Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion > Oddworld Mods & Hacks

04-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Strnadik
Stingbee

: Apr 2014
: Czech Republic
: 87
Strnadik  (100)Strnadik  (100)

It just sounds.. a bit off :/ Whaddaya think?
But that's expected.. it's AE sound.

04-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Fischkopf
Fuzzle

: Nov 2009
: Germany
: 149
Fischkopf  (87)

It's just a little out of place, but I think if you hadn't played Exoddus you wouldn't even notice it. A nice addition would be to add the alternative laugh as well, and making him switch between the two randomly.
04-05-2015, 07:50 AM
Varrok
Wolvark Grenadier

: Jun 2009
: Beartopia
: 7,301
Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)

Try lowering the pitch, maybe it'll sound closer to AO
04-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Nepsotic
8===========D~

: Aug 2011
: 5,425
Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)

:
It's just a little out of place, but I think if you hadn't played Exoddus you wouldn't even notice it. A nice addition would be to add the alternative laugh as well, and making him switch between the two randomly.
If you're going to use the AE "All o' ya" then you may as well just use all the AE sounds.

04-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Fischkopf
Fuzzle

: Nov 2009
: 149
Fischkopf  (87)

:
If you're going to use the AE "All o' ya" then you may as well just use all the AE sounds.
That would be a possibility of course, although the Oddysee voices has much more nostalgic value, at least to me.
04-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Strnadik
Stingbee

:
Nah it's still AO remake, not AE.

Also, I discovered that the VO_Abe.bnk breaks mudokon natives whistles, aaaand that's baaad news for me. I have to assemble SFX.bnk from scratch, aaaaaaaand that's pure hell. All footsteps, drops, impacts, and other stuff in ONE bnk, and I have to manually do it all over again ;_; BUT that means I can also change chant sound, and that's actually worth it.

http://puu.sh/h2Vi5/621ccbcf5e.png

This, but about 8x, from scratch in Wwise. Oh well, wish me luck.

EDIT:
Progressing better than I thought but it's gonna get tough.

A bit of cheer-up for All'oya : https://clyp.it/gcqfnln2

Last edited by Strnadik; 04-06-2015 at 06:40 AM..
04-06-2015, 08:23 AM
Strnadik
Stingbee

So it seems that it's unfixable without days/weeks of work (silent whistles of mud natives) but there's an easy solution for that, I'll quote myself from Steam forums:

:
It looks like I can't fix 2 simple sounds without redoing something that'd take days/weeks of work. And I am really not sure if that's worth it because it's really pure hell to do it all from scratch, and the motivation is gone when you realize it's only for 2 silly whistle sounds of mud natives

On the bright side, it's easy to see what they are whistling. If they put their hands up and there's more notes, it's the upper whistle. If he has his hands down and there's only 2 notes, it's the deeper whistle. I am sorry people but if this is the only BIG problem, this is the solution.

Good news: I fixed the laugh and Alloya sound. Here's the update!:

https://mega.co.nz/#!XYBCiCoS!9D1k5z...1uz4OgH55XOMBY

04-08-2015, 02:48 AM
knot-together
Zappfly

: Feb 2015
: 7
knot-together  (10)

Hi Strnadik,

good job. I know how boring/hard it is to manage/rename/add Events into a new Soundbank with Wwise.

I want to translate the voice of Abe into German(original german voice from Oddworld Abe's Exoddus)
I am also trying to automate the soundbank creation in Wwise for a better workflow.
But I still don't understand the correct structure.
Can you upload a Wwise Project file with working soundbank like VO_Abe ?

I use Wwise v2013.2.9. Thx

Last edited by knot-together; 04-08-2015 at 03:49 AM..
04-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Strnadik
Stingbee

Actually, that's exactly what's goldenboy trying to do, and he's really succesful so far, Abe and Sligs are speaking in german already and even the cutscenes are in german. Goldenboy's the guy who helped me alot with all this Wwise stuff.

Anyway, here's the proj file: https://mega.co.nz/#!iBwDWZDB!VQXDSj...44Gsu-QAus8ZmE

04-08-2015, 08:01 AM
knot-together
Zappfly

: 7
knot-together  (10)

Hi Strnadik,

thx for the fast answer. With GoldenBoy i was also talking in a german Forum. Very helpfull.
Okay it was a missunderstanding.
For understanding the Wwise structure for "New N Tasty" i need the full Project folder.
Only the Project-file is not enough.
I Know you do a lot of work and maybe you dont want to share your "source"work.

So i start coding a little tool that rename the extracted wav files and add the description. Maybe i can generate the needed Wwise-stuff on the flow.
So i need to know the structure

Rename from ID.wav to ID-Soundname.wav
My tool use the original SoundbanksInfo.xml and search the ID and copy the realname of file
I thing it would be easier to work with Wwise to create "events" with the rigth name .
1. extract(RavioliGameTools_v2.8) a bnk-file in a folder of your choise(Wav) tested with VO_Abe.bnk
2. copy original SoundbanksInfo.xml in the same folder
3. copy my tool in the same folder http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/0wJVrw9r/file.html
4. start the tool and wait for the full progressbar

Now you can easier create the events and replace the files with classic sounds

04-08-2015, 09:57 PM
EVP_Glukkon
Boombat

: Aug 2009
: Australia
: 235
EVP_Glukkon  (488)EVP_Glukkon  (488)EVP_Glukkon  (488)EVP_Glukkon  (488)EVP_Glukkon  (488)

I really admire the dedication displayed here, this is some great stuff. Fantastic work!

04-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Strnadik
Stingbee

:
Hi Strnadik,

thx for the fast answer. With GoldenBoy i was also talking in a german Forum. Very helpfull.
Okay it was a missunderstanding.
For understanding the Wwise structure for "New N Tasty" i need the full Project folder.
Only the Project-file is not enough.
I Know you do a lot of work and maybe you dont want to share your "source"work.

So i start coding a little tool that rename the extracted wav files and add the description. Maybe i can generate the needed Wwise-stuff on the flow.
So i need to know the structure

Rename from ID.wav to ID-Soundname.wav
My tool use the original SoundbanksInfo.xml and search the ID and copy the realname of file
I thing it would be easier to work with Wwise to create "events" with the rigth name .
1. extract(RavioliGameTools_v2.8) a bnk-file in a folder of your choise(Wav) tested with VO_Abe.bnk
2. copy original SoundbanksInfo.xml in the same folder
3. copy my tool in the same folder http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/0wJVrw9r/file.html
4. start the tool and wait for the full progressbar

Now you can easier create the events and replace the files with classic sounds
Hello again! This time, it's not a quick answer. I am sorry, I wasn't at home during the weekend, but I am back now! I haven't tested your program yet but I will, very soon, I am in a bit of a rush now. It sounds really promising and I think it will really help me. Thanks!

04-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Shrykull43
Thudslug

: United States
: 169
Shrykull43  (60)

Strnadik,
You're kind of the greatest

04-19-2015, 01:57 AM
Strnadik
Stingbee

:
Strnadik,
You're kind of the greatest
Awww, that really warms my heart! I'm glad to be a part of Oddworld community, and I'm not planning to stop modding NnT or next OWI/JAW games.

04-21-2015, 06:19 AM
Stan.
Zappfly

: Aug 2008
: Amsterdam, Holland
: 3
Stan.  (10)

I just want to say that I love you.

I've only gotten to the Stockyards and then I stopped playing because I found the experience unbearable. The sound was a huge factor in that, thanks to these mods I might actually be able to play the game.
05-16-2015, 12:19 PM
bestnewplayer
Zappfly

: May 2015
: greece
: 2
bestnewplayer  (10)

Strnadik,
Thank you for your hard work,I would like to know about how far have you gone about
the sound and if there is possibility to have in our hands the last version of them until september
05-17-2015, 06:42 AM
Strnadik
Stingbee

Hey there! Goldenboy came up with genius solution to some of the problems, and basically a solution for "chanting" sound. I am not 100% sure I fully know how, but he's got it right. He's working on a full conversion to german language, and meanwhile, I'm just trying to bring back old classics. Here's the solution mail :http://puu.sh/hQAMl/afb94f47b7.png

I've been really REEEALLY busy (and not only because of GTA V as you can see in the mail), I'm gonna be in England for 1 month (basically Student Exchange) and I've got alot of things to do before leaving. So I can't promise anything but I'll look back into this soon. Have a nice day!

05-17-2015, 08:23 AM
bestnewplayer
Zappfly

: May 2015
: greece
: 2
bestnewplayer  (10)

Thank you for your fast answer.Dont push your self,I am in college and its hard about time
so take your time,keep the good work and bring back whole pachage of nostalgia