Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

04-24-2017, 06:43 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)
SoulStorm ARG - Spirit of 1029 - Photo 4

New tweets!

Full picture:

http://www.oddworld.com/soulstorm/findit.jpg

04-24-2017, 07:05 AM
artemisbot
Chippunk

: Feb 2017
: United Kingdom
: 32
artemisbot  (10)

The morse code in the bottom right:
:
..- ... . / .- / -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - / -.-. --- -.. . .-.-.- / - .... .. ... / .. ... / -. --- - / .-. . .-.. . ...- .- -. - / -.. .- - .- .-.-.- / -.. ---/ -. --- - / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. -.-- .-.-.- / -.. --- / -. --- - / --- -... . -.-- .-.-.- / - .... . -.-- / .-.. .. . .-.-.-
translates to:
:
USE A DIFFERENT CODE. THIS IS NOT RELEVANT DATA. DO NOT COMPLY. DO NOT OBEY. THEY LIE.

Twitter | Website | Steam
Moderator at GameDetectives
Join us in the #arg-oddworld-soulstorm channel on our Discord!

04-24-2017, 07:07 AM
Wiese
Zappfly

: Mar 2017
: Vienna, Austria
: 14
Wiese  (11)

I think we have work to do
https://twitter.com/OddworldInc/stat...18647824748544
04-24-2017, 07:13 AM
artemisbot
Chippunk

: United Kingdom
: 32
artemisbot  (10)

More text inside the actual file:
:
WE WERE TAUGHT THAT THIS IS ALL THERE WAS: WORK, OBEY, COMPLY. THE TRUTH WAS HIDDEN FROM US. OUR HISTORY WAS HIDDEN FROM US. WE WERE BRED TO WORK, RAISED TO OBEY AND FORCED TO COMPLY. OUR NATURAL CONNECTION TO MOTHER PLANET WAS ERASED FROM THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF OUR PEOPLE. LOST WAS OUR KNOWING. LOST WAS OUR UNITY, OUR CONNECTION, OUR POWER AND OUR PURPOSE. ALL THAT WE WERE WAS A COMMODITY TO BE TRADED AND EXPLOITED IN THE ONGOING RACE FOR MORE WEALTH. WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE PROTECTED, WE WERE TRICKED INTO KILLING. WHAT WAS WORST FOR US, WE WERE TOLD WAS BEST. WE WERE TAUGHT TO TRUST THOSE WHO WOULD DECEIVE US THE MOST. THAT HAS ALL CHANGED. THE HERO HAS SHOWN ALL OF US THAT OUR OPPRESSORS CAN BE TOPPLED. HE HAS FOUND OUR WILD AND KNOWING BROTHERS. HE HAS RECONNECTED THE FACTORY-BORN TO OUR NATURAL WORLD AND ANCIENT WAYS. HE HAS LIT A FIRE IN OUR HEARTS THAT CANNOT BE EXTINGUISHED. WE WILL GIVE HELP TO THOSE WHO ARE HELPLESS. WE WILL LEND STRENGTH TO THOSE WHO ARE WEAK. WE WILL FIGHT FOR THOSE WHO ARE DEFEATED. OUR MOVEMENT WILL SPREAD LIKE A RAGING INFERNO AND WE WILL TAKE BACK THE POWER FROM THOSE WHO HAVE ABUSED IT. WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY THE MEDIA CIRCUS. WE WILL NOT BE IGNORED. WE WILL NOT STOP. WE WILL NOT OBEY. WE WILL RISE AND WE WILL RISE AGAIN, UNTIL WE HAVE BURNED THROUGH OUR TATTERED BONDS AND RAZED THE MACHINE TO THE GROUND. WE WILL RISE. JOIN US. THERE'S A STORM COMING.
There's also a copy of the morse code in there too... I think they messed up making the file cause all of the text shown on the file is in there :P including the repeating:
:
...on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...
:
...work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply...
Additionally, there's some layer text called
:
fire air water earth
and
:
gas liquid solid

Twitter | Website | Steam
Moderator at GameDetectives
Join us in the #arg-oddworld-soulstorm channel on our Discord!

04-24-2017, 07:29 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

Nicely found! Looks like there are some copies of the fire air water earth layer:

:
fire air water earth copy
:
fire air water earth copy 2
EDIT:

Full layer code, I replaced the "<" and ">" characters by "-" so I could post it on the forums:

:

-photoshop:TextLayers- -rdf:Bag- 
-rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="use what you cant see" photoshop:LayerText="use what you cant see"/- 
-rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="WE WERE TAUGHT THAT THIS IS ALL THERE WAS: WORK, OBEY, COMPLY. " photoshop:LayerText="WE WERE TAUGHT THAT THIS IS ALL THERE WAS: WORK, OBEY, COMPLY.  THE TRUTH WAS HIDDEN FROM US. OUR HISTORY WAS HIDDEN FROM US. WE WERE BRED TO WORK, RAISED TO OBEY AND FORCED TO COMPLY.  OUR NATURAL CONNECTION TO MOTHER PLANET WAS ERASED FROM THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF OUR PEOPLE. LOST WAS OUR KNOWING. LOST WAS OUR UNITY, OUR CONNECTION, OUR POWER AND OUR PURPOSE. ALL THAT WE WERE WAS A COMMODITY TO BE TRADED AND EXPLOITED IN THE ONGOING RACE FOR MORE WEALTH. WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE PROTECTED, WE WERE TRICKED INTO KILLING. WHAT WAS WORST FOR US, WE WERE TOLD WAS BEST. WE WERE TAUGHT TO TRUST THOSE WHO WOULD DECEIVE US THE MOST.  THAT HAS ALL CHANGED.  THE HERO HAS SHOWN ALL OF US THAT OUR OPPRESSORS CAN BE TOPPLED. HE HAS FOUND OUR WILD AND KNOWING BROTHERS. HE HAS RECONNECTED THE FACTORY-BORN TO OUR NATURAL WORLD AND ANCIENT WAYS. HE HAS LIT A FIRE IN OUR HEARTS THAT CANNOT BE EXTINGUISHED.  WE WILL GIVE HELP TO THOSE WHO ARE HELPLESS. WE WILL LEND STRENGTH TO THOSE WHO ARE WEAK. WE WILL FIGHT FOR THOSE WHO ARE DEFEATED. OUR MOVEMENT WILL SPREAD LIKE A RAGING INFERNO AND WE WILL TAKE BACK THE POWER FROM THOSE WHO HAVE ABUSED IT.  WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY THE MEDIA CIRCUS. WE WILL NOT BE IGNORED. WE WILL NOT STOP. WE WILL NOT OBEY. WE WILL RISE AND WE WILL RISE AGAIN, UNTIL WE HAVE BURNED THROUGH OUR TATTERED BONDS AND RAZED THE MACHINE TO THE GROUND.  WE WILL RISE. JOIN US.  THEREĆ¢€™S A STORM COMING."/-
-rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="gas liquid solid" photoshop:LayerText="gas liquid solid"/- 
-rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="gas liquid solid copy" photoshop:LayerText="gas liquid solid"/-
-rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="morse" photoshop:LayerText="..- ... . / .- / -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - / -.-. --- -.. . .-.-.- / - .... .. ... / .. ... / -. --- - / .-. . .-.. . ...- .- -. - / -.. .- - .- .-.-.- / -.. --- / -. --- - / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. -.-- .-.-.- / -.. --- / -. --- - / --- -... . -.-- .-.-.- / - .... . -.-- / .-.. .. . .-.-.-"/-
-rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and " photoshop:LayerText="on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and stop"/- 
-rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey co" photoshop:LayerText="work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply work obey comply "/-
-rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="fire air water earth copy" photoshop:LayerText="fire air water earth"/-
-rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="fire air water earth copy 2" photoshop:LayerText="fire air water earth"/-
-rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="fire air water earth" photoshop:LayerText="fire air water earth"/- 
-/rdf:Bag- -/photoshop:TextLayers-

04-24-2017, 07:37 AM
TopHattedTime
Stingbee

: Jan 2017
: Finland
: 97
TopHattedTime  (68)

There's also a whole bunch of those squiggly ciphers from before over the first mud's face:

04-24-2017, 07:39 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Pretty sure it's the "WE WERE TAUGHT THAT THIS IS ALL THERE WAS..." Text.

The characters match.

We should probably go back to the text that was in the whatifwetoldyoutoo video now that we have the letter to symbol mapping:

:
Did some extrapolation of data with new stuff I learnt from the Intel ARG, most of it is kind of readable. Left both the original and the improved version, the entirety of the images I processed (for better or worse ) are here.

Click for larger version

Click for larger version

Click for larger version

Not too sure on both the morse and the glyphs… some seem artifacts although some are clearly there. In the pigpens I dotted what I wasn't sure of.

EDIT:

Looks there are symbols cut in half on the top and the bottom of the picture.
They probably are the "fire air water earth" and "gas liquid solid" texts.

04-24-2017, 08:06 AM
cdgoodwill
Bolamite

: UK
: 60
cdgoodwill  (32)

nvm

Last edited by cdgoodwill; 04-24-2017 at 08:29 AM..
04-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Pretty sure those will spell out "fire air water earth" and "gas liquid solid"

04-24-2017, 08:27 AM
TopHattedTime
Stingbee

TopHattedTime  (68)

:
What about the cut off symbols at the bottom middle, bottom left and top middle?
Xavier is right - that's all they say. I had a go at putting them together

Tho... Use what you can't see? like... Air and Gas? grasping at thin air :')

Last edited by TopHattedTime; 04-24-2017 at 08:35 AM..
04-24-2017, 08:38 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Please share the pictures you put together.

This way we can make sure we don't miss anything.

04-24-2017, 08:40 AM
TopHattedTime
Stingbee

TopHattedTime  (68)

:
Please share the pictures you put together.

This way we can make sure we don't miss anything.

Here's the first:

And the second: (Figuring out the fire and air part was tough, so I went over the lines with green )

Last edited by TopHattedTime; 04-24-2017 at 09:12 AM..
04-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Nemin
Thudslug

: Apr 2011
: Hungary
: 171
Nemin  (219)Nemin  (219)Nemin  (219)

This feels like a real amateur mistake from their side. They can't simply do a major f u like this can they?

https://oddwords.hu - My essays and other Oddworld-related content.

04-24-2017, 10:08 AM
JayDee
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

: Aug 2008
: AAAAAA
: 1,119
JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)

The conclusions I could draw from "Gas, Liquid, Solid" and "Fire, Air, Water, Earth" were state, and element. Naturally, I tried inspecting the elements on various clues we've had so far but haven't yet found anything conclusive. Not sure how "state" would fit into it.

04-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Granitehead96
Chippunk

: Bellingham, WA
: 20
Granitehead96  (17)

If you pair up those two groups fire is the odd one out. Air=Gas, Water=Liquid, Solid=Earth. Consider those three together or just focus on fire. That's my thoughts
04-24-2017, 10:41 AM
JayDee
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

: Aug 2008
: AAAAAA
: 1,119
JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)

:
If you pair up those two groups fire is the odd one out. Air=Gas, Water=Liquid, Solid=Earth. Consider those three together or just focus on fire. That's my thoughts
In terms of when the "classical" elements of fire/earth/water/air were in use their properties weren't listed in states, since it was known that water could be both solid, liquid, or gas. Rather descriptions of Hot/Cold, Wet/Dry were used which more closely fit the properties of the elements.

Fire is both hot and dry.
Air is both hot and wet.
Water is both cold and wet.
Earth is both cold and dry.

Not sure how useful this is but it's cool to know. Also some symbols, which may or may not be useful.

04-24-2017, 11:14 AM
cdgoodwill
Bolamite

cdgoodwill  (32)

I've thought about it, and I'm pretty sure the weird line symbols should be flipped.
04-24-2017, 11:46 AM
Gunnr
Boombat Seeker

: Apr 2016
: In a desert, USA
: 608
Gunnr  (419)Gunnr  (419)Gunnr  (419)Gunnr  (419)Gunnr  (419)

Nice findings everyone! Glad those symbols were figured out.
I wonder what we do with the solid, liquid, gas and air, earth, water, fire thing?

Brew is a liquid...that also creates "gas" then...essentially fire ...lol sry.

Last edited by Gunnr; 04-24-2017 at 11:48 AM..
04-24-2017, 09:49 PM
Psairztey
Zappfly

: Somewhere
: 11
Psairztey  (24)

http://www.imgur.com/kczRKhs?r
Made a key for the cipher in the newest pic.
04-24-2017, 09:50 PM
cdgoodwill
Bolamite

cdgoodwill  (32)
Question

:
This feels like a real amateur mistake from their side. They can't simply do a major f u like this can they?
Explain? I don't see how this is bad in any way, it's just the next phase of the arg?
04-24-2017, 09:52 PM
cdgoodwill
Bolamite

cdgoodwill  (32)

:
Thanks! That's going to be a big help! The symbols in the video might need to be flipped, but i don't know for sure.
04-24-2017, 11:18 PM
OWI_Alex
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Mar 2014
: Oddworld
: 523
OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)

:
Explain? I don't see how this is bad in any way, it's just the next phase of the arg?
Quite.
04-25-2017, 04:06 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

:
Looking at it like that it seems so straightforward haha.

Thanks for sharing this

04-25-2017, 04:22 AM
Nemin
Thudslug

:
You misunderstand me, what I was referring to was that the decoded texts were included in the image file. That sounds like a rookie mistake.

04-25-2017, 04:34 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Maybe...

But on the other hand even with that help we're already stuck and wondering what we should do next.

04-25-2017, 04:57 AM
Nemin
Thudslug

Now that's true.

Also, before everybody tags me as "the asshole", I was not trying to mock OWI for this. Heck, that's why I even commented, they did the ARG so well until now, that I refuse to believe that they let something like this slip.

04-25-2017, 05:12 AM
Vanilla ✜
Rabid Fuzzle

: Sep 2007
: England
: 507
Vanilla ✜  (153)Vanilla ✜  (153)

Has any of the info currently found been relayed to OWI?

There's also an OWF Discord,
join here.

04-25-2017, 05:14 AM
OWI_Alex
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Mar 2014
: Oddworld
: 523
OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)OWI_Alex  (1039)

:
Has any of the info currently found been relayed to OWI?
I don't think anyone is anywhere near yet.
04-25-2017, 07:09 AM
tmakz
Bolamite

: Australia Cairns
: 70
tmakz  (11)

Alright!!!! So they mashed pics 1-3 into one wonder what Elements and State i dont believe its got to do with soulstorm brew.
04-25-2017, 08:06 AM
TopHattedTime
Stingbee

TopHattedTime  (68)

So... Use what you can't see - From the elements and states, there's Air and Gas. Tho, could they be talking about using a cipher we don't see in the picture to translate something else? Or even use the parts of the photos we have already that can't be seen in the mash-up?

Also googled some stuff, and there can be 5 elements and 4 states of matter: Fire, wind, earth, air, and aether/void - and solid, liquid, gas, and plasma. A random stab in the dark, but maybe they count as what we don't see?

Last edited by TopHattedTime; 04-25-2017 at 08:31 AM..