Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Non-Oddworld Gaming

04-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Cyber-Slig

: Jul 2004
: Mongolia
: 1,225
Cyber-Slig  (10)

:
So basically, you need everyone essential for modding?

I'll help, I know a bit about scripting and the CS, though I need Oblivion on PC first. Can you still access all of the voice and music files like you could in Morrowind?
I have no clue to be honest, I'm still waiting on my PC Version to arrive from eBay. I'm guessing you can, if not, we can always just copy and take them from Morrowind.

EDIT: Oh, and the things I have planned. Copy and pasted from the Elder Scrolls forums:

I've been playing the 360 Oblivion and it's a great game. The one flaw that has constantly put me off though is - You have to be good, you have to save the world, and you have to destroy the Mythic Dawn. So I started writing and thinking one night, and I came up with this. I planned it allot though, so this mod isn't going to simply be something that lets you do small quests for the Mythic Dawn, no, allot more, including

-New Quests

-New Factions

-New Races

-New Items, Weapons and Armours

-New smaller features, which will make the game a whole load funner

-New spells

-New Houses

-Alternate ending to the game!

So let us start with Quests. This will begin with adding a new quest once you can escape the sewers. This will involve finding a tired Scamp in the middle of the Colovian Highlands. He will explain to you his story about he and his brothers being chased out of the Imperial City, after being found in a Daedric Cultist's basement. The basic quest will involve you running around finding several pieces of Venison and Ale. Afterwords, you may return to the Scamp and he will show you his hide-out. In this cave, is some spikes you find in Oblivion Gates, some lava flowing, two Clannfear Runts, Scamps and a few bedrolls. Handing over the meat will enable you to use this new cave as your home. The Scamp's quests are really easy, stealing shiny rings, hunting more food, and heading to the Cultist's House and retrieving an amulet. After that, these Scamps give you some rusty Daedric armour, it won't be as nice as the level 20ish type, and will be very cracked and broke. It will basically be like the low level's Steel Armour. The Scamps begin to get hungry once again, and you notice this will definately be a problem. At which point, you head to the Market District and ask a new NPC in the Mystic Emporium about one of the rings you stole. He will find one, and exclaim how rare it is and how much it is worth. You may may sell this to anyone now, then you will get a quest for a new house, which will involve constructing a small shack on top of the cave, complete with some Daedric guards.

Now for Factions. The two obvious factions we will have are the Mythic Dawn, and the Dremora. I have no plans to add Necromancers, Blackwood Company or any other ''evil'' factions at this point. Now, these two factions will have more or less the same missions, but the difference is the rewards and methods of missions. The Mythic Dawn will be heavily based on Magic and/or Stealth. Rewards for them will be spells such as summoning the Assassin Armour, some Daedric staffs, swords, daggers and bows, and several spells that will allow summoning of different Daedra. The Dremora will be more of a Combat based faction. No magic, no stealth, no nonsense. Their rewards will be several two-handed weapons, shields, and several sets of Daedra Armour, ranging from the lowly grunt Armour to Mehrunes Dagon's right-hand man's armour.

Races. We all want them, half of our current races are just humans! This mod will attempt to add as many logical races which will have a connection to Daedra. These will include -

Ogres - These are Malacath's little brothers, they will be heavily combat oriented, but useless at stealth and magic. And I mean useless.

Dremora - We have several mods of these already, so they shouldn't be a problem. They will be a Daedric - version of the Imperials. They're good at everything, but not brilliant or rubbish or something.

Atronachs - These will be limited to new Earth Atronachs and Frost Atronachs. These will be great at Combat and Magic. but brilliant in a mix. Useless at stealth.

Scamps - The stealth race. They will be rather bad when it comes to close combat, but when it comes to sticking a knife in that guard's neck, they will be more than good. They will also be pretty good with Destruction and Illusion.

Possibly more races. Before you ask about other Daedra however, no, reasons being will be explained here.

Spider Daedra - They can't wear leg or foot armour, can't mount Horses.

Clannfear - Not human in any sense. They're animals.

Storm/Fire Atronachs - Fire Atronachs can't really wear armour, except what they already have. And their head might cause a few problems. Storm Atronachs are obvious, they're broken up into tiny little pieces. Can't wear any armour.

Imps - I'm not sure if they're even Daedra. But regardless, they're way too small and don't walk, they fly.

Being a Daedric/Evil race will not prohibit you from joining any guilds or completing the game as a good guy. The same goes for the ''good'' races, they may complete the game as evil and join the evil guilds.

As for Items, Weapons and Armour. These have been explained a bit before. Simply more Daedric Weapons/Armour, the ability to wear Mythic Dawn Armour and several new pieces of furniture, including sacrificial daggers and Mythic Dawn banners.

Smaller features won't be as small as they suggest. They simply don't have much to do with the main quest. The one I will reveal right now is for evil characters:

Dying will transform you into a soul. Wraith for male, ghost for female. In this form, you cannot attack anything, pick up anything or talk with anyone. Your job right now is to find a person to possess. Only some NPCs can be possessed, those vital to any quests, or people such as Counts and Countesses, cannot be possessed. An NPC may only be possessed once for 24 hours. Every 6 hours, they go up a 25% possessed meter, like the Vampire thing. People will remark upon this, and will refuse to sell you things at 50% and have 0 disposition unless you talk to them. Possessed characters cannot drop items, but they can equip and unequip them. The goal of possessing someone is to use them to find your corpse. Your corpse will remain where you died for 1 week. At the end of the week, if you still haven't found your corpse, it will appear in the Temple district of the Imperial city, in the graveyard. You must dig up your corpse, to be yourself again. The possessed character will then flee and have a disposition of 0. Be warned though, your infamy will go up by 1 each time you do this, as people will think you are Undead.

As for spells, I explained them a bit before. These will include summoning Assassin armour (Stealth people will get this armour forever eventually), summoning new Daedra, and plenty new charm spells if people hate your guts.

Houses! These new houses will be gained and explained throughtout the evil questline, they go in this order:

- A Scamp Cave

- A Shack with some Dremora Guards, and the Scamp Cave in your basement.

- A wealthy home, the Dremora will still be here, but it will look more like a Cheydinhal House and the Scamps will no longer live in the a cave, more like a wealthy basement for you to perform your Daedric rituals!

- A large manor, similiar to that of the large estates and farms you find in the wilderness. Will be completely patrolled by Dremora and the house will have a meeting point for the Mythic Dawn in the basement, where you will now get quests.

- A home in Paradise! It will be a large, lush cave, complete with Dremora and Xivilia guards, and a large waterfall.

- Your own plane in Oblivion. As large as the ones already in-game, and customisable to your desire.

And the new ending. I don't want to spoil this for people who haven't completed the game, so let's just say Mehrunes Dagon doesn't lose his ''little'' fight at the end. Completing the game as evil will have VERY large effects on the game, including

- The sky will permanently be red, like when you approach an Oblivion gate.

- All guards will be replaced by armoured Dremoras. They won't fine you or arrest you, unless you attack or steal from a Mythic Dawn member or a Daedra.

- Cities will now look tainted, filled with large spikes and flowing lava. Everyone will fear and respect you, even the Counts and Countesses!

- Oblivion gates will stay open, the Daedra inside will treat you as friendly, and you cannot take the Sigil Stone.

- Survivor rebels! You'll find many new forts and small towns now inhabitated by former guards and civilians. They will attack you and other Dremora. Don't take them lightly, Without a good few Daedra at your side, they'll turn you to mush. You'll also find them working together with people you never imagined them too. That's right. Whenever you enter a Vampire infested fort now, you'll find Vampires and Imperial Guards working together. Whenever you enter Ayleid Ruins, you will find High Elves working together with their formers brothers, who are now Undead. Necromancer Lairs will have Mage's Guild members working together with Necromancers! You'll even find Orcs working together with Goblins, the most annoying creatures in the whole of Tamriel.

There's allot more I have in mind, but I need a team first. Members I need are:

Modellers - We need them for new races, new weapons and armour.

Texturers - To finish the Modelerr's models

Animators - To give some life to those new models.

Voices Actors/Actresses - Unless there is just going to be some subtitles and no voices, we need you people.

Voice Editors - We need Dremora voices, I'm sure the average human voice won't sound very demonic and threatening.

Scripters/Triggerers - I need allot of you people. I'm not so good with scripting or triggering, but I'll try my best atleast.

Even if you do not have any of those skills, we can still use what skills you do have. Are you an artist? Draw some concept arts for the mod! Do you make music? Great, we can use some more ''dark'' music for the evil side. I don't fit any of the required jobs, but I'll make houses, write the storyline and write what characters say and do. You can do the same!

All those wishing to contribute or join the team should e-mail me or add me at ThomasTheScot@msn.com

I realise how massive this entire idea is, considering I just spent an hour typing it out. I also realise not everything I have told you about so far will appear in the mod, even if I get the team, but it's worth a shot. Currently I'm waiting for my PC Version to be delivered, so I thought of the whole idea. And some questions I know I will be asked, will be answered here -

Why aren't you adding anything to the ''good'' side?
This is a mod for evil. Like Bethesda done for Oblivion, I'd rather focus on one part of the gameplay to make it amazing, rather than two. Ofcourse, you can always make your own good mod.

What if I don't like my faction?
No problem, you can switch at any time simply by doing the other faction's quest. You can only switch once and have an emergancy switch-back once which will remove any quest rewards, armour and spells you bought while on the faction you switched to. Afterwords, you may not ever switch again. You may also not switch if you have reached the part where you must steal the Mysterium Xarxes. Stealing it, or doing one of the new quests for the Mythic Dawn will keep you in that faction, so choose wisely.

Last edited by Cyber-Slig; 04-26-2006 at 07:45 AM..
04-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

That's quite the massive idea.

The one challenging idea that may be a problem is all the races, save the Dremora of course. There is a lot of crap about facegen, and I think the body is always default. Not so 'unseamless' as the last game's bodies.

That's the only thing I find quite challenging so far... And it may be completely simple when I get to use the CS. The rest could be done quite feasabley. But you need good voice actors for a good mod, especially for Oblivion.

I can be a texturer and general CS person.

04-27-2006, 07:26 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Yeah, the races weren't something I was too bothered about. Depending on how the mod goes, I'll see about the races. Since neither of us have the CS yet, we could try a few practice runs first.
04-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Godlesswanderer
Naked & Pimping

: Dec 2004
: Essex, England
: 1,183
Godlesswanderer  (22)

I may be able to help with modelling and possibly textures. The only problem being I'm not all that good. But then, that's up to you to decide. Check out my art thread and my DeviantART gallery and decide for yourself .

04-27-2006, 01:52 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

I can texture faces using bump maps with Photoshop and 3d Studio Max.

Unfortunately, I won't have access to 3dSM for another 2 months after this week, but I'd love to texture some new Dremora face skins. If you need something like that in a couple months, let me know. I'd be happy to make a new Dremora skin texture, I'd just need the flat map of the face (and I suppose the horns as well).

If you ask me, the only Dremora race mod I've seen wasn't that impressive. The skins were muddy.

The mod you have set out right now is ungodly huge though! You'll need a MONSTER team to put that whole thing together in a timely manner (meaning... under a year). I'd cut a few things down if I were you.

Maybe set your main goal to creating a single new faction that lets you fight on the side of the Dremora instead of helping Martin? That would give the different ending you're wanting, and it would also make the whole playable Dremora race and custom Plane of Oblivion thing make sense. It would still take an assload of work, just not as much, you know?
04-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Leto
Not Leto

Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

It is quite the optimistic project, but the content doesn't seem so insanely hard to build. Only a handful of things pose a challenge... It's just going to take a while. :P

Hard List:
-Voice Acting
-Guard/Random Bandit Replacing (may be very easy in new CS, don't know)
-Customisable plane of Oblivion (perhaps upgrade could be done like houses, bought from THE CREEPER)

All in all, I think it will just need time and effort... From perhaps more than 3 peoples.

I'm also quite the audio chap, so I could help in that department...

In actual Oblivion news, I've recently got to enchanting my own armor. Boots, gauntlets and greaves of feather 50 points. Yhey. Less wearing of the Grey Fox thing when dungeon crawling.

I've also turned the difficulty up past normal. It's fun actually having to fight your enemies.

04-28-2006, 07:08 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Well, I do realise the entire thing will take months, maybe even years. But you don't get a good mod by spending an hour in the CS. It'll take allot of time to get a team, so 2 months is fine, Luke. And Godless, your art is fine. Ofcourse you can join. I know for a fact half the stuff I've said there will not be as good as I imagined, or even in the mod. But things are worth a try.

Now, what you said there SM, is pretty hard. I have a few solutions and ideas though.

Voice Acting: Anyone on the forums or anywhere else can do this. If they don't even have the game, they can help with this. And if you're reading this and thinking about it, don't worry about thousands of people hearing your voice. Unless you play Mythic Dawn, you can always play a Dremora, which will sound almost nothing like you.

Guard/Bandit thing: I think they do. Not many NPCs will need this though, as it's an extension, not a conversion.

Oblivion Plane: I was wondering on this. I found a nice solution to it though. Inside Paradise, there will be several Mythic Dawn ''summoners''. You pay them ALLOT of coin, and they'll summon something in your plane. It will take up to a week, depending on the size. For example, you can buy an additional tower with bridges in your Oblivion plane, or an Arc outside your main keep. As for other things, such as spikes, corpses and runes, I planned on making them being able to be grabbed and place, like furniture. They'll require some special gauntlets on your hands though to grab them, gained via a quest. However, I know adding something like a tower to a plane of Oblivion would be seriously hard. The solution I thought of is: It makes an exact copy of everything you placed and bought in Oblivion, deletes your plane, and makes a brand new plane with everything you got, and just bought.
05-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

Can someone explain me why I can't see any of the released mods? When I go to Downloads, all there is for Oblivion is some trailers, and themes/pics. No downloadable content. Do you need Gold for this?
- And you're still a dick.

05-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Leto
Not Leto

Yus, I think that they cost money, which is why I refuse to own/play them until someone pirates them to me.

And look chaps! Oblivion can run on my nVida 5600 Ultra!

And for the record, that black stuff is distance 'fog'. Now envy me.

05-03-2006, 07:46 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

I don't know why you can't see the downloadable content, Alpha. It should be at the very bottom of the page.

I didn't bother buying the Horse Armor or Orrery, but I did buy Wizard's Tower, which is awesome. Recommended, even if it's $1.90(ish) of real people money. XP
05-03-2006, 08:26 PM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

: Feb 2006
: The shivering isles!
: 441
outlaw king  (10)

This is a quick question : how do you obtain the ring of Khajit?

Stink! My computer got wiped , so I have to start again1 Now im a Argonian Assassin , mega coolioso.

05-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Leto
Not Leto

There is no way to get the Ring of Khajit. Or the ring of Khajiit. Only Khajiiti. So there. Nyeh.

I think it's some Daedra shrine, don't remember which one. It was monotonous, if I do remember correctly.

EDIT: I am absolutely outraged by ESRB's desicion to rerate Oblivion. The 'blood and gore' element of their justification to rerate it is a completely transperent attempt at pretending they do actually have justification.

Last edited by Leto; 05-04-2006 at 12:58 AM..
05-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

The shrine is Meranpha's shrine (or something), East of Skingrad. She asks for a part of an Undead, so bring Mort Flesh, Bonemeal or Ectoplasm to her. The quest involves killing a cave of necromancers.
05-04-2006, 07:06 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

Mephalas Shrine. :P

Anyways, found out why I can't downlaod the Plugins yet. It's because I'm in FREAKING EUROPE. They won't get it for another 2 weeks...

05-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

I'm in Europe too and I can download. You sure that's the problem?
05-04-2006, 07:59 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

:
Mephalas Shrine. :P
No, that's the shrine that has you tricking two families in a village to kill each other. You get Ebony Blade for that. Sweet katana. North of Imperial City on the road to Bruma.

Ring of Khajiiti is awesome. The final part of the cave is a little tough, though. Lots of Necromancers and Lichs... and everything that they summon.
05-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

Probably it's because I'm on the European Mainland. You United Kingdommers are always first on everything...

Here's a nice WIKI for Oblivion.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion

05-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Leto
Not Leto

:
You would think Take-Two would have learned its lesson, right? Wrong.

Its popular and newly released Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has now been re-rated "Mature" and recalled by the ESRB because Take-Two and its co-publisher have been caught embedding nude figures and scenes in the game which can be unlocked with a code provided by the developer. This is not a modification or "mod" of the game by gamers. It is an unlocking of content that was put there by Take-Two with the unlocking code provided by the developer!
NO IT ****ING WASN'T YOU IGNORANT SON OF A SHIT. It's not like you can go into the console and type: "player->unlocknudemode 1". You have to actually swap the ****ing models, or download the silly mod provided by the promiscuous public.

Gah. Perhaps I shouldn't read these things, all they do is piss me off.

EDIT: "In Jack Thompson's new book, Out of Harm's Way, Jack puts the powerful video gaming industry in his cross hairs."

Haha. Doesn't that mean he promotes the use of guns? c:

Last edited by Leto; 05-08-2006 at 10:26 PM..