Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

04-03-2022, 01:55 PM
Manco
Posts walls of text

: Aug 2007
: based damage system
: 4,751
Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)
I made a new thread.

Unlike some people who chase mass-market appeal and kowtow to the lowest common denominator, I choose to follow my passion and create what I want to make. Like this thread.

Anyway, speaking of passions - what's your current hobby? I'm mainly into Warhammer and D&D these days. Painting minis and designing adventures is a nice creative outlet.

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)

Last edited by Manco; 04-03-2022 at 01:55 PM.. : forum software doesn't like en dashes, boo
04-03-2022, 06:31 PM
Nepsotic
8===========D~

: Aug 2011
: 5,425
Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)

what I've learned is that manco is a hypocrite with no integrity and no principles

Edit: wtf that's massive lmao

they voted no to convince me not to, so they could steal my idea and work. yes, I did vote yes this is true, but the simple reason is that i changed my mind

Last edited by Nepsotic; 04-03-2022 at 06:34 PM..
04-04-2022, 02:53 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

: Nov 2007
: shit creek
: 5,106
MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

no you are wrong and that giant image is just deflecting from your woke anti-heteroism. whatever that fucking is.

edit:
:
Anyway, speaking of passions - what's your current hobby? I'm mainly into Warhammer and D&D these days. Painting minis and designing adventures is a nice creative outlet.
it's funny you mention warhammer because i've been getting back into that recently too. not buying minis but exploring skaven armies and lore and also getting interested in WH fantasy roleplay again. i prefer the earlier editions of FRP like first and second, i feel like what i've seen of the newest edition makes things too easy for the players in combat.

also praise you for painting minis. i've tried but i cannot do that, i just end up ruining them.

Last edited by MA; 04-04-2022 at 03:07 AM..
04-04-2022, 05:18 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

Hey I've been getting into 40K again a little more recently too. I'm also learning farsi and working on a photography project.
.من ستم م

.من دوست ورمسر درام

@MA trust you to get into the fucking rat army.

04-04-2022, 07:09 AM
Manco
Posts walls of text

Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)

:
what I've learned is that manco is a hypocrite with no integrity and no principles
Hey, you asked whether you should make a new thread. My vote has nothing to do about me making a thread.

:
it's funny you mention warhammer because i've been getting back into that recently too. not buying minis but exploring skaven armies and lore and also getting interested in WH fantasy roleplay again. i prefer the earlier editions of FRP like first and second, i feel like what i've seen of the newest edition makes things too easy for the players in combat.
Ah neat, Skaven are pretty fun. I sadly don't know much about the fantasy side of Warhammer, although I've started up a small Daughters of Khaine collection and played a few games of Warcry. I hear good things about the older editions of the Warhammer roleplay games though!

:
also praise you for painting minis. i've tried but i cannot do that, i just end up ruining them.
Don't worry, if it's any consolation I never get more than 2 colors into a model before I get bored. Most of my collection is half-painted or just plastic.

:
Hey I've been getting into 40K again a little more recently too. I'm also learning farsi and working on a photography project.
Ah nice, what faction(s) you collect?

:
.من ستم م

.من دوست ورمسر درام
wow google translate does not know what to do with this

04-04-2022, 08:22 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

My sister's very into Warhammer stuff, ever since she realized she could paint the miniatures but not have to play with them.

She's quite happy to do that. And 3D print imitations or setpieces to paint. She's only interested in the game so she can do those things.

My latest hobby has mainly been cooking and writing my second (or third, depending on your count) novel. I'm three quarters of the way done with it, I'd say, but I've reached a point where it's hard to figure out how I want to continue. It's been a very difficult one to write, because it's very personal to me, very much about my childhood, my future, my aversions, my fears, pains I've never really fully processed and people I've met who've changed my whole life in ways they probably aren't even cognizant of.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

04-04-2022, 10:53 AM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

: Feb 2007
: New Jersey
: 1,438
Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)

i feel like i do almost nothing these days lately if i'm not at work, or otherwise busy, i'm just at home playing elden ring lol.

for a while though i've been wanting to work on a comic i've been developing for like, the past 5 years or so. it's very hard to find the time and energy for it, but i'd like to do so! i've done some small things for it like a couple of character designs, and fairly large google doc outlines.

:
I'm mainly into Warhammer and D&D these days. Painting minis and designing adventures is a nice creative outlet.
:

painting minis is so cool and looks like fun, though i definitely feel that MA. i haven't played D&D for like the past year or so but there was a span of time when a bunch of friends and I were doing a couple campaigns together. some of it is hard to wrap my head around admittedly (I'm the type of person who will space the fuck out if you try to explain a board game's rules to me) but it was still pretty rad. i've thought about doing my own campaign but it seems a little overwhelming haha.
04-05-2022, 11:05 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

:
@MA trust you to get into the fucking rat army.
lol yeah skaven are awesome. i actually used to collect them around the early 2000's before they became popularized in games like total war and vermintide. at the time it was a choice between skaven or nurgle cuz nurgle are pretty cool too, but the ratties won me over.

:
Don't worry, if it's any consolation I never get more than 2 colors into a model before I get bored. Most of my collection is half-painted or just plastic.
same here, my whole army was just plastic. i don't know if the models are different now but back then you had to glue the arms, legs, torso and head together for each model giving you a lot of freedom on how you want your army to look. that was the best part for me. i'm not sure if these days the models are one whole piece or not.

:
painting minis is so cool and looks like fun, though i definitely feel that MA. i haven't played D&D for like the past year or so but there was a span of time when a bunch of friends and I were doing a couple campaigns together. some of it is hard to wrap my head around admittedly (I'm the type of person who will space the fuck out if you try to explain a board game's rules to me) but it was still pretty rad. i've thought about doing my own campaign but it seems a little overwhelming haha.
yeah recently i have a proper hankering to play a WHFRP campaign but i don't know anyone whose into that shit, and i definitely don't want to be GM or DM or whatever you call it because i'm not compos mentis enough to do that competently lol. i wouldn't know where to begin, man.
04-06-2022, 12:07 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

:
Hey, you asked whether you should make a new thread. My vote has nothing to do about me making a thread.

Ah neat, Skaven are pretty fun. I sadly don't know much about the fantasy side of Warhammer, although I've started up a small Daughters of Khaine collection and played a few games of Warcry. I hear good things about the older editions of the Warhammer roleplay games though!

Ah nice, what faction(s) you collect?

wow google translate does not know what to do with this

It says "I am STM." Then next line, "I like Warhammer."

Apparently Google shits the bed when you transliterate anything in Farsi, lol.

I collect necrons and death guard, although I haven't painted anything in time. If you have IG you can see my work @gagulta.

:
lol yeah skaven are awesome. i actually used to collect them around the early 2000's before they became popularized in games like total war and vermintide. at the time it was a choice between skaven or nurgle cuz nurgle are pretty cool too, but the ratties won me over.

same here, my whole army was just plastic. i don't know if the models are different now but back then you had to glue the arms, legs, torso and head together for each model giving you a lot of freedom on how you want your army to look. that was the best part for me. i'm not sure if these days the models are one whole piece or not.

yeah recently i have a proper hankering to play a WHFRP campaign but i don't know anyone whose into that shit, and i definitely don't want to be GM or DM or whatever you call it because i'm not compos mentis enough to do that competently lol. i wouldn't know where to begin, man.

GW really fucked the customisable aspect of the game to be honest. A lot of the kits are monopose these days.

I do love skaven though. I never really got into WHFB or AoS, but I always thought skaven and tomb kings were fucking cool.

Didn't like then turning necrons into space tomb kings, though. Didn't like that one bit.

04-06-2022, 02:00 AM
Manco
Posts walls of text

:
:
I collect necrons and death guard, although I haven't painted anything in time. If you have IG you can see my work @gagulta.
A lot of the newer models are monopose or have very limited posing options, but they do make up for that by having really nice poses and way more detail than the older kits. The issue is that there's a trade-off when you allow for too much freedom in the posing, that means every pose you can make just feels a little flat.

:
As someone who currently DMs for one game and at one point last year was DMing for 3 games a week - yeah it can be rough if you get in too deep. It's hella satisfying though, if you can get a low-stakes game set up and running to give it a try you might surprise yourself.

:
[...]
Didn't like then turning necrons into space tomb kings, though. Didn't like that one bit.
Necrons are my jam, that's the faction that originally got me into the setting. I've made my peace with the changes to their lore - it's allowed them to have much more personality and character, while taking away the feeling of them being overpowered. Now they're immortal psycopaths who killed their gods and enslaved their broken shards, what's not to love?

04-06-2022, 05:47 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

To be fair that's true. I do love that they've been able to bring some characterisation and, I suppose, explore the tragedy of their fall in more detail. I think what I disliked most about the oldcron retcon was that they've made them this digital upload cyberiad hive mind techno-computer race, whereas before we didn't really know much about their reanimation protocols, how the command structure worked etc., essentially their technology was so far advanced as to be magic to us. I dunno I suppose it's been like 4 editions since they updated them and I need to get with it.

Also, League of Votann sounds exciting. Will be interesting to see if the squats really are the Demiurg.

04-06-2022, 01:40 PM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

:
A lot of the newer models are monopose or have very limited posing options, but they do make up for that by having really nice poses and way more detail than the older kits. The issue is that there's a trade-off when you allow for too much freedom in the posing, that means every pose you can make just feels a little flat.
yeah that makes sense, thinking about it there were quite a few limitations in posability with the old models. for example a simple infantry unit would have arms bent at the elbows to imitate marching along or whatever, so obviously you couldn't do something like have one of them cheering with sword and shield in the air because the arms aren't fucking straight. character models were centered around keeping unit formations together and trudging around the battlefield.

:
As someone who currently DMs for one game and at one point last year was DMing for 3 games a week - yeah it can be rough if you get in too deep. It's hella satisfying though, if you can get a low-stakes game set up and running to give it a try you might surprise yourself.
i would fucking love to. i need friends. i'm a miserable cunt and no one likes me. help me get friends.