10-08-2001, 02:23 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)
For those that are new to the RPG...

I just thought I make this helpful little topic for you.

First of all you should read the Rules to help ensure you don't mess up. Here the links to two of the rules topics.

-Main Rules-
-An added Rule-

In addition to the rules about characters...pure dragon types are not allowed. Character's that are part dragon you should ask me or Rettick for clearence on. Oh and...NO GODS!

Next up, put your Main Character descriptions in the -Main Character Descriptions...Only- topic. And your Support Character (if you have any) in the -Supporting Character Descriptions- topic.
Yes in the 'Supporting characters' topic you will see a couple of god characters in there...that was before we put up the 'NO GOD'S or PURE DRAGONS' rule.

There was a NPC Description topic...but I couldn't find it. Along with a couple other topics that had helpful info in it...
Well if I do find it I'll edit this...unless Rettick adds in anything I missed here...

edit: found one...you read some helpful info -here-

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: Dragadon ]

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

10-29-2001, 04:55 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Hi Dragadon...

I don't usually wander into the Oddworld RPG anymore... but if you or Rettick want me to place some links at the top of the forum for all of this kind of thing, then let me know. This way people should be able to see the rules, etc straight away.

I think I asked Rettick about this kind of thing when he was first made Mod here, but he was still in the process of sorting things out back then.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

10-30-2001, 05:28 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

sounds good, thanks. i'm not sure exactly what we need up there with our current system, though, maybe we'd better make a kind of 'rules' post...

ugh, i think i'll delegate that job to rach...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

10-31-2001, 09:19 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

oy...thanks a lot Rett! Oh well, I type up what I know and email you for review.

11-12-2001, 07:05 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Finally got around to it. I emailed it to you Rettick. I think I covered everything...

11-12-2001, 07:45 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Hehe, thankee Rach, nobody could wish for a better right-hand dragon than you... You do all the hard work, and I just do the tough stuff, like decision-making, and eating...

11-13-2001, 08:01 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Okay, credit for these rules goes to Rachael, I merely edited them after she wrote most of it. About 90% of it is hers...

Characters:
Any existing Oddworld creature is allowed, provided they have a means of communication with the other characters.
You can create a whole new species for your character to be, provided they are not super powerful, but please ask Dragadon or Rettick for approval.
- Absolutely NO Earth Creatures, ESPECIALLY Humans.

Abilities
Be reasonable, no god-like powers please.
Any magic based abilities must be approved by Rettick.
Please be sure your character has some sort of weakness, its only fair.

General
No short hand! You have all the time in the world on a board!
Foul language is not permitted, save for in character, but please...don't be excessive.
Be sure to proof read your post before adding it and correct any spelling/grammar errors to avoid confusion.
You are only allowed excusive control of your own Main and Support characters. You can RP other RPer's characters...but not for complex tasks unless you really know that character. The character's RPer has the right to complain if you used their character wrong. If they do complain, try to correct the mistake or clarify why you had their character act that way.

New Prey...err Players
If you are new and want to join...watch the RPG for while to learn how it goes before jumping in. There is nothing more we veterian RPers hate then a newbie jumping in and ruining a plot.
When trying to get into a currently running plot, please be patient. It might just not be possible to squeeze you into the current one. In that case, it would be best if you wait until the current plot ends.
Remember you can't expect us to type your posts for you, if we can't fit you in... we can't fit you in.
If you have a question about RPGing in general, please ask it in a fresh or a non-RPGing topic rather then cluttering up an RPGing topic.
Whenever you are talking out of character in an RPGing topic (ie: asking an RPer for clarifacation on his/her last post), please put OOC: in front of the applicable text, and brackets around the whole ‘out of character’ section.
If you need to coordinate with an RPer on a plot...please use E-mail or an IM service (Note: most of the currently active RPer's use MSN)
DO NOT post character stats in the 'Main' or 'Supporting' character description topics unless you are actually going to start playing. If you are not sure....don't post them until you are.
While on the subject, the Main and Supporting Character descriptions are for Character descriptions ONLY! Do not ask questions or spam in these topics!

Key Rule: BE CREATIVE! The aim of the RPG is not to have powerful characters, but to have interesting characters…

02-22-2002, 04:36 PM
Cool Paramite
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2001
: The Netherlands
: 1,015
Cool Paramite  (28)
Question Sticky!

With the new possibilities of vBulletin, shouldn't we make this a sticky?

02-22-2002, 06:27 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Good idea...but I don't have the powers to do so on this forum....*takes a deep breath* DAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Spider: *ears ringing* ow!

02-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Whoa! Okay... Umm... How do I do this...?

*goes to try things*

02-23-2002, 04:40 AM
Cool Paramite
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2001
: The Netherlands
: 1,015
Cool Paramite  (28)

Repairing the links would also be helpfull. They link to topics on the UBB, which doesn't excist anymore....

02-25-2002, 05:06 PM
MunchOnThis
Clakker Store Clerk

: Feb 2002
: Thames Wharf...(under the church) ^_^
: 757
MunchOnThis  (10)

:
Originally posted by Danny
Absolutely NO Earth Creatures, ESPECIALLY Humans. [/B]

No humans?! That's a shame.......

"Won't somebody testify, kick a hole right in the sky..
Testify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Slap a liar in his eye, kick a hole right in the sky
Tesify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Johnny, Johnny Johnny..."
~ RHCP, Johnny kick a hole in the sky

Last edited by MunchOnThis; 02-25-2002 at 09:09 AM..