03-14-2015, 07:29 PM
goldenboy
Zappfly

: Mar 2015
: Germany
: 5
goldenboy  (10)

:
Now I matched file ID of the bank AND of the event to play Abe's voice, but I can't make my vo_abe_alloya_01 ID same as in the original bank, I am so close to a solution but now it decides to not work
Don't try to make your file id same as in the original bank, try viceversa instead and make the file ID from original bank same as the one from your vo_abe_alloya_01 ID.

Try this sample I uploaded here http://ul.to/pvp4x6t3. Substitute the soundBankInfo.xml and the VO_Abe.bnk files from your game install dir with the ones from the sample and start the game. Abe should now spell your own soundfx instead of follow me, if you hit the right key arrow.
03-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Strnadik
Stingbee

: Apr 2014
: Czech Republic
: 87
Strnadik  (100)Strnadik  (100)

What about the events? I made my bnk with play_vox_abe_greet_many which has event "Play", but it is still silent ingame. Your example worked, and I am amazed! Thank you for your contribution!

Edit: Could you add me on Steam? http://steamcommunity.com/id/strnadik/

Edit 2: It's still silent, and I don't know why.

1)I launched Wwise
2)I imported .wav file (44100) to Actor-Mixer, and set the convertion to Vorbis High Quality. 3)Then, I added an event called play_vox_abe_follow_me which had "Play" instruction.
4)I created a soundbank called VO_Abe
5)I added those 2 things to the soundbank
6)I exported soundbank
7)I copied bnk into NnT and pasted my ID of the sound into vo_abe_followme_03 ID
And it's silent ;_;

Last edited by Strnadik; 03-16-2015 at 06:33 AM..
03-16-2015, 09:22 AM
goldenboy
Zappfly

goldenboy  (10)

Can you upload your created soundbanksINfo.xml ?
I'm gonna take a look at it to see, what you're doing wrong..

I'm planning on making a little tutorial on how you can substitute original sound with your own sound with wwise. Maybe it would be much easier to understand then..
03-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Strnadik
Stingbee

:
Can you upload your created soundbanksINfo.xml ?
I'm gonna take a look at it to see, what you're doing wrong..

I'm planning on making a little tutorial on how you can substitute original sound with your own sound with wwise. Maybe it would be much easier to understand then..
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8s...se_problem.rar

I included SoundBanksInfo.xml, the Wwise output SoundBanksInfo.xml and VO_Abe.bnk. Can I contact you anywhere else?

03-16-2015, 10:32 AM
goldenboy
Zappfly

goldenboy  (10)

Just pm me.
03-16-2015, 10:49 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

I'm very interested bringing some of the original sound back into NnT so if someone could make a tutorial on how to do it. It would be amazing

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025

03-16-2015, 11:21 AM
goldenboy
Zappfly

goldenboy  (10)

:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8s...se_problem.rar

I included SoundBanksInfo.xml, the Wwise output SoundBanksInfo.xml and VO_Abe.bnk.
Before you try to do anything, you have to get sure, that the structure of your created soundbankinfo.xml, looks the same than original soundbankinfo.xml.

Look here, the structure of original VO_Abe soundbankinfo.xml looks like this:

Your created VO_Abe soundbankinfo.xml looks like this:

In your created soundbank, there are missing IncludedDialogueEvents, ReferencedStreamedFiles, IncludedFullFiles, IncludedPrefetchFiles and ExternalSources.

In order you get the same structure, first try using another, older Version of Wwise. I experimented a bit with older versions, until i got my created soundbank structure with same structure of original VO_Abe soundbank. I'm using v2013.2.9. Try with that version first of all, to get the right base.

Last edited by goldenboy; 03-16-2015 at 11:30 AM..
03-16-2015, 12:18 PM
Strnadik
Stingbee

:
Before you try to do anything, you have to get sure, that the structure of your created soundbankinfo.xml, looks the same than original soundbankinfo.xml.

Look here, the structure of original VO_Abe soundbankinfo.xml looks like this:

Your created VO_Abe soundbankinfo.xml looks like this:

In your created soundbank, there are missing IncludedDialogueEvents, ReferencedStreamedFiles, IncludedFullFiles, IncludedPrefetchFiles and ExternalSources.

In order you get the same structure, first try using another, older Version of Wwise. I experimented a bit with older versions, until i got my created soundbank structure with same structure of original VO_Abe soundbank. I'm using v2013.2.9. Try with that version first of all, to get the right base.
I spent whole DAYS trying to solve this, absolutely whole days since the release, and now, a simple change in versions made it work!!! Oh man I love you, I officially love you, you solved all my problems. May the Big Face guide you.

03-16-2015, 01:24 PM
goldenboy
Zappfly

goldenboy  (10)

Lol, yep, thanks. I'm glad I could help you.