Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Welcomes & Birthdays

11-27-2003, 03:15 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: Apr 2001
: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)
Arrow I'm back!

Hey, look who's come crawling back. One of the OWF veterans who jumped ship after a large conflict happened. Oh well, that was some time ago. . .

Actually I'm not really sure if I wanna come back here or not, since I (still) haven't played MO yet. And if the rest of the Oddworld series is gonna be on X-Box, well, I'm gonna be missing out on them, unless I get my hands on an X-Box.
However I'm still a big fan of the original Oddworld games, so what the hey, I've decided to come back to my old hangout.

Anyway, hi people, and I'll see you around this place when I post and such.
- DH
11-27-2003, 05:59 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

Hello. I don't know you but I like your avatar.

Good list.
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

11-27-2003, 10:09 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)
Oddworld Welcome home!

Welcome home!
The ship of"OWF" did not sink yet.
Let's board this ship together with us@again.

atusiya's father..
11-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

Yay members after the conflict is coming back. Welcome Back!
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

11-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Welcome Back, I've read lots of your posts in my bored hours of searching the forum's history. God I need a girlfriend
11-27-2003, 02:49 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

Welcome back! I don't know you at all since I joined less than a year ago, but I guess I'll get a chance to know you now that you're coming back!

-oddguy

11-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

: Oct 2002
: The nearest DDR machine
: 927
Adder  (11)

Dia duit, seanchara.

Well, that's not too acurate, but I doubt you know Irish!

Like OddGuy, I've no idea of who you are, what the conflict was, or if I'm the only sober Irishman here. (I've heard mension of a conflict in which someone left, but that's about it)

Well, I've not got an X-Box or likely to get one, and it hasn't stoped me in my 350+ posts, so I wouldn't let that keep you back.

Get stuck in... again!
11-28-2003, 06:21 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

Ah, it was a big conflict sometime ago, Atusiya, his father, plus the few people who are still here now and were around at the time should remember it. There was some kind of administrator dispute over ownership of Oddworld Forums (OWF), but I won't go into the details. . . OWF split in two and many of the forum veterans took sides. Most up and left to join a new forum (me included), while a few stayed behind here.
However that new forum closed down (about 3 or 4 months ago) because the administrator of it was an arse. Everyone on that forum as far as I know have all split and gone thier seperate ways now. . . I keep in touch with a few on MSN, though.
I'm not sure how many OWF veterans came crawling back after The Glass Asylum shut down. . . Maybe I'm the only one.

Anyway yes, for those who don't know me, I should re-introduce myself to this place.
I'm Dark Hood (you can call me Eddie if you want), one of the first people to join the Oddworld Fan Club, and one of the original members of Oddworld Forums, who arrived here a few months (maybe a bit more or less, I can't remember. If you want an actaul date it was December 31, 2000) after this place was first created back on EzBoard by the people who were originally on the old Infogames Oddworld message boards. So yeah, I'm quite a veteran.

I type too much. Hehe.
- DH

EDIT: Oh yeah, my avator is a screenshot of Jmz "SlamminBeers" Mestemaker's Slig model for Quake III.

Last edited by DarkHoodness; 11-27-2003 at 10:32 PM..
11-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

Obviously since I wasn't here, I don't know who left, but I don't think too many came back. Sydney makes a rare post now and then.
And don't worry about not having an Xbox. All of GD is peoples bullshit theories, which is what I can't stand.

11-29-2003, 06:08 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Welcome back Dark Hood. As you mentioned you might not be around often, but welcome back non-the-less.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

11-29-2003, 12:58 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Dark Hood
However that new forum closed down (about 3 or 4 months ago) because the administrator of it was an arse.
*Gasp*

I had no idea you harbored such feelings toward me.

Did you ever consider that I might have closed down TGA because other aspects of my life take priority?

Last edited by Sydney; 11-29-2003 at 05:05 AM..
11-29-2003, 01:57 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Welcome back Dark Hood!

I do remember you well. I joined about five months later then most of the old old forums members, such as you danny, etc. But I had been here for a year when the split happened.

Anyways enough of me digging up the past, its good to have you back once again.
11-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

hiya. I've seen you post in many an old thread. What was this large conflict? i've heard alot about it.

11-29-2003, 05:09 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Hmmmmmmmmm. I've heard of The Glass Asylum. I was searching for OWF on google one day because the forum site was down and I wanted to see if another link could get me in. Anyway, I clicked on something that said "Oddworld Forums is now being called 'The Glass Asylum'." I thought it was interesting to see that there was another OWF, but I didn't think about it any further from there. From info that I gather by looking at these posts, ownership of the OWF was in dispute blah blah, so people took sides and finally people left and made a forum site of their own. It's down now, so Dark Hood comes back.

-oddguy

11-29-2003, 05:30 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

*white streak suddenly pounces on Dark hood, burying him under 200lbs of fur and muscle*

*grins broadly, showing many sharp teeth* 'Ello Eddie...yesh like I said in MSN I only came back here to terrorise you *evil chuckle*

*jumps off him and inspects the place* very...dark...and...industrially here now. Takes forever to load...even on my cable connection...

Trazu: *pokes head in* so this is where you used to hang out?

OY! Out you! *swipes her paws at the intruding Trandoshan* You so do not belong here! Back...Back to the Star Wars board I say!

Trazu: *ducks her swipes* I was only lookin...sheesh...*pouts*

Ok...I see some confused looks here. I am also an old member of this place, once went by the name 'Dragadon'.

Trazu: Dragadon? *falls over laughing*

*growls* I thought I told you to leave...

Trazu: uh...*slinks out*

Anyway...*stretches* I was once the Fan Corner and RPG mod here...back in the days were I still had an interest in Oddworld. Likely not going to pop back in here much from this point on...save to bug Eddie *pokes him*

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

11-29-2003, 05:36 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

*smiles at Rach and prods her back*

Well, Syd, you were an arse when it came down to the closure of TGA. Sorry, but it's true.

:
Did you ever consider that I might have closed down TGA because other aspects of my life take priority?
There was the option of handing TGA over to someone who were willing to run it instead of you. . . There were plenty of people who would of been willing to take it over. Heck, I would of taken it over if no-one else wanted to. . . Sure, there would of been annoying pop-ups and such, but it would of been better then TGA closing down.

Oh well, never mind. There's no point in arguing over something that's already happened and can't be changed (EzBoard should of gotten rid of the old TGA site by now from lack of activity, and if it hasn't then it will do in a few months). . . It doesn't matter anymore anyway. It was just a forum where we could sit down, have fun and chat to each other. . . it didn't seriously affect anyone's life that much. It's a shame it's gone, yes, but there is no point in arguing over or about it.
- DH

Last edited by DarkHoodness; 11-29-2003 at 09:43 AM..
11-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Amazing. I was just looking through my MSN list and didn't regognizze or didn't remember half the contacts. Yours was one of them. *shrug* Anyways, welcome back.

*scratches one person off the list of 50 or so MSN contacts that he has relearnt the identity of*
11-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

:
Originally posted by oddguy
Hmmmmmmmmm. I've heard of The Glass Asylum. I was searching for OWF on google one day because the forum site was down and I wanted to see if another link could get me in. Anyway, I clicked on something that said "Oddworld Forums is now being called 'The Glass Asylum'." I thought it was interesting to see that there was another OWF, but I didn't think about it any further from there. From info that I gather by looking at these posts, ownership of the OWF was in dispute blah blah, so people took sides and finally people left and made a forum site of their own. It's down now, so Dark Hood comes back.

-oddguy

I would like to clear something up for you. The reason there was another OWF site you found, was because that was where this Oddworld Forums was originally located. It was hosted on Ezboard, and eventually it switched two more times until we are on Vb now. The old site that you found out there, was originally an archive so if people would like to go and check the old topics about oddworld, or fan work etc, they would be able to through the current OWF we are at now.

When the split in Adminship took place, Syd still had control of the archives of OWF, and I believe he deleted all the Oddworld Main Discussion, Old Fan Corner, and Oddworld RPG, and left only off topic, etc. And then made the old Archives link to his new site and forums The Glass Assylum. Naturally this upset people over here at OWF, that the old archive of the old OWF had been deleted, and could not ever be brought back.

If I left anything out I apologize, but thats what I remember about that off the top of my head.

Hope that clears things up for you Oddguy.
11-29-2003, 11:04 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Yes, it clears up a lot for mwah, and hopefully others that weren't there as well. Thanks Al!

-oddguy

11-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

*gasps* Dark Hood. S'laskia. I didn't think I'd see you guys here. Welcome back.

For the record, I'd like to just say that I regret what happened back in the days of the dispute. I lost the trust of many people who had previously trusted me and also turned against friends. That was wrong, but I can't change that. Sorry guys.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

11-30-2003, 02:05 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

*gasp!* Curse me for not coming to this subforum more often. Eddie, welcome back, hope you enjoy your return. Rach, it looks like you're bound to have fun with your infrequent visits, just like Jaime did when he taunted me here. Are you all still on TSR?

:
I'm not sure how many OWF veterans came crawling back after The Glass Asylum shut down. . . Maybe I'm the only one.
I came crawling back a long time before TGA shut down, and I owe Xav for that.

11-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

"Are you all still on TSR? "

Never went there...never will.

Abe Babe, we cannot change the past...we can only go forward...

Trazu: Ech...now she's going all dragon wisdomish...

*growls and picks Mr. Sledge*

Trazu: ut oh...*runs*

*chases* I TOLD you never to come back into this area you goofy Trandoshan!

12-01-2003, 07:38 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Yep, that is true S'laskia. If nothing else I certainly learnt a life lesson from the whole situation. Which is always a positive to come out of a negative.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

12-03-2003, 01:42 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

Yeah, unfortunately it's a lesson I've had to learn many times.

Oh well, what happened on OWF a while back was something that stopped mattering a while back, and I put that incident behind me at around the same time. Like Rach said we can only move foward. . . Let us all be friends again, and quoting a certain someone, gather once more under the flag of OWF.

(BTW, Like my new sig? )
- DH

12-03-2003, 03:38 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

I do like that sig. It was the first thing that caught my eye even before I read your post. I tried something like that a while back for my sig and I was going to put ODDGUY in the news screens, but it looked really bad. Sig creating just doesn't work for me unfortunately.

-oddguy

12-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

:
Originally posted by oddguy
I do like that sig. It was the first thing that caught my eye even before I read your post. I tried something like that a while back for my sig and I was going to put ODDGUY in the news screens, but it looked really bad. Sig creating just doesn't work for me unfortunately.

-oddguy
Who needs to create sigs when you can just steal them from other people mauhahaha.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

12-04-2003, 01:28 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Good idea. I'd take yours now, if it wasn't full of so much scrolling crap... Darn you and your cruddy sig! When I make a sig for myself again, I should calculate the percentage of how much better mine is than yours like I did to Alcars a long time ago.

The formula forhow much better my sig is:
113.836%- Me having no sig.
+.795% per word up to 12 letters long added
+1.397% per word over 12 letters long added
+79.48732% per banner in sig
Giver or take some dividing, multiplying, random addition/subtraction, etc.... until a number looks right.
12-04-2003, 05:53 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Sl'askia
"Are you all still on TSR? "

Never went there...never will.

Abe Babe, we cannot change the past...we can only go forward...

Trazu: Ech...now she's going all dragon wisdomish...

*growls and picks Mr. Sledge*

Trazu: ut oh...*runs*

*chases* I TOLD you never to come back into this area you goofy Trandoshan!
Oh fuck, another schizo.

12-04-2003, 06:38 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Actually, Rachael just likes to carry her fanfic characters along within her posts. You can judge for yourself based on her past posts on her contribution to the forums of past.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

12-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Thank you Peter.

What Peter said...I just like to roleplay my fic characters whenever I can.

It's not being schizo...it's called being a roleplayer.

Spider: A cruel one...to say the least...

*blinks in surprise* Now where did you come from...you hadn't bothered me in months!

Spider: I was born here remember? If I was to come back at all this would be the place...as long a certain short arse doesn't upstage me...

Trazu: *fumes* Now just who are you calling short!?

Spider: *sticks his snout in Trazu's face* You...short arse.

Trazu: Why...you...little...*draws his sword*

Oh boy...um...escuse me...*rushes off to get something to stop those two to prevent a big mess*