Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

08-19-2004, 05:37 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)
Possible EuroGamer Video Solution

Many people, myself included were unable to see the EuroGamer video displaying a demonstration of Oddworld Stranger at EA's Hot Summer Nights event. I was finally able to see this sweet movie a few days ago after downloading an MPEG-2 player. You can download one here...MPEG-2 Player EuroGamer has since taken down the link to the movie, but Depths of Oddworld has the link here...EuroGamer Video With this link you do not have to use BitTorrent to download it. When all is downloaded and installed, open up the MPEG-2 player and open the Stranger video file. I am wondering if this is the solution to the problem or just a resource that works for a small few. Now I do not know if this will work for anyone else, and I don't even know if people are still interested, but I thought I might as well supply some information that helped me.

Last edited by MojoMan220; 08-19-2004 at 05:40 PM..
08-19-2004, 05:53 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

I couldn't get the video to work until I used DivX.

So, for kids that couldn't see the video...try MojoMan's method or DivX. Hopefully one of these should work. The video is worth it just to see the gameplay.

-oddguy

09-09-2004, 02:03 AM
The Gungrave
Stunk

: Sep 2004
: London, UK
: 36
The Gungrave  (10)

Sorry folks but I HAD to bump this thread up, for those of you who may have missed it. For those of you asking questions about gameplay, heres 20 mins of it demonstrated by Lorne himself. It answered all my questions about just how well the game will hold together, so hopefully it will quosh a few wondering minds eyes to bring it all into focus.

HUGE thanks to Mojo for the link, I had been searching everywhere for this as Eurogamers took it down (God I hate that sodding site, its worse than IGN). Muchas gracias padre, I owes ya one!

09-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Mar 2004
: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

I'll won't download untill i get better software,other wise it will just be a wasted of my time, and god knows how or when it'd gunna happend. I just have to wait then.

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe