: a lever object, for example, can modify a specific ID by turning it on, off, or toggling it. Another object, such as a meat grinder, can read the value of a switch and change its behavior based on its value (Stop or start).

Abe's Exoddus has 3 types of switches:

Local switches (0-235): They are usually path specific switches that are used in simple scenarios such as a lever/slam door combo. They are the most common ones. On some path transitions they are all reset back to 0. (It depends on the settings of the object causing the transition. (Door/Well/Level Transist Object))

Global switches (236-255): They work just like the local switches, but do not reset on level transitions. They are used in the electric fences in FeeCo Depot.

Super-global switches (30,000-30256?): Not deeply investigated yet, but they are used in the doors of FeeCo Depot. Any switch with an ID greater than 255 is a super global.

What is Exoddus Switch Helper

ESH is a small trainer that works with the first two types of switches, and it's designed to help level developers and reverse engineers work with toggles. Once it starts it picks the exoddus.exe process and records any change in the switches. It also allows the user to modify them from the GUI, or in real time while playing via keyboard shortcuts. It also modifies the DDCheat debug text (That cyan text in the top left corner) to display the ID of the most recently changed switch, and its status.

ESH can also be used for many funny tricks you can do in game, but finding them yourself is part of the fun!

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ExoddusSwitch.zip (537.2 , 411 views)

Last edited by LIJI; 10-20-2011 at 01:53 PM..
10-23-2011, 08:15 AM
kapteeni13
Super Stingbee

: Nov 2009
: X
: 491
kapteeni13  (404)kapteeni13  (404)kapteeni13  (404)kapteeni13  (404)kapteeni13  (404)

What program you used to make so cool trainer?

Anyways looking interesting... =)

10-23-2011, 08:33 AM
LIJI
Howler Punk

: Mar 2007
: Israel
: 318
LIJI  (206)LIJI  (206)LIJI  (206)

I used Clickteam's Multimedia Fusion 2, which allows you to quickly create applications without scripting. I also used it for the GUI in my old level editor (the important code was written in C++) and my save editor.

Edit:
Update: Some (if not all) of the global switches are automatically enabled and disabled by a combination of one or more super-global switches. For example, the switch for the electric wall connected to Bonewerkz which guards FeeCo Ender is enabled (i.e. wall is off) if the Visited Bonewerkz super-global is on, but disabled when the Visited Feeco Ender super-global is off. This switch is calculated on request, i.e. when the an object using this switch is loaded to the screen.

Last edited by LIJI; 10-23-2011 at 10:36 AM..