02-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Slig75
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2009
: In the mists of time
: 255
Slig75  (20)

:
OOC: Welcome to all of ya new guys. I'd like to see your progress and how well ya can do in an RPG!

Slig75, not to jump on ya or anything, but your saying Admeet is in bed now. Are you saying the day is almost over already? Because it's still morning! An RPG takes course similair to any regular day, ya can't say your character is just standing there then 10 hours pass by all in one post. 10 hours would roughly take MANY posts to achieve. A single post mostly takes up a few minutes. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your post, and I'm sorry for that. But I'm just trying to get this thing straightened up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLY: Slig75
okay, i'm just not familiar with the rpg timing, i'm only a begginer at all this stuff, that was my first post in this rpg. the next time i will post, i'll be more careful on time.

Also, Check out my Youtube account http://www.youtube.com/user/Admeet75

Last edited by Slig75; 02-23-2009 at 11:32 AM..
03-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

Well, is anyone here still alive ? Kinda dead these days :/

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Sorry for my absense. I've had a very busy few weeks and I've got no writing of any sort done in that time. However, my muse seems to have been restored today, so let's begin...

(or continue)

(indeed.)

IC:
Krik glared at the machine. "Well I'm glad you've finally worked that out," And then he glared at Dek, "I was never employed by this factory. My job is to inspect its progress and watch Dionysia. And if you don't mind, I have a report to make." And with a sharp elbow jab or two (or three) he left the lab and headed towards the train station.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dionysia was sitting on a crate, looking sour. "I don't know where the stupid mud is. Maybe you should go and find it. You're supposed to be the big, important guard, in charge of the whole situation," She replied sarcastically.
If he made her walk out of that door, she wouldn't be coming back for a long time.

"Disciplinary action?! For what, being afraid? Since when does that need discipline? Is that what they do to sligs when they're scared, smack 'em round the head? No wonder so many of you are messed up!"
Skullik loomed over her and Jim before she could say any more and awked her how Jim was, "He's ok. It's not too bad," Then she raised her voice a little so Gewehr would hear clearly, "But he'd be better if he didn't have to be around that stupid slig!"

ooc: OddYouko hasn't posted here in ages so I don't know if Roy's going to be around, which could be awkward for Arthur and Dionysia. I'll PM OddYouko no and see what she says.

03-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Carlson's Raider
Zappfly

: Helsinki
: 9
Carlson's Raider  (10)

ooc: Im not dead yet, just waiting for you to post actually. But where should my characters actually go now? To the cafeteria?
03-03-2009, 03:55 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

IC: Borso is feeling bored already, he looks at a newspaper, shrugs and then looks at the corridor in front of him. Borso heads towards the cafeteria for a break. He stretches his legs and does a quick sprint.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 03-03-2009 at 08:38 AM..
03-03-2009, 04:11 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

: Apr 2008
: Mudos
: 239
Chronicler  (79)

OOC: Alex, could ya please add more description to your posts? Look at the posts that the others have made here. Read the first or second pages, get an idea on how everybody else are (and aren't) doing things correctly. That's a way to see how you may improve your RPG type skills.
03-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Carlson's Raider
Zappfly

Carlson's Raider  (10)

Zen meets up in the hallway with cog: "Maybe we should go to the cafeteria and check if the boss is there because we really haven't met any officials yet?"

"Well... I guess your right. Show me the way"

Cog and Zen walk towards the cafeteria chit-chatting on the way. When they reach the Cafeteria Cog sees Borso sitting inside: "helloys again mate, can we sit at your table while we wait for the boss to come?"
03-03-2009, 07:35 AM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2007
: Arkham Asylum
: 1,231
OddYouko  (166)OddYouko  (166)

OOC: I'm so sorry for not posting in a while Splat. Plz forgive me. ;__;

IC: Corky looked at #7 Slig. "You there..." meaning Corky. "...you'll be patrolling the ground floor hallways. With your Slog, I guess." He then looked at Phats with an evil grin behind his mask. "Alrighty! Thanks!" He motioned for Phats to follow as he ran out the Cafeteria. Phats barked and ran after his master just as happy as he was.
-----------------
A couple minutes later Roy ran out of the Cafeteria. Now knowing what he was signed up to do he just needed to get there and work. 'I'm so screwed!' Roy's mind was running as fast as he was now and it made it very difficult to think straight. He needed to get to the warehouse and find Arthur or Dionysia. He ran down the corridor and made it into the warehouse. Once inside he tripped and fall right on his face.

OOC: *fail* o___o;
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016

03-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: No offense Chronicler, but Splat actually said on the previous page that not all posts need to be very long and detailed. Sure, three word posts are pretty pointless, but there's no point adding useless details just to fill a post.

I would say, though, even though it's probably a bit late to say it now, as Splat said Borso has only just arrived so he can't know what areas are busy or who anyone else is, so he certainly wouldn't be able to just allocate jobs out to new arrivals.

The other thing is just, remember you can't control other people's characters. Like, if he asks for the new people's names, he can't know what their names are unless they tell him. Names are no big thing, but it can annoy people, like say if someone had a character who was keeping their name a secret or something like that. It pays to keep your character ignorant of anything about other people's characters unless other characters tell yours.

Sorry if that sounds like a bit of a lecture, I just noticed that hadn't been mentioned yet.

Anyway, I need Moosh da Outlaw to post here! Or Ralph is going to be very very lonely

Hembar is waiting on Dripik.

03-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Slig75
Sniper Wasp

Slig75  (20)

IC:Admeet is back.

Admeet waited anxiously for his local newspaper newspaper. he thought of going down to the grinding area to start his shift.

03-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Since when did he have a shift? He's never met another employeeof the factory; he's not emplyed yet, he does not have a shift.

I suggest you try starting again from the beginning. As in, with your character arriving at Rupture Farms.

03-06-2009, 05:33 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

OOC: I think the main problem with the RPG is that it is difficult for newbies to know how to organize their first post and what to do in order to be allocated shifts/jobs etc. When I first came here there wasn't a lot I could do beside read a few other posts and try and fit in.

It's hard to know who the authority figures are here, as well as more complex matters such as conversations/meetings with other characters.

Either way I'm glad to be here and thank the friendly staff for all their support.

[B]
floofyderg.live

03-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: Sorry for my absence. Not too much has happened anyway.
Silph is waiting for Golig (stonetooth's character) to do something.

IC: If Slash had eyebrows, he would have raised one at the robot's remark. It had fairly sophisticated AI. Maybe it could even think to the degree to try to save itself from a troubled situation, where the majority of the lab had turned on it for interrupting their situation. The dark Mudokon and one of the Vykkers left. He waited to see the outcome of the situation. He yawned absentmindedly, impatient to find a magnetic material, considering this disturbance silly. He slowly drifted towards the door.

EDIT: I thought Dionysia was, Splat, or have I made an error?
Hard to keep track of the names, and varied appearances.

EDIT2: Well that was silly.

Last edited by Zerox; 03-07-2009 at 06:14 AM..
03-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Splat

IC: There are two dark female mudokons now?

03-20-2009, 04:19 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----IC-----

SU-01 looked at #7 Slig.

"If you don't need me anymore, I request the permission to leave the area and return to the cafeteria."

"I have to talk to the Executive as soon as possible..."he thoughts.

03-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Splat

ooc: Anni and Jim are waiting for Chronicler and Venks.

IC:
Just as things between Arthur and Dionysia were gettig interesting (or at the very least, loud), Roy ran in, tripped over his feet and landed prostrate on the ground.
"Finally woke up, did you?" Dionysia asked him scathingly. "'Bout time you got to work, isn't it. I expect they'll want some of the meet in there loaded into the machinery," She gestured to a door and gave Roy a glare that quite clearly said 'so you better get on with it'.

Krik had reached the station and soon after his train arrived. It was small and ugly, a little shabby on the inside, but it was the best he could expect these days.
Oh, but how that was going to change! As soon as he had boarded and the train had pulled away, he pulled out the papers he had found in Dek's coat and inspected them again. There could be no doubt about what this was!
Many years ago (what was it now, twenty? Thirty?) he had worked on a project to create a fertile female mudokon, for egg-producing purposes, but when the Cartel had found Queen Sam hidden away in the wild, they had put his work to an end. A friend had brought the research from him to use it for his own purposes, decidedly secret from the Magog Cartel.
It had to be almost twenty years since he had spoken to Emlech, the vykker who had bought his research. And now here was the fruits of his labours, this mudokon... 'Anni' was the name given on Dek's report (though why he had put the mudokons actual name was beyond Krik). There could be no doubt that this creature was built using his plans! The signs of his work were as recognisable to him as a self-portrait to the artist who painted it! Well, he would look forward to inspecting her, but first he planned to renew his old aquaintance with Emlech. He wanted to know everything about his old friend's work on her!
It seemed that things were getting interesting again.

ooc: Readers of my story in FC will know Emlech; plot = thickening.

Last edited by Splat; 03-20-2009 at 10:25 AM..
03-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC:-----

Now this is getting interesting... What happen when a Fanfic meet an RPG...

I loved that story BTW.

03-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

: Apr 2008
: Mudos
: 239
Chronicler  (79)

OOC: Uggs is still waiting on Dripik.

IC: Skullik watched in little beguilement as Anni yelled at Gewehr with a boiled-up anger. The big Outlaw looked back at the slig with a mean low growl. He turned back around to face the two puny mudokons. Skullik thought to himself while staring at them. Was all this yelling truly to end a fight? Jim doesn't seem all that fine, and miss mudokon over here is getting to be pissy. The large beast crouched down so his eyes were just above Anni's own eye level. For the first time since before the big house, Skullik took his metal visor off. He reveals two tiny red eyes, not as sinister looking as the large fiery glows that projected off of his face when his visor's on. The Outlaw whispered to Anni. "Girl. I-I-I reckon ya oughta ... oughtga 'pol-pologize to mi-mister Gewehr over there." Skullik said with a deep forceful order. "Slig's gonna n-need that 'pology. If'n ya wa-want ... want yer fr-friend cured of his injury least ways."
03-22-2009, 08:37 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

IC: Borso reaches the cafeteria. He approaches a vending machine and presses a button. A Scrab Cake falls from the machine. Borso picks it up and eats it. He heads for the nearest Soda machine for some Brew.

[B]
floofyderg.live

03-23-2009, 11:49 AM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2007
: Arkham Asylum
: 1,231
OddYouko  (166)OddYouko  (166)

IC: Roy slowly got to his feet then softly spoke. "Yes...I'm very sorry about that..." He rubbed the back of his head and was thankful he didn't get into to much trouble. A bit surprised Roy looked at the door Dionysia gestured to. He didn't dare look her in the eyes so he quickly dusted off and ran towards the door. "Yes meat! Right away!" He got straight to work and was very careful not to mess anything up.
--------
Walking around the halls like an idiot Corky with Phats by his side patrolled the ground floor like he was a signed too. "This is so awesome!" Corky laughed. He pointed his gun around as if he was a big bad butt kicking BigBro Slig. "Now if only a Mud would walk by..." He stopped and stood against the wall. Phats sniffed but coninued walking a little farther down the corridor.
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016

Last edited by OddYouko; 03-23-2009 at 11:57 AM..
03-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Slig75
Sniper Wasp

Slig75  (20)

:
ooc: Since when did he have a shift? He's never met another employeeof the factory; he's not emplyed yet, he does not have a shift.

I suggest you try starting again from the beginning. As in, with your character arriving at Rupture Farms.
So how do i get employed then?

03-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

The head of the factory (Arnie) is currently on a meeting at the cafeteria, assigning new roles to everyone. ou should go there, introduce yourself and ask for a job.

03-27-2009, 06:15 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

IC: Borso looks around for someone called Arnie. He yells out to people for help but they are busy eating their food. "Darn". He walks around for a while looking for Arnie.

"Arnie, where are ya?"

[B]
floofyderg.live

03-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Slig75
Sniper Wasp

Slig75  (20)

IC:
Admeet asked around for someone called Arnie, the others told him to go to the cafeteria, he followed the signs to the cafeteria, there in the cafeteria was Arnie giving out new assignments to the other workers. he walked over to them and waited for his turn.

when his turn came up, he introduced himself. "My name is Admeet, i am a slig and i am 9 odd years old, I used to work as a guard at the necrum mines but security there wasn't that tight enough, I transfered myself here because i thought i would be much more safer here and i could be made a efficient part of rupture farms , so i'd like to apply for a job in any department".

03-28-2009, 07:21 AM
Carlson's Raider
Zappfly

Carlson's Raider  (10)

Cog and Zen also walked into the cafeteria and stepped to the line.

When their turn came, they stepped up and shaked introduced themselves to Arnie: "My name's Zen and hes Cog. We used to work for Magog Motors, but we had to escape from there, so we decided to come here for work and we are ready to start whenever you like boss!"

Last edited by Carlson's Raider; 03-28-2009 at 07:24 AM..
04-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Venks
Clakker Store Clerk

: Dec 2005
: VA
: 759
Venks  (128)Venks  (128)

Gewehr looked around at the whole situation. None of it was really helping him progress to getting his goals accomplished. Perhaps there were other Mudokons in this facility that actually worked. He made a mental effort, for a Slig that is the hardest type of effort, to talk to the boss about this. The northern Slig not sure what else to do decided it was time to resort to drastic measures... work himself.
He reached a hand into his mechanical pants to look for his cleaning supplies. He always worked his hardest to make sure his pants gleamed. Discarding a black dripping towel Gewehr chose a cleaner looking one and turned it towards the maltreated machinery in the room. The Slig sprayed on some rust remover and started scrubbing to make the place look better.
Gewehr's feelers started to pull back and twist a little, the Slig facial expression for embarrassment. What would the other Sligs think if they saw him doing this? How would he explain himself?
04-05-2009, 11:35 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

IC: Borso frantically looked around, he spotted a sign nearby and walked up to a nearby Slig (Admeet). "Oh, hey there. You're new as well? It might be good if we stuck together for a while", he smiled and handed a cig to Admeet.

"Yo, Arnie. I used to work in SoulStorm Brewery but I got a bit bored there. I've got experience with rifles, flying pants and I'm not bad with a revolver either. Here's somethin' to seal the deal". He handed Arnie a very elegant cigar, probably used for special occasions. He smiled and eagerly awaited Arnie's response.

[B]
floofyderg.live

04-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Slig75
Sniper Wasp

Slig75  (20)

"Thanks, i agree that we should stick together for a while". Admeet lit the cigar with a lighter from one of his leg pockets. "nice to meet you (Borso), hope to see you around". he gave a puff from the cigar and began his speech towards Arnie.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought i might add some thing between AlexFili's post and my post.

04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Odd Ryan
Zappfly

: Mar 2009
: Nex door to abe
: 15
Odd Ryan  (1)

OOC:
ummm how can i jion i have posted proflie so what do i do i know im a little late

04-08-2009, 11:05 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

OOC: You have to talk to the Glukkon in charge, Arnie. Not sure if he's around... but its a good place to start. Try and meet up with some characters and get a conversation going.

[B]
floofyderg.live