01-25-2002, 07:40 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)
Too much to think about...

[ooc: sorry it took so damn long, but then exams tend to put all thoughts out of the mind... (well, a lot of thoughts, the less important ones get relegated to the dustbin of the back of the mind...) Anyway. I thought I'd just put that last bit from the "Recovering" topic on here, as it ended up being a whole two lines long. Bleaugh.]

She’d stared after him, in the direction he’d run, a strange feeling in her chest, barely heeding the questions of the soldier who’d appeared and ‘scared’ the red crossbreed away…
     //Oh Odd…// she thought, with a peculiar sense of dismay and delight. //I think I’m in love.//

Aurora sat in her tree, and sighed. The soldier who’d carried her back had been oddly uninterested in her, for once, which she was thankful about, as she’d felt too stunned to want to have to fight off amorous males…
     Over the past day or two she’d not really done a lot. Alternated between the canopy branches of the big tree Blue’s house was in, and inside, to try to get some sleep, but her mind was in turmoil. She hadn’t slept a lot over the past few days, and those few hours she’d managed to snatch certainly hadn’t been undisturbed… dark dreams prowled in her sleep. So now she was back in the tree. The wind brought the promise of rain with it – and the sultry purple clouds on the horizon backed that up. She watched the clouds drift in, flaked out on a branch, mind doing backflips, and re-running the events that had transpired a day or two before.
     Dammit, she didn’t want to be in love…! Especially with… with him… She sighed, softly, still not sure of the conflicting feelings in her heart, and crossed her arms under her chin. Why does life always sneak up on you when you least expect it and throw you right off the tracks…?
     As usual, she lost track of how long she lay up there, watching the clouds; she hardly noticed it when the rain started to patter down. The commotion going on out on the outskirts – she could just about hear it – briefly snagged her attention, as it sounded like Spider was back out, but… didn’t hold her interest for long. She sighed. It’d be nice to have Jan to argue with again, to bounce some terrible scenaria off him, and for him to tell her she was being stupid, nothing like that was ever going to happen, now stop worrying. Then she could go back to sleep.
     Eventually the rain slowed to a drizzle. She gave her head a shake, shook the water off her muzzle, and dropped back down through the window, trailing water inside. She went straight over to where she slept, and fished around under the mattress… aha, there it was, the little pale violet cloth bag she kept her few treasures in, still safe. Good. She slung it across her shoulders, briefly checked all three Stones were inside, and headed out forest-wards, hoping this would have the desired effect and take her mind off… things. She wanted, for once, to practice.

01-28-2002, 08:11 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

Aura sat on a half-rotten tree stump and sighed. She’d forgotten just how hard some of the things were to do, and just how draining… and didn’t want to risk exhausting herself when she was nowhere near anywhere safe. She could probably reach the relative sanctuary of the upper canopy if she was really too tired to get back, but didn’t want to sleep up there if there were still ‘unsavoury characters’ on the prowl… At least it had stopped raining sometime ago, although she guessed there was more on the way, judging by the scent on the wind; she didn’t particularly enjoy getting wet, as even a slight breeze would usually chill her pretty thoroughly.
     She slithered down into the grass beside her tree stump, leaned back against the soggy bark and fiddled with the stone at her wrist. The criss-cross of fine, flat silver chain had again skewed sideways, and although the stone still sat on her palm, the two places the chain crossed were now on the sides of her wrist, rather than across the energy point at the centre of her wrist. She sighed and straightened it out, wondering if she should get some gum or something to hold things in place…
     She gave the Handstone a thoughtful look. Hadn’t Rej said the Stones could be used for defensive purposes as well…? If she could master that then at least she wouldn’t feel so insecure out here, on the ground… She settled back on the tree stump, closed her eyes, and concentrated.

01-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

Not very far away, Malice jolted awake from a nap he was taking. Once again he dreamed of that female slig, and once again he felt weird feelings along with it.
What's wrong with me? he thought with a scowl, I'm hate everyone...EVERYONE! He dug his claws into the ground, leaving deep furrows. Why am I feeling this way toward a pathicitic little slig? Why Why WHY!? He turned swiftly and slashed at a bush, knocking half its branches off.
Confused and frustrated, Malice flopped down again. He sniffed the air and the scent of another storm came to him. Normally he liked rain; it keeped his pursuers from finding him and it keeped protential victims unaware of his presense. But right now he didn't really want to get wet again. He looked about and spotted a shallow cave. With a grunt he padded over and laid down inside, soon he had fallen asleep...

Whether it was dump luck or Malice was being particurly careless no one knew. But a couple of sligs on patrol spotted him in the cave asleep and one ran back to Pyke to get help while the other kept watch. Soon there was a group of about 20 sligs not far from where Malice slept, hidden from direct sight and whispering about how fortunate they were to come across Malice when he was not only asleep, but cornered....

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

01-28-2002, 01:25 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

(OOC: I've read 9 chapters of Harry Potter 1 since my last post, I think JK's style rubbed off on me a little )

Trey was more exited than he'd ever been in his life. This was his best chance to capture the out of control crossbreed he'd ever had.
"Prepare to start closing in on him," whispered Trey.
"He can't escape this time!"
01-30-2002, 08:46 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

(ooc: Narf. :P)

There’s Industrials about.

The thought startled Aura out of her concentration, first annoying her as the power she’d collated for a little experiment fizzled out of her fingertips, and then concerning her – it was rare that Industrials went about in the forest these days, what with Malice still on the loose.

So why were they here? She gathered up all her Stones and scrambled up into the trees, put her nose into the wind and approached, cautiously. The wind was blowing her scent away from them, but it didn’t pay to be careless… she got to within earshot of them, then flattened herself down on her branch and listened…

There were a good twenty or thirty there, she guessed, counting as she listened, spread in a rough, wide fan shape in twos and threes. She could only catch snippets of conversation but the words “trapped” and “red” and “won’t escape” cropped up a good few times, so she guessed it must be something to do with Malice. Although part of her was glad – finally his reign of terror looked to be over – it felt like someone had put her heart in a vice and squeezed. She swallowed, thickly.

Steeling herself for the inevitable, Aura followed their line of sight – a low cave, its entrance partially hidden under the thick vegetation. She wrinkled her nose. Maybe if she could find a back way in…? Maybe warn him- Odd, what was she thinking? He’d likely kill her in the process…

In something of an echo from the past, she heard old Bea’s words; sometimes you have to make a choice; whether to go with your heart or your head. Sometimes it’s a horrible choice to make, but you have to make it – no-one else is going to do it for you.

She smiled, grimly. Like telling a psychopath he’s going to get caught and killed? Well, if no-one else is going to make the choice for me… With a sigh, she settled her nerves, and crawled out along her branch. If she could keep downwind of them for as long as possible, they wouldn’t spot her. The ground was damp from that rainstorm, meaning her scent would stick, but that couldn’t be helped…

02-04-2002, 09:43 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

[ooc: *pokes topic with stick* I think it's dead. *looks at Rach* /me causing problems for your partially fic-dead brain again?]

02-04-2002, 09:10 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: *throws a few atomic bombs at her writers block* you could say that....*growls*)

02-10-2002, 06:43 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Malice stirred, slightly. Something was poking him. Groggy and opened an eye and nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw that female slig looking at him, a frightened, yet worried look on her face.
"What do you want?" Malice grumbled, "You're asked me to kill you again aren't you?"
"No...I'm here to warn you..." she said in a whisper.
Malice opened both eyes and looked straight at her. "Warn me about what? What could possibly worry me?"
"How about 20 armed sligs just past the clearing...getting ready to close in on you."
"You're bluffing..." Malice growled softly. But in his heart he felt inclined to trusted her and believe her.
"I'm not!" Aura said, "You need to get out of here before they make their move!"
Malice fought with himself, the dark side that wanted so badly to rip this sligette to shreds for having eluded him so many times, and 'another' side...that had been growing stronger ever sense he first met her. After a long agnoizing moment, he made up his mind.
"I guess I owe you one..." he said just before he bolted out of the cave, into the trees and disappeared....

(ooc: a bit naf...but at least I finally posted it...*shrug*)

02-25-2002, 06:14 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

"He's running away!" said the Slig half way up the tree with binoculars.
"After him!" yelled Trey. The whole platoon charged toward the cave only to find it completely deserted.
"He's gone," shouted the look-out. "But I see another Slig heading due East."
Trey ran full tilt in Aura's direction and motioned for the rest of his platoon to follow. Aura speeded-up but it didn't take long for the Guard to catch up with her and 'cuff her.
"What were you doing here?" bellowed Trey.

(OOC: Looks like it's Abby's turn! I can't do the convo because you ain't online, Abby.
You can stop whipping me, Rach, it's done!)