04-18-2002, 12:30 PM
pinkgoth2
Howler Punk

: Apr 2002
: Scrabania (Germany)
: 316
pinkgoth2  (10)
Dead "The hardest secret bit of Abe's Oddyssee"

There's got to be an easier way to get through the secret area in the Paramonian Temple, first door at the bottom than is mentioned in the walkthrough, right? It's impossibly hard!

Is there at least a cheat for invincibility for Oddyssee on PSX, because all I found online don't seem to work? (have no gameshark, Oddyssee is platinum version)

Any help is much appreciated.

Or if anyone knows whether the three Mudokons are saved if you use the 'skip level' cheat, that'd be good too.

- Tya

P.S. I've emailed oddworld about my site, because I'm no longer updating it, as the RPG in IRC was a failure, to say the least, but it's still up in the links list of www.oddworld.com? Anyone know whether they ignore emails like that, or if I have to email a specific person...?
04-24-2002, 03:44 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)
Arrow

I'm afraid there is no invincibility cheat for AO, whether for PC or PSX. AE is the only one of the two Abe games to have such a thing.

I found that door hard, but now I quite like it.

As soon as you enter, run to your right (you must run or you'll get eaten), then run/roll through the tunnel, into the next screen, then do a running jump onto a ledge that you'll see near the right wall.

Stand under the meat sack and jump up to drop some meat down to the Paramite. This will make the other two Paramites in the screen to the left come running. Wait until they've eaten it, then drop another piece. Run back to the screen on the left and chant briefly to open the Abe portal. Run quickly back to the right and up onto the ledge with the meat sack.

Then, tell a Mud to follow you. Drop meat to the Paramites, then run back to the screen on the left. Tell the Mud to wait. Run back to the meat sack ledge.

Repeat for the other two Muds.

When all three Muds are waiting by the bird portal, get back to your safe ledge, and drop one last piece of meat. Run back left, and stand next to the Abe portal as you chant to free the other three Muds.
As soon as you free them, boulders come down near the Abe portal, and if you're not on the left-hand side of them, it'll be nearly impossible to get past them, and the Paramites will eat you. If you're as close as possible to the Abe portal when you free the other three, then you needn't worry about dodging the boulders, and you have the added bonus of the Paramites getting squished if they try to come and get you.

04-25-2002, 07:16 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)
Re: "The hardest secret bit of Abe's Oddyssee"

:
Originally posted by pinkgoth2
P.S. I've emailed oddworld about my site, because I'm no longer updating it, as the RPG in IRC was a failure, to say the least, but it's still up in the links list of www.oddworld.com? Anyone know whether they ignore emails like that, or if I have to email a specific person...?
Don't hope for too many miracles, I think I sent my site address twice and nothing happened, so... *shrugs*

04-26-2002, 02:24 PM
pinkgoth2
Howler Punk

: Apr 2002
: Scrabania (Germany)
: 316
pinkgoth2  (10)
Dead Than Q

(Sux if your email ain't working and you're subscribed to a thread.)

Thanks for your input, even if I only saw it today. e_e;;
I will try what was suggested.

As for the email thing: I really just want it REMOVED, not added, I mean, don't Oddworld Inhabitants care not to link to broken sites? If I find broken links/inactive sites linked to from a site, I tend to pass that off as incompetence of the website owners (no offence, I do know OWI are very busy people). And I don't think I'm the only with that (perhaps quite lame) attitude, so wouldn't it be in their best interest?

Ignore me, rambling here, musing about The Meaning Of Life (not really) gets me philosophic about just about everything...

And thanks again!

- Neike