End of line
Chippunk

: Aug 2001
: oz
: 31
End of line  (10)
gas switch OMG!!!

2 ?'s
How do you get the drippik to say 'what' as in repeating what the switch says in the gas turning off area?

How far into the game is that then, like is it the end or something because I've only saved about 70 um things?

08-30-2001, 02:47 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Apr 2001
: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Hi, End of line!

Actually, Glukkons phones work in a diferent way from Sligs voice locks. What you have to do is:

when the glukkon phone says: HI!
You answer: HI!

Then he says: WHAT!?
And you reply with: DO IT!!!

As you noticed well, Glukkons can't do simple actions, like pulling rings, and using platforms, but they know very well how to give an order, and that's what they do all the time, making the sligs to work for them...

By the way: From the begining of the game, up to the barracks end, there are aproximately 165 mudokons to be saved, in a total of 300.

[ August 29, 2001: Message edited by: Lampion ]
08-30-2001, 09:59 AM
End of line
Chippunk

: oz
: 31
End of line  (10)

Quote"By the way: From the begining of the game, up to the barracks end, there are aproximately 165 mudokons to be saved, in a total of 300." End quote.
SO...what you are saying is that I've missed quite a few. OMG! I haven't killed any though, I must have missed a few side streets or something. Or is there heaps more to the barracks section?
I'm trying to get all 300 and if I've missed some doors or something , it would be best if I started all over again. But if I have to go through the Fleeches section again I'm quite sure my heart will blow a few valves.

08-30-2001, 10:33 AM
kaylohr
Zappfly

: Jul 2001
: Finland
: 5
kaylohr  (10)

Glukkons are quite useless in order to get anything done... Good luck that the Sligs are even more stupid and listen to the orders of the Glukkons. I just imagine, what happenes, if the Sligs get smart enough to not follow orders anymore... Maybe something new for another Oddworld advanture

Well, after I finally finished Abe's Exodus I also just rescued quite a few Mudokons (around 180) It was just enough to get not the bad end...

Don't worry, just continue to play, and save enough of them *hihi* The secrets in here are quite more difficult to find AND to solve.

Good luck with your walkthrough.
09-03-2001, 01:19 PM
stuntman_21
Chippunk

: Sep 2001
: Silent Hill
: 24
stuntman_21  (10)

The trick to AE is that the level designers are real pricks. They like to do secret areas and have you find them by missing an easy jump. Then, have even more hidden areas BELOW them. And so on and so forth. I have about 115 mudokons saved. And I'm in SS. So I'm pretty f***ed. But... some just cannot be saved, In my opinon anyway, without doing something extremely stupid or drastic. I think there is an area in Bonewerkz where there is a Shrykul bird portal, some switches, and a well. If you keep going down, you find 4 muokons. Now, if you go down from HERE by pressing down on the end of the ledge(developers never show you this), you end up in a secret area that is imposible to finish. Why? Just find it. You will see. I gave up on it. Same with the last Four in FeeCo Depot. I said f*** em.

I am working on a Slig char for MUGEN. Does anybody have his sprites? Email me if you do: stunt_man_21@hotmail.com

09-03-2001, 01:44 PM
snorfie
Chippunk

: Ohio
: 26
snorfie  (10)

So did I... of course, I'm in the soulstorm brewery and i only have like 115 mudokons...
I really suck. That Dripik scene took me a long time.

09-03-2001, 02:04 PM
stuntman_21
Chippunk

: Sep 2001
: Silent Hill
: 24
stuntman_21  (10)

Wait until you have to mess with Vice President Aslik. And if you want to know: Have a Slig kill all the OTHER Sligs before using the Security Fone, else two will be waiting for Abe. And you will die.

I am working on a Slig char for MUGEN. Does anybody have his sprites? Email me if you do: stunt_man_21@hotmail.com

09-06-2001, 05:55 AM
General Drippik
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Australia
: 1,339
General Drippik  (11)

:
Originally posted by De Guo Gui:
....Sligs are even more stupid and listen to the orders of the Glukkons. I just imagine, what happenes, if the Sligs get smart enough to not follow orders anymore...
You strange person. If it weren't for glukkons, the sligs wouldn't be there. The glukkons pay for gas for their pants and stuff. And ammo for their guns.

09-22-2001, 09:30 PM
Malaprop
Chippunk

: In a tree
: 26
Malaprop  (10)

:
Originally posted by Stuntman 21:
The trick to AE is that the level designers are real pricks. They like to do secret areas and have you find them by missing an easy jump.
You can always tell if there's a secret area on a screen by the presence of empty bottles of Soulstorm Brew. Just keep an eye out for little mounds of green bottles and when you see them, look around the screen for hidden entrances and suchlike.