Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

03-21-2010, 02:34 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

OOC: My W@RF character isn't red. Here is my official description;
"Borso is very much, a typically working slig. He has slightly paler skin then normal, and his tentacles are longer than usual. He is slightly shorter than the typical slig, but is otherwise has a normal body type."

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

03-21-2010, 03:39 AM
enchilado
I don't even know!

: Nov 2009
: Brisbane, Australia
: 2,749
enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)

[-- ooc --]

My W@RF Slig is totally normal. And my Mudokon is a good mechanic - which reminds me, I should post IC!

[-- Tok --]

Borso threw his arms around Tok, who stiffened as he always did when someone touched him. "Heh, yeh, you too," said Tok, as brightly as he could.

Flad and Borso started moving along the corridor, and Tok followed them at a small distance. They came to a room, and the two Sligs climbed into bunks - Tok realised it was night, although he didn't let it surprise him, and also that there were only two bunks in the room.

He decided that in that case he would stay up all night, and went over to a small desk. Chugging quietly in front of it for a minute, he tried not to think of the terrorist, then told himself he was neglecting his factory, and made himself think of it. Everything was rather foggy now, and he thought to himself that it had probably all been a dream.

Then he was asleep.

[-- Erp --]

Erp followed Dbreak and Slen into the lab, gazing at the machines there in awe. How could anyone make such amazing things? Look at the knobs! Look at the dials! Look at the colours of those lights!
03-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

: Mar 2010
: UK
: 24
Crescent  (25)

Okay fair do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 weeks and a lot of hard work later
Mindy finally got the promotion she needed to leave,
After impressing a visiting Jr Glukkon from Rupture farms,
On his way to leave, the gears got jammed up, grounding the ship
Mindy curious by the ranting and raving from the Glukkon
She wandered out of the corridors the Glukkon hearing the mechcanel foot steps turned sharply-"Oi you!"

Mindy pointing at herself- "Yes sir?"

Glukkon- “Find a mechanic the ships busted!"

Mindy shrugged calmly-" No need I'm a mechanic"

Glukkon flabbergasted " Your joking a Slig?!"

Mindy “yes I'm but I have read books about machines,
So please let me try unless you wish to stay here sir?"

The Glukkon grumbled in defeat- “Oh go on then but dare make it any worse and you've had it!"

The ivory Slig rushed off to fetch her tools, in less then 15 minutes the ship's engine purred to life.

Mindy came out of the ship looking oily wiping her face with an old rag- "Done sir"

Glukkon- "I say, sweet! Hey you interested in a promotion? My boss at Rupture Farms could do with a female Slig and with smarts like you"

Mindy's eyes lit up- "That be ace but... " *she slumped slightly* "no way the Vykkers boss would let thy leave and I have a tracking tag that only they can get off me"

The Glukkon grinned slyly- “Then they need convincing"
Some time later the Glukkon stood behind the Vykkers boss nervously signing over Mindy to work at Rupture Farms after the Jr Glukkon's 2 big bro sligs beat the stuffing out of the boss Vykkers and his assistant.
His claw quivering while writing with the feathered pen- "There done! Now can you get out please! "
Jr Glukkon- “You forgot to take the tracking bangle off of her so do it!"
*Big bro sligs cracked their knuckles. Not a moment afterwards Mindy was yanked by the Vykker taking the key out of his lab coat the bangle clanged on to the ground.*
Mindy rubbed her wrist suppressing her self from jumping for joy- " Th-thank you sir"

Jr Glukkon- “Cute ... and nahs it was an amusing afternoon. Name's Boyce, if you have any belongs pack up were leaving in 5 minutes".

Mindy felt her heart race with joy she was free at last as she stormed down the coriander to her living quarters.

3 minutes later she took one last look at her room before lifting a floor tile under her bed
Taking out a silver bangle (made from scrap silver from the junk yards) with a small red polished stone square the only thing she had of her past.
When Mindy was first brought to the Vykkers they took it from her but she stole it back and hid it till she was free.
Grabbing her duffle bag with her tools, blanket and hammock closing the vault door for the last time.

Dusk came as she watched from the ship's deck the lab vanishing into the distance.

Feeling happy she danced a little to her music-bolt (Lol oddworld from of an i-pod only it looks a steam punk thing)
About an hour later one of the big bro Sligs tapped her on the shoulder. Blushing she quickly took the head phones off. "Whaddya want?"
Big bro - " you plan to dance on all night were here”

Mindy- "where? I don't see no place"

Big bro slig- “star board view twit" * points his thumb over his shoulder wandering off*

Mindy shrugged making her way to the star board “Ah so this is the famous Rupture Farms" *standing behind the rail while the ship drifted into the docking area.*

Last edited by Crescent; 03-28-2010 at 05:36 AM..
03-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

Crescent  (25)

:
OOC: My W@RF character isn't red. Here is my official description;
"Borso is very much, a typically working slig. He has slightly paler skin then normal, and his tentacles are longer than usual. He is slightly shorter than the typical slig, but is otherwise has a normal body type."
Ah cool ^^

I look forward
to Borso metting up with Mindy ^^
03-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Three more things (sorry...)
First, Rupture Farms is a loooong way inland (this is according to the official OWI map of Mudos from the art book). Most people come by train.
And second, please don't double-post. when you're acting in character, write 'IC' at the start. Example...

IC:
Jim looked relieved to see Anni and hurried towards her, "Anni!"

ooc: and when you're posting out of character to address another player, put 'ooc' to show this.

And thirdly, while generally NPCs (Non Player Characters, that is characters not owned, controlled and given a profile by a player) aren't allowed in W@RF, it's ok as long as they're outside the factory (or a dumb animal). However, your glukkon said he worked for Arnie (the boss of Rupture Farms). That's slightly more questionable, since I had no idea Arnie employed any glukkon outside of the factory to recruit employees. So that's sort of god modding, meaning controlling another person's character without permission, and that is not at all a good thing.

However, since plenty of people make mistakes when they first join (including me - mine was fairly similar to yours) it'll be ok. Just remember for future

That IC bit I did up there does 'count', but I'll do a proper IC soon; it's after midnight and I can barely keep my eyes open right now...

03-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

Crescent  (25)

:
ooc: Three more things (sorry...)
First, Rupture Farms is a loooong way inland (this is according to the official OWI map of Mudos from the art book). Most people come by train.
And second, please don't double-post. when you're acting in character, write 'IC' at the start. Example...

IC:

ooc: and when you're posting out of character to address another player, put 'ooc' to show this.

And thirdly, while generally NPCs (Non Player Characters, that is characters not owned, controlled and given a profile by a player) aren't allowed in W@RF, it's ok as long as they're outside the factory (or a dumb animal). However, your glukkon said he worked for Arnie (the boss of Rupture Farms). That's slightly more questionable, since I had no idea Arnie employed any glukkon outside of the factory to recruit employees. So that's sort of god modding, meaning controlling another person's character without permission, and that is not at all a good thing.

However, since plenty of people make mistakes when they first join (including me - mine was fairly similar to yours) it'll be ok. Just remember for future

That IC bit I did up there does 'count', but I'll do a proper IC soon; it's after midnight and I can barely keep my eyes open right now...

Ah dear and yes I know Rupture Farms is far away but this Vykker Lab in this rp is an under ground lab based off an unused drawing in the oddworld book.
So This lab not so far as I thought some industral would be dotted about a little. And sorry for messing up -////- as I thought adding a bit off a story in would make things less confusing and Boyce was just a random Glukkon based off the idea of how there where a few in Soul Storm brewery.
03-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

IC:
A train pulled into Rupture Farms' station and two vykkers disembarked.
"It's been a long time since I did any business with this place," Emlech murmured, "Do you know the way to the glukkon's office?"
Krik nodded and pointed a claw, "Through that door and straight down the corridor, on the left somewhere."
Emlech nodded, "I suppose you'll want to go in search of your experiment then."
Krik nodded and glanced over his shoulder.
"Relax," Emlech told him scornfully, no one knows you came with me."
Krik shrugged, "You spend enough time being followed, you get used to watching your back. I'm sick of being watched; I'll be glad when this day is done. Don't tell Arnie I'm here."
"Please. Would I do anything so stupid? Anyway, I'm not going to delay; I need to find Anni as soon as possible and get out of here."
Krik nodded, "Good luck. I'll meet you back here in two hours then?"
"Better make it three."
Krik grinned, "Good; all the more time to enjoy the day's labours."
Emlech rolled his eyes and left the station. He headed down the corridor as instructed until he found himself outside of the boss's office. He knocked on the door and waited.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Krik meanwhile made his way down to the cafeteria, as it tended to be a popular place for loafers, and if Dionysia wasn't there, someone who knew where to find her might be.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Anni looked up from her watering at Jim's shout. She smiled at him, "Hey, is everything ok?"
"Yeah," He replied, "We just wanted to make sure you were ok since you didn't come back to work. What happened with the native?" He tried to smile, hoping the answer wouldn't be along the lines of 'I helped him infiltrate the factory and showed him the way to the main boilers'.
She grinned conspiratorially, "I saw him, and he was getting chased by sligs so I helped him hide in the basement, but a slig saw us together. I don't know if he would recognise me, but I thought I should come back to work so it wouldn't look so suspicious."

ooc: Dionysia is waiting for Uros...
Also, sorry if there's anyone outside Arnie's office I forgot about. I think everyone's moved away, but I've been wrong before.

03-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

Crescent  (25)

How shall Mindy make her enterance?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mindy made her way out of the docking station finding her self at the main loby
"Meep this place is massive where do I go from here?" *glancing round the area *
03-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

@Splat : Where is Anni's garden supposed to be ? Since I'm also outside of the factory and I just light up the outside perimeter with the watchtowers projectors, I could came across you three.

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

03-23-2010, 02:03 AM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

: Dec 2006
: Southeast Asia
: 128
arkaznor  (18)

IC: Ark started to shift uncomfortably, everyone in the room seemed to be ignoring him, and the robot still made him uneasy.

"Well, if you don't need me, I'll just get going than," Ark nervously stated, having enough of the cold security room. If they weren't going to tell him what to do, he would just figure it out. Not to mention the status of his gun worried him.

Pivoting, he stepped out of the room.

While the prime suspect to get information about the whereabouts of his gun, was a certain Mudkokon he had just seen, he did not feel inclined to try to start a conversation along the lines of "Have you seen my gun?" with her; which he suspected wouldn't go over well. So, avoiding the dark female Mudokon with anger problems, he took a different path down to the cafeteria (being the most logical place to start, since that's were he tossed it away), passing by a Vykker that seemed too self-absorbed in thought to notice him as he did so.

Upon reaching the cafeteria, Ark found it largely inactive, with only one figure that stood out in his memory,

"Hey! You're that Vykker that almost, got, me... kil-", the word were out of mouth before he had really remembered the whole experience, having first remember that he had a question to ask this Vykker [Kirk] before nearly being killed.

'Ah, SligSludge'.

OOC: I don't know if it matters that I don't post that often, but there's a reason and I should be able to be more consistent from now on.

Splat, I'll try to make my posts shorter (But it's hard...). I also seem to have a habit of interacting with mostly your characters. I might want look into that...

03-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

: Jan 2010
: Spain-Cantabria-Castro.Urdiale
: 69
Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

***OOC***

Am frigging sorry T_T! Exams, works and *Censored, just because* are driving me a bit more near insanity… well, ok, that is quite impossible since I am already mad as hell… BUT ANYWAYS, I will be more around here after this week ends (for two weeks or so :3) and with luck will have more of my story and some on the damn fangame… I need to kill the school.

And now, to let people move x3…

Also, there is an OOC post at the end to explain a bit why the… maybe too serious? Outcome with Dbreak :3

***IC***

***KK7***

KK7 had entered the R+R room finally, panting with the damn load in his hands and mouth as he took a pair of bunks to left the things while thanking the dudes that helped him so he could FINALY relax and stop shivering as he thought things could go fairly well from now on.

How could he relax?

Easy: He took one of his bags to take the tools he used to temper with nature (with the nature of his bombs of course). He had a few new toys and wanted to know how they worked… well, not really… he was so nervous that he thought of relaxing with his usual playthings.

Now things could end REALLY good or REALLY bad, depends on how long would he play with those things, who spoke to him and if his friend would come soon enough to knock some sense into him.

***OOC***

He is going to take some time to adjust, relax and simply TALK with the people, so sorry if he seems a bit too cold to anyone x3

***IC (Again)***

***Dbreak***

Sighing, Dbreak left the small amount of anger he was feeling vent away with the table where Slen was, letting the structure crack a bit under his hands before he went around collecting the things that he needed to help the Mudokon.

“Want to know?” He asked dryly before breaking one of the animal cages to use the materials “Then why don’t you ask the natives? It is common sense that they care for others” He grumbled.

Taking the metal bars and some bandages, Dbreak took (as gently as a pair of frigging huge hands can) the Mudokon’s broken arm to slowly treat it and make sure he wouldn’t move so it could heal nicely enough… with some luck that is.

“Of course I would´ve never helped a Mudokon when we was going to be food, nor would the little guy help me in their village and lend me a hand to learn how to live in nature” Dbreak had a harsh tone that even he didn’t like by this point “I am simply a dumb mass of muscle”

With a last grunt he made sure the bandage was firmly on its place before giving Slen a pat on the head and a cold stare to the black Mudokon girl.

“Wherever I traveled I only had comments like your own, except from the natives when I showed them I and my companion were different” He was trying his best to not snarl at the girl “But this is the last straw; to find the last thing that I thought would make fun of me? That it was not another shortsighted industrial? That it is a Mudokon that doesn’t fear me, but also mocks me as the rest of the people?” With a final grunt he turned away, unmasked face showing something more than an angry feeling and the old pants creaking under the pressure he was giving on them with the forceful movements “Don’t know what the hell did the people do to you, but you better don’t mess with me girly: I am pretty much tired of people pushing me and my friend around because we are not your common Sligs”

Dbreak finally stormed away, getting the other Mudokon worker out of the way as he was heard grumbling under his breath and wishing, for once, that he had a mask so no one would know what a killer look he was sporting right now. He never took things seriously, he always tried to look a bit dumb and funny, really, he never lets anyone see how smart he can get because he usually gets angry.

Now that he was angry he simply wanted to relax and cool down before it went downhill… What a magnificent first frigging day!

***OOC***

Overreacting much x3? Mmmmh… while I have not been around much every day, I took a look at the response to Dbreak and had been pondering how he would act with all the background I already have on him (which won’t be told till someone asks and he wants to tell :3)
Only thing I will say is that pretty much he is like Stranger in the sense that he tries to fit in by one or other means, that he tries to make his way and that at least some (The natives) don’t see him as a frigging monster, so he lends them the last bit of hope and friendship he has.
Now let’s say I think Dionysia pinched a nerve pretty hard ^^”””””” but that is how she is and this is how my guy is :3 Hope that this doesn’t get violent however… but it will be by chance, which, so everyone knows, I do like this:
I LOVE to throw dices like in a D&D x3 I thought with a 4 or more the conversation would end well :3 the better the throw, the better the outcome, but here… err… I had an 1 ^^”” So I did my best to show it like he took it pretty much as serious as he could and got as angry as he would allow himself *without* being violent... yet (he is still a nice guy).
I like to role-play the characters, but I tend to want things in the better outcome (Which ends being boring after a long while and is not a real representation of what could have happened all the time), though here even a 6 would have ended with him angry. So with this method I can decide how good or bad the outcome will be and get in character to see what would happen :3 (which I think it is more random, like everyone's moods)
So… hope it is not something bad to anyone. I wanted to share how I do these things only in case anyone wondered *why?* and *how the heck…?*
-Half the world then?
Shut up and get me some skulls...

DA:
http://headhunterentertain.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Uros Osium Tokker; 03-23-2010 at 02:22 PM..
03-23-2010, 03:26 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)

OOC:
@Alex: reading your post about seperate beds I realised my post wasn't entirely clear, just for clarification I didn't mean anything about Sligs sleeping together for anyone under that impression.

IC:

------Slen-------

The Big Bro Slig carefully tended to Slen's arm and patted him on the head. Slen wanted to thank the Slig however the Big Bro had entered a rage and Slen could not build up the courage to speak to him. When the Slig stormed off Slen lowered his head and started staring at the floor, feeling bad about distrusting the Slig at first. "Back at the power plant I would've never imagined that there are Big Bros like him" Slen thought, not realising that he was thinking aloud. He sat down on the floor and began to aquire a slightly blue tint to his skin. His voice began to sound flat as if he was in a trance. "All I ever thought about was me, when I escape this and that. I just watched as the others failed to escape, watched as they where dragged screaming to the lab. I didn't even think of trying to help them. This is all my fault."

-------Flad-------

Flad began to dream of Paramites wandering the jungles of Paramonia, suddenly the skies darkened and the Paramites turned into pies. The screams of an animal Flad could not recognise echoed through the dream, the sign of his reaccuring nightmare.

My DA page.

03-23-2010, 03:42 PM
enchilado
I don't even know!

: Brisbane, Australia
: 2,749
enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)

[-- Erp --]

Erp jumped back as a Big Bro slig stomped out of the room, then sneaked in. Slen was sitting on the floor, his skin a shade of greeny-blue. Mudokons weren't so good at reading emotions, so they changed colour to make it more obvious. Erp knew that Slen was feeling blue: he could tell from his colour.

Cautiously he approached. "Uh, Slen?"
03-30-2010, 11:33 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: I'd wager this is my first post this year - or in three months, at least. I've been doing a good share of writing, but I'm afraid it's not OWF related at all. I'm in my final BA term at uni, so there's a lot going on, distracting me from posting here.

So, I tried to catch up with things, but I might have missed some important things. Next time you people post, could you give me a quick sitrep on your characters? Just to make sure I don't forget about anyone, and to see who gave up on waiting.

--------------------------

Arnie removed his face from the keyboard of his computer. He felt blood returning to those areas of his face which were pressed against the keys - apparently, he fell asleep. Arnie yawned, then blinked drowsily at the computer.

"...why on Odd do these things have keyboards anyway?" he thought. Bright realisations come seconds after waking up...

He tried to get himself together, shaking his head a few times to wake up properly. He looked at the screen, which showed an error message, possibly the result of his head being pressed against the keys for at least half an hour. "Restart." said Arnie. After a short while, the usual screen appeared, with a message popping up.

"Lock-down cancellation request still pending approval. Going on patrol."

"Lockdown?" he wondered, still not completely aware of things. He looked sideways at the door. "Oh, right." he thought. He stood up from his chair, recalling that it was a noise that woke him - possibly a knock. Arnie still remembered the previous occasion when he answered a knock at the door, which eventually became the reason of the 'lockdown'.

He walked up to the door. "Who's out there? Are the Natives taken care of?"

--------------------------

Rick heard the noises coming from the Labs. Footsteps, shouting... "Hey, it's getting kinda boring in here! Would anyone mind moving in here? There are plenty of empty cages and I could use a neighbour!"

03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Splat

ooc: Huzzah!

Jimmy, if you look on the W@RF map, Anni's garden is the greener patch of the stockyards on the small overview thing. It's a short way from the factory, just on the inner edge of what in Abe's time was the free-fire zone and now is part of the stockyards.
Also, apologies for any mistakes in this post; I have a new laptop and I'm not used to the keyboard yet.

IC:
Fortunately for Ark, Krik tended to look upon mudokons as someone would look on mould growing between the tiles of a public shower, so the odds of him recognising Ark, let alone hearing him blurt out the fact that he had previously been hunted down by security (kinda), were not great.
Standing in the doorway of the cafeteria, he was feeling slightly irritated to find it suddenly and uncharacteristically empty, when the mud's voice from behind him made itself heard. Turning on the mudokon, he found it looking slightly nervous, which being a sadistic git, made him grin, "Perhaps you could help me," He said, "I was wondering if you had seen a female mud with black skin around; I need her for a rather dangerous experiment, you see." He sighed theatrically, "Of course, if I can't find her then I'll need another mud to fill in for her."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Contrary to what is about to be seen, Dionysia did know when to quit; it was when there wasn't a handy escape route. But the slig had pushed its way out of the lab and left her in there, and there was that access lift just behind her if the big-bro turned violent (which they tended to do if pushed too far). She knew she was pushing her luck but things had been bad enough for her these last few weeks and, Odd, she needed some fun.
Besides, she didn't like the thing making out that the vykkers had somehow made her stupider, when they had in fact made her much cleverer than sheep-like muds or thuggish sligs.

"I am so right," She called as it stormed away sown the corridor; "I wasn't mocking you because you're different, and that would be easy enough, dressed like a walking tree. I was laughing 'cus all big bros are just the same, just as stupid as each other; can't even tell why they're being laughed at." She ducked back inside the lab in case it started shooting, and ignored the shouting coming from inside the cage room. Hadn't Arnie ordered one of the muds be locked in there for being late to work that morning?

Anni and Jim looked over towards the factory as lights inside the fence turned on and dimly illuminated the garden. "Who turned that on?" Anni murmured.
"Oh," Jim said, seeing Ralph illuminated by the lights, "Ralph helped me find you."

Anni had seen Ralph a few times around the factory but hadn't really spoken to him. "Hi," She said, giving him a sunny smile.

"Who's out there? Are the Natives taken care of?"

Natives? What had been going on here? Maybe so many years working in the Rupture Farms had made the glukkon slightly paranoid. "I sincerely hope so," Emlech called through the door. "This is Doctor Emlech; you may remember I gave you a few mudokons to look after a couple of years ago when the fall of the Conglomerate forced me to close a couple of my facilities. I've come to discuss taking one of them back."

Last edited by Splat; 03-30-2010 at 12:31 PM..
03-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

Mmh...Greener patch...greener patch...Oh ! That tiny one near the Y rail crossing ? OK then
And I assume those little gray squares are the watchtowers I just lit up, then

-----IC-----

SU-01 looked as proudly as a robot could do at what he's just done.

"Now this is definitely an improvement. Nothing near the facility where I came from, but it's a good start. Now let's see if I can re-activate the movements detectors mounted on the watchtowers." He looked through his data "No...That can't be as easy as THAT...Send a 15-278-B activation request to the main server ? The one without authentication ? Even the sligs barracks are a little more secured than that...That help file must be outdated...Still...Why not after all ?"

Seconds later, the red eyes of the massive glukkon-shaped towers were scanning the surroundings with the regular "Baw...baw" noise. If he could have sighted and face-palmed himself, he probably would have done it.

"This should cover most of the critical breaches around this place. Let's see..." A small windows displayed on his hud.

-----
MOVEMENTS DETECTORS MANAGEMENT
-----
Watchtowers 1 to 4 : 4/4 WORKING PROPERLY. NOTHING DETECTED YET.

Main doors 1 to 3 : 1/3 ENABLED, 2 OUT OF ORDER. NOTHING DETECTED YET.

Basement : 15 ENABLED, 14 DEFECTIVE. (Receiving incorrect value or unable to scan the selected area)
[Damn paramites webs ]

Train tracks : BOOTING...
-----

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 03-30-2010 at 01:30 PM..
03-30-2010, 04:14 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

IC:

---------Slen--------
Slen was sitting and staring at the lab floor, too wrapped up in his own mind until a familiar voice spoke to him. "Oh! hi Erp, I was just thinking about stuff." Slen's colour almost changed back to normal but a slight bluish tint remained however it was barely noticable. "my arm broke when I fell down the stairs, hold on." while sitting Slen realised he could put his legs through the loop created by the chain and his arms, moving his arms from behind his back to in front of him. He did so and stood up "that's much better"

Suddenly Slen heard a voice from the nearby room and jumped back. "Hey, did you hear that? It sounded lika a mudokon's voice coming from in there" Slen pointed using his arms, glad he didn't have to nod in the direction of everything anymore.

-------Flad-------

Still sleeping in R+R. Briefly mumbled something about pies in his sleep.

My DA page.

03-31-2010, 12:21 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

OOC: I'll probably keep Borso asleep for a while too.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

03-31-2010, 03:31 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

***OOC***

Writing like a b*censored* I need to finish a chapter before these two weeks end and I disappear again x3…

Also, KK7 is getting something ready for Dbreak, so he is not going to move until next post.

***IC***

***Dbreak***

Twitching his tentacles, Dbreak lost it… not really lost it enough to maul that damn girl, but if she thought that she could have the last word. Why not? Let her have the last word. With a grunt he turned, came inside the lab again and placed something in the table so hard that it bent.

“Want to know something girl?” He said in a hissing tone “You may be right, I may be a dumb piece of muscle, who knows… I may even not outsmart you, and that hurts” With a chuckle he took his hand to show that it was a photo on the table “But knowing you for only a few minutes has left me with all I needed to know from you”

He placed a finger over the photo, a photo that showed a tribal village in the background, trees everywhere and a great group of Mudokons with both Dbreak and KK7. It was clear in the photo that almost every Mudokon was a bit wary or fearful of the pair, but the closer ones, in special one Mudokon with a yellowish coloration, seemed to be perfectly fine, even happy, to be there.

“I know I have a place to go where I will not be treated like…” He took a deep breath “A piece of meat, a replaceable tool, scraps from a experiment table or a defective robot that is kept around only because it would be funnier to see it break than to scrap it right away” He was getting a deep hissing tone that he used only with the worst criminals out there. His nerves were just set right to kill something if pushed just enough “I have what I would love to call a family and friends, I don’t need technology as much as everyone else in this damn place and I know I have a place to go” Giving out an angry smile, he pointed at her “But do you? Do you have a place to go or is someone just going to take you as they please until they are tired or you are not useful anymore?” Dbreak grinned with malice, something he rarely did “It doesn’t matter what kind of answer you give me, because I know the real answer is *No*” Turning, he grinned, blind and deaf to anything but that black Mudokon “I must congratulate you, girl, because from all the Mudokons I have met, you are the only one I wouldn’t ever help escape or that I would befriend” Grinning, he began walking away “Except if you change your character… which I doubt just enough to be sure the closer you could be to friendship with anyone is if they DIDN'T intend to kill you”

Dbreak was going to get out of the lab but thought *Why leave now? This is the first time someone has gotten me THIS angry* He smiled darkly for once *Let’s see how this ends...

"Well?" He stopped in front of the door, inches away from that choice that was leaving "I didn’t thought you were going to stay silent for such pitiful remark" Dbreak didn’t even pay enough consideration as to look at her now “Weren’t you so sure of your words and your reasons? What are the words of a dumb hulk without brain now?” He wasn’t looking back, he simply wanted to know if the girl had any kind of feelings asides that angst… not that he cared anymore, and that was a first for him "Come on, I am ready for anything you have to say to me now"
-Half the world then?

DA:

Last edited by Uros Osium Tokker; 03-31-2010 at 05:33 AM..
03-31-2010, 04:49 AM
Splat

ooc: Uros, could you edit your post so Dbreak didn't walk out at the end? We kind of had something going there and it's probably the first time since about W@RF 6 that anyone (other than my own characters) has said anything to Dionysia that might actually provoke her more vulnerable side. So little character development has happened to her in so long that I'd be disappointed to see this end so soon.

Last edited by Splat; 03-31-2010 at 04:53 AM..
03-31-2010, 05:27 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

***OOC***

Withouth problem :3 It was one of the two options, but didnt exactly have sure if do so or not right there I want Dbreak to do something, but it can wait and he is angry enough to maybe wait and see the outcome :3 Now I am curious >:3
-Half the world then?

DA:

03-31-2010, 05:28 AM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

arkaznor  (18)

OOC: Ark hasn't had any real interaction with Vykkers, in fact the only Vykker that he spent any amount of time around, made him cloths. So he feels rather neutral about them, never having developed a fear of them or seen any of their malevolent sides.

IC:
Ark just stared at the Vykker. It was slowly dawning on Ark that this Vykker did not recognize him. Instead he was asking him a question and making a treat at the same time. While rather odd, Ark decided it was best to play along, less history repeated its self.

Thinking about what happened yesterday, he could only mean one (and Ark only knew of one) black skinned female Mudokon.

Snapping up straight, Ark addressed the Vykker, "I saw her recently, sir. And it is unlikely that she has moved far from the area in the amount of time I've been gone. Though, Sir, and I hope I'm not prying to much; but a dangerous task, obviously, does not bode well. And I'm not inclined to lead you to an employee, if it is unlikely she will return with her life," Ark than glanced away while he muttered, "even if she isn't the most pleasant of individuals."

Ark wasn't going to give in to, nor did he like, treats, and he seemed to have a habit of getting himself in life treating situation anyway. Besides, he wasn't predisposed to like this guy.

03-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Splat

ooc: There seems to be some strangeness happening; Dionysia and Dbreak are having a rather vocal discussion in the lab, where Erp and Slen are, only they haven't seemed to have noticed. Can I suggest that whichever of you pair post next, you move the mudokons into the cage room to investigate Rick (and assume they did so before the Dbreak started shouting) so that there's a reason they haven't noticed the angry big bro and suicidal black-skinned mud girl( )?

I have no idea how Dionysia is going to react to this; I'm sure it'll be interesting when I find out (poor girl).

IC:
Krik's eyes bulged at the impertinence of this mud; what did it think it was? He snapped open his doctor's bag with his bottom two hands and began rummaging around inside of it. "Listen, slave!" He spat, "I am a vykker! And your role in this disgusting factory is to serve your betters!" He drew out a very large syringe full of liquid the colour of bile, and a large, rather filthy scalpel that he kept for occasions such as this. Then he snapped his bag closed and advanced menacingly on Ark, "Now if you do not take me to see my mudokon this minute, you will be serving as her replacement and I assure you it will be a very, very painful experience!"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dionysia was edging towards the lift at the back of the lift when Dbreak re-entered the lab and strode towards her, menacingly brandishing a... photograph!!
This pretty much caused Dionysia to pause long enough to listen to Dbreak's reply.

The picture itself froze her poisonous expression; what were those sligs doing standing around amongst all those muds? She didn't look close enough to see the few mudokons who weren't showing fear of the sligs, partly because Dbreak wasn't holding it still enough.
As Dbreak launched into his tirade about having a 'place to go back to' (Amongst muds? Hah!) a range of cruel replies came to her lips, ready to be deployed as soon as he stopped for breath.

“But do you? Do you have a place to go or is someone just going to take you as they please until they are bored or you are not useful anymore?” Dbreak grinned with malice, something he rarely did “It doesn’t matter what kind of answer you give me, because I know the real answer is 'No'!”

He stopped for a moment but her quick tongue had failed her. Words wouldn't come. Sensing her weakness he started again and she couldn't find anything to say. Voices were screaming at her in her head but she couldn't tell what they were saying.

"Well?" He stopped in front of the door, inches away from that choice that was leaving "I didn’t thought you were going to stay silent for such pitiful remark."

Krik; she wanted to say something about Krik, that he looked after her, that he... he valued her, but long-buried insecurities were clawing at her and she remembered a conversation she had had a long, long time ago, 'He enjoys hurting you...'.
Her face contorted with rage.

"Come on, I am ready for anything you have to say to me now"

She looked up, anger flashing in her eyes, not arrogance or callous rudeness but genuine, animal fury, "You don't..." She hissed, barely comprehensible, "You don't know anything about me."

ooc: I wonder where this is leading...
If you happen to look at the Wikipedia article about Bile to check that you can have something the same colour as it, don't read the bit about 'Abnormal Conditions' *shudder*.

Jim and Anni waiting for Ralph. Emlech waiting for da Boss-man.
Gretin, i don't think Mars is coming back. I suggest you just have Hembar walking out of the basement and assume until further evidence presents itself that he (the character) decided to leave.

Last edited by Splat; 03-31-2010 at 09:49 AM..
03-31-2010, 01:21 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

OOC:
Looks like I got here before Ench. Luckily Slen can use stuff now

IC:

-------Slen------

Slen pointed towards the cell room and suddenly the Big Bro stormed back into the lab. The sight of an angry Big Bro was enough for Slen to lose nearly all logical thought. He almost dived for the cell door panel, opened it using his good arm, and quickly ran through hoping Erp was close behind. He leant against the wall, sat down and caught his breath. Then he noticed there was a Mudokon in one of the cages. "Oh, hi, um, I'm Slen. What are you doing here?"

OOC:
Hope this is adequate.

My DA page.

03-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

Crescent  (25)
Happy

:
OOC: I'll probably keep Borso asleep for a while too.
Or Borso could meet up with Mindy as she is currently waiting the loby and does not where to go.
03-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

***OOC***

Nice X3 Though hope these two don’t end killing each other… Though can say someone does want to kill the other X3

***IC***

***Dbreak (Again)***

“How the fu** could I know about you?!” Yelled the Big Bro, getting as close to the girl as he could “THAT IS MY ****ING POINT!” He hissed, almost face to face with her, his eyes glittering in anger “However, now that you said that… Why so angry at what I said? Did I hit a nerve?” He chuckled with a wide grin “Was I right in those things? You don’t have any place to go or anyone to call your friend?”

He stopped grinning and now he was head to head with her. His look was dead serious, the usual friendly face or candid expression, aura, or however you want to call it, wasn’t even close to be sensed or looked at. He had none.

“THAT is pathetic” No tone, no feeling, it looked like a machine was talking “I had hoped for a second that the angst you seem to have was out of spite because any friend you had was taken away from you, that it was because someone had harmed you or had taken you from a place you would call home” Looking her straight at the eyes he showed the photo again “I have my home, these guys could take me in if they wanted and I had no place to go” Sighing, he hid it in his armor “You? You are something I never saw… A Mudokon this angry, this spiteful… this… this… I don’t have words to express it, I suppose a Glukkon or maybe a Vykker had, but I don’t” He grumbled, looking at her as a greenhorn Slig would to his first weapon in life: With amazement, fear, respect and expectation… but knowing that what he got was a rejected thing from someone else “How could I know you? WHO WOULD WANT KNOW YOU?!”
-Half the world then?

DA:

Last edited by Uros Osium Tokker; 03-31-2010 at 04:06 PM..
03-31-2010, 03:48 PM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

arkaznor  (18)

OOC: No idea what you were hoping for Splat, but this should be fun, eh?

IC:
OK, if what this Vykker had said before wasn't meant to be a treat, this was. 'Great, another wacko,' Ark thought as his tattoos began to glow.

Ark took half a step back, partly to get slightly further way from the now armed Vykker, and partly to get into a better stance to either fight or run.

As Ark glared at the Vykker, he replied curtly, "While you have been proving the opposite of being my better, it looks like my life is at risk. So, I will escort you to her. However, I will be accompany you, while whatever task you need her for is taking place," Ark narrowed his eyes slightly more, his tattoos in full swing, "But, if it looks like her life is in any danger, I will not hesitate to stop you."

Waving his arm out in front of him, while giving a half smile, to gesture that this Vykker should start walking, Ark thought, 'Cause her life so far has proven to be worth more than yours. And with the security office right next door, hopefully...'

OOC: Ark seems to have death wish, always pushing whenever someone tries to kill him, rather than running like he should. How will Kirk react? Probably with more violence and treats, but who knows other than Splat. Poor Ark, his gun would of been so useful right now, unfortunately, a crazed lunatic is between him and his gun.

03-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Splat

ooc: Man, I really wish you'd done that in smaller bits, to give me a chance to get involved more! It's a long post, and I think it would've done well in smaller bits, so Dionysia could get a few more words in. If I follow on from that I'll probably have to over-play her weakness by putting her in a stunned silence or over-play her aggression by making her try and fight back and getting shouted down all the while. Neither would really work; there's too much going on in there.

I don't want to nag about this, but can I make a couple of suggestions? Either you chop most of it out (Say, everything after 'Who would want to know you?' Copy and paste the rest somewhere so you can use it again if the conversation stays on the same track) so I can get a word in? I mean, at least drop the bit about the ocarina for now? That stuff can happy later, after he's seen how Dionysia responds; she might evoke pity or something, making him decide to be gentler. You don't have to do everything in one post; that's not the point of RPGing. As long as it's more than three lines long. It'll take longer, les, but the RPG's not exactly speeding along.

It'd kind of make more sense and would be better for the story for Dion to do something other than stand there and gape through it all.
Sorry, but I just think it wouldn't really work well if I had to pick up after that huge post
You know, for parts 7, 8 and 9 the RPG hasn't been half as fun as it used to be, and now we have something good I don't want it be over in three posts.

EDIT: Ark, I'll post when I have a response from Uros (you posted while I was reading/posting myself)

EDIT:EDIT:
This sort of thing hasn't happened for a long time. Starting from this post and going on for a couple of pages back in W@RF 5, my character, Stivik, and Anni, who belonged to T-nex back then, had a long, very awesome conversation actually in a similar vein to this one. It went on for a lot of posts over a few days and, alright, we might have broken the PPD rule a bit to get it all done, but it was only between two characters so no one got flooded out, and they were decent posts... But we took our time and ended up with a really great argument that was one of the highlights of the whole RPG for me.

EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:
Also, she's quite strong and well trained, but I'm fairly certain Dbreak would crush her if it came to blows

Last edited by Splat; 03-31-2010 at 04:12 PM..
03-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

***OOC***

No problem, sorry I made it THAT long... I think I got carried away XD Will chop it down ok, I will leave the some things in a note for later use if things go more or less as planed :3 (Though after chopping it down, NAP TIME! 02:05 here)

Edit STFU NAP time.

Well, I want to make it nice, even if it is one on one MANY times (I am still shy even if it is across a screen XD don’t laugh of a fellow dude >:3). I, however, think I am a bit over eager and over anxious... I usually get too much inside the character and am used of my way of writing so I let it all out. I will try to hold it a bit more, go relaxed and make things slow and good so (with luck) everyone has fun.

Now... only if the brainy would take its time to come... otherwise maybe a head will blow up. (Kidding)
-Half the world then?

DA:

Last edited by Uros Osium Tokker; 03-31-2010 at 04:12 PM..
03-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Splat

ooc: Thanks
I dunno if you saw the edits I made to my last post (you were probably typing at the time...)

:
EDIT:EDIT:
This sort of thing hasn't happened for a long time. Starting from this post and going on for a couple of pages back in W@RF 5, my character, Stivik, and Anni, who belonged to T-nex back then, had a long, very awesome conversation actually a little bit similar to this one (just a little bit). It went on for a lot of posts over a few days and, alright, we might have broken the PPD rule a bit to get it all done, but it was only between two characters so no one got flooded out, and they were decent posts... But we took our time and ended up with a really great argument that was one of the highlights of the whole RPG for me.

EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:
Also, she's quite strong and well trained, but I'm fairly certain Dbreak would crush her if it came to blows
On mit das show!

IC:
Krik smirked, "Fine with me." He'd deal with this idiotic mud once he'd met up with Dionysia. He would have taken him straight to Arnie himself, only he didn't want the boss to know he was there. "Lead the way, then."

(ooc: Take your time, Ark... )
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The sudden, explosive rage from the big-bro shocked her out of her own anger and she stumbled back, surprised. She stepped back as he advanced on her, looking around for something to defend herself with. How had she let this happen?! If he went for his guns, she'd be dead meat! If he tried to hit her... Well, she would just have to hope she was faster than he was.

"Why so angry at what I said? Did I hit a nerve?”

She glowered, angry, pushing her emotions down, her survival instincts stopping her from losing it again. She ignored his bombardment of insults, ignored when he waved the stupid photo in her face again (what had he had to do with natives? She wasn't about to stop and ask) but found it harder to ignore when he accused her of being a mudokon.

“You? You are something I never saw… A Mudokon this angry, this spiteful… this… this… I don’t have words to express it, I suppose a Glukkon or maybe a Vykker had, but I don’t” He grumbled, looking at her as a greenhorn Slig would to his first weapon in life: With amazement, fear, respect and expectation… but knowing that what he got was a rejected thing from someone else “How could I know you? WHO WOULD WANT TO KNOW YOU?!”

His confusion over what she was... She smirked, because his confusion made her feel powerful, almost mythical. One day he would see what she was. For now, knowing he was clueless filled her with confidence, even though he had her back to the wall. "You're right," She hissed, grinning at him like a snake; "I'm nothing you've ever seen before. Maybe you aren't slow like other big-bros, but it'd take more than you've got to work out what I am."
This seemed a fair comment; only two sligs had been good enough. Gappiqu had gotten close to the truth, but he was too naive of the world to really make the final leap. Stivik had worked her out, but he was nothing short of exceptional. She didn't believe any big-bro could be that good.
"But don't you ever, ever call me a filthy mud again."

ooc: Obviously 'filthy mud' weren't his exact words, but she's rather sensitive about the issue And she has typically sliggish opinions about mudokons.
(She also has typically sliggish opinions about big-bros.)

Last edited by Splat; 03-31-2010 at 04:45 PM..