Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

08-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Nepsotic
8===========D~

: Aug 2011
: 5,425
Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)
Representation/Sexual Exploitation In the Media

First off, yeah I've been gone a while. I just needed some space and time to sort some shit out, but everything's more or less fine now, so yeah. I forgot my password, too, so there's that.

There may have been threads like this before but whatever, everyone's talking about NnT right now and I think there should be some OT activity for the people who haven't had chance to play it.

For a start, I agree that woman are often over-sexualised in the media, it's obvious, but at the same time, is it really as big of a deal as people make it out to be? There's also the fact that it happens to men, too, way more often than you'd think. The difference here is that it's often looked past because women kind of get "special treatment" in that department.
The thing is, everyone gets special treatment in one way or another, and everyone's fighting over everyone else's special treatment. I think that is the biggest problem with the "equality" thing in society these days.

I don't think its wrong we have so many unrealistically sexualised women in media because we all know that the key word is unrealistically. People aren't like that, and it's more offensive to men that people think we only think with our dicks. The thing is, men generally don't care about that, where as you have radical feminists and social justice warriors that will flip their shit about Wonder-Woman's costume. We're all pretty intelligent people and we know that women don't make orgasm noises when they wash their hair.

Another thing is that things like breast cancer adverts (warnings, not places to buy your own tumor) are always geared at women, yet you'd be surprised at the amount of men who can get the disease. I've also never seen anything on TV warning men about testicular cancer.

I guess my point is that feminism is essentially useless in the first world, as women may not be represented in the same way as men, but they are treated as equally as they can be. When it gets down to it, nobody is equal, and that's kind of what keeps things interesting. It's not a good thing when you've got a society or group where everyone is the same *cough*Tumblr*cough*iPhone users*cough*. There's no reason to get annoyed about over sexualisation in the media because not only is it common with both genders, but we know that it isn't real. These comments from a Facebook post are different ways of putting it, but they're basically saying the same thing.

I don't know what "testicular cancer robs a man of his sexual identity" means, but the point still stands, I guess.

Those radical feminists on Tumblr don't want equality, they want to be more privileged than men. In some respects women always will be more privileged than men, and in others men will be more privileged than women, but the issues begin when people start crying about it.

All this being said, I'm all for equality, but society is focusing its "efforts" in the wrong area. Sexism exists today, I won't deny that, but it isn't being fought in the right way. What's being fought is the way media portrays women etc. and that's just pointless in the end.
What about the people with power? Sexism and racism is much worse in politics.

Basically it goes from one extreme to the other, you've got the racists, homophobics and transphobics at one end, and then you've got the social justice warriors at the other who exist only to represent their respective groups horribly and give them a bad rep.

BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Semi-related video.

It's great, it's like something off Brass Eye.

08-22-2014, 05:41 PM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

No good will come of this.

08-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Job McYossie
Outlaw Cutter

: Dec 2013
: Among the unmade music
: 1,086
Job McYossie  (857)Job McYossie  (857)Job McYossie  (857)Job McYossie  (857)Job McYossie  (857)Job McYossie  (857)Job McYossie  (857)

I do think that the one sided view of sexualization in media is bad, men get sexualized just about as much, I didn't exactly go and count. I do think though that we need to make it blatantly obvious that these people are unrealistically shaped, as I know too many people who think it's a fully achievable thing.

Xorlidyr: The tidal waves clean our sins.

My Steam: spiderqueen ;Oddio is the best pun

08-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Nepsotic has raised a lot of points and most of them are bullshit, but it's late and I can't be bothered dealing with it.

I'll make one point: Sexualisation of women in the media is often done in a way that robs them of their dignity. Sexualisation of men in the media is usually done in a way that increases their dignity and makes them look stronger. There's a lot of history behind it, including the fact that women are generally shamed for being sexual while men are applauded for it.

08-23-2014, 04:08 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

I just want to say that any woman who doesn't want equality isn't a feminist, she's a misandrist. Feminism is still a really important part of first world society but I agree it has a more vital role in Asian societies than it does in Western Europe.

If I see one person raise a Tumblr opinion on this thread I'm going to send the person a nice fedora to add to their collection.

08-23-2014, 04:37 AM
Slog Bait
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2008
: Middle of a desert
: 1,669
Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)

Too many of said misandrists are parading around as feminists though and moving modern feminism in a reeeally bad direction that's making a lot of people uncomfortable even exercising the thought they might be a feminist. For this reason I'm against the modern feminist movement in the west and would much prefer to stand on the grounds of full equality for all.

And yet, if I claim I'm egalitarian, I get attacked for illegitimizing the problems of people who are being oppressed, and I can not for the life of me understand how that works.oops accidentally oppressing myself by wanting everyone to be on a level playing field

08-23-2014, 05:09 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

:
Nepsotic has raised a lot of points and most of them are bullshit, but it's late and I can't be bothered dealing with it.

I'll make one point: Sexualisation of women in the media is often done in a way that robs them of their dignity. Sexualisation of men in the media is usually done in a way that increases their dignity and makes them look stronger. There's a lot of history behind it, including the fact that women are generally shamed for being sexual while men are applauded for it.
Excuse me? Robs them of their dignity? There's a pretty big fucking assumption in there that a woman can not be proud of her own body and doesn't want to voluntarily show it off.

So you're basically saying that this is making the guy look stronger and this is demeaning to the girl, taking away her dignity? (Both links aren't full nude, but probably NSFW). If that's what you're saying, holy shit.

This is a two way street. Women enjoy seeing a naked in-shape male body just as much as men enjoy seeing a naked in-shape female body. The notion that women somehow don't enjoy their sexuality as much as men do (or shouldn't be allowed to) is completely preposterous.

Sexism exists because humans are sexual creatures. Men lust after beautiful women, so men put beautiful women in their commercials, movies, games to entice other men. Because they know what men like.

Flip the coin around and there are the women who lust after beautiful men. So the women put beautiful men in their commercials, movies (and sometimes games) to entice other women. Because they know what women like. There's a reason Christian Grey from 50 Shades is a tall handsome muscular man and not a short, bald, fat guy with glasses.

It happens equally in every medium but for some reason it's wrong for men to look at sexy women because women are told this 'objectifies' them. Which is bullshit. I can't for the life of me imagine how a man staring at a girl's ass for 2 minutes because it's so perfect can possibly be seen as insulting. If anything it's supposed to be a compliment.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

08-23-2014, 05:32 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

:
Too many of said misandrists are parading around as feminists though and moving modern feminism in a reeeally bad direction that's making a lot of people uncomfortable even exercising the thought they might be a feminist. For this reason I'm against the modern feminist movement in the west and would much prefer to stand on the grounds of full equality for all.

And yet, if I claim I'm egalitarian, I get attacked for illegitimizing the problems of people who are being oppressed, and I can not for the life of me understand how that works.oops accidentally oppressing myself by wanting everyone to be on a level playing field
Feminism is full equality for all though. Misandry =/= feminism. That's like saying the Soviet Union shed atheism in really bad light so I won't associate myself as an atheist and instead call myself a goddlessist. It's the same thing you're just branding yourself differently.

08-23-2014, 05:45 AM
Slog Bait
Outlaw Sniper

Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)

Feminism is fighting for gender equality and egalitarian is fighting for equality on all fronts not specifically gender, and even then feminism only focuses on the rights of men and women, and seems to exclude intersex/gender variant in the mix. from what I've seen. correct me if I'm wrong

And yes I know feminism isn't misandry did you even read my post

I have no qualms with saying I'm a feminist but I'm against the modern feminist movement because it's not being lead by feminists it's being lead by misandrists and a lot of people shy away from the term feminism because THEY equate feminism for misandry

08-23-2014, 06:45 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

What's modern feminism then? Can you show me some of the misandrists 'leading' the movement?

08-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Slog Bait
Outlaw Sniper

I wrote up a whole lot of shit and decided it was too much bullshit so I'll just sum it up. From what I've seen:

Current feminism is just trying to control women, the exact opposite of what it should be doing
Current feminism is harmful to both men and women in the same way the so called "patriarchy" is, and we need to be taking a different approach even though that's difficult since all political movements tend to devolve to be kyriarchal in the end anyways

I like some of those things they're doing in commercials and stuff where they're encouraging little girls to be more varied in their skill sets and not only focusing on dolls and sparkles though. That's very good. We need more of that.

I... actually can't pinpoint any specific feminist leaders because most of what I've seen was in passing, or shown in ideals held by very large groups of people. When an ideal is that wide spread, it usually trickled down by a leader or someone else in a position of power, OR it's spread along like telephone. I know a lot of the more menial issues with current feminism came from Tumblr bullshit, but that doesn't mean it should be dismissed. Tumblr's toxic ideals have seeped out into the real world on more than a few occasions.

08-23-2014, 09:00 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

A minority does not equal a whole, even if that minority is incredibly loud.

You keep talking about 'current feminism' but I really still don't know what you're talking about. Let's just ignore Tumblr keyboard warriors for a minute because they literally have no impact on anything ever outside of their little incestuous cliques.

Feminism is equality for everyone regardless of gender. Anyone who says they are a feminist but campaigns for anything other than equality is not a feminist.

I don't really know what to tell you man, it just seems like you've seen some vocal misandrists talking hate about men and decided the whole movement is a lost cause.

08-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Wings of Fire
Beautiful Bastard

: Dec 2007
: Stafford
: 9,537
Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)

Nobody listen to Nate. I've been told from reliable sources that Zoe Quinn paid him in sexual favours to forward the Feminazi agenda.

On a serious note there are points I want to make, but I'll need to suffer through those awful terrible looking videos that Nep posted first and there's no fucking way I'm doing that sober.
“I always believe the movies I've made are smarter than the way they are perceived by sort of mass culture and by the critics,” Snyder said, a statement he immediately followed by saying, “Also, ‘It looks like a video game.’

08-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: Jan 2003
: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)

I came back to say that this thread is fucking stupid

Yes, Tumblr is full of whiny overly-sensitive shits and there's plenty of man-hating sex-negative grouchycunt monster radfems out there, but the majority of women just want equal pay and not to be treated like a hysterical dainty flower. It still happens, it's still patronizing, and it's still conditional to certain situations.

Just like everything else.

That said, some women are evil cockslut bitches and deserve everything they get! And so do some men.

Seeya shitlords
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

08-23-2014, 09:27 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

I've got work, so I'll deal with this this later. But regarding those videos, these past few years I've been witness to the absolute spectacle of Thunderf00t going off the deep end into some truly psychotic behaviour, all of which revolves around his crazed opposition to feminism, about which he understands nothing and is willing to learn even less.

08-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Wings of Fire
Beautiful Bastard

Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)

I'm currently running a pot on what side OANST is going to take in this debate and how much of an asshole he'll be about it.

All profits will go towards bringing back user profile information for the Native and Industrial themes, and/or buying Alcar a new spleen.
“I always believe the movies I've made are smarter than the way they are perceived by sort of mass culture and by the critics,” Snyder said, a statement he immediately followed by saying, “Also, ‘It looks like a video game.’

08-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

I'll put $1000 on him being on the opposite side of whatever side I'm on.

Edit: Wait, why are we betting if we can't win the pot?

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

08-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Manco
Posts walls of text

: Aug 2007
: based damage system
: 4,751
Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)

It’s all just digital currency so it’s not like it matters. Like bitcoin!

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)

08-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Slog Bait
Outlaw Sniper

:
A minority does not equal a whole, even if that minority is incredibly loud.

You keep talking about 'current feminism' but I really still don't know what you're talking about. Let's just ignore Tumblr keyboard warriors for a minute because they literally have no impact on anything ever outside of their little incestuous cliques.

Feminism is equality for everyone regardless of gender. Anyone who says they are a feminist but campaigns for anything other than equality is not a feminist.

I don't really know what to tell you man, it just seems like you've seen some vocal misandrists talking hate about men and decided the whole movement is a lost cause.
A minority that is incredibly loud can be enough to avert people from joining in on a movement.

I've experienced the shit both online and offline.

The majority of people who claim to be feminists that I've met that are supposed to be advocating for feminism have not shown they are fighting for equality. This is a problem and why a lot of people have become anti-feminist, despite actually being feminist themselves, because these people are everywhere.

And yes, that's basically what happened, but I don't think the movement is a lost cause. I just believe a different approach needs to be taken.

08-23-2014, 12:57 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Is the whole 'real women have curves' thing a feminist thing or is that something different?

08-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Slog Bait
Outlaw Sniper

I think that's a general "body positivity" thing gone wrong

08-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Wings of Fire
Beautiful Bastard

:
It’s all just digital currency so it’s not like it matters. Like bitcoin!
I WILL FIGHT YOU

FIGHT ME YOU BASIC BITCH!

08-23-2014, 01:46 PM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

I have 1117 DogeCoins.

08-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Varrok
Wolvark Grenadier

: Jun 2009
: Beartopia
: 7,301
Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)

You do? That's wonderful!
08-23-2014, 02:12 PM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

Yes! Let's have an enjoyable, productive conversation about crytocurrency.

08-23-2014, 02:22 PM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

Cryptocurrency: the money of the future, today!

08-23-2014, 02:29 PM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

Especially in the regard that you can't buy anything with it right now.

08-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Wings of Fire
Beautiful Bastard

:
There's also the fact that it happens to men, too, way more often than you'd think. The difference here is that it's often looked past because women kind of get "special treatment" in that department.
Japan has the right idea here. Anime portraying gross infanitilizations of effeminate young men are a big market right now. Bonus points if they're touchy feely with one another.

It's sort of disgusting but hey, that's equality for you. Can't argue with what female fans want out of what they watch.

:
I don't think its wrong we have so many unrealistically sexualised women in media because we all know that the key word is unrealistically. People aren't like that, and it's more offensive to men that people think we only think with our dicks.
If this was true then holy shit it would take more than a pair of breasts to adveritize something. Men think with their dicks and we are socialized to think that women are objects and this is okay. It's been getting better, but it still exists.

:
where as you have radical feminists and social justice warriors that will flip their shit about Wonder-Woman's costume
That sure is a buzzword.

:
Another thing is that things like breast cancer adverts (warnings, not places to buy your own tumor) are always geared at women, yet you'd be surprised at the amount of men who can get the disease. I've also never seen anything on TV warning men about testicular cancer.
:
In 2008, breast cancer caused 458,503 deaths worldwide
:
Globally, as of 2010, testicular cancer resulted in about 8,000 deaths.
Gee I wonder why this could be.

:
I guess my point is that feminism is essentially useless in the first world, as women may not be represented in the same way as men, but they are treated as equally as they can be.
Call me back when we have no pay gap, k?

:
When it gets down to it, nobody is equal, and that's kind of what keeps things interesting.
Other considerations aside, you are far too white to speak that bullshit.

:
There's no reason to get annoyed about over sexualisation in the media because not only is it common with both genders, but we know that it isn't real.
Nate's response to this was far more eloquent than the incoherent ramble I'd subject you to, but if you think that life doesn't imitate art you are dead wrong.

Soooooo creating insular male created and male orientated industries is okay with you...? You better watch those arguments you're co-opting sir.

:
Those radical feminists on Tumblr don't want equality, they want to be more privileged than men. In some respects women always will be more privileged than men, and in others men will be more privileged than women, but the issues begin when people start crying about it.
The issue with inequality doesn't begin when people start crying about it. It begins with the inequality itself. I am struck dumb by this entirely vapid and unsubstantiated argument. Also you're assuming radfems are the be all and end all of third wave feminism and that's just not true.

:
Basically it goes from one extreme to the other, you've got the racists, homophobics and transphobics at one end, and then you've got the social justice warriors at the other who exist only to represent their respective groups horribly and give them a bad rep.
Basically how are those two sides at all equivalent? Yes, TERFs and the like are awful, but holy shit so what? They're not in positions of power. They're not policy makers. Racists and homophobes and misogynists are.

:
If I see one person raise a Tumblr opinion on this thread I'm going to send the person a nice fedora to add to their collection.

:
Too many of said misandrists are parading around as feminists though and moving modern feminism in a reeeally bad direction that's making a lot of people uncomfortable even exercising the thought they might be a feminist.
Are they? Are they really? Your homework shall be to collect the names of popular campaigners, authors and academics who are part of the Feminist Illuminati.

Make sure you don't get disappeared!

:
Sexism exists because humans are sexual creatures. Men lust after beautiful women, so men put beautiful women in their commercials, movies, games to entice other men. Because they know what men like.

Flip the coin around and there are the women who lust after beautiful men. So the women put beautiful men in their commercials, movies (and sometimes games) to entice other women. Because they know what women like. There's a reason Christian Grey from 50 Shades is a tall handsome muscular man and not a short, bald, fat guy with glasses.

It happens equally in every medium
And yet, though roughly 50% of the human race is female every industry is male dominated on every level from concept to audience...?

:
I can't for the life of me imagine how a man staring at a girl's ass for 2 minutes because it's so perfect can possibly be seen as insulting. If anything it's supposed to be a compliment.
http://bit.ly/1q7SVtR

:
Feminism is fighting for gender equality and egalitarian is fighting for equality on all fronts not specifically gender,
If you say this in the context of a discussion about sex and gender what it sounds like you're saying is 'Yes women have it worse but I'm fighting for the rights of men too.' You have to use language relevant to the context of the discussion because most people are fucking idiots and will bite your head off because they think you meant something you didn't. There seems to be this misconception that there's a line called equality and we straight white males (Disclaimer: I'm not straight and I don't really identify with being male either, but that's not relevant here.) are either situated on the line or a bit below it. That's wrong. We are far above the line. If we need to be taken down a peg to allow those below the line to have some elbow room to climb, then so be it. Privilege is a zero sum game.

:
and even then feminism only focuses on the rights of men and women, and seems to exclude intersex/gender variant in the mix
There's some unfortunate truth in this, but as it stands it's basically an appeal to worse problems. Feminists don't need to fight for trans rights just like they don't need to fight for the rights of starving African babies. Trans people can stand up for themselves and the eeeeeevil straight white males who control the world can support them. We have the privilege! You'll also find that a lot of feminist groups are openly supportive of trans groups which is nice but we shouldn't cloud the issue here.

:
I like some of those things they're doing in commercials and stuff where they're encouraging little girls to be more varied in their skill sets and not only focusing on dolls and sparkles though. That's very good. We need more of that.
I agree! But don't get men to make it.

:
Tumblr's toxic ideals have seeped out into the real world on more than a few occasions.
Fucking Dashcon, man.

:
Let's just ignore Tumblr keyboard warriors for a minute
But I don't want to.

They're so funny!

:
Nobody listen to Nate. I've been told from reliable sources that Zoe Quinn paid him in sexual favours to forward the Feminazi agenda.
I just went and quoted myself to remind everyone that Nate is superduper privileged (Thanks for that, God) and he's two degrees of separation from the Illuminati. Probably.

:
but I'll need to suffer through those awful terrible looking videos that Nep posted first and there's no fucking way I'm doing that sober.
Haha I'm not entirely sober and I still didn't watch them!

:
That said, some women are evil cockslut bitches and deserve everything they get!
The power of life imitates art in action. Strike Witch has watched too much bad anime and is now unable to distinguish between reality and fiction .

:
The majority of people who claim to be feminists that I've met that are supposed to be advocating for feminism have not shown they are fighting for equality. This is a problem and why a lot of people have become anti-feminist, despite actually being feminist themselves, because these people are everywhere.
The problem with this argument is lots of men are much stupider than you could ever believe and this kind of thinking and behaviour is propagated and validated through the media's depiction of women. That's the beeee all and eeeeend all here. Ladies and gentlemen.

:
Is the whole 'real women have curves' thing a feminist thing or is that something different?
:
I think that's a general "body positivity" thing gone wrong
Rule of thumb: If you are medically healthy (Anorexia and obesity are not medically healthy) then anyone telling you what a real [insert group here] should look like is most definitely not on your side and is poisonous to your cause and your self-esteem. Ignore that shit and get it out of your life.

I have rum.

08-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Slog Bait
Outlaw Sniper

SCIENCE: IT'S A GIRL THING

:
Are they? Are they really? Your homework shall be to collect the names of popular campaigners, authors and academics who are part of the Feminist Illuminati.

Make sure you don't get disappeared!
This is good homework because I do need to find all the examples I was thinking of when I made that claim anyways

08-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

:
And yet, though roughly 50% of the human race is female every industry is male dominated on every level from concept to audience...?
That's a matter of male/female equality in pay and work opportunity, which is not what I was talking about. It's not really that odd for more men to be making career as opposed to women who often choose to have children around the time they're 30, which slows down their career significantly. Men don't have this problem as much and, in turn for women having children, are deemed to provide for their family. They may be old values and stuff, but that's how things work. The majority of women simply don't want to invest more into their career after having had children.

Objectification is a really really really ambiguous thing that means different things to different people. To me objectification is something along the lines of a guy demanding a hot girl have sex with him because she's 'dressed like a slut and that's what she's at the party for'. For me it has absolutely nothing to do with checking out a girl and deciding for myself that she's attractive. Because that's a natural thing that everyone does, consciously or subconsciously, all the time. With everyone we meet.

And I'm not kidding, everyone does it. Men and women, there have been studies on this. When you see a person your eyes will be instantly checking out their sexual attractive regions whether you realize that or not. It's a part of human nature that can't possibly be branded as objectification.

Someone finding your body attractive should never ever be an insult. Not under any circumstance. The fact that to some people this IS an insult indicates to me that there's something very wrong with our society. And that might just have its roots back in the old morals and values of religion (which did and still does an amazing job at actually and truly objectifying women, by the way. Head scarfs and Burka's anyone? And the bible has its own share of passages that seriously oppress women).