03-07-2006, 06:16 AM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)
God's Joke--A little poem

Hey there. This is a poem I wrote from the point of view from someone with a disability who feels pretty bitter about it. Okay, okay, slightly autobiographical...but hey, see what you think. Any comments/tips appreciated.

God’s joke.
Well, I hope he’s laughing
Laughing so hard his ribs break
So hard that his smile
Turns in on itself and bites.

God’s joke.
To make me long, languish, yearn for
People. I hatetolovetohatetolove.
For Christ’s sake.

God’s joke.
Giving me the desire to reach out
To have and to hold for better and
worse for worse for worse for worse

Punchline:

I stare into the mirror
And instead of comfort
God’s joke, clever, honest, autistic
Rejected
Is there.

And He saw that it was bad
And laughed.
03-07-2006, 06:21 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

I don't get it :S Sorry... I'm very bad with poems >_<
So what was God's joke afterall?? :S
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

03-07-2006, 06:29 AM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

salty pretzils  (21)

Sorry, I should make it clearer. When awful things happen, some people refer to it as 'God's joke on humanity'. Unfortunately, some very narrow-minded people also refer to the occurance of disabilities in the same way.
Ta for replying!

EDIT: So the 'joke' is that the person yearns for people, but has been born with a condition which makes it extremely difficult to connect to them (autism). Bitter.
03-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

My brother is autistic. So am I, but to a much lesser extent. I'm not sure of exactly what conditions he has, but he has trouble functioning in society.
But instead of hating God for it, he's started reading the bible and trying to get religion in his life. He drives the rest of us at home crazy with how he interprets the stuff and applies it to life.
I'm not trying to say "Hey, shut up with the emo poetry," or, "Stop whining and get with God." Frankly, I say kudos for being able to express yourself, and I'm not a religious enough person to care what others think about God or a lack thereof. I just thought I'd share my tale of autism and pass along kudos on a well written poem.

03-09-2006, 01:19 AM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

salty pretzils  (21)

:
My brother is autistic. So am I, but to a much lesser extent. I'm not sure of exactly what conditions he has, but he has trouble functioning in society.
But instead of hating God for it, he's started reading the bible and trying to get religion in his life. He drives the rest of us at home crazy with how he interprets the stuff and applies it to life.
I'm not trying to say "Hey, shut up with the emo poetry," or, "Stop whining and get with God." Frankly, I say kudos for being able to express yourself, and I'm not a religious enough person to care what others think about God or a lack thereof. I just thought I'd share my tale of autism and pass along kudos on a well written poem.
Wows, thank you. I mean, I myself happen to have some form of Asperger's, but generally I have a much less 'emo' view on the world than the P.O.V of this poem! Thank you for the comment, and it's always reassuring to know there are others around