07-17-2001, 02:32 PM
Darksider
Bolamite

: Apr 2001
: Minnesota(somewhere)
: 67
Darksider  (11)
We Reach Mukodona

(OOC: ALL PYKE REFUGEES! POST ANYTHING YOU DO IN MUKODONA THAT CONCERNS SHOPPING, EATING, ECT. IN HERE!)

As the tired, trail worn, bone beat refugees of pyke drag them selves into mukodona in a straggling line, Keris slips up beside Sligit at the head of the line. For the last hour, sligit has been hopping on his mechanical left leg, his right one, the one made of flesh and bone, to hurt and tired to be useful.

Keris: i need to go back.

Sligit: go then, kid, you're the only one who hasn't been worn out by this trip.

Keris slips back. Then a town elder comes out to greet them

Town Elder: greetings, you seem worn out by your travel.

Sligit: we ask you for rest, a place to eat, and living quarters. Please help us, or we will surely have to travel all the way to Paramonia and the Mudomo tribe.

Town Elder: what drove you to the roads?

Sligit: let us in. Over supper, i shall tell. Also, summon Rettick and Kugal if you can find them. They too must hear of Pyke's downfall.

Town Elder: Pyke? Surely not the great southern village Pyke?

Sligit: i am afraid so, sir. We are all that survived.

Town Elder(to the townsfolk): fetch food and water! Set up living quarters and in the morning help these good people set up houses. We must be hospitable, for these come from Pyke, and it has fallen! Go now, all you in the town!

They rush off to do the Elder's Bidding. At supper, Rettick, Kugal and the Elders of the Town are gathered, hearing the tale of Sligit and the Pyke Refugees. About halfway through supper, there is a knock on the door. Keris enters, and immediately, all eyes turn to his staff. It glows somehow, with an unearthly power. The wood looks strong enough to break a slig's skull open. Suddenly, Kugal speaks up.

Kugal: well, you seem more powerful... what happened?

Keris: the staff has been imbued with PSIonic Surge, a powerful and revered spell in the Darksider world. Also, i will be entering the Powers of the Mind tournament.

Kugal: u have no partner. U cant.

Keris: my partner is my staff.

Rettick laughs) well, he's gotcha there. Any item with any ability to use a spell or an ability is able to enter.

Kugal: well, then i hope you are a worthy opponent. i will find the master of the tournament and enter you.

Keris: thank you.(sits down to supper) and also, where can i purchase a pet. I need an Elum.

Town Elder: umm, two shops down, 5000 moolah.

Keris: thank you. I will remember that when i have that moolah.

They continue with the meal, as if undesturbed. After eating, the refugees and the Elders, along with Rettick and Kugal, go to their beds for sleep.