Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)
Integration of the OIPT into Oddworld Forums

A decision has been made to integrate the OIPT (Oddworld Interactive Poll Team) as part of the Oddworld Forums. If you have visited General Oddworld Discussion lately you would have noticed many threads for UOC (Ultimate Oddworld Creature) and POC (Pathetic Oddworld Creature).

Although Kaimana can explain more than I can, the polls are designed to vote on which Oddworld character is either the best or worst in each category.

At this point in time we are not sure as to how we will integrate the OIPT into the forums, however we would like to see suggestions from members regarding this also. One possibility is to create a new sub-forum for these polls once everything gets back to normal again.

Let us know your ideas ... and I'll hand this thread over to those members of the OIPT to run.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-20-2002, 09:08 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

That sounds very cool. It would be good for the community but i am not queit sure about it...i'll ask kai!

08-20-2002, 09:17 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Kaimana is most pleased for this to happen.

As am I, the OIPT hasn't been going for all that long but it sure has made an impact on General Discussion.

So what are your ideas or thoughts?

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

08-20-2002, 12:21 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Yeah, we here at the OIPT are very pleased with Abe Babe's descision (also with her giving us custom titles ), although we aren't sure how we're going to do it...

Hey guys, I was thinking that maybe we could do a little box above GD like the Announcements box above the Suggestion Forum...

I dunno if it's practical or possible, though...

-Mac

08-20-2002, 03:01 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)
Oddworld OIPT CEO

I am most pleased and happy about Abe Babe and Pilots wonderful decission. As for where to put this well i was thinking that we could have a sort of sub forum similar to the of M A & L in off topic but ours be in GD. Or as Mac has said make it like how Pilot created the Announcment above GD. All of this would be very wonderfull. And i thank you all for your support, i do understand that this will take time as we all must settle down from the past incident. Also my team is very greatfull toward the Administrative Staff about handing us out custom titles. I can promise OWF that the OIPT will boost our potential and that i am willing to push the team to be the best we can. OIPT has now 7 members, and that is all we will take for now and a long time. So to the Staff and members thank you so much for your greatly appreciated support. the OIPT will not let you down. We have many new ideas and UOC and POC is just 2 of many more.

Thank you- OIPT CEO Kai
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

Last edited by Kaimana; 08-20-2002 at 07:07 AM..
08-20-2002, 07:57 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)
Re: OIPT CEO

:
Originally posted by Kaimana
I am most pleased and happy about Abe Babe and Pilots wonderful decission. As for where to put this well i was thinking that we could have a sort of sub forum similar to the of M A & L in off topic but ours be in GD. Or as Mac has said make it like how Pilot created the Announcment above GD. All of this would be very wonderfull. And i thank you all for your support, i do understand that this will take time as we all must settle down from the past incident. Also my team is very greatfull toward the Administrative Staff about handing us out custom titles. I can promise OWF that the OIPT will boost our potential and that i am willing to push the team to be the best we can. OIPT has now 7 members, and that is all we will take for now and a long time. So to the Staff and members thank you so much for your greatly appreciated support. the OIPT will not let you down. We have many new ideas and UOC and POC is just 2 of many more.

Thank you- OIPT CEO Kai
Me and Abe Babe were discussing this last night, the idea of a sub-forum in General Discussion was very pleasing, so im guessing you'll be a moderator of it as well.

How long exactly until the Technology titles? I think we should install the forum before then, so that you can have the title in there

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

08-20-2002, 11:00 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

Well we are on our eigth UOC title so i will say in about two weeks we will end the UOC.

08-21-2002, 03:14 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

As you may have noticed, the OIPT forum has now become a reality.

I just have a question for Kai or any of the other OIPT members ... Alcar said that it will end in about 8 weeks time. I'm not sure what plans you have for after that time, but I'm wondering what will happen after then. Do you have any other plans?

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

08-21-2002, 03:25 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)
Oddworld

Ah well the UOC titles will end in about two weeks, and yes we have many other plans that will keep the OIPT very busy, we have about three or four more topic titles that we are going to do in sequential order so that the OIPT stays busy with titles. And thank you to everyone that helped and gave there ideas i really appreciate it.
So yes Abe Babe we have many things instore for the OIPT

OIPT CEO-Kai

08-21-2002, 08:18 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

Ooops! I really messed up on my last post ... I thought it was 8 weeks and that Peter said it. Oh well.

Sounds exciting! I think we made the right decision in creating a sub-forum for OIPT, it will make an excellent additon to OWF.

Abe Babe...

08-24-2002, 01:52 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
Wired Gone a Week

WOW! I'm gone one week and everything seems to have changed... and mostly for the better. I love the new layout and am incredibly excited to learn about the big steps that OIPT has made. I knew it would though, one of the reasons I was so quick to ask to help Kaimana when this all first started.

I'd love to ramble on but I've got about 100 other topics to browse so see ya!
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

08-24-2002, 04:03 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

Well Khanz ill have you knwo that the OIPT is going great with our own forum and your titles and everything... once again i would like to congradulate the OIPT Forum and the new Layout

-Kai