01-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)
Question Official Halo/Halo 2 Thread.

right, now we have a thread that can last till...halo 2.

all the best info sites:

halo.bungie.org
halo.bungie.net
battleground halo = they also have a good forums.
red vs blue

trailers, ect:
halo 2 trailer
E3 game play vid
X03 game play vid

What we know is in the game....

-Aim and fire entire space stations.
-Battle on Covenant home world
-Battle on Earth
-Battle in forerunner facility
-Battle on Moon, less gravity so you can jump high
-Battle Rifle is more accurate, more powerful,scope, slower rate of fire than the original Assault Rifle
-Black Elites carry Plasma Swords
-Can have 2 different ONE HANDED weapons out at same time (Ie. 1 Plasma Pistol, 1 Smg)
-Choose different characters in multiplayer
-Destroy Covenant Dropships
-Elites have new guns
-Enemies will have Snipers
-Explosive scenery more realistic than the Red Factions
-Flood are back
-Flying vehicles in multiplayer
-Ghosts fire faster: twice the stunning power
-Ghosts move slower: more control, better aim
-Gold Plasma Rifle
-Grenades stun
-Grunts can drive ghost now
-Human Pistol more powerful, but no scope
-Improved AI
-Latch on to ledges or cliffs
-Marines drive vehicles
-Mc has the ability to put his guns away and run faster
-Mc can jump on some vehicles if they are moving slow enough
-Mc can peek around corners
-Mc gets a sword
-Mc can do combo melee attacks
-New Covenant dropship-Phantom
-New Covenant gun, unknown as to what it is
-New Covenant transport-Creep
-New enemy-Brute
-New enemy-Prophet
-New gun-Sub Machine Gun (Smg)
-New Halo ring
-New Human turrets
-New vehicle-ATV
-New vehicle-Shadow- like a big ghost, w/ 3 people, big gun in back
-New Warthogs-Jungle/swamp, Snow, Transport
-Pilot Wraith
-Plasma Pistol fires faster
-Turn tables over for cover
-Use big Covenant Siege Tank
-Vehicles take damage
-Warthog types-Normal, Swamp, Transport, Moon/Snow
-Warthog variants-Machine Gun, Cannon/Gauss, Rocket
-Xbox live compatible

Need to confirm that these are in the game...

-A rocket launcher with heat-seeking missiles?
-Battle at the old Halo wreckage???
-Bots in multiplayer???
-Can shoot a one handed weapon while on the ATV???
-Can swap guns with marines???
-Covenant can steal your vehicles???
-Crouch and Prone???
-Dodge/roll???
-Flamethrower???
-Flood will have Snipers???
-Human fighter aircraft???
-Human or Covinant water vessels?
-Monitor Comes Back???
-New Gold Jackels???
-New kind of enemy (not just a smarter flood)???
-New kind of Human soldier (like Air force, Navy, Army etc)???
-Other SPARTAN-II soldiers besides MC?
-Setinals???
-Use fuel rod cannon???
-Xbox Live guests???

pictures: (there are tons, so i've only put in a few. Feel free at add more)

NO MORE HALO THREADS!

Last edited by Fez; 01-18-2004 at 01:11 AM..
01-18-2004, 12:55 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Majic/DI/Peter/Kristen Would you please edit the title to include [56k unfriendly]

Abe Babe: As requested ... and I have no idea what prompted me to look at this topic.
01-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

Fez  (22)

lol. Its true and all...

01-18-2004, 01:44 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

I'm almost sure I can confirm that the Monitor is in the game...
... you non-appreciative people who dont...
...um...
...appreciate the people in the credits.
What else do I have to do, shout "Hint!"?

Last edited by Seargentbig; 01-18-2004 at 01:48 AM..
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Hmm. Sorry about the tripple post, The computer made another one every time I pressed the space bar.

Last edited by Seargentbig; 01-18-2004 at 01:49 AM..
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Once again, sorry,

Last edited by Seargentbig; 01-18-2004 at 01:50 AM..
01-18-2004, 04:57 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

There will be more Spartan II's in Halo 2, atleast if nothing else happens between the end of Halo:First Strike, and Halo 2. In the third book, titled First Strike, Master Chief meets up with the other Spartans Kelly, Linda, and like five or less. I won't say too much but it does look like they will be in Halo 2.

Also, another "Halo" is figured to make an appearance in Halo 2. Just like a return of the flood, etc. Theres a few other things that I'm trying to remember that you forgot to mention in your list, but its nothing totally important.

According to the book I think they survived by being in a bunker deep beneath the surface of Reach.
01-18-2004, 05:06 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

:
There will be more Spartan II's in Halo 2, atleast if nothing else happens between the end of Halo:First Strike, and Halo 2. In the third book, titled First Strike, Master Chief meets up with the other Spartans Kelly, Linda, and like five or less. I won't say too much but it does look like they will be in Halo 2.

Also, another "Halo" is figured to make an appearance in Halo 2. Just like a return of the flood, etc. Theres a few other things that I'm trying to remember that you forgot to mention in your list, but its nothing totally important.

According to the book I think they survived by being in a bunker deep beneath the surface of Reach.
I do think that the addition of more Spartans seems very clichéd, and predictable, as with all 'You are the last of your kind....' type plots.
01-18-2004, 06:29 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

Fez  (22)

i'd like to have zero G fights on the remnants of the old halo.

01-18-2004, 07:16 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

Hmm, I wonder if all those things are officially confirmed...
- And you're still a dick.

01-18-2004, 07:34 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

The graphics (judging from the screenshots) look very Doom III, and not as impressive as the shots for Half Life 2, but still pretty nifty.

But I'm really pumped up for the Covies vs. Humans battles on Live. Nothing like getting your ass kicked like a 7 year-old kid.

I heard Halo 2 is going to be pushed back until June. Anyone know if this is true? It's not such a big problem, I guess; at least we know they're perfecting the game. Huzzah!
01-18-2004, 07:42 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

:
I heard Halo 2 is going to be pushed back until June. Anyone know if this is true? It's not such a big problem, I guess; at least we know they're perfecting the game. Huzzah!
They have released no release date so we shall never know, until it suddenly appears on shelves of GAME and EB everywhere
01-18-2004, 08:16 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

Fez  (22)

i'm hearing April, but hobos more right. They'll probably suddenly release it.

01-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

Yeah, I got the same message on a dutch gamesite (which sells games at a reduced price), it also said April...
- And you're still a dick.

01-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

According to my sources it should be out by March 3rd otherwise it will be April if delayed again.
01-19-2004, 08:26 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

Fez  (22)

everyones saying April 3/4th. I dont know what to believe...

new stuffs. Silenced SMG, nice.

halo 2 round up part 1

01-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Best thing to do Ferill is not to believe anything that isnt from Bungie. They have a history of not saying the release date until they are ready to come out with their game and this time around they can take as long as they want and not rush to meet a deadline. So until Bungie sets a date in stone, take any other release date people say as a guess or bull $#@$.
01-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

: Jul 2003
: 127.0.0.1
: 1,670
Codek  (10)

:
-Battle Rifle is more accurate, more powerful,scope, slower rate of fire than the original Assault Rifle
-Black Elites carry Plasma Swords
-Enemies will have Snipers
-Flood are back
-Ghosts fire faster: twice the stunning power
-Ghosts move slower: more control, better aim
-Grenades stun
-Grunts can drive ghost now
-Human Pistol more powerful, but no scope
-Mc can do combo melee attacks

Since I am the HALO master, I have THE ultimate license to scrutinise on this.

The above quotes are everything that will be crap about the next game. The rest of it is good.

Oh and by the way:

That's the Wraith. Or Mortar Tank as cortana calls it. They suck bigtime and are easy to kill.

Let me just run over the issues for you. (in a big pink cadillac)

-Battle Rifle is more accurate, more powerful,scope, slower rate of fire than the original Assault Rifle (How lame. The Assault rifle was just perfect in the first HALO)
-Black Elites carry Plasma Swords (Those Plasma Swords piss me off, there were enough of them as it was in the first game, we don't need MORE)
-Enemies will have Snipers (This too will prove to be annoying. Campers in multiplayer is ultra annoying, but having another type of sniper rifle, along with AI snipers will be gay, as they will almost certainly be deadly accurate.)
-Flood are back (No, no they are not. MC blew them all up. Way to neglect continuity Bungee)
-Ghosts fire faster: twice the stunning power (that too, sucks, they are already far too powerful)
-Ghosts move slower: more control, better aim (since I use the ghost as a fast land speeder, this hits me particularly hard.)
-Grenades stun (This too is annoying, it now means that if you dont get hit by a grenade, you will be stunned, giving you absolutely no chance of escaping)
-Grunts can drive ghost now (This will cause big fleets of ghosts being driven by grunts that constantly run you and your fellow men over)
-Human Pistol more powerful, but no scope (the scope was cool, and the weapon was already overpowered. What a gay addition)
-Mc can do combo melee attacks (Ugh, I smell button smacking. Motal combat suffered from the same combo melee bullcrap, and now HALO?)
01-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Im pretty sure Bungie is still including the old Assault Rifle, along with all the weapons from Halo. Whether its just in multiplayer or single player or both, is not known yet.

Hopefully the next report from halo.bungie.org will be in soon about his time at bungie studios.

Edit: about the flood Death, in the first game the Monitor (343 Guilty Spark) mentioned that the Halo MC was on was installation something something...basically it was the alpha halo. So there are other rings out there that also contain and study the flood. The monitor was assigned by the forerunners to watch after the alpha Halo.

Plus it mentioned somewhere else that the Covenant had a previous history with them, dating back a long time.

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 01-19-2004 at 06:54 PM..
01-20-2004, 04:20 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
Edit: about the flood Death, in the first game the Monitor (343 Guilty Spark) mentioned that the Halo MC was on was installation something something...basically it was the alpha halo. So there are other rings out there that also contain and study the flood. The monitor was assigned by the forerunners to watch after the alpha Halo.

Plus it mentioned somewhere else that the Covenant had a previous history with them, dating back a long time.
I know that. The thing is, the flood are stuck on those HALOs. They should be "back", so to speak.

The Covenant were created by the Forerunners. The Covenant means "The Agreement". The Forerunners brought the four or five races of the Covenant together, and made them agree to fight for one cause, in return giving them their technology.

But that's about all I know of the Covenants dealings with the Forerunners.
01-20-2004, 05:02 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

:

-Mc can do combo melee attacks (Ugh, I smell button smacking. Motal combat suffered from the same combo melee bullcrap, and now HALO?)
It';ll be a simple B-B-B tap. nothing else, except possibly if we get control of the Plasma Sword.
:

That's the Wraith. Or Mortar Tank as cortana calls it. They suck bigtime and are easy to kill.
Actually, It refers to the big artiallry type things in the E3 video. I don't believe that we will get a chance to get in them, as the whole thing sprang up from someone saying 'Wouldn't it be cool if we could use them' and people took it as truth.

:
-Human Pistol more powerful, but no scope (the scope was cool, and the weapon was already overpowered. What a gay addition)

-Battle Rifle is more accurate, more powerful,scope, slower rate of fire than the original Assault Rifle (How lame. The Assault rifle was just perfect in the first HALO)
First off the battle rifle is a replacement for the pistol. It will not be coming back full stop. the more powerful thing was yet another 'Wouldn't it be cool if...' By some n00b.
01-20-2004, 05:10 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
Actually, It refers to the big artiallry type things in the E3 video. I don't believe that we will get a chance to get in them, as the whole thing sprang up from someone saying 'Wouldn't it be cool if we could use them' and people took it as truth.
ACTUALLY, the "seige tank" is the Wraith.

Covenant Vehicles:

Ghost. (fast attack)
Banshee. (attack aircraft)
Wraith. (heavy mortar tank)
Dropship. (Troop carrying dropship)

Human Vehicles:

Warthog. (fast attack land transport)
Tank. (Heavy support)
Pelican. (Troop carrying dropship)
Piller Of Autumn. (frigate)
01-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

:
ACTUALLY, the "seige tank" is the Wraith.
In the thread that ferill nicked it from there were lots of questions about what this meant and the list creator claimed that he was reffering to big artillary type tower things in the E3 video. The Wraith's will also be drivable apparently, but I don't think they were in the E3 video.
01-20-2004, 05:18 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
In the thread that ferill nicked it from there were lots of questions about what this meant and the list creator claimed that he was reffering to big artillary type tower things in the E3 video. The Wraith's will also be drivable apparently, but I don't think they were in the E3 video.
There are no other seige tanks. E3 is a shite convention, because it spawns all this weird erroneous crap that's usually about 50 miles from the truth.
01-20-2004, 05:23 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

:
There are no other seige tanks. E3 is a shite convention, because it spawns all this weird erroneous crap that's usually about 50 miles from the truth.
It isn't actually a siege tank as such, some n00b dubbed it that because they thought it had wheels. It is actually a stationary cannon type thing, Sorry I should have explained that earlier.
01-20-2004, 05:28 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
It isn't actually a siege tank as such, some n00b dubbed it that because they thought it had wheels. It is actually a stationary cannon type thing, Sorry I should have explained that earlier.
Oh. I think I know what you mean now.

That new sentry thing that instead of having the original gun it has the gun from the wraith?

Yeah I know what you mean now.
01-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Im hoping that the "siege" tower could be used in a multiplayer situation, like having one of the teams in the cannon guarding it as the covenant and raining fire down upon the sprawling city. Then the group of spartans are dropped off (the other player team) and have to try and make there way past maybe some npcs of grunts and other covenant, to finally get to the place to radio in for an airstrike, or take over the stationary tower themselves.

Its just a random thought though.
01-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
Im hoping that the "siege" tower could be used in a multiplayer situation, like having one of the teams in the cannon guarding it as the covenant and raining fire down upon the sprawling city. Then the group of spartans are dropped off (the other player team) and have to try and make there way past maybe some npcs of grunts and other covenant, to finally get to the place to radio in for an airstrike, or take over the stationary tower themselves.

Its just a random thought though.
I think you'll find that it's not a tower. It's a gun turret, like the covenant one in the first game.
01-20-2004, 12:52 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

:
I think you'll find that it's not a tower. It's a gun turret, like the covenant one in the first game.

No, dont get me wrong, I know that its just a much larger and more powerful, definately more destructive version of the original shade. But I just call it a tower for description purposes.
01-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
No, dont get me wrong, I know that its just a much larger and more powerful, definately more destructive version of the original shade. But I just call it a tower for description purposes.
Well it would be more descriptive and far less misleading if you referred to it with the correct terminology.

Brain giving breakfast a miss this morning is it?