Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Help

Old 06-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)
Default New 'n' Tasty Controller settings

I want to play NnT in Linux with a PS3 controller. By default only the joysticks worked, clicking them in to select and cancel. I eventually found the CFG files and the readme (which could have been better signposted, by the way) and set it up so that most of the buttons work fine. For some reason, the D-Pad isn't working for GameSpeak, though.

Looking at the given CFG for the Xbox controller, it looks like the D-pad is a jockstick. Is that the only way that controller setup can work? Is there a way to get button D-pads set up to do gamespeak?

Old 06-13-2015, 01:44 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)

You most probably can. Although you can bind the whole dpad as one entry, you should be able to bind the individual directions (up, down, left, right), using the single axis name (something like Axis 1-, Axis 2+ etc.). I'm not sure what they're named using your controller.

That said, I've never messed with NnT's CFG file, because fuck JAW for not implementing such necessary and basic function as rebinding Gamepad buttons.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
You most probably can. Although you can bind the whole dpad as one entry, you should be able to bind the individual directions (up, down, left, right), using the single axis name (something like Axis 1-, Axis 2+ etc.). I'm not sure what they're named using your controller.
They're just buttons, though. When you look at the controller in the Steam settings, they're listed as buttons and not axes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
That said, I've never messed with NnT's CFG file, because fuck JAW for not implementing such necessary and basic function as rebinding Gamepad buttons.
This. Very this. Also fuck them for not having consistency between the function names in the menu and in the CFG file. I have no idea what buttons to bind for what for some things. That is preschool-level HCI.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)

Oh, right. They're not axes. It should look like Pov1Up or something. My bad.

What I mean is you can bind the whole Dpad as a one thing. At least I could in my PC/PS3 Bootleg Wireless Controller, and that doesn't mean you can't do the same with the individual directions.

Last edited by Varrok; 06-13-2015 at 01:39 PM..