Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

03-07-2011, 10:32 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)
RF vs SOTE: Battle Royale!

==== RF vs SOTE: Battle Royale #1! ====

The game will officially begin on the 9th of March 2011. I will be accepting applicants throughout the contest, naturally the earlier you register the better your chances of winning are.

There are two factions in this game.

Rebel Frontier - These are a bunch of mudokons who have banded together to complain about their workers' rights. They moved out of the forest and set a base near the local factory.

Scum of the Earth - These sligs have been out of work for a long time, they complain that the mudokons have been stealing their work and generally causing mischief.

I would like the two factions to be as balanced as possible, so please make sure you check how many of each side are currently signed up when you post your character.

=RULES=
1) No god-modding.
2) No double posts.
3) Keep the language reasonably clean.

=SETUP=

Each fighter for whatever faction gets a starting cash sum of 500 Moolah. From this they are allowed to buy any of the following equipment. Below are the items and the prices in brackets, followed by the statistics of those items. Any left-over money will be put in the 'team kitty' for team-based items.

You are allowed one piece of armor, one gun, one oddity and several grenades/mines.

-Armour-
No Armour (0) - Speed: 3, Armour HP: 0
Chainlink Armour (110) - Speed: 3, Armour HP: 2
Skirmish Armour (160) - Speed: 2, Armour HP: 3
Hero Armour (300) - Speed: 1, Armour HP: 5

-Weapons-
Pistol (0) - Damage: 1, Critical Damage: 1
Battle Rifle (70) - Damage: 1, Critical Damage: 2
Machine Gun (260) - Damage: 2, Critical Damage: 2

Grenade (85) - Damage: 2, Critical Damage: 3
UXB Mine (60) - Damage 2, Critical Damage: 3

-Oddities-

Quick Hands (160) - Shoot twice during a turn.
Close Quarters Combat (200) - Melee Damage: 2
Survival Instinct (140) - Have three extra segments of health.

For the purposes of simplicity, guns will not jam. UXB Mines require a coin-flip, whereby whoever attacks the planter has a 50% chance of stepping on a mine. Players with a higher speed will always attack before the other player. In the event that both characters have the same speed, a coin will be tossed. The first player to initiate the attack will be heads.

When firing a gun or throwing a grenade the following applies to dice rolls. 1 or 2 indicate a miss, 3/4/5 indicate normal damage, 6 indicates a critical hit.

Every player starts with 6 segments of health. Armour can add to that health limit. Any damage infliced always does damage to the armour first before affecting the player.

When a player reaches a health count of 0, they are eliminated from the game. The downed player has the honour of writing the 'last words' of the character, even if it's just to say 'I'll be back in a minute'.

Let the game begin.
Please post the following:

Faction:
Character Name:
Race:
Description:
Shopping List:

=*=*=

This is my character entry to this game.

Faction: Rebel Frontier
Character Name: Mayson
Race: Mudokon
Description: Mayson is a bad-tempered mudokon who recently got fired. He set up the RF so that they could get back to work the easy way, by eliminating the competition! He wears a red bandana and has an eye patch over his right eye. Mayson was famous for being a key player in the Bay of Slogs battle over the South Trattle.
Shopping List: Skirmish Armour (160), Quick Hands (160), Battle Rifle (70), UXB Mine x1 (60).
Leftover Moolah: 50

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 03-08-2011 at 11:36 PM..
03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

Ok, why not, looks pretty awesome.

Faction: Scum of the Earth
Name: Primero Emlyn (First Contendor)
Race: Slig

Description: Primero Emlyn is a powerful ensign of a now defunct contingent. He commanded amongst the Death Corps, the Unit Albino's and briefly was fielded in the Fly Corps. Decorated as he is, an incident involving unprecedented brutality against mudokon workers saw him demoted heavily, escaping firing squad only through powerful links and friends in high places. Brutally efficient and cunning, he lacks a kind nature and perhaps a fully functioning brain.

Armoury:
Skirmish Armour (160)
Machine Gun (260)
UXB Mine x1 (60)
Oh yeah, fair point. Maybe he was just tortured until he lost consciousness.

03-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

Character Name: Scrop
Race: Slig, Flying
Description: As elegant, pompous and snobby as a slig can get, Scrop could be a fairly decent slig guard, if he didn't feel he was so good a slig guard that he could get away with not doing anything. He has yet to find himself the fault of anything. His hobbies include sleeping, shooting and flying in very elaborate patterns. He tends to think of himself as a leader, and as such places himself above all other sligs as well.
Shopping List:
No Armour (0) - Speed: 3, Armour HP: 0
Machine Gun (260) - Damage: 2, Critical Damage: 2
Quick Hands (160) - Shoot twice during a turn.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

03-07-2011, 11:51 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

I think I'll have to sit this one out due to exams. Sorry.

03-07-2011, 01:03 PM
keeperxiii
Fuzzle

: Jan 2011
: Portugal
: 140
keeperxiii  (15)

:
I think I'll have to sit this one out due to exams. Sorry.
Me too, sorry, I'll be watching when I can though. I'll join later, maybe.

Have a good one

Click the DeLorean to go to Monster Island. It's cozy.
http://keeperxiii.deviantart.com

03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

: Aug 2009
: Oddworld Forums, Internet
: 682
MarsMudoken  (78)

Right, through the power of no logic at all, I summon myself.

Character Name: Mars L. Morand
Race: Mudoken
Description: The fancy suit wearing idiot, Mars has joined the Mudokons for reasons even he cannot fathom. He wears a red hat with a green stripe, a red suit with green tie, and red pants. Shoes are black, just to throw you off. He's immature, has no forethought, and hates the word 'molars'.

Shopping List: Chainlink Armour (cleverly hidden underneath suit) $110, Pistol (Actually a revolver, but whatever) $0, Close Quarters Combat 200$. Leaves 190 Moolah for whatever the team based items are. Or, I'll buy that hammer I wanted. Alex just hasn't said anything about melee weapons yet.

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 03-08-2011 at 02:00 PM..
03-07-2011, 11:42 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

For simplicity this time, all melee weapons will do a Damage of 1 and a Critical Damage of 1. I was going to add melee weapons and melee attachments but I kinda forgot. I'll do that next time.

By the way good entries guys!

[B]
floofyderg.live

03-08-2011, 12:57 AM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

: Nov 2009
: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)

Let's fun!

Character Name: Harik
Race: Mudokon
Description: Harik was once an "employee" of the local factory. he worked just like any other Mudokon until the Sligs chose him. He was dragged off from his station and beaten. afterwards the Sligs threw him out of the factory and lived in the forest before joining the Rebel Frontier. He looks like an ordinary Mudokon besides the scars that were left behind.
Shopping List:
Chainlink Armour (110)
Battle Rifle (70)
Grenade (85)
Quick Hands (160)

Remaining Moolah: 75

My DA page.

03-08-2011, 01:59 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

Can I bring the Hammer though? Just for kicks?

03-08-2011, 11:10 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

OOC: Okay Mars. Well we have 5 people so we should have another person on Scum of the Earth. We can probably get started now though.

Here are the Team Items. You should vote on what items to buy and discuss options with others:
$40 - 1 Throwing Knife, does a guaranteed 1 point of damage to an enemy. (One use only)
$75 - 1 Paralysis Dagger, does a guaranteed 1 point of damage to an enemy and prevents the enemy from moving for one turn. (One use only)
$150 - 1 Defibrillator, has a chance of reviving a downed team-mate. It will continue to work until a Tails is flipped, then the machine breaks.

=Hour 1=

RF - 315 Moolah. SotE - 100 Moolah.

IC: Mayson was making adjustments to his weapon when he heard the alarm sound from outside. "What in tarnation?", he exclaimed, before running outside and looking around. "It's a darned warzone! Sheesh" Mayson put on his Skirmish Armour over his head, past the red bandana and the eyepatch. He clicked the locking mechanism in place. He put a clip into his Battle Rifle and placed a UXB Mine in his pocket.

"Harik? Mars? (pause) HARIK! MARS! Get out of those bunk beds and out here on the double!", then he whispered "Darned slackers..." Mayson then looked over the hill and saw the Sligs marching to the canyon valley before him. "It begins" Mayson ran at full speed, came up close to an approaching Slig and commenced his attack.

[M] Mayson moves into the Valley of Shrapnel.
[A] Mayson shoots his Battle Rifle at Scrop *DICE ROLL*
[E] Mayson places a UXB Mine on the ground and arms it *DICE ROLL*

OOC: For Rebel Frontier, I recommend a Defibrillator and a Paralysis Knife, what do you think Mars and #5719? Then again Mars, you could always get another Oddity.

The members of Scum of the Earth are welcome to discuss their purchases now. Team Items will be purchased in Hour 2. You can spend the rest of your leftover Moolah at any time. There is no searching for items in this game, there's a war going on for Phleg's sake!

[B]
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 03-09-2011 at 12:16 AM..
03-09-2011, 02:17 AM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)
Oddworld Mars's epic adventure of epic and silly.

OOC: Alexander, I thank you for this mallet. Also, on the matter of team items, buy what you want. I have no use for such toys (translation - get a defibrillator, and I call dibs). Now please excuse me, I have some hammery bashing to do.

IC: Morondate: 1

Mars was never the Mud for normal dreams. If it wasn't disturbing nightmares, it was the perversions and alterations of his perception of reality. And if it's neither of those, than Shrykull help you. He was in the middle a dream (Mars would later state that he had an abomination in a headlock in this dream), when much to his dismay came a loud beeping sound, and the oh too familiar cry of the morning dictator shouting something incomprehensible in Mars's sleepiness. Sure, throughout Mars's life, it was always a new face, a new voice, but the tactics and most of all, the scream that makes alarm clocks cry and hide in the corner, that will always be the same. Mars yawned, mumbling "5 more minutes please" before suddenly remembering that in some moronic act he had signed up for a bloody rebellion army. Coming to this realization, he moved 3.432 seconds faster getting up.

After stretching his arms, he noticed the room around him while climbing down the bunk bed. Grey, not that expensive, and silly. When the drowsiness had lowered to a manageable level, he made his way to the dresser (when you dress in a suit and tie, people think you might cramp their style putting dapper stuff in an armory), and picked up his finest/only suit, his glorious hat, and the rest of the clothes. Of course, he wore some chain-link armor under his suit, as he wasn't crazy or skilled enough to run into a battlefield wearing only a suit and tie and hat. But he was crazy enough to bring an old fashioned revolver to a war, along with his trusty wooden mallet. Perfect for whacking moles in some game, or brutally beating you enemies to death with the walls caked in blood. Whoever was in the other bed was still a little groggy still apparently. Not looking too good either, with some scars.

Mars theorized it might be good he signed on late.

Realizing that whoever let out that loud yell was probably the guy who Mars thought was in charge (Mars wouldn't know, he threw away the pamphlet he was given), he took a quick look around the place. Pretty empty, save for sleeping beauty and a few others. Although he was needed at the battlefield (Mars almost forgot about the alarm, mentally blocking it out), he decided that yelling would be completely ungentlemanly, so he left a note from this scrap of paper he found (later finding out it was, in fact, the pamphlet).

Dear Harry (that is your name right?)
Some guy yelled at us, your not up yet. Get your stuff, see you at the fight. Don't die.
-Mars L. Morand [hat symbol]

Yes, that's good enough.

Mars made his way out to the fight. Weren't too many people, but they would probably send in more later. Ah well, before you have seconds, you have to eat your greens, Mars thought, eying the sligs. He noticed one in light armor with a machine gun of some sort. Avoid him. He noticed one who was being attacked by that boss Mudokon. It would be ungentlemanly to attack that slig, unbalancing the odds. A tough moral decision. Die, or fight like a jerk, and still, maybe die. Ultimately, Mars ran to the machine gunner, and hoped like HECK he was a terrible shot. Mars raised his hammer above his head, adjusted his hat quickly, and charged towards the slig.

If I live, he thought, this is the stupidest thing I've ever done.

[M] Mars L. Morand moves into the Valley of Shrapnel. *IT'S TRUE*
[IDK] Mars L. Morand left a note by Harik's bedside. *AWESOME*
[A] Mars L. Morand brings down his hammer (Melee weapon) on Primero E.*DICE ROLL I THINK*

OOC: #5719, yes, I am claiming I woke up before your Harik guy did. Don't worry, he's fully within his rights to punch me later. I may kill you if you do though.

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 03-09-2011 at 04:29 PM.. : This much text is bound for a few errors. Shut up, no one's perfect, least of all me.
03-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

IC: Scrop was minding everyone else's business in the valley. Hovering in place, watching whatever was happening. In his almost trance-like state, he managed to spot the mudokon running towards him with a weapon, charging like a madman. Not feeling even slightly preturbed, he shouted aloud "Why look at that! Let's get them!" taking great care to properly pronounce every word correctly. Flying around in small loops, and occasinally rising upwards, Scrop opened fire with a machine gun, but in a somewhat delicate fashion. As if to show it was hardly neccesary that he even pull the trigger. All the same, it looked like something out of a flying show, due to the many acrobatics he pulled off while firing.

[M] Scrop flies into the Valley of Shrapnel
[A] Scrop fires his machine gun right back at Mayson *DR*

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

03-09-2011, 08:16 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

IC: Primero Emlyn stared at the scene ahead of him, they were dangerously outnumbered and his machine gun was unlikely to reach his enemies accurately at this range. There were so many complex yet dim memories paunched away in his mind, strategies and battle maneouvres that had worked against groups of ill trained rebels but this was different for some reason. He didn't yet know why, they seemed organised up there. He searched his cunning and landed upon the idea to hide, just as a sniper cracked in the distance, Emlyn clutched at his own weapons and snarled before darting behind behind a pocket in the landscape, he was safe for now and if his group was ill prepared to fight tactically or with any sense of team spirit, he would have to sit out there deaths and prepare for night time when the shadows bloomed and every slig is at his worst. Hopefully there aren't any enemy mudokons though, stealthy buggers.
"You watch out Scrop!" He cried, lugging himself over the hole for a better perception of what would unfold. Then, from nowhere, a mudokon appeared slinging a warhammer and crying out, Primero grinned and then sighed, tribalistic tendency never dissipated from the admirably stupid, he had even seen sligs return to their roots with bayonets. He stood and in a twirling motion, sprayed across the landscape with his heavy machine gun in an attempt to destroy all in his wake. If that mudokon was still going when the dust settled, he was a strong son of a bitch.

[M] Primero Emlyn hides
[A] Primero Emlyn fires at Mars

OOC: I feel this is a little underdeveloped in the sense that things like cover haven't been taken into account, do we just assume I am invisible for now?

Also Oddey, shall we buy the defibrillator?

EDIT: Dang, didn't realise we were attacking now, the bold is added in, I reckoned that we were pretty distanced out from each other.

Last edited by STM; 03-09-2011 at 08:20 AM..
03-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

OOC: I really think we should. Yeah sure, lets do that.

:

03-09-2011, 11:10 AM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: Tribalistic!? How dare you sir! This fine suit, and yet that comment?! I am appalled by your assumptions...

Also, cover. Maybe, should Alex will it, it could reduce the chance of getting hit, like only a 5 or 6 works. As a trade-off, you can't move for a turn. Or 2. Or something. Just thinking here...

EDIT: Wait a minute I never said I yelled as I charged!...although that does sound like something I'd do. You win this round ScrabTrapMan...but don't push your luck.

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 03-09-2011 at 04:32 PM..
03-09-2011, 02:35 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

OOC:
I agree with the team items, go for it!

IC:
Harik finally awoke, the alarm still blaring outside. He quickly jumped out of his bunk and took a look around 'Damn! Everyone's gone already' he thought to himself 'What's this?' Harik noticed a pamphlet laying awkwardly by his bunk with some writing scrawled across it. "lets see... Dear Harry... HARRY! Do do dooo... So it's started ay?" He quickly slipped on his Chainlink Armour and snatched up his rifle and grenade "Here we go." he said anxtiously and hurried outside.

He ran outside to fighting, the other two seemed to have run further into the valley. Harik could see them in the distance and hurried in their direction. Stopping higher up the valley he crouched behind a rock and surveyed the area. He could see Mayson exchanging gunfire with a flying Slig and a hatted individual running at gunfire 'He must be the one who wrote the note, Mars I think.' he thought to himself 'what is that idiot doing?' Harik readied his rifle and tried to work out where the bullets being aimed at Mars were coming from. It was difficult to find the source and he doubted he would hit anything but he fired his rifle in the area in front of Mars.

[M] Harik moved to the Valley of Shrapnel
[A] Harik fires his rifle in Primero E's general direction

My DA page.

03-09-2011, 04:36 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: So we're both getting a defibrillator? Alright Alex, bring em' out. The rebels have the moolah, I think SOTE have enough too. In the meantime, good writing guys. This is pretty darn good! Not by book standards by Jove, but by forum standards, good.

Everyone's taken their turn, right? Well, we might want to wait for someone else to join, otherwise, on to HOUR 2: WHERE WE SEE IF MARS CAN LIVE THROUGH MACHINE GUN FIRE!!!

Oh yeah, and you guys do stuff too...

03-10-2011, 01:33 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

Well, if no-one else wants to be a Slig, I might as well nab the last spot.

Character Name: Styner
Race: Big Bro Slig
Description: Styner had previously been taken to the Magog Cartel Courts for some fairly strange occurances that happened while he was commander of his squad. His name was cleared and he spent the next few months hopping from bar to bar before being picked up as a potential Big Bro Slig candidate. As a Big Bro Slig his level of violence is uncomparable to others. He signed up to be a key member of Scum of the Earth.
Shopping List: Skirmish Armour (160), Survival Instinct (140), Battle Rifle (70), 1x UXB Mine (60).
Leftover Moolah: 70

Styner stirred out of a nap as he heard his fellow Sligs making moves towards the enemy. "It's that time again..." he sighed and got up, putting on his armour and grabbing the UXB mine lying on the side. Styner walked quickly to where Harik was and attempted to fire at him with his Battle Rifle.

[M] Styner moves into the Valley of Shrapnel.
[A] Styner shoots his Battle Rifle at Harik *DICE ROLL*
[E] Styner places a UXB Mine on the ground and arms it *DICE ROLL*

OOC: @SotE: Yes let's buy a defibrillator.

Regarding cover, how about a coin-flip to determine whether the cover is successful. If it is, the potential damage is reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 1). However you can only use cover once every two turns, you can't move and take cover in the same turn and you cannot move directly after going into cover.

Note: I will put health results in the following format. Player Name: [HP][AP]

*=*Hour 1 Results*=*
[M] Mars moves into the Valley of Shrapnel.
[E] Mars left a note by Harik's bedside.
[A] Mars brings down his Hammer on Primero. 4 - Successful hit on Primero
Primero: [6][3] -> [6][1]

[M] Scrop flies into the Valley of Shrapnel
[A] Scrop fires his machine gun at Mayson. 1 - Attack missed

[M] Harik moved to the Valley of Shrapnel
[A] Harik fires his rifle at Primero. 6 - Critical hit on Primero
Primero: [6][1] -> [5][0]. Primero's armour is no longer effective

[M] Mayson moves into the Valley of Shrapnel.
[A] Mayson shoots his Battle Rifle at Scrop. 2 - Attack missed
[E] Mayson places a UXB Mine on the ground and arms it. 1 - Unsuccessful, retry planting.

[M] Primero attempts to take cover. Tails - No cover found, cannot attempt to cover next turn.
[A] Primero fires at Mars with his Machine Gun. 4 - Successful hit on Mars
Mars: [6][2] -> [6][0]. Mars' armour is no longer effective

[M] Styner moves into the Valley of Shrapnel.
[A] Styner shoots his Battle Rifle at Harik. 1 - Attack missed
[E] Styner places a UXB Mine on the ground and arms it. 6 - UXB Mine successfully planted. +1 Damage on potential damage due to critical dice roll.

[QH] Scrop fires his machine gun right back at Mayson. 1 - Attack missed
[QH] Harik fires his rifle at Primero. 2 - Attack missed
[QH] Mayson shoots his Battle Rifle at Scrop. 5 - Successful hit on Scrop
Scrop: [6][0] -> [5][0]

** The 'Unlucky Guy of the Match' award goes to Scrop, who missed on both of his first attempts to attack someone **

=Hour 2=

IC: Mayson was extremely lucky, he heard the bullets zoom past him at an exceptional pace. Thinking that staying out in the open was not a good idea, he decided to look for some nearby cover. "Come on then, ya darned Slig! Try and get me now!"

[C] Mayson attempts to find some cover. *COIN FLIP*
[A] Mayson shoots his Battle Rifle at Scrop. *DICE ROLL*
[QH] Mayson shoots his Battle Rifle at Scrop again. *DICE ROLL*

IC: Styner hadn't been seen by the enemy yet. He counted himself lucky and attempted to hide himself, while picking off Harik from a distance.

[C] Styner attempts to find some cover. *COIN FLIP*
[A] Styner shoots his Battle Rifle at Harik. *DICE ROLL*

OOC: For hour 2, you can either stay where you are and cover, or move to a new location.
There are three areas in this region which are all interconnected:

Valley of Sharpnel (You are all here)
Waterfall Cave
Dense Jungle

Rebel Frontier purchased a defibrillator. Defibrillator added to Harik's inventory.
Moolah: 315 -> 165
Scum of the Earth purchased a defibrillator. Defibrillator added to Styner's inventory.
Moolah: 170 -> 20

@ Rebel Frontier: Should we get some knives now? Or another Defib?
Note: Apologies for the absurdly long post.

[B]
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 03-10-2011 at 02:32 AM..
03-10-2011, 03:14 AM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)
Mars's E.A.E.S. 2, Mars gets shot. Alot.

OOC: Huh. I think everyone is a little sleepy today. That many misses?
:
Note: Apologies for the absurdly long post.
WE WILL SEE ALEXANDER...WE WILL SEE WHO IS THE KING...

IC: Morondate: 2

When we last left Mars, he was midair, attacking an armed slig. Let's see how that goes, huh?

When Mars charged towards the slig, he felt a brief moment of satisfaction seeing the slig surprised at him. Almost at once however, Mars remembered who has what gun. This would deter and sane individual (we've been over this). The slig was about to do something to stop him, Mars couldn't tell what. Of course, whatever it was, he was a little late.

WHUNK...

...is a rough approximation of what the sound of Mars's wooden hammer colliding with the slig's armor sounded like. It looked cracked now, wouldn't work much longer. Mars was ready to do a victory dance at yet another assualt crime worthy act (adding to a current list of 26), when the slig spun around in circles. This was funny. Also when the slig spun around he sprayed machine gun fire everywhere. Less funny. Mars got hit in the chest repeatedly with gunfire, feeling roughly like getting rammed like a scrab about 50 times, before the slig finally stopped firing. Mars staggered around, thinking himself a goner. He'd felt the bullets hit his chest like...bullets, and now he couldn't feel anything. This was it. He was going to bite the dust. He was going to breath his last breath. He was going to die...or at least he thought. Regardless of the deadly volley that hit him, he could stand straight, and curiously checking himself, realized that his armor had saved him. Mars forgot this slig was intent on trying to kill him right now, and pointed at the slig, yelling "HAH!" childishly at his death defying stunt. As Mars pointed though, several bullets fell from his now bullet ridden coat, which was cool. Only after a very brief look however, did Mars realize that some of it wasn't bullets, but rather the wrecked and twisted pieces of what was no more than 20 seconds ago Mars's armor. The one thing between a gentleman and a corpse had been broken, and for Mars, that was all he needed to know before he ran like heck away.

As he dashed away, he heard more gunfire behind him, with 'cracks' and 'smashes' near where the slig was. He took a glance over his shoulder and saw two things. First, the slig's armor was now completely destroyed, and he had some wounds to boot. Second, the Mud firing these destructive blows was none other than sleeping beauty, Harry. Or at least, Mars thought it was Harry. Mars, now realizing that he should've brought a minigun instead of a revolver only now, spun around (not in a circle, stay with me) and fled to Harry's (or as some talking and several slaps to the face later taught him, Harik's) side. "Keep doing what your doing!" he yelled to his savior, while digging up some dirt and rocks, creating makeshift cover. He placed his jacket on the ground, then quickly unbuttoned his shirt (most of which wasn't destroyed), so he could get the armor scrap metal placed on his semi-MacGyver'ed trench, making it maybe bulletproof. He then buttoned his shirt back on, and snatched his jacket from the ground (he never needed to take the tie off), and hid behind his constructed mess. Hopefully Harry/Harik would get behind here. The more live muds, the better. Mars whipped out his revolver, dropped it, quickly picked it up hoping no one saw him, took aim at what looked like a Big Bro Sli...no. Last thing he needs are more people trying to kill him, let alone one of THOSE! Averting his gaze, he took aim instead at the same darn slig that ruined his suit. No one ruins a gentleman's suit and lives.

As he worked on his marksmanship, Mars realized something. He didn't even go for Mars's unprotected head!
The slig really was a terrible shot! Lucky Moron...

[C] Mars, after getting shot a bit, makes cover in the same general area he was in before (thus, is not a big movement) *COIN FLIP TOO SEE IF COVER WORKS*
[A] Mars shoots Primero Emlyn with revolver/pistol (same thing in this game) *DICE ROLL! THE MASSES REJOICE!*

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 03-10-2011 at 06:20 PM.. : Not enough epic. Also needed to make more sense, but I only added half the required amount.
03-10-2011, 08:15 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

OOC: Your actually quite commendable in your writing style Mars although I'd like to point out that for all intensive purposes, you should make your shooting phase before digging cover simply because your in the middle of a fight and whelp, seems a bit odd not to since I'd be wrecking all perceptible planes with gunfire, call me picky but yer.

IC: Primero staggered back in sheer shock rather than horror, that bastard mudokon, wielding a heavy looking hammer had smashed the weapon right across his chest, the tribal's strength was commendable but lacked the efficiency for a crippling blow, that is to say, the armour served its purpose, and then was destroyed as a clean cut through the clothing sent it separating into separate bits. In a move of brutal yet blatant un-calculation, he fired rounds off at the contender, when the dust settled the mudokon was still there, holding the remains of his armour in his paws. Emlyn laughed and silently prayed to Odd that the battle was allowed to last longer than he had anticipated, he so lavished the hunt. When he saw the lumbering figure of a big-bro model slig, he howled a mighty war cry, reinforcements, fantastic, and a fine military specimen as well, the steroids had worked a charm. And he had seen so many times what the mutants looked like, those who had a negative reaction to the toxins pumping around there contracting bodies.
"Need help here! Get 'Im" He cried to his brothers in arms pointing feverishly at Mars who, while Primero was not paying the attention the enemy deserved, was in the midst of creating some slapdash cover.
"No you f*****g don't you tribal slog spawn,"

[M] Primero stalks left towards the proximity of Styner
[A] Primero fires a burst at Mars

03-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

IC:
Scrop's flying acrobatics managed to land him away from the bulk of Mayson's attacks, but a stray bullet grazed his upper arm. These acrobatics also caused him to miss every single shot. Containing his fury, Scrop took aim at the now fleeing mudokon, and fired away. At the same time, he buzzed and zoomed straight by the entire skirmish, into a nearby cave, where he hoped his flying would be of use to him. Spinning about once agai, he fired some parting shots at the same mudokon who had just shouted at him. "A-ha-ha-ha! You will find your words do nothing! You try and catch me!" he retorted in what he blieved a quite menacing and very awe-inspiring voice.

Flying into the cave, he noticed first of all that there was a waterfall nearby, and that the cave was quite large. It would be easy to find a small alcove for even a flying slig to take cover in. If the mudokon followed him, he would more than likely have the advantage.

[M] Scrop flies to the Waterfall Cave
[A] Scrop fires at Mayson with his machine gun *DR*
[QH] Scrop fires at Mayson with his machine gun *DR*

:

03-10-2011, 02:10 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

:
OOC: Your actually quite commendable in your writing style Mars although I'd like to point out that for all intensive purposes, you should make your shooting phase before digging cover simply because your in the middle of a fight and whelp, seems a bit odd not to since I'd be wrecking all perceptible planes with gunfire, call me picky but yer.
IC: I AM A MORON! STOP EXPECTING RATIONAL THOUGHT FROM ME!!!

...although thanks for the compliment. I guess I've improved.

03-10-2011, 02:11 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

OOC:
I must admit I agree with STM, Mars your writing's really come along, well done to you . Regarding team items... I'm not sure, possibly save the Moolah for when things get really hairy.

IC:
Harik fired his shot and was amazed when it actually hit "Ha Ha!" he yelled in a quick burst of delight, readying his weapon for another shot. He fired. Missed, the bullet just was off but Harik was still amazed at how accurate he was at a distance.

"Now it's two on-" A bullet wizzed passed him and Harik was knocked of his feet. "Hey! Who's the-" He then caught sight of the hulking Big Bro Slig in the distance and his jaw nearly fell off. "What is THAT THING?!" Harik had obviously never seen a Big Bro before. Still staring at the Big Bro Harik just barely notice Mars run up to him, bringing Harik back to his senses. Hearing Mars it seemed to Harik that the hatted Mudokon had some kind of a brain in there after all. "Alright then, we'll take down this guy first and then turn to that... Whatever it is." He pointed to the Big Bro "I'll fire while you set up your cover, then you fire while I set up mine. Might be safer that way." He aimed his rifle and fired.

[A]Harik fired at Primero *Dice Roll*
[QH]Harik fired at Primero *Dice Roll* yet again
[M]Harik tried to find/build some cover *Coin Flip*

My DA page.

03-11-2011, 06:20 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

OOC: Your writing style is better Mars, but try to make your posts a little shorter if that's okay. Maybe 25-50% shorter, and lose the small font please!

*=*Hour 2 Results*=*

[C] Mars looks for cover. Tails - Failed to find cover
[A] Mars shoots Primero Emlyn with revolver. 2 - Attack missed

[M] Scrop flies to the Waterfall Cave
[A] Scrop fires at Mayson with his machine gun. 4 - Target takes damage
Mayson: [6][3] -> [6][1]

[A] Harik fired at Primero. 4 - Target takes damage.
Primero: [5][0] -> [4][0]
[C] Harik tried to find/build some cover. Tails - Failed to find cover

[C] Mayson attempts to find some cover. Tails - Failed to find cover
[A] Mayson shoots his Battle Rifle at Scrop. 3 - Target takes damage
Scrop: [6][0] -> [5][0]

[M] Primero stalks left towards the proximity of Styner
[A] Primero fires a burst at Mars. 4 - Target takes damage
Mars: [6][0] -> [4][0]

[C] Styner attempts to find some cover. Heads - Styner takes cover, next attack's damage to Styner is reduced by one.
[A] Styner shoots his Battle Rifle at Harik. 3 - Target takes damage
Harik: [6][2] -> [6][1]

[QH] Harik fired at Primero. 5 - Target takes damage
Primero: [4][0] -> [3][0]
[QH] Mayson shoots his Battle Rifle at Scrop again. 1 - Attack missed
[QH] Scrop fires at Mayson with his machine gun. 2 - Attack missed

[O] Nobody attacked Styner so his UXB is still active

= Hour 3 =

IC: Styner yelled, "Primero, run! I'll handle Harik!" He then took his Battle Rifle and fired at Harik once more, hoping to distract him from his teammate.

Meanwhile, Mayson was having problems of his own. He glanced briefly at his wound before yelling and attacking more ferociously. He pursued Scrop into the cave.

[M] Mayson runs into the cave to find Scrop there.
[A] Mayson shoots his Battle Rifle at Scrop. *DICE ROLL*

OOC: Thoughts and opinions of the game so far please. Also, we should decide what to do with the leftover moolah. Mars, Harik, want to buy some Throwing Knives?

Rebel Frontier purchased a paralysis knife. Paralysis knife added to Mayson's inventory.
Moolah: 165 -> 90

[B]
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 03-11-2011 at 10:12 AM..
03-11-2011, 04:33 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

OOC:
I think the game's going well, the battle system seems to work. The thing I'd like to see is some team orientated actions. But it's too soon really to tell.

Since Mayson and Harik have a team item in their inventories the throwing knife's all yours Mars if you want it.

IC:
Harik quickly fired his shots and was overjoyed when both hit their mark. Remembering he was still standing in the open he began to scurry around to find some cover... Nothing. There was nothing around to get behind. He cursed under his breath.

"Mars we have to get out of the open!" Suddenly the Slig they were aiming at fired at Mars "MAR-" *Crack* a bullet fired from the Big Bro struck Harik's armour sending a shock through his body, knocking him down onto the ground. The blow winded Harik and he took a few seconds to recover before rolling onto his stomach and firing at the Big Bro. Anger started to show in his eyes as he fired, his skin turning a slight tinge of red. "Mars, you alright!?"

[A]Harik fired at Styner *Dice Roll*
[QH] Harik quickly fired another round at Styner *Dice Roll*

My DA page.

03-12-2011, 12:44 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

IC:

Primero mused as more bullets collided with his target, this time finding soft, vulnerable flesh. He would have had the upper hand if things hadn't suddenly turned upside-down. From the mist of no-man's land. A studded lightning crack exploded from the muzzle of a rifle. Flame danced and flickered and in less than a second, two successive shots penetrated deeply into Emlyn's body. He howled out and was sent backwards, knocked clean of his legs onto the floor. His head was spinning and blood oozed from his wounds. This was survivable but would he last? He actually smiled when he managed to stand, yes the aggressor was a coward, attacking from an un-perceptible distance but he was a commendable shot. Primero didn't have time to calculate or plot or scheme, he fired off one last shot at Mars and then bolted for the jungle, well away from his enemies.

[A] Primero fires at Mars
[M] Primero flees to jungle

OOC: Does anyone mind if I buy quick hands with our moolah? That way I can deal four damage a turn.

03-12-2011, 12:47 AM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: By popular demand, this entry will be shorter and less pretentious.

IC: Mars's shots were in vain, every single bullet missed. Rather depressed with the turn of events, he took a look at his cover. Mars admired his creation. It was a pile of dirt and rock, with shiny metal placed on top. He patted it with his hand, reveling in his inginuity. As soon as his hand made contact with it, it collapsed and scattered everywhere.Mars sort of stood there in disbelief for a few seconds. Right when he just wanted a moment to himself, he glanced Harik looking for cover. He didn't seem to notice the pile of shiny stuff on the ground in front of Mars. This came across as rather insulting. Mars heard him curse, and was about to scold him when he yelled something. It wasn't clear at all, and Mars wasn't very sure he realized this. It was about then our good ol' moron got shot in the shoulder, the best place to get shot for lack of vital organs. The force knocked him to the ground, and dulled his hearing as he could barely hear the sound of gunfire. In pain, he gritted his teeth to not scream, not because he was manly and could handle getting shot, but because it was his first fight and didn't want to look like a ninny.

Again he heard Harik say something. It sounded like 'pie is outta sight', which obviously was wrong (or we can change the number of insane mudokon rebels to '2'). Mars simply said "what", before realizing he should focus on important matters. "Look", Mars began. "Maybe we should head to that waterfall over there" he said, suddenly noticing the aforementioned aquatic feature which was either a long walk, or a short run-for-life-as-you-get-shot away. "It might be empty." Despite being on the ground, Mars picked up his revolver which was knocked a little bit away from him, and took a few shots and Primero/Jerkface while righting himself up.

[A] Mars shoots Primero Emlyn with revolver. *DICE ROLL OF VENGENCE!!!*
[LOL] Mars exchanges friendly chit-chat with Harik about moving to the Waterfall Cave. *I THINK THIS IS HIS CALL*

OOC: I MOST CERTAINLY MIND IF YOU GET QUICK HANDS!!!

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 03-12-2011 at 12:51 AM.. : I was going to go to the jungle, but ScrabTrapMan snuck in a post (crafty devil that he is).
03-12-2011, 01:07 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

OOC: Jerkface haha! But erm, it's not your moolah to decide with boyo.

03-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

IC:
Noticing the mudokon had turned up, Scrop dashed for cover as soon as possible. At the same time, he fired with waht he hoped would be pin-point accuracy. This was not really his day. All his bullets had either missed or had just been stopped by the armour. Pushing these thoughts aside, he continued his search and his shooting.

[C] Scrop attempts to take cover *Coin flip*
[A] Scrop fires wildly at Mayson *DR*
[QH]Scrop fires wildly at Mayson *DR*

OOC: My thoughts are as follows. I think that it would be nice with a bit more foreshadowing, like a few turns to get ready for the actual fight. A way to build up a small plot and the like. I understand you like the short RPG thing, and I do too, but I do feel it could have been better with a bit more meat on the story behind it all.

The good parts are this: the combat system. In all the RPGs I have seen up til now, combat has always seemed somewhat difficult. This method however adds an element of chance which gives combat a more realistic flair.

The purchasing items is not really my cup of tea, but it works.

All in all, pretty good.

:

03-13-2011, 10:54 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

OOC: Firstly, you can't buy Oddities, Weapons or Armour after starting the game. Secondly, your team don't have enough Moolah to purchase the Oddity even if you could use it.

By the way Mars, you only do one point of damage with your revolver. You can actually do two points of damage if you use your hammer or any other melee attack.

*=*Hour 3 Results*=*

[A] Harik fired at Styner. 5 - Target takes damage
Styner: [9][3] -> [9][2]
[E] Styner's UXB Mine is stepped on by Harik. Heads - Harik takes three points of damage.
Harik: [6][1] -> [4][0]

[A] Mars shoots Primero with revolver. 3 - Target takes damage
Primero: [3][0] -> [2][0]

[C] Scrop attempts to take cover. Tails - Cover attempt failed
[M] Mayson runs into the cave to find Scrop there.
[A] Scrop fires wildly at Mayson. 2 - Target missed (I guess firing wildly doesn't work in this game :P)

[A] Primero fires at Mars. 4 - Target takes damage
Mars: [4][0] -> [2][0]
[M] Primero flees to jungle.
[A] Styner shoots his Battle Rifle at Harik. 5 - Target takes damage
Harik: [4][0] -> [3][0]

[A] Mayson shoots his Battle Rifle at Scrop. 5 - Target takes damage
Scrop: [5][0] -> [4][0]

[QH] Scrop fires wildly at Mayson. 3 - Target takes damage (Okay, maybe firing wildly works sometimes!)
Mayson: [6][1] -> [5][0]
[QH] Harik quickly fired another round at Styner. 1 - Target missed
[QH] Mayson shoots his Battle Rifle at Scrop again. 4 - Target takes damage
Scrop: [4][0] -> [3][0]

=Hour 4:Official Half-Way Point=

*- COIN FLIP FOR EVERYONE: Check how everyone is coping with Battle Fatigue-*

IC: Styner laughed. "Is that all you got? You barely pierced my armour!" He took aim with his battle rifle and fired again.

Mayson had done some damage to Scrop, but he wasn't finished by a long shot. "A UXB mine won't work against a flying enemy... I'll save it for later"

[A] Mayson throws his Paralysis Knife at Scrop.
Note: Knives don't require a dice roll but still have to be counted as an 'attack'.

@ Scrop: Please plan your turn as normal, the paralysis knife won't affect you until Hour 5.

OOC: RF, how about one throwing knife for Harik and Mars? Or maybe a Paralysis knife for Harik or Mars. Come on guys, decide fast or you won't get a chance to use it!

Note: When a character reaches [0][0], they enter a state called Death's Door. From that turn onwards, it will take a coin flip to bring them into the battle with [1][0]. A character at [0][0] cannot be attacked but can only perform one non-offensive move (and naturally can't attack anyone)

Refibrillators have a chance of bringing a character to a random number of health which is determined by a dice roll. Therefore even a successful revival by a refribrillator could end up bringing someone back with only 1 or 2 health points. Then again, it could bring back the entire squad with [6][0] but we shall see.

LET THE CARNAGE CONTINUE!

[B]
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 03-13-2011 at 10:59 AM..