Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)
a bit annoyed

i know people have probably already complained, but:

these new forums don't e-mail you with repies to your posts, so you have to sift throught the different posts to get the ones you've already replied to.

these new forums don't tell you who the latest post was by, so you have to remember how many posts there were before to know if anyone's replied after you

the old forums have gone, so any fics etc. that were only there are lost, and people can't cut-and-paste them here. [also, we can't get the info from the rpg shops, so if we've forgotten prices and stuff, we'll just have to make them up. the rpg's totally frozen up.]

and where's Grid? i haven't seen him.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-16-2001, 03:57 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

i was also wondering what happened to grid he used to play such a major part in the old forums.

04-17-2001, 02:04 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

The old forums are still around, but you can't post in them. Add the following to your favorites: http://pub10.ezboard.com/boddworldian
- DH

04-17-2001, 02:39 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Rettick... sorry to hear your concerns... let me see if I can clear up a few things for you.

Email Replies - currently not enabled simply because Oddworldian's server may not be able to handle these at this point in time.

Last Reply in Topic Listing - this is the next hack/update I have to add. With UBB, you get a standard message board, the extras we see such as the personal photos and ranks are from hours of my work in modifiying the forums. I remember when ezBoard didn't have any of these features too. Be patient with me on this one.

Topics from the old Board - I'm not sure what you mean by that you can't copy and past to here... because I have done it and it works. Simply highlight the text on the page, right click and go to copy ... then go to this board and paste in a new topic. I can also move topics over if you want to request for them to be moved.

Also, Grid is on holidays for Easter... he will be back soon... but it is a holiday time and some people go on vacation at this time of the year (well in Australia we do anyway).

Abe Babe...

* Moves to Off-Topic Discussion *

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-17-2001, 04:25 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

I was going to post this in the ezboard forums, but you've cunningly gone and barred everyone except the admins from it, without asking us users what we think of it! Quite frankly, I am disgusted by this behaviour.

I don't find the ads to be a problem and I love ezboard. It's a lovely small company (only 15 members of staff) which has really targeted the general public and given it an excellent tool for creating message boards. UBB boards look ugly and they are run by a huge company. And they won't let us put html in our sigs. We should have been asked before this took place.

Tell you what, come down to my board (click here), where I've started a poll in my off-topic section asking whether or not you like the move.

This will be the first and last post I ever make here. For me, it's ezboard or nothing. And if nobody else agrees with me, I guess this is goodbye forever. Farewell to everyone with whom I made friends on the Oddworld ezboard.

04-17-2001, 04:38 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

[Decides that this post was inapropreate and delates it]

04-17-2001, 04:42 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

Okay, I've been forced to do this by natrual instinct. Please exuse me a sec. . .
[edited to avoid scrolling]e.t.c. . .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't leave! Stay! You'll get used to it! I threatened to leave once but now look at me! I even set up a poll on my site against it!!! I was practicly in tears when they shut the old forums off, but I'm still here! Don't go! Please stay!

Feck it. I give up. It just isn't worth it is it? Right, thats one gone. I wonder how many will follow suit.
- DH

04-17-2001, 04:56 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

The main problem here is that we the users weren't given the chance to decide whether or not we really wanted to move. We were virtually given no choice in the matter, and in less then one days time the old forums were closed off, and just before the holidays too, which was really bad timing since alot of folks go on vacation. Like DH said, who knows how many more will follow TS's suite. Bottom line is we should have been given the chance to have our voices heard and have our vote count.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

04-17-2001, 05:15 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Go vote at The Official Oddworld Forums Migration Poll and please post any thoughts you have on the move in that topic. Please give specific reasons.

04-17-2001, 11:35 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

I have decided to stay, but I will never pretend that I am happy with the move. Ezboard forever!

*thinks* Hey, if everybody agrees to boycott UBB, then Mr Cander will have no choice but to reopen the ezboard. >) Who's with me?

04-17-2001, 12:02 PM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Sorry Twisted I don't think that would work.

1. They've already done all this work.
2. Many people are satisfied with the move.
3. They have all the power, we have none.

Feel free to join the vote though on The Official Oddworld Forums Migration Poll
04-17-2001, 12:05 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

You're staying? Horray! That's been weighing me down all morning! I hate it when people leave (Not to mention the fact that I wanted to leave at one point, but these forums mean so much to me).
- DH

04-17-2001, 01:05 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Actually Twisted Firestarter, it's myself and Sydney that run Oddworld Forums... we both made the decision for the move!

Glad to see you've decided to stay though!

Although I couldn't see us reverting, boycott or not... I have spent hours and hours of programming and hacking on this forum... I'm not turning back on that... not to mention Sydney's time also!

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-17-2001, 01:55 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

This is a great board. I really wish you would have given us less than 3 1/2 hours notice for the move though. I understand you own it, but look what happened to the bus companies in the US when they made blacks give up their seats. They boycotted. They carpooled with people they didn't know. If we wanted to, we could make our own ezboard called "Oddworld Message Board". The popups were fine. You didn't have to hack to get a personal photo you like. I have always wanted my zerg lurker photo back and if Osiris doesn't get his lurker photo back, he gets really pissed. I apolagise to everyon I have offended and to the admins and I beg that they won't ban me. I have just been put in a bad mood because my "friend" has just betrayed me, and started tormenting this kid who doesn't know how to defend himself. I spoke about it publicly, and now, I'm an outcast. I make friends with other outcasts. I was nice to them, and they tought me to go upside down on the paralell bar. I have good friends now, but every time I think about this kid, I get a fit of rage. Again, sorry to everyone.

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!