08-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)
Slit your wrists with Occam's Razor...

if you still believe that 9/11 was an inside job. The simplest explanation is the best explanation. Either the Bush administration is incompetent or filled with masterminds. I'm going to go with the first one. Here is a funny takedown of "loose change" from everybody's favorite hairy backed crank.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....i?u=911_morons
I used to think it was an inside job, too, and there are numerous fishy things about 9/11 but I don't think there was a conspiracy to take down the WTCs with thermite or high explosives.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

08-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Patrick Vykkers
Right Wing Wanker

: Jun 2006
: New Zealand
: 1,466
Patrick Vykkers  (12)

Personally, I think Maddox is far more sane, respectable, polite, intelligent, and qualified then Alex Jones could ever hope to be.
08-07-2006, 05:08 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Yup, I read that a while back. The link he gave to the debunking of the conspiracy theories was really interesting and I'd advise everyone to read it.

Here's what I still don't get: If the terrorists were planning on hitting the USA as hard as possible, why did they strike the towers at 8 in the morning instead of in the middle of the day when there would have been tens of thousands of people there? Also consider the good fortune that the one plane that didn't hit its target was the one aimed at possibly the most powerful symbol for the USA; Capital Hill. Seems like a positive coincidence to me.

08-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

No matter how many people say it was a conspiracy, and no matter how many people say it wasn't, neither is fully believable. It's not like the explainations on that site should be given any more credibility then the ones on conspiracy websites. Because those sites claim they have interviewed experts as well, just like the ani-conspiracy sites have. So how are we to know who is right and who is not?

One thing I didn't see adressed were the lightposts outside the pentagon, and the passport of one of the terrorists they found in the WTC rubble.

All the lightposts infront of the pentagon were nacked over, because the plane flew over the freeway as it hit the pentagon. However, when a plane flies at that speed and the wing hits a steel pole such as a lightpost, the wing would shred apart. Especialy if it hits a dozen in a row.

And the passport story is my favorite. They actualy found one of the terrorists passports, almost completely intact, in the rubble of the WTC. So let me get this straight, the solid steal beams that were specialy coated (though not up to standards) with fire resisting foam, gave way under the intense flames. But a standard issue PAPER passport, manages to withstand a huge blazing fire that a crashing jet would have caused?
I dunno who to believe at this point, but I know that the passport story is the biggest bullshit I have ever heard.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

08-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Because of recently being series-upon-series of '24' as of late (i'm upto series 3 with the series' after that still to buy) it wouldn't surprise me if Bush got fed false information by his own administration.

On a similar note, it also wouldn't surprise me if British intelligence got fed false information from the Americans and the like.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

I think we all need to remember the golden rule of all conspiracies and the like: just because it seems so in theory, doesn't that's how reality plays out. For instance, at the Oklahoma City bombing, my aunt, a nurse, found a perfectly intact finger in a vending machine coin return with a quarter still in it. There's a plathora of unexplainable phenomena in the world; just remember not to throw out the this-is-impossible argument so selectively.
08-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

The way I see it the adminstration was warned about OBL and terrorism repeatedly but just didn't care. Just recently it was revealed that Bush said something like "You've covered your ass" when terrorism was discussed, they didn't pay attention to reports like "Terrorists Determined to strike the U.S." or warnings from Clinton workers, etc. It just never was a big deal to them. Hussein was to be strong armed into "retiring", the tax cut was to be passed, Social Security was to be reformed, the courts were to be packed, and social legislation like marriage ammendments were to be pushed. Thats what mattered to these people at the time, they couldn't have cared less about some pissant towelhead terrorist in East Bumblescrew, Sandy Place. They had bigger fish to fry. Thats why they were caught with their pants down.

08-09-2006, 06:45 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

What a lovely image.

:
it also wouldn't surprise me if British intelligence got fed false information from the Americans and the like.
Hell, our guys turned a university student essay into a dossier.

08-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

Hmm, like claims of Nigerian yellow cake, mobile weapons labs, aluminum tubes to be used in nuke reactors, that Iraq had the capability of hitting mainland U.S. with a cache of biological and chemical weapons, the infamous "mushroom cloud" statement by Condoleeza Rice? Nah, perish the thought, these guys would never gin up a case for war.
And what is the unpleasant image, a slit wrist or the image of the president blithely ignoring a fistful of warnings so he could persecute butt sex and capital gains taxes?