Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

Old 07-17-2021, 06:21 AM
Riot Slug

Oddipus managed to get out of the cave… Wow, so impressive (38)
Mad I HATE soulstorm

I need to blow of some steam!

I almost threw my controller through my TV just now. Playing the 'loading crane' is absolute horror! Since when is Abe an action hero! The one that designed this level completely ruined Oddworld for me. I HATE IT. Double jump? To go from hanging position to a platform right above you. Total nonsense. An achievement for throwing grenades like hell while dodging all the time? With clunky controls? I HATE IT. Just used up your Shrykull power a tad too early? Maybe you want to replay the entire level. I HATE IT. Abe used to outwit his enemies. But what happened to stealth? Hiding in a locker? Yeah right. Stupid crafting system takes all the flow out of the game, especially when the give a sh*tload of items AFTER a save point. Let's craft it a hundred times again. I HATE IT. And that is just the rant about 1 level, but there are a lot other frustrating moments passed. I'm not even calm enough to write proper English I fear. Pfff. I really hate it.

Old 07-19-2021, 09:03 PM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)

I suspect they were so confident that their ideas were great that they didn't bother playing the game before releasing it.

Old 07-20-2021, 12:58 AM
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (938)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (938)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (938)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (938)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (938)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (938)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (938)Oddey didn't even know they have a destiny (938)

You hate SoulStorm, but you have it easy; I hate Oddworld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Old 07-21-2021, 09:17 AM
Posts walls of text

Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)Manco must be Chuck Norris or something (13838)

I dunno, I think hate seems like a pretty strong reaction. I've not personally played Soulstorm myself yet, but having watched pretty much an entire casual playthrough it doesn't seem like a game that's going in a direction I personally care for. I can see why they've changed what they've changed, but it doesn't feel like the sequel I wanted.

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)

Old 07-24-2021, 03:24 AM
Chippunk

Syzoth does more than run, jump, roll, and flip around like a fish (64)

That blue bastard and his double jumps

Old 07-24-2021, 06:55 AM
Outlaw Shooter

Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (963)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (963)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (963)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (963)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (963)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (963)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (963)Alf Shall Rise didn't even know they have a destiny (963)

i kinda liked it
Old 07-24-2021, 09:46 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manco View Post
I dunno, I think hate seems like a pretty strong reaction. I've not personally played Soulstorm myself yet, but having watched pretty much an entire casual playthrough it doesn't seem like a game that's going in a direction I personally care for. I can see why they've changed what they've changed, but it doesn't feel like the sequel I wanted.
The issue for me isn't what they changed. A lot of the mechanics could work well if they were tuned and balanced right. The problem is that the levels seem too trial-and-errory rather than making you feel smart by solving a puzzle. And you have to do certain bits over and over again; it becomes a game of repeating every move perfectly while hoping that the random number generator pushes the enemies around in just the right timing that you can get through. And then you do that again, and again, because the levels are long and repetitive. It just isn't... fun.

Oh and it's okay that the dialogue is unintelligible due to poor sound mixing because it's also unnecessary because they're usually describing what's immediately in front of you on the screen. And then they repeat it three times.

Old 07-27-2021, 11:33 PM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Shall Rise View Post
i kinda liked it
Me too
Old Today, 06:43 AM
aka OddMan360

RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)

Yeah but you are wojtek and like being contrarian so I do not believe you justice for NNT