03-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)
RPG Rules

Just thought to make a new topic for this...Dan could you make this a sticky topic please. I also thought up a couple of new things...those I have in a different color, please look them over.

Note from Danny: I have made several additions to Rachel's rules. My additions are marked in Orange.

Characters:
Any existing Oddworld creature is allowed, provided they have a means of communication with the other characters.
You can create a whole new species for your character to be, provided they are not super powerful, but please ask Dragadon or Danny for approval.
- Absolutely NO Earth Creatures, ESPECIALLY Humans.

Abilities
Be reasonable, no god-like powers please.
Any magic based abilities must be approved by Danny.
Please be sure your character has some sort of weakness, its only fair.

General
No short hand! You have all the time in the world on a board!
Foul language is not permitted, save for in character, but please...don't be excessive.
Be sure to proof read your post before adding it and correct any spelling/grammar errors to avoid confusion and to insure other players can understand what you are trying to do/say (use MS Word's spell checker for instance). Players will have the right to ignore a post if they cannot understand it, though it is advised they ask for clarifacation first.
You are only allowed excusive control of your own characters. You can RP other RPer's characters...but not for complex tasks unless you really know that character. The character's RPer has the right to complain if you used their character wrong. If they do complain, try to correct the mistake or clarify why you had their character act that way.
Topics that are part of the main plot must have the word 'Main' in front of the title.
Any topic that is NOT part of the main plot MUST be tagged as such (ie have the words 'Add-on' or 'Mini' in the topic title)

New Prey...err Players
If you are new and want to join...watch the RPG for while to learn how it goes before jumping in. There is nothing more we veterian RPers hate then a newbie jumping in and ruining a plot.
When trying to get into a currently running plot, please be patient. It might just not be possible to squeeze you into the current one. In that case, it would be best if you wait until the current plot ends.
Remember you can't expect us to type your posts for you, if we can't fit you in... we can't fit you in.
If you have a question about RPGing in general, please ask it in a fresh or a non-RPGing topic rather then cluttering up an RPGing topic.
Whenever you are talking out of character in an RPGing topic (ie: asking an RPer for clarifacation on his/her last post), please put OOC: in front of the applicable text, and brackets around the whole ‘out of character’ section. New Players are strongly advised to download MSN and talk to Danny, Rachel, or Abby about the Main Plot before joining. Danny's MSN address is randomhippy@hotmail.com.
DO NOT post character stats in the Character Description topic unless you are actually going to start playing. If we notice a character that hasn't been seen in any RPG topics...it will be deleted. If you are not sure....don't post them until you are.
While on the subject, the Character description topic are for Character descriptions ONLY! Do not ask questions or spam in this topic! Spam and questions will be deleted from this topic.Do not post in the "Main Character" topic unless your chosen character will be in the main plot. Characters in separate Add-Ons should be described in that topic, to avoid confusion.

If these rules are broken, the rule-breaker will be warned. There will be no second warning, the offending post will simply be edited or deleted.

Key Rule: BE CREATIVE! The aim of the RPG is not to have powerful characters, but to have interesting characters…

Above all: Have fun!

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

Last edited by Danny; 03-27-2002 at 09:12 AM..
03-25-2002, 04:55 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)
Re: RPG Rules

Yes, this seems fine. Thank you.

One more thing to add [I will edit this into your post as well, for ease of understanding]:

Do not post in the "Main Character" topic unless your chosen character will be in the main plot. Characters in separate Add-Ons should be described in that topic, to avoid confusion.

Actually, there is another final thing to say:

If these rules are broken, the rule-breaker will be warned. There will be no second warning, the offending post will simply be edited or deleted.

:
Originally posted by Dragadon
You can create a whole new species for your character to be, provided they are not super powerful, but please ask Dragadon or Danny for approval.
I notice that this subtle alteration here wasn't flagged up... Rach's ongoing plot to take control of the RPG continues...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

Last edited by Danny; 03-25-2002 at 09:08 AM..
03-25-2002, 06:02 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

Nah Dan, I just changed the reference from 'Rettick' to 'Danny'. Other then that, that statement is the same. It would help if I was mod here as well...seeing I am doing a lot here

But I'm not pushing anything ya know...*snickers*

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

03-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

*pats Rach on the head* You can have the RPG once I've moved on to better things... What? You didn't think I'd intend to be stuck in this dead-end job all my life, did you?

*sets his sights higher*

03-25-2002, 09:43 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

How can we join RPGs you guys make?

Wrex.

03-26-2002, 05:35 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

If you want to join the main plot, it's best to discuss it with us first. As for add-ons, just join...