Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

03-01-2010, 07:36 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

OOC:
Can I just ask where Hembar is right now? I need to keep an eye on her...

03-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: Hembar's in the basement, waiting for Mars - so she could be waiting a little while.

Sorry, Jimmy, I was a bit late for interacting with you before But I'm pretty sure there were some other characters hanging around the office who you can interact with.

03-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: I apologise for my awful laziness over these last few weeks. I've just been really unmotivated for this. I guess I was really fired for it when I was writing The Despicable, and now the story's had to be put on hold, my Oddworld-writing-motivationness has sort of died out.

And Gretin, you could have just followed SU (sorry)

I have decided that I am going to drop Grace, because frankly I just can't get him to work. Anyway, he hasn't done anything since W@RF 10 started so I don't think it'll cause any difficulty if I do drop him. I'm gonna drop some of my older characters soon, too, because it's just time for them to move on, and might have another go at introducing some that I might be happier with when the time comes.

Anyway, on mit das show.

IC:
Dionysia was standing in the doorway to the lab, watching the Big Bro (Dbreak) run around the lab sceptically. Since when had any slig on Oddworld ever known anything about how to treat any injury? She snorted when it asked for wood and metal.
"What did you do?" She asked, "Beat it a little two badly in a fight and now you're trying to fix it up before anyone notices?" She laughed.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Well... I don't know," Jim replied to Ralph, thinking of Somi and hoping Anni hadn't gone off after the paramite. "Hey, there's the garden she planted outside, to grow spices and stuff for the factory to use in their products. Maybe she went out there."

ooc: Yeah, i know kinda convenient that Jim picked the right place out of the air but this is getting rather dull. Feel free to take us outside, Gretin.

Last edited by Splat; 03-04-2010 at 06:43 AM..
03-05-2010, 11:36 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

: Nov 2009
: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)

IC:

---Flad---

Flad nodded to KK7's request and picked up a couple of his bags, trying not to carry too much since the added weight might damage his rusty pants. "Alright then, lets go." Flad walked up to the turn in the corridor and looked back waiting for the others.

---Slen---

Slen stood stil as Dbreak prodded his arm and Erp entered the Lab. The Big Bro then prodded Slen's left forearm "Argh, that's it" and then Slen realised what the other Mudokon (Dionysia) said. "Heh, no I... Fell down the stairs." Slen said beginning to feel foolish and hoping that the Mudokon doesn't start laughing at him.

My DA page.

03-06-2010, 01:53 PM
~Oprilthevykker~
Boombat

: Dec 2009
: n/a
: 232
~Oprilthevykker~  (4)

Name: Opril.

Species: Vykker.

Age: 56 Years old. (The Typical life span for a Vykker is 120 years.)

Sex: Male.

Appearance: His skin is a little darker then a normal Vykker, and his right eye is black, for he's blind in it. His other eye has a little invention of his, a thermal scanner, like eye-glass, giving him the ability to see things much easier with that eye to make up for only having one. He has a big red "O" on the side of his head, for "Opril".

Personality: Down right twisted, he's very hard to read at times as his attitude changes constantly, at times he's kind and helpful.. while other times he's pure evil.

Equipment: His Thermal Lens, he wields a small operating saw on one of his hands (Lil' Hacker saw.), that he switches around to other hands from time to time. And his belt that he keeps his saw in.

History: He was the owner of a medical center not far from where new yolk city was. The Medical center (Opril's Cut Hut), got much business.. wandering outlaws would come in to have bullets removed from them and things such as that. One day, while operating on a slog who's jaw had been broken, an outlaw that had been there earlier to have his broken arm repaired, set a fire to the Cut hut.
"This'll teach ya' for sowing my arm on backwards, ya idiot!" The outlaw yelled.
Opril escaped out the window in the back, making his way off into the deep dark woods. After miles of walking.. feeding off the slog he'd been fixing up before, he reached the feeco depo, hopping onto the train and heading to the popular "Rupturefarms". He realized his business had been ruined.. so he figured he could make a ton of moolah at rupturefarms. Though, he's not sure what he could do at a meat farm.

Ic: Arriving at rupture farms, by Feeco train.. Opril stepped out the train
into the company. "Ah, what a lovely place.. I'm getting an overwhelming feeling
of torture and sorrow here." Opril stated, while walking around aimlessly.

"I wonder where someone that could assist me in where to sign up is at? there has
to be a helping hand around here somewhere." He said, holding his hips with all four
of his arms. While looking around, his thermal lens picked up a figure not far away (Flad),
wondering if he could hear him yell for help, from where he was at. "Eh, it's worth a try." Opril said, inhaling deeply through his fangs. "ASSISTANCE NEEDED!!!!!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs, hoping the sound vibrations could reach the unknown figure.

----------------------------

Ooc: It's Good to be back, kinda.

03-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Ok, first, why are you re-entering the factory? Your character is already in the factory.
Second, why did you spam in the profile thread by posting a profile that's already in there?

I've deleted your double-post in the profile thread but seriously, why?

03-07-2010, 09:16 AM
~Oprilthevykker~
Boombat

~Oprilthevykker~  (4)

Ooc: Because i'm restarting from not being here for three months. Roll with it.

03-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Splat

ooc: So you want us to forget everything you did and try and pretend that it's a new character coming in and not one people already know?
No; we're not rewriting the story just for your convenience. Pick up from where you left off (your character can have moved from where he last was, but he's still in the factory) or don't join in.

03-07-2010, 04:43 PM
~Oprilthevykker~
Boombat

~Oprilthevykker~  (4)

Ooc: i'll just not join in then, kay, kay.

03-07-2010, 11:51 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

IC: Borso nodded. "Okay then, double-time!" He jogs a bit faster, trying to carry some of the bags without dropping them. Borso caught up to Flad and gave him a cheeky smile before overtaking him and moving forward.

OOC: Okay KK7, your turn! I am surprised to see Opril back, I thought that character was gone for good. Oh well, should be interesting at least.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

03-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

: Jan 2010
: Spain-Cantabria-Castro.Urdiale
: 69
Uros Osium Tokker  (19)
Wired

***OOC***

Sorry I am not around much, school is raping me a little bit more (Ok, a lot more) than I thought so I can’t get to write or create things as much as I would like to x3 Yet I will try to get to be around as much as I can :3... Which probably won’t be as much as *I* want T_T
Also, Outsider will take up to a day "in game" to show up again 83 but will be back x3 I hope I can give some juice with that one >:3

***IC***

***KK7***

Taking up everything he could, even with the few tentacles he had, KK7 muffled something between the lines of a "Thank you" and something understandable thanks to his babbling. He simply got the things and huffed forward to fallow the others as fast as he could with the damn ton of things the two of them had packed.

***Dbreak***

Sighing, Dbreak touched again the arm of Slen with a grunt escaping his mouth.

*Different management? Was going to be better?* He thought *My ass... this is not looking as bad as I thought but also not as good*

"I thought this management was a bit different than most places?" He asked out loud while letting Slen's arm quietly over the table "Don’t move that... Why should I beat someone down then?"

He looked at whoever had spoken, half hoping for a Vykker, but seeing a Mudokon with strange coloration, and stranger, a female. He was not used to them since they hardly were seen, they were up for more delicate work since they weren’t as strong as males, as well as for the reason they broke easily... Dbreak didn’t like the last reason but the Glukkons were that friendly.

"Is my first day here, I don’t hit anyone without a reason and since I am used to live in the wild with my friend" He showed up the guns in his arms "I am mostly used to bounty Outlaws, which are sturdier than most Mudokons. I doubt anyone here would even need a medic afterwards if I gave them a beating" He chuckled, not really meaning it before looking at the Mudokon girl with a grin "Don’t think that for being big I am as stupid as others… am not smart as a Vykker, ok, but I have lived enough to be however *I* want, learn whatever I can and see many things”

Dbreak grunted, thinking that he should finish and return with his friend soon or he would, sooner or later, blow something up if he felt under pressure.

Finally he took up Slen's arm again and spoke without looking at anyone in particular "Now, if someone is kind enough to give me what I asked? The bone, I think is broken, needs at least a mending so it doesn’t get any worse"
-Half the world then?
Shut up and get me some skulls...

DA:
http://headhunterentertain.deviantart.com/

03-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Splat

ooc: Well, I'm waiting for Gretin so I can move Jim, but I've been waiting a long time so I'll get on with Dionysia!

IC:
Dionysia was slightly annoyed that the big bro had been able to answer her reasonably, so she retorted irritably, "Oh yeah? Every other big bro I've met has been the same; the drugs they use to pump them up like a balloon turns their brains to mush."
She let that insult hang for a moment before adding, "Anyway, who taught you medicine?"

ooc: Sorry for shortness.

Gretin? I need you.....

03-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: I'm waiting on Gretin too. Damn that guy, he always takes AGES to post!

Uh yeah, anyway, here I am Sorry about the wait. Oh, and in reply to:
:
And Gretin, you could have just followed SU (sorry)
I could have, but I didn't think it was terribly realistic for Jim and Ralph to have followed and conveniently not been seen by the vykker who came and modified SU-01, and surely they wouldn't have taken THAT long to follow him that the vykker had already left. But nevermind, what's done is dumb. I mean, done.

IC:

"Alright," Ralph replied to Jim, "let's go then."

They went out the exit of the building rather uneventfully, then in the distance Ralph could see, sure enough, the pink mudokon (Anni) tending to some garden.

"Looks like you were right," he said to Jim, then fell silent - he barely knew the girl so he'd let Jim do the talking.

03-16-2010, 07:51 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

: Aug 2009
: Oddworld Forums, Internet
: 682
MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: Alright, I might be leaving these forums, but just in case can someone tell me where everyone's character is? And to explain my leave of absence...Mars fell asleep. Ya, that'll work. I fall asleep all the time...

03-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Splat

ooc: Mars and Hembar are the only two left in the basement. Hembar has been standing around waiting for your narcoleptic mudokon to do something.

03-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

: Mar 2010
: UK
: 24
Crescent  (25)

Would it be okay to have a female slig?
Tt be a sub-specie of slig.
Any how character name is Mindy an emerald eyed slig (sub-specie from snowy moutains unlike their green cousins they have no queen and build their own pants and wings from salvage yards which they steal from. They act much like native muds but of late they are falling victim getting captured and enslaved. Mindy was only 11 when she was snatched from her tree top village by vykkers labs. For 5 years as the only female guard in an underground vykker's lab and is wanting get transfured to Rupture farms as she hates vykkers bossing her)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs6/i/200...X_crescent.jpg

Last edited by Crescent; 03-17-2010 at 02:14 PM..
03-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Splat

ooc: There have been female sligs in the past, though they've been a lot less common than female mudokons. So yeah, you can be one, but as a general rule W@RF has been pretty against 'original species', so I suggest you make her a part of the normal slig race who's female because of a genetic mutation or vykkers' experiment or something, and refine her backstory a bit.

Also, if you haven't RPGed before, you should read the 'Information and Advice for RPG Newbies' thread first.

03-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

"Lonely...I'm so lonely...I have nobody...to RP wiiiiith"

-----IC-----

"Well, seems like I won't be able to accomplish my objective anytime soon. Better use my "unemployed time" wisely. I'll go check some security systems around the facility. I hope this will help sorting that terrorist threat issue."

So as he went away, he send a quick notice to the Boss' computer :

"Lock-down cancellation request still pending approval. Going on patrol."

And so he took some random corridors, checking his plans of the factory, fixing broken security stuff here and there. He finally decided to go outside of the building for what he thought would be the first time since his arrival. He headed to the Fee-Co station and hovered under the tracks to finally reach the ground. He went around the stockyards, trying to fix the fences the best he could, but he soon gave up, after seeing the miles of damaged fences around him.

"Let's find another way to keep those Mudokons away" he thought. " The outside watchtowers don't look too damaged, and according to my plan, they are powered by a generator nearby." He looked up at the grayish sky around the factory. These clouds were creating a permanent twilight, be it the morning or the middle of the day.

"Lighting up the surroundings would be a good start."

He headed to the generator bay, next to the stockyards. He finally arrived in front of the room he was looking for. According to its plans, the generator was more like a switch, as it was already powered by the main generator that kept the meat processing machinery running. He pulled down a couple of levers and the generator finally started. He went outside. The watch towers were slowly lighting up, spreading a yet dim but soon to be powerful light around them.

"Try to sneak past this now. You will be as stealthy as a Sligmas tree. And the last thing you'll see will be a half-hundred red dots on your chest. At least you'll die being useful...Free Mudokon Pops meat, native flavored" SU said in a cold voice.

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 03-18-2010 at 01:49 AM..
03-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

Crescent  (25)

:
ooc: There have been female sligs in the past, though they've been a lot less common than female mudokons. So yeah, you can be one, but as a general rule W@RF has been pretty against 'original species', so I suggest you make her a part of the normal slig race who's female because of a genetic mutation or vykkers' experiment or something, and refine her backstory a bit.

Also, if you haven't RPGed before, you should read the 'Information and Advice for RPG Newbies' thread first.
Sweet ^w^ okay I'll see what I can do be back on Thursday or Firday.
been up all night studying so needs rest now.
I had another slig that was male called Mace and he was a grey colour due to wandering into a temple and gets granted parmite tatto.

For Mindy's case I guess for her she could be a female mutant much like the albino slig?
03-17-2010, 11:48 PM
enchilado
I don't even know!

: Brisbane, Australia
: 2,749
enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)

[-- ooc --]

Perhaps she was just born infertile.
03-18-2010, 12:22 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

OOC:

Don't forget to post a profile.

03-18-2010, 03:19 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)

OOC:

Hello Crescent, maybe your Slig could just be ordinary, but act like a woman (since most Sligs have no sex)

Actually this is basically what Ench said

IC

------Flad------

Flad laughed as Borso went on ahead after giving him a cheeky smile. "R+R is just up ahead" Flad said to KK7 and led through the door after they finally reached it.

Once entering the room and placing KK7's bags next to a nearby bed Flad looked out a window to see the lights gradually lighting up brighter and brighter. The view started to make Flad relax and for the first time he realised that the travelling to Rupture Farms and the chasing of the native Mud had tired him out. "Hey Borso, is that Nap still available?" Flad asked, walked over to a bed and collapsed onto it "I think I'll join you"

My DA page.

03-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

Crescent  (25)
Happy Mindy the slig

Hellos popping on to drop off Mindy's pofile.

Name: Mindy
Race: Slig
Appearance: Creamish ivory skin with pale orange broken tiger like stripes starting from top

of her head, trails down her back and has a few stripes on her tentacle mouth.
Dusky emerald green eyes. Dull silver pants with a single claw like points the back of the of

the heels have fins to allow her to swim. Pants convert to wings after pressing a purple

button on the belt line.

Personality: She is wary of others acting some what bicthy to protect herself, but once she

warms up, Mindy is gentle and understanding but will take no bully crap just because she is a

female.
Equipment: The usual gun but also a custom made ratchet since she enjoys inventing and

repairing things makes a great self defence weapon.
History: Born into a native slig village near Monsaic as neutral neighbours to the muds. She

was just 5 when she was snatched away (while with out permission finding parts in salvage yard

to make pants which is the only thing her tribe use that’s industrial. )
Carried off unconscious by a big bro slig who had taken Mindy to an underground Vykker's lab.

Vykkers finding a prime test subject used her in enhancement testing such as better eye sight

in the dark. Worst testing was when an injection grew her a tail it hurt pretty badly as it

busted out of her lower spine. (Ouch -x- )

Mindy once tried to escape but was soon found since having a

tracking bangle that she can't get off.

Whew
03-19-2010, 04:40 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

OOC: Firstly, welcome Cresent. Mindy sounds like an interesting character. I like the drawing of her. Sounds like Borso found some company! (wolf whistles!) Just kidding!

IC: Borso walked through the door and sneezed, the dust on the wall was pretty pungent and made him want to open a window. He decided to just brush the dust away instead. Borso was surprised for a moment. "Oh um, yeah", Borso moved nervously to his bunk and was glad that Sligs enjoyed to sleep in seperate beds.

Borso sighed, "I feel so alone sometimes" Borso shivers to himself, putting a blanket overhimself and falling to a sleep. He dreams about a female Slig called Prudence. The Slig is flying in the sky with wings. The Slig appears to be carrying a large stash of diamonds. When Borso awakes, he does not remember the dream at all.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

03-19-2010, 11:30 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

: Aug 2009
: Oddworld Forums, Internet
: 682
MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: This is all to confusing...I don't know what to do...

03-20-2010, 07:42 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

OOC:
Subtlely write your character out of the story somehow. For the love of God, don't start spamming again.

03-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

Crescent  (25)

:
OOC: Firstly, welcome Cresent. Mindy sounds like an interesting character. I like the drawing of her. Sounds like Borso found some company! (wolf whistles!) Just kidding!

IC: Borso walked through the door and sneezed, the dust on the wall was pretty pungent and made him want to open a window. He decided to just brush the dust away instead. Borso was surprised for a moment. "Oh um, yeah", Borso moved nervously to his bunk and was glad that Sligs enjoyed to sleep in seperate beds.

Borso sighed, "I feel so alone sometimes" Borso shivers to himself, putting a blanket overhimself and falling to a sleep. He dreams about a female Slig called Prudence. The Slig is flying in the sky with wings. The Slig appears to be carrying a large stash of diamonds. When Borso awakes, he does not remember the dream at all.
Tee hee your welcome and I would glad let Mindy hang out with your chara Borso ^^

what does he look like is he the same as the red slig in your avitar?
03-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

Crescent  (25)

Right I will make a start finally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The night's rain making tiny drops upon the round window framed by steel casting, the light from
Sodium-vapor lamp from outsight harshly loomed and settled upon a hammock made from pacthes of padded wall mat and scrubs where a sleeping slig was snug as a bug in the blanket.
This slig was rare upon its kind for one it was female, creamish-ivory skin with light orange tiger like markings dotted round her body.
Blinking one emarld green eye open before squinting it closed she turned and snuggled
Bed time was only time Mindy could relax rest of the time was egg shells mode day in day out in the underground vykkers labs
she would offten plot how to escape but ended up failing. The only way out now it seemed was to get out this hell hole was to some how get a promotion discretely but how?

Last edited by Crescent; 03-20-2010 at 12:38 PM..
03-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Splat

ooc: Uh, to avoid problems I recommend you start with your character arriving at Rupture Farms. So you can get involved in things more quickly. Don't worry about any vagueness in backstory; you can work that out as you go along

Also, remember to keep track of the timeline of the story as it goes on. So not a lot of time is passing in the RPG at the moment so if your character had to think of a plan and pull it off and all before coming, it would be a long time before she got here! You want to try and move at the same pace as everybody else.

(This does lead to some pretty strange occurences, but time never makes sense in RPGs and it tends to have a negative effect if you try and impose a timeline. Just keep pace with people and it's ok )

03-21-2010, 02:20 AM
Scrabby
Zappfly

: Finland
: 7
Scrabby  (21)

Name: Anti
Race: Slig
Appearance: Big scar in head otherwise looks like normal Slig.
Equipment: Gun
History: He were in scrabania and scrab bate him in head, but Anti survived it and went to RuptureFarms

Last edited by Scrabby; 03-21-2010 at 02:21 AM.. : You can't equip food. :)