08-20-2002, 05:32 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)
Exclamation Moderator Applications now Open!

As many of you are aware we now have several vacant moderator positions available.

- Off Topic Discussion
- Fan Corner
- Oddworld RPG
- Member Art and Literature

At this point in time Justin, Peter and myself will be moderating the Zulag 1 forums and the Suggestions forum.

Initially we are looking for one moderator per forum, but if the need arises we are happy to have multiple moderators. People can also apply to moderate multiple forums if they have interest in doing so (i.e. an art orientated member may be interested in moderating both fan corner and the Member Art and Literature forum).

We are looking for dedicated members, who have a strong interest in making these forums a member based forum and a place which is welcoming to all. Moderating will include all the usual tasks such as deleting and moving threads, etc. Peferrably the potential moderator should visit the forums on a regular basis.

Once nominations have been recieved we plan on running a member based voting system. Therefore instead of us choosing the moderators, you will be able to have a say in who you want moderating your forums. I don't think there are many forums around which do this at all, so this is a first for Oddworld Forums.

If you are interested, please reply to this topic, or if you have any questions, or perhaps would like to nominate another member, please feel free to do so also.

Abe Babe and the OWF Team

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-20-2002, 08:13 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I would love to have power over Off-Topic...Possibly with one or two others...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-20-2002, 08:20 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

This thread is for nominations for potential moderators, later on after nominations have been submitted a new topic where you can vote on polls for those nominated people will be made, so you may as well nominate yourself!

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

08-20-2002, 09:00 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)
Native

Well I tried leaving couldn't so. It'd be cool. I won't be cause of the way i acted but i'll try. Be so cool to have the rpg topic! I will do my best if i am picked and i love rpg. and i'm a tiny bit miffed as i created my character and it stopped. Lol. Please have it in your hearts to forgive me as i acted wrongly and consider me. Thank you. Please could i be moderator of the rpg but i will not be picked so.....

08-20-2002, 09:04 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
Originally posted by Rex Tirano
Well I tried leaving couldn't so. It'd be cool. I won't be cause of the way i acted but i'll try. Be so cool to have the rpg topic! I will do my best if i am picked and i love rpg. and i'm a tiny bit miffed as i created my character and it stopped. Lol. Please have it in your hearts to forgive me as i acted wrongly and consider me. Thank you. Please could i be moderator of the rpg but i will not be picked so.....
Hey Rex!

We are not holding any grudges, and i'm very happy to see you return! Maybe i'll see you on Oddchat again.

So your nomination for yourself has been accepted, as will ALL others.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

08-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Thank you alcar! ^.^ so nice to hear you say that!

08-20-2002, 10:02 AM
molluck2
Sniper Wasp

: Jul 2002
: Oddworld,Mudos,Magog Cartel, Rapture Farms or somethin' like that
: 251
molluck2  (10)

It would so cool if i would be a mod, wait wha am i talkin' about?
I would never be one!!!!!

08-20-2002, 12:02 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

I would also be interested in moderating off topic, as well as member art and literature.

I was planning on leaving, but my willpower is non existent. That, and I'm a loser.

I wouldn't mind sharing the title of off topic mod with Jacob, actually.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

08-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

:
Originally posted by Disgruntled Intern
I would also be interested in moderating off topic, as well as member art and literature.

I was planning on leaving, but my willpower is non existent. That, and I'm a loser.

I wouldn't mind sharing the title of off topic mod with Jacob, actually.
Yeah, same here.

I would love to moderate the Off-Topic Discussion or Member Art & Literature.

Sharing's alright with me, too...

-Mac

08-20-2002, 01:43 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

I think it would be a good idea to have Jacob and Disgruntled Intern to co monitor the Off Topic Discussion. As lond as they don't punk out on the boards, I think they would do a great job.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

08-20-2002, 03:15 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)

I am not looking toward moderating any forum at the moment, and i dont think anyone here really would nominate myself. However i would like to know if i will be moderating the soon to come OIPT forum, and if that is so then that is all i will moderate unless anyone wants me to do more. So Admins will i be moderating the soon to be OIPT forum Thank you so much.

Also i would like to nominate a few, i would like to nominate Majic Abe to be a moderater, and AL the Vykker to be a moderator, also Oddsville and the Khanzumer.

Those are my nominees.
thanks again- Kai
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

08-20-2002, 04:49 PM
MunchOnThis
Clakker Store Clerk

: Thames Wharf...(under the church) ^_^
: 757
MunchOnThis  (10)
Happy Ummmmmmmmm.....

I have a strong interest in moderating,I don't really mind what I moderate.I'm not exactly fussy about what I would moderate if possible. But I doubt I'll EVER become one. Oh well...I tried...I'll just nominate myself for moderating Fan corner or Member Art & Literature. Since Al The Vykker also wishes to moderate Fan corner I wouldn't mind sharing the title with him.

~Munchy

"Won't somebody testify, kick a hole right in the sky..
Testify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Slap a liar in his eye, kick a hole right in the sky
Tesify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Johnny, Johnny Johnny..."
~ RHCP, Johnny kick a hole in the sky

Last edited by MunchOnThis; 08-21-2002 at 01:09 AM..
08-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

: UK
: 308
Molluck  (11)

I too was leaving but I luv OWF too much so I gotta stay!
It would be great being a mod but I don't really have much chance...
I would go for RPG cose I love it and even though i haven't been in the main rpg before it would be a good oppertunity to do so It would be great being in I high position of any sort really but Rex is more likley to get RPG than me...
I would love Fan corner too but I doubt that will be free either...
Even if i don't get any high position i think all those who have replied already would do any position brilliantlly Thank you all *bows*
08-20-2002, 06:24 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Off-Topic or Member A & L. Something I've always wnated to do... so I nominate myself.
08-20-2002, 06:39 PM
The Sour Slig
Fuzzle

: Aug 2002
: Location too long. Shorten Please :)
: 132
The Sour Slig  (11)

I nominate anybody who wants to moderate the RPG forum (Mullock ) because I really want to role play badly!

Step outta line, Scrub, and you and your little mudokin friends over there will enjoy a nice long dirt nap.

08-20-2002, 06:52 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Thank you for nominating me Kaimana! Although moderating has been my dream since I joined. Though I have learned that power can sometimes make Individuals different then they used to be, and change them in some ways, some others may not even scratch them, the Moderator position I would Like to be is Fan Corner, although if I am not chosen for that, I humbly understand, I am glad to be here, know that I will always support OWF, and that I have seen what a great place this is, and that I am glad to be here with all of you. I am also glad that this place has been alot more friendly, and more Democratic.

Thank you all the staff and Members of OWF, you have shown your true leadership in a time of need.

Sincerely, Al the Vykker
08-20-2002, 07:00 PM
Joe the Intern
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Boise?
: 1,181
Joe the Intern  (11)

Hmmm... Moderator positions. Wheeee... I'm on every day. I'd love to moderate Fan Corner, if possible. So, I nominate myslef for moderator of Fan Corner.

08-20-2002, 07:15 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Hmm thats sounds like a good idea. I would like to be a Mod myself possibly for fan cornor or Art and litature. I think I would be a good mod because I am on every single day and contributing every day. So I nominate myself. But if not then thats ok.

Paramiteabe...

08-20-2002, 07:54 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
Originally posted by Kaimana
I am not looking toward moderating any forum at the moment, and i dont think anyone here really would nominate myself. However i would like to know if i will be moderating the soon to come OIPT forum, and if that is so then that is all i will moderate unless anyone wants me to do more. So Admins will i be moderating the soon to be OIPT forum Thank you so much.

Also i would like to nominate a few, i would like to nominate Majic Abe to be a moderater, and AL the Vykker to be a moderator, also Oddsville and the Khanzumer.

Those are my nominees.
thanks again- Kai
Yes Kaimana, Im sure you'll be getting the OIPT Forum, afterall the OIPT is yours!

As for the nominees, keep 'em coming! We need more people to be fair, and so you have a more wider range of people to vote for.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

08-20-2002, 11:06 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

I would be interested, I am on usualy every day and have been here a while. I wouldn't care really what place to be put into, preferably Off TOpic (though thers lots of others there...), thats where I regularly visit. Like I said, any other though. I don't think I have any bad moments on my record I think, and would be willing to do what the forums need.
08-20-2002, 11:16 PM
thebomb372
Thudslug

: Jul 2002
: hell
: 164
thebomb372  (10)

i nominate kai
08-20-2002, 11:19 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I nominate Kai for OIPT and Myself as stated in my other response for Fan Corner Moderator.
08-20-2002, 11:40 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

I wouldn't mind being a moderator for the Off Topic Discussion or the Fan Art and Literature forums. I have a good attitude towards all members, I come to the forums regularly, I keep an opened mind, and I always use spell check!
08-21-2002, 03:21 AM
Kesiah
Sniper Wasp

: Jun 2002
: In my Soul Room. Occasionally found on Fanfiction.net
: 274
Kesiah  (10)

I would like to moderate something like the Fan Corner, as it's my favourite spot, but I think I may need more experiance first.
But I'm willing to try!

*edits post: I forgot to metion that I generally visit the forums everyday, but generally when most people aren't here, 'cause of my location and time differences.
I am a Yaoist. If you have a problem with this, tell someone else.
Author of "Quest for the Can Opener" And several other fics. See them at Fanfiction.net!

Last edited by Kesiah; 08-20-2002 at 07:25 PM..
08-21-2002, 08:18 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

Ah yes I nominate molluck and myself (as we are good friends and we can talk Things over) for moderators for he rpg. And Kai for the off topic!

08-21-2002, 11:12 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)
Question August 24....

I wonder nobody recommends Xavier why.
He does not return here till August 24......

atusiya@'s father..
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

Last edited by atusiya@; 08-21-2002 at 03:15 AM..
08-21-2002, 11:21 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

I think Xavier is the perfect choice for GD, or the Spoilers section....But I've already nominated myself, so this is more of an opinion than a nomination.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

08-21-2002, 02:03 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)
Re: Moderator Applications now Open!

:
Originally posted by Abe Babe
As many of you are aware we now have several vacant moderator positions available.

- Off Topic Discussion
- Fan Corner
- Oddworld RPG
- Member Art and Literature

At this point in time Justin, Peter and myself will be moderating the Zulag 1 forums and the Suggestions forum.

Initially we are looking for one moderator per forum, but if the need arises we are happy to have multiple moderators. People can also apply to moderate multiple forums if they have interest in doing so (i.e. an art orientated member may be interested in moderating both fan corner and the Member Art and Literature forum).

We are looking for dedicated members, who have a strong interest in making these forums a member based forum and a place which is welcoming to all. Moderating will include all the usual tasks such as deleting and moving threads, etc. Peferrably the potential moderator should visit the forums on a regular basis.

Once nominations have been recieved we plan on running a member based voting system. Therefore instead of us choosing the moderators, you will be able to have a say in who you want moderating your forums. I don't think there are many forums around which do this at all, so this is a first for Oddworld Forums.

If you are interested, please reply to this topic, or if you have any questions, or perhaps would like to nominate another member, please feel free to do so also.

Abe Babe and the OWF Team
I would like to be a off topic or fan corner moniter.Mostly beacaus eI usally go there and being a mod would be fun.I would of couse edit and potrol it endlessly and be responseble now where do I sign the contract?

Edit:I think AlTheVykker should be the fan mod because hes so good at fics and knows when something wrong is going on in the fan fic

Wrex.

Last edited by mitsur; 08-21-2002 at 06:08 AM..
08-21-2002, 02:41 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

: UK
: 308
Molluck  (11)

If possible I would love to share RPG with Rex! We have some Very cool ideas for it!
I vote for kai for off topic....
Thank you Sour slig for a vote
I am a dedicated member but have been Away often from my mum's cancer... (She has just died)
I am not Going for a sympathy vote here just telling the admins why...
Cheers!
08-21-2002, 02:52 PM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)

I vote for Molluck as R.P.G mod. She has been here a long time and I feel she is a very creative and responsible person.

Don't expect to see Me here again...I'll be content with watching.

Last edited by salty pretzils; 08-21-2002 at 08:06 AM..