Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Forum Suggestions & Help

11-09-2001, 08:20 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

I agree with the 'team' idea. Although I think five should be the limit, otherwise arguments might break out over who moderates which forum.

It might be an idea to make the voting a secret ballot, otherwise people may just vote for their friends or for people who voted for them.

In the meantime, however, I'll cast my votes on who should be in the team.
In my last post I nominated Black Dragon, Rettick, Max the Mug, Steel Shark and Pilot.
Em, Dan and Pilot have all volunteered themselves, and so I'll carry over those three votes. I don't know about the other two. Max doesn't know if he's going to be able to stay online, and he hasn't even posted at all in this topic, so he might not want the position. And Steel Shark hasn't nominated himself yet, so I don't know if he wants the position.

I'm still nominating myself, though. As I said in my last post in this topic, I do have experience with moderating, and I am competent and capable. I would love to know that I'm making a difference.

11-09-2001, 09:49 PM
Pilot

: Apr 2001
: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

There is a certain sinister honesty to Rettick's post... I, personally believe that the proposition of having so many moderators would have to be solely left up to the Admins to make the call. The problem that arises from that particular situation is that with more people to take care of the job, that situation loses it's sense of responsibilty. With 5 moderators, a situation might arises where one, two...or even all five would each say, "Oh, I don't have to worry. One of the other mods is probably on there. Oh well, less work for me!" And then nothing gets done. Of course, not literally, but it's really human nature to do that. Am I making sense?

11-09-2001, 10:02 PM
abe333
Riot Slug

: australia
: 598
abe333  (10)

thanks Molluck you make me fell good!!?
:
ORIGINALY POSTED BY MOLLUCK:

Me getting the job is laughable when u got people like
Xavier
ODDBODD
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Lampian
Gluk Shmuch
ABE333=ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
etc.
[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: abe333 ]

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: abe333 ]
11-09-2001, 11:00 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

We haven't said anything on the number as yet... from some of your posts it sounds like you are making the decision for us!!!

At the moment we will probably only consider one moderator, it's not something we want to give to anyone and everyone. We're pretty picky when choosing moderators. If the position warrants more in the future then Sydney and myself can decide if this is needed in the future. We don't want to jump ahead of ourselves. In the short term I'll also be helping the potential moderator out as soon as I get Munch.

We will be making the announcement shortly anyway, so keep an eye out for it.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

11-10-2001, 03:07 AM
abe333
Riot Slug

: australia
: 598
abe333  (10)

OKAY, I'LL BE IN, HOPE I WIN!!!?
11-10-2001, 03:56 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

there is only one way to settle this!!!!

A RACE AROUND THE UNIVERSE!!!! No Leviathon space travel or flying! We will all be given space suits and we wiggle around madly until we float all the way around the universe! The first to planet Nemdoy (home of the nasty mookies) wins. Conditions apply..
fine print, only the almight oddious oddbodd shall get a space suit which will contain a warpcore which can reach a miximum of warp 10. All the other contestants will recieve a fishbowl which they put over their heads, fishbowl contains a big hole and the contract signed will have no responsibility of contestents poppin due to vacume of space.
Any Leviathon-Symbiotes that are found in the vaccume of space will be shot down by imperial poopshooters. Along with any sligs, glukkons, abes, dragons, or any other species wearing a fishbowl and wriggling in space.

MAY THE BEST MAN *cough* ODDBODD *cough cough* WIN!

11-10-2001, 04:07 AM
Pilot

: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

I don't think that you have a fishbowl that will fit my head. By the way, would you like a throat lozenge for that cough?

11-10-2001, 04:21 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

.....finer print, any pilot contestants will be forced to jam head into fishbowl. Which will cause suffocation!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

11-10-2001, 04:28 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

:
Originally posted by molluck:
(and some other responsible people like oddbodd) Be a modd of another forum like just an assistant mod!!!
the dude said it not me!

11-10-2001, 11:23 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Oay insted of us chossing like Abe Babe said why don't we decide!!
Instead of just saying I'd be perfect because....
I suppose you could suggest someone andtell em why you think they were good or we could do a secret ballard sort of thing.
We email syd with who we wanna become a mod and the person with the most Votes win or becomes the mod!
But only a suggestion!

11-10-2001, 11:32 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Well, Syd and AbeBabe are the board administrators, that's why their say in the matter is pretty final. Besides, I don't think everyone would be impartial in their voting, some people at least would vote for friends. *sits back to await the almighty Admins' decision*

*eats Oddbodd's warp-core* Mmm, spicy... Oops, I'm sorry, did you need that...?

11-10-2001, 12:16 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

Aye, all this pestering, begging, and carrying on about wanting the job will only make you look too desperate, and that is not a good thing when the admins are looking to select someone for a very important job. Your original post on the matter (in most cases) was enough.
Just my 2 cents worth.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

11-11-2001, 10:06 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

BUT I AM DESPERATE!! I'm not pestering, if i don't get the job well i don't get the job! End.