Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Non-Oddworld Gaming

09-15-2005, 02:06 AM
Godlesswanderer
Naked & Pimping

: Dec 2004
: Essex, England
: 1,183
Godlesswanderer  (22)

True, I suppose. But there was quite a bit more that didn't get destroyed along with my ship and was left in a cargo container near me. Including some Tech II items. I could easily get it all back though. If only I could remember most of it.

The only reason I was annoyed (and still am) was because this is the first time this has happened to me. Plus the price of the Iteron Mk II (about 600k) is quite expensive compared to the amount of cash I have at the moment (although I know it's nothing compared to most players). Fortunately, I've now bought an Iteron Mk III (the next up from a Mk II) with the insurance paid out on the Mk II, plus a bit of mining profit.

Last edited by Godlesswanderer; 09-15-2005 at 10:26 AM..
09-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

It takes me 2 mining runs to make enough money to buy an iteron mk 5, so I dunno what the heck you're doing to make your money but whatever it is you obviously need to step up your skill training and mining a notch.
09-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Loup Garou
Stingbee

: Aug 2002
: At Home
: 84
Loup Garou  (10)

Eve-Online eh? Seems complicated, has anyone ever tried Lineage 2? I've played it once and that was for propably for like an hour, but it's awesome. It takes time to gain levels and all weapons and items costs alot and it's lovely in general. Check it out on www.lineage2.com. But unfortunately I played at my brother's apartment, I won't be able to play again 'til I get a bigger computer and broadband...

09-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Godlesswanderer
Naked & Pimping

: Dec 2004
: Essex, England
: 1,183
Godlesswanderer  (22)

:
It takes me 2 mining runs to make enough money to buy an iteron mk 5, so I dunno what the heck you're doing to make your money but whatever it is you obviously need to step up your skill training and mining a notch.
So far, the best ship type I can use is a cruiser and as it stands right now, my Thorax can't support the 3 Miner II's I have right now (because of CPU issues).

Really, I need a bit of direction in my skills. So far I've just been training randomly, I need to set a goal and try to reach it.

Also, Loup, I've heard of Lineage 2. But only the name, I havn't read any reviews, seen any gameplay or any screenshots. Also, I don't know anyone that either owns it or has played it.

09-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

If you can't even fit 3 miner IIs onto your thorax then you need to fit some CPU upgrades and train up your Electronics skill, preferably to at least level 4.

The idea with skill training is that you first train up all the skills you need to use the stuff you need to use, and then you hone the skills to make them better. This is where maxing out your skills comes in. But you don't do that until very much later in the game.

Right now, the only thing you need to be concerned with is getting yourself a skill structure that allows you to at least use things. This means the minimum skills required to fit modules and use ships, and the minimum skills required to have enough powergrid and CPU to fit the modules to those ships.